Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

berrysweet thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
This has been the most interesting read . Thank you TM and forum members. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Sanika.

Not really..
Why is it so hard for some to get that they both are justified.. it is not sumo v/s shravan,, or bad character development?

Shravan, as the TM said, gave up his job to help this woman, he loves her so much.so after her break down at her house which he witnessed, his main focus was on how to save the house. Question the brains of the oxford grad after some episodes if he does not come up with a plan.

@TM- So just because someone's name is already tarnished, does not mean that it cannot be tarnished more. It is like saying "jale pe aur namak chidkenge tou farak nai padega" It will hurt.
I also did not get your concept of us making Suman mahan. If we were to say so we would not have said she was in the wrong 10 years ago.
She did not complain, she just put her hurt forth to make him understand. I do not see how that is ungrateful. She just wanted him to understand.

And even i dont understand why its difficult for some fans to comprehend what non-fan viewers are trying to point out. I ve said again & again tat i ve no issue with Suman wanting to save her mom's reputation. Can u pt out 1 place where i ve objected to that. What i am trying to say & which fans r unable to understand is for her saving her mom's name is MORE important than saving the house. Again i ve no issues with that but that makes her selfish & lets not pretend otherwise. When a prop is under litigation 1 of the stakeholder can actually get a court order barring the other frm using the prop. My parents had to vacate their nice flat in central Chennai & move to a rented house. Since the case kept dragging they took an out of court settlement frm the other guy (who btw happened 2 b my dad's so called friend who back stabbed him) & gave up the house. So here Khosla can v well make them vacate the house till the case concludes. This is how law works! That is what I am trying to point out to every1 here. Suman's actions will hurt the entire family as the case drags.

Second pt was the lack of affection from Suman's side. Its been 3 mths. When r the CVs ever gng 2 show a situation where Shravan needs her & Suman is his pillar of support. I ve always hated 1 side love. Its just my personal taste. Others here in the forum may go gaga over such majnus & discover non existent greatness in the heroine but i personally dont like it & its my choice. In my office many of my friends also ve stopped watching the show for the past 2 weeks & simply get the updates frm me during lunch. u guys may find the characterization & love/dosti track good. Many of us frankly dont. If u remember the famous KKHH both Sharukh & Kajol were on equal terms & hence it was a much loved movie. Here its not dosti but just a love sick puppy Majnu & hence the disconnect for audiences like me. So far the best love stories that i ve watched on Indian TV r Kshitij Yeh Nahi, Farmaan & Kashish. Go watch those & u ll know wat beautiful love stories are & how grt heroines are portrayed. If i ve so many complaints why i watch the show? Simple this is the lesser of the evil, i like Namik & his characterization.

This forum is not meant only for gushing or gutter posts. Ppl s'd feel free to post criticism as well. Its ur choice 2 agree or disagree! I might b in a small minority but every voice counts!
Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Angels11

And even i dont understand why its difficult for some fans to comprehend what non-fan viewers are trying to point out. I ve said again & again tat i ve no issue with Suman wanting to save her mom's reputation.

No but you said that it is pointless of Suman to fight for her mom when her name is already tarnished. Correcting that.

Can u pt out 1 place where i ve objected to that. What i am trying to say & which fans r unable to understand is for her saving her mom's name is MORE important than saving the house.
Because saving her house and saving her mom's name mean the same to her. She never dreamt of Shravan paying off her mom's non-existent debt.

Again i ve no issues with that but that makes her selfish & lets not pretend otherwise.
how does saving/clearing her mom's name make her selfish?

When a prop is under litigation 1 of the stakeholder can actually get a court order barring the other frm using the prop. My parents had to vacate their nice flat in central Chennai & move to a rented house. Since the case kept dragging they took an out of court settlement frm the other guy (who btw happened 2 b my dad's so called friend who back stabbed him) & gave up the house. So here Khosla can v well make them vacate the house till the case concludes. This is how law works! That is what I am trying to point out to every1 here. Suman's actions will hurt the entire family as the case drags. 
Has it yet? Have some patience. It is very important to have that in Indian TV shows.

Second pt was the lack of affection from Suman's side.
As redwine pointed out, it is in her characterization, she does not emote easily. Give her time. 
 Its been 3 mths. 
one and a half
When r the CVs ever gng 2 show a situation where Shravan needs her & Suman is his pillar of support.
As I said, have some patience.
 I ve always hated 1 side love. Its just my personal taste. Others here in the forum may go gaga over such majnus & discover non existent greatness in the heroine but i personally dont like it & its my choice.
 In my office many of my friends also ve stopped watching the show for the past 2 weeks & simply get the updates frm me during lunch. u guys may find the characterization & love/dosti track good. Many of us frankly dont. If u remember the famous KKHH both Sharukh & Kajol were on equal terms & hence it was a much loved movie. Here its not dosti but just a love sick puppy Majnu & hence the disconnect for audiences like me. So far the best love stories that i ve watched on Indian TV r Kshitij Yeh Nahi, Farmaan & Kashish. Go watch those & u ll know wat beautiful love stories are & how grt heroines are portrayed. If i ve so many complaints why i watch the show? Simple this is the lesser of the evil, i like Namik & his characterization.
You say you like Namik's charecterisation, yet call him a love sick puppy and say you are sick of him, assuming that by charecterisation, you meant Shravan.
This forum is not meant only for gushing or gutter posts
. Ppl s'd feel free to post criticism as well. Its ur choice 2 agree or disagree! I might b in a small minority but every voice counts!

@bold- If that is a dig at me and my friends, leave them out of it. I will not tolerate it.They have done nothing.  If not, then ignore, I am sorry.
You are free to post your thoughts and criticism, but frankly speaking, if you call half the fandom 'kids', it not my fault for whatever replies you get.
I am sorry that people have stopped watching this show in your office, to each his own I guess.
Have some patience before lashing out is what I want to say. Give time for the CV's to create some problems for Shravan before "Suman is his pillar of support." 
Give them time to be on "equal terms."
Good night😊
Angels11 thumbnail
@bold- If that is a dig at me and my friends, leave them out of it. I will not tolerate it.They have done nothing.  If not, then ignore, I am sorry.

>>> This stmt was in response 2 ur comment of why this thread is still gng on. You are not the sentinel of this forum & no need for u 2 get hyper & threaten others by saying u cant tolerate blah blah. I ve not made any personal attacks & so kindly refrain frm dng so. If u can add anything to the ongoing discussion both for or against please do so. If u want 2 bully & threaten dont post on my thread since i also dont tolerate bullies like fictional Sumo nor ppl like u. This forum is not ur personal prop nor or ur friends for u 2 tolerate or not tolerate. Your friends r quite capable of talking for themselves so stop being a self appointed mouthpiece for all. Have i dragged any1 here. So try to be more mature in a debate.

You are free to post your thoughts and criticism, but frankly speaking, if you call half the fandom 'kids', it not my fault for whatever replies you get.

>>> No need 2 b condescending. Most of the replies were mature though frm their own view pt/perspective. And yes its a fact that most of the members of the forum r extremely young in their teens or early 20s. Most of them r not married or not settled in India. That again is a fact. Do u c any male member in this forum or others. That shows the demography of the viewers. My hubby actually liked the character Shravan till it went downhill & his only comment on Suman was wow typical MS I AM ALWAYS RIGHT, a type we men always avoid. That was the analysis by guys at office as well wen v were boring others with our silly discussions at lunch. So yes most of the ppl who watch & like are quite young GIRLS with lots of unrealistic ideals. Hope they dont build dreams based on fiction & get heart broken since in real life there r no Shravans!

I am sorry that people have stopped watching this show in your office, to each his own I guess.
Have some patience before lashing out is what I want to say. Give time for the CV's to create some problems for Shravan before "Suman is his pillar of support." 
Give them time to be on "equal terms."
Good night😊

Check my comments inline.

Responding 1 last time since i dont like cyber bullying or ppl ordering me bt on wat i can & cannot do on a public forum which is not their personal fiefdom.
Edited by Angels11 - 8 years ago
tttttt1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Angel11
I see this thread is going in multi direction 
Let me just post what I feel 
People are weak at times ,as far as some people or issues are concerned ,
so far ,for suman that person has been her mother ,for Sravan that person has been suman 
Now the situation is one person's priority comes in the others way
For suman the priority has been to prove that her mother didn't take the loan, her plan is the house is then in any case saved 

But with what Sravan did she didn't have any choice but to let go of her house (since the debt is to be paid and mami made this situation into a opportunity) and any possibility of fighting to protect her mother's name

Now what will she do in this situation. ,she knows why Sravan did what he did ,its just she lost a lot in the bargain
Kabhe kabhe natigha zyaada manya rakta hain 

And Sravan agrees and understand s his decision was wrong and he corrects it too 
For me it's a fair characterization so far
Angels11 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ttt1

Angel11

I see this thread is going in multi direction 
Let me just post what I feel 
People are weak at times ,as far as some people or issues are concerned ,
so far ,for suman that person has been her mother ,for Sravan that person has been suman 
Now the situation is one person's priority comes in the others way
For suman the priority has been to prove that her mother didn't take the loan, her plan is the house is then in any case saved 

But with what Sravan did she didn't have any choice but to let go of her house (since the debt is to be paid and mami made this situation into a opportunity) and any possibility of fighting to protect her mother's name

Now what will she do in this situation. ,she knows why Sravan did what he did ,its just she lost a lot in the bargain
Kabhe kabhe natigha zyaada manya rakta hain 

And Sravan agrees and understand s his decision was wrong and he corrects it too 
For me it's a fair characterization so far

Thanks for ur views.

The prob tat not just me but many other viewers r having with the show is non-fans like us r unable 2 relate with Suman. Since she always over reacts to situations the feeling of empathy that the CVs want to evoke in the audience is sadly missing. Thats why i ve been saying repeatedly frm the beginning of the show that the CVs need to work on her character. We as audience r unable to feel her pain & tears. The FB in her old house was 1 of the best episode. I was able 2 feel the pain of a 6 yr old kid & hence that episode worked. Unfortunately thats a 1 off case. Most of the times she comes across as an ungrateful brat who takes others for granted. Some like u may b v patient & kind by nature. But most of the normal ppl like me r unable to like this characterization. So her tears dont move us. Sometimes it does but most of the times it doesnt & that is the loss for the show coz then it ll b unable to attract genuine viewers like me. The show has a beautiful theme but its execution off late has left much to b desired. For eg she shared her disappointment with Shravan which was fine. What was the need to cold shoulder him & ignore his calls. Its acts like these which r alienating viewers like me frm the show coz its becoming v 1 sided. As i said most of the ppl dont like 1 side love or friendship & tats y i gave the eg of KKHH. There was a warm give & take bet the 2 characters. Here its all GIVE GIVE GIVE. Even in this track CVs c'd ve sneaked in a few nuances. Like Shravan working non-stop on the case & Suman bullying him to eat. At least it ll b balanced. But no even then they had 2 show only Shravan being concerned bt her. Once this track ends again they ll show something where Suman yells, Shravan retreats, Suman cries needs help, Shravan runs & the cycle begins. We have waited for a long time now. If they still dont show Suman showing any care or empathy for her friend then I am sorry I officially give up on the show.
rock&roll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hi,
Interesting topic of discussion here & kinda controversial πŸ˜‰ never mind.,i love it...So  my two cents

I too felt that Sumo was going really hard at Shravan about her mother's name getting tarnished and stuff,coz  Shravan is a very very good friend who has left everything to help her out.He is doing his very bestest here and what he gets in return is (nateeja counts not iraada πŸ˜•..huh,really?)Lady,the Bhagvad Gita told me the opposite,effort counts not resultsπŸ˜† .Suman's only show of gratitude here is a "Thank u soo much".When that is all she can show in gratitude,then her criticism should be as (non) existent too.

But this story and the characters are not so simple.(or so I think ).So let us look at the other side.For one,a man like Shravan(shown to be high on ego,will power and self respect) is not hurt by this statement of Sumo's.In other other words,he wants to rectify(what he sees) as his mistake,but he is not miffed at her for showing(what we perceive) as lack of gratitude.In a somewhat similar situation a few weeks ago,Mr Big Ben insulted our lovely Suman wilfully and intentionally in a party after heavy planning.Though Sumo was upset about this for sometime,now she seems to have moved on.If I had been in her place,I would have taken years to get over such an insult.Agreed that the minar of Delhi is helping her out in  a near life or death case,but to forget an insult like that takes a huge extra effort(maybe she has just put it in cold storage,it may resurface at the opportune moment)

So to cut a long story short:I have one of two conclusions..choose your pick

1) Sumo darling apparently has a big big big heart or has partial amnesia(likely the latter).
Our handsome hunk Shravan   suffers from split personality disorder.That is why he hurts her so badly on one hand and then comes running to rescue the damsel in distress.

2)The two are so close to each other that they find it comfortable to voice their deepest feelings and bare all their vulnerabilites to each other.They know that come what may,the other person will understand. Shravan hurts Suman(party mein),but deep down he knows that this may offend her temporarily but will never make her move away from him fully.He knows that she will eventually understand and come through. Suman chides him telling him that his best effort is just not enough,but she knows that he will understand where she is coming from.After all we bare our deepest  thoughts,insecurities and feelings only to the person we completely trust.The two feel comfortable enough to say anything anytime to each other.They know their relationship is secure and is forever.(such relationships do exist but are very very very rare).

So take your pick guys,πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

poppinss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rock&roll

Hi,

Interesting topic of discussion here & kinda controversial πŸ˜‰ never mind.,i love it...So  my two cents

I too felt that Sumo was going really hard at Shravan about her mother's name getting tarnished and stuff,coz  Shravan is a very very good friend who has left everything to help her out.He is doing his very bestest here and what he gets in return is (nateeja counts not iraada πŸ˜•..huh,really?)Lady,the Bhagvad Gita told me the opposite,effort counts not resultsπŸ˜† .Suman's only show of gratitude here is a "Thank u soo much".When that is all she can show in gratitude,then her criticism should be as (non) existent too.

But this story and the characters are not so simple.(or so I think ).So let us look at the other side.For one,a man like Shravan(shown to be high on ego,will power and self respect) is not hurt by this statement of Sumo's.In other other words,he wants to rectify(what he sees) as his mistake,but he is not miffed at her for showing(what we perceive) as lack of gratitude.In a somewhat similar situation a few weeks ago,Mr Big Ben insulted our lovely Suman wilfully and intentionally in a party after heavy planning.Though Sumo was upset about this for sometime,now she seems to have moved on.If I had been in her place,I would have taken years to get over such an insult.Agreed that the minar of Delhi is helping her out in  a near life or death case,but to forget an insult like that takes a huge extra effort(maybe she has just put it in cold storage,it may resurface at the opportune moment)

1) Sumo darling apparently has a big big big heart or has partial amnesia(likely the latter).
Our handsome hunk Shravan   suffers from split personality disorder.That is why he hurts her so badly on one hand and then comes running to rescue the damsel in distress.

2)The two are so close to each other that they find it comfortable to voice their deepest feelings and bare all their vulnerabilites to each other.They know that come what may,the other person will understand. Shravan hurts Suman(party mein),but deep down he knows that this may offend her temporarily but will never make her move away from him fully.He knows that she will eventually understand and come through. Suman chides him telling him that his best effort is just not enough,but she knows that he will understand where she is coming from.After all we bare our deepest  thoughts,insecurities and feelings only to the person we completely trust.The two feel comfortable enough to say anything anytime to each other.They know their relationship is secure and is forever.(such relationships do exist but are very very very rare).

22222222222222222222222222222222  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
spnfan thumbnail
Most Posts (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Angels11

Thanks for ur views.

The prob tat not just me but many other viewers r having with the show is non-fans like us r unable 2 relate with Suman. Since she always over reacts to situations the feeling of empathy that the CVs want to evoke in the audience is sadly missing. Thats why i ve been saying repeatedly frm the beginning of the show that the CVs need to work on her character. We as audience r unable to feel her pain & tears. The FB in her old house was 1 of the best episode. I was able 2 feel the pain of a 6 yr old kid & hence that episode worked. Unfortunately thats a 1 off case. Most of the times she comes across as an ungrateful brat who takes others for granted. Some like u may b v patient & kind by nature. But most of the normal ppl like me r unable to like this characterization. So her tears dont move us. Sometimes it does but most of the times it doesnt & that is the loss for the show coz then it ll b unable to attract genuine viewers like me. The show has a beautiful theme but its execution off late has left much to b desired. For eg she shared her disappointment with Shravan which was fine. What was the need to cold shoulder him & ignore his calls. Its acts like these which r alienating viewers like me frm the show coz its becoming v 1 sided. As i said most of the ppl dont like 1 side love or friendship & tats y i gave the eg of KKHH. There was a warm give & take bet the 2 characters. Here its all GIVE GIVE GIVE. Even in this track CVs c'd ve sneaked in a few nuances. Like Shravan working non-stop on the case & Suman bullying him to eat. At least it ll b balanced. But no even then they had 2 show only Shravan being concerned bt her. Once this track ends again they ll show something where Suman yells, Shravan retreats, Suman cries needs help, Shravan runs & the cycle begins. We have waited for a long time now. If they still dont show Suman showing any care or empathy for her friend then I am sorry I officially give up on the show.

How can you be so sure that its gonna be like that... 80%of The viewers thought shravan agreed to marry urvashi and we bashed him left right and center till the next episode aired... Also this is a finite series and it wont stretch for long...
Sumo is up to a level is selfish and arrogant esp with shravan... That is her characterization... She herself admitted thay there is nothing more important than.her mother tp her... Suman is not perfect and shravan loves her with her flaws... He knows how to handle her...
When.there is an arrogant mcp ML is shows girls go gaa gaa over him and his one good deed is more than enough to cover or forget his all bad deeds but when a FL with flaws is shown she is not worth for the ML... Thats a double standard... Suman dont need to be mahaan to be worth of shravan.. Shravan lived his life making sumo his center.. Its not the same for sumo.. She had other problems.. She had to prove herself to her own.family.. Except for rejection from sumo and his mother shravan had a luxurious life with an.over loving dad... His Mom and sumo were absent from his life but sumo had her family memebers with her to taunt her each day... Life was more difficult for her which made her hard.. She dont show her concern or love thay easily.. That doesnot mean she dont care about shravan.. Its not necessary that all the FL need to be lovey dovey as soon as the ML comes near... Its perfectly fine to have an emotionally constipated FL... 
Angels11 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rock&roll

Hi,

Gng by ur logic tat Suman or u ll not forgive Shravan for the 5 mins party insult (which i still dont agree is an insult but Shravan asking quests which Suman couldnt answer) neither s'd Shravan ve forgiven Suman for insulting his mom in school bef every1. Hello Shravan at least insulted only Suman whereas ur darling Suman actually insulted him & his entire family bef the entire school. If I am in Shravan's place i w'd not even look at an unworthy friend like this nor insult friendship by calling her a friend. But here he is actually helping her. All i can say is its fiction so the more dramatic the more the TRPs. In real life Shravan ll not even come near Suman & Suman w'd ve carried on with her life & daily struggles finally marrying a guy & whining over how her husband doesnt love her πŸ˜†

As i said i all boils down to personal taste & preferences. For many like u the friendship shown here is endearing. For few like me, my sis & my friends wat is being shown is an unhealthy 1 sided obsession where there is no care or affection frm the gal. And its a fact tat its off-putting for neutral viewers many of whom ve stopped watching the show religiously coz they r not seeing any growth in the character arc of the heroine. So all i can say is Lets agree to disagree πŸ˜ƒ

I am gng 2 try & stop posting bt the FL anymore coz the discussions dont go anywhere πŸ˜† Lets c how long i stick 2 my resolution. Mayb until the next time Suman starts screaming & screeching like a Banshee bt her mom. You can imagine how much the CVs ve ruined the character when i tell u that my 70 yr mom, 38 yr old hubby & 6.5 yr old kid were all like y is this female screaming non-stop like tis. There is grime, wipe it & move on... A scene which the CVs wanted 2 use as a symbolism that her mom's name is now sullied & tarnished & Suman is trying to wipe away that Kalank got reduced into an OTT shouting contest, DUH! Instead if the CVs had merely shown Suman walk to the board, wipe the dust off with her dupatta & whisper softly "Mom i will not let any1 tarnish ur name. I will fight till the end even if no1 is there to support me, till my last breath" Now that w'd ve been a poignant scene which w'd left all the viewers with a lump in their throat.

Instead they show this female again screaming at every1, haath thod doongi, pair thod doongi & reduced the entire scene into a tamasha making the viewers roll their eyes & do a facepalm.

Thumbs down to the CVs who initially showed emotions in a subtle manner

PEACE!