Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Bridging distances (Page 6)

WinniethePooh. Senior Member
WinniethePooh.
WinniethePooh.

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 6:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indranigupta

Sammy, I love youHug
I am glad you thought there should have been a tharaav at some point, particularly in the case of Shravan. We know or have been made aware lately of Sumo's facade (her bullishness), her angst, her loneliness (barring of course, why her parents borrowed so much amount of money).
But, I would want an interlude amongst the scenes  where Shravan the lawyer, the man, the friend, the companion could also reveal what he had gone through these ten years and his feelings subsequently after the reunion scene. There have been instances particularly, in his interaction with Pushkar but very few and far.
As much as for yesterday's episode, i would take it as an aberration. Shravan is not only Suman's friend but also, loves her to the very core so he helped her without taking cognizance of the whole picture. Her tears somehow led him to commit a mistake.. so far.. acceptable. But, we do know Shravan has a back history. A history which not only deals with love, hate, separation, pride but also, of morals, ethics and taking the right decision at the right time. On account of trying to win the house, he let the memories to be tarnished, an identity of his own friend, companion to be trampled. He really did not think about Sumo's mother at all. That was jarring. Had Sumo not spoken of it, he wouldnt have realized what had he done.
He erased a dead person's image in the eyes of the living. This is so unlike Shravan. He is not perfect, liable to commit mistakes (we saw that in the party and when he refused Sumo to take up her case). But, he eventually realizes the folly of his actions (almost immediately and without someone's prodding)
Yesterday, during that park scene he was literally in a very happy frame of mind, he had never given thought to the repercussions of his actions, had it not been for Sumo. That is unlike Shravan.
But, what I felt more jarring and in far bad taste was that he did not value his own professional ethics or his own ability to win the case. How was he in any way different from Khosla who was also using various tactics like bribing the family members to win the case and house at any cost? This is way too damning of Shravan as a top-shot lawyer, read and educated in the best of college at London. 
I know where his actions stemmed from... from his love for Sumo but I did not like the direction, the execution of those scenes.
Sumo was correct to say that her dead mother's image and reputation has become forever tarnished. But, then again in the park scene my observation was that Sumo downplayed her emotions to such an extent that her sorrow and pain seem to be lost. What came out was a mechanical reaction (probably that was it was supposed to be.. I however, didnt like it)
Secondly, She never spoke nor thought about the fact that he did pay 6 crores to save her house. It wasnt the best decision neither a correct one... but still a choice was made. She never questioned why. That was way too jarring.

THESE BITS. WORD. The only problem I am having with the show so far. I love this show & the track, but they need to slow down and give time to the characters to reflect. Also, they really need to make shravan behave like a lawyer. This is one aspect where the show has really faltered.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

indranigupta

dv19 IF-Sizzlerz
dv19
dv19

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Bful write up
SahSah IF-Sizzlerz
SahSah
SahSah

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 7:40am | IP Logged
How amazing was yesterday's epi ..
they talked like two people who are having a issue in real scene ... never have I seen this on indian tv 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Ek Duje Ke Vaaste Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index