Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Bridging distances (Page 5)

MrsOmkaraOberoi IF-Rockerz
MrsOmkaraOberoi
MrsOmkaraOberoi

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
Sammy why you always bomb AF? LOL
Love ya posts!!! Heart Nothing additional of any substance to add here, so just gonna cheer for from the stands LOLHug

-Kriti Heart

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FangirlForeverBinKuchKahe.

Starwalker. IF-Rockerz
Starwalker.
Starwalker.

BollyCurry Editor

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
You're bang on.

In fact I've always felt that EDKV is one of the few shows which has stayed close to reality with a real plot, real characters. The most amazing thing so far has been ShraMan's baby steps, their transformation. And no I don't think this track is boring. I guess this is the strong start of a journey.

Thanks for writing this. :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BinKuchKahe.

maankigeet4ever IF-Rockerz
maankigeet4ever
maankigeet4ever

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
This happens to be one of my favourite posts of the day because:
one...the title is so freaking apt and on point !
and second..I love how you spoke of their relationship development ! Perfect perfect ! Shraman have traveled miles in their emotional understanding of each other in just a few days /(weeks). And while the changes have been subtle over time, today's scene did a great job of showing the viewers just how far Shraman have come. It was probably expected by most that Sumo would either go screaming at Shravan or give him a cold shoulder and refuse to speak to him. No..she doesn't do either. She tries to understand his perspective, his reasons and respects them to a certain extent. And in return, she explains why she is disappointed with him. And they didn't fight and throw insults at each other. And if isn't progression then what is. Love doesn't happen overnight..love needs to happen over a lifetime..over and over again with the same person. And love lasts when you understand, trust and respect your life partner. 
This track is going beautifully and I for one am really enjoying it.

- Reya <3

shalz_123BinKuchKahe.

indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
Sammy, I love youHug
I am glad you thought there should have been a tharaav at some point, particularly in the case of Shravan. We know or have been made aware lately of Sumo's facade (her bullishness), her angst, her loneliness (barring of course, why her parents borrowed so much amount of money).
But, I would want an interlude amongst the scenes  where Shravan the lawyer, the man, the friend, the companion could also reveal what he had gone through these ten years and his feelings subsequently after the reunion scene. There have been instances particularly, in his interaction with Pushkar but very few and far.
As much as for yesterday's episode, i would take it as an aberration. Shravan is not only Suman's friend but also, loves her to the very core so he helped her without taking cognizance of the whole picture. Her tears somehow led him to commit a mistake.. so far.. acceptable. But, we do know Shravan has a back history. A history which not only deals with love, hate, separation, pride but also, of morals, ethics and taking the right decision at the right time. On account of trying to win the house, he let the memories to be tarnished, an identity of his own friend, companion to be trampled. He really did not think about Sumo's mother at all. That was jarring. Had Sumo not spoken of it, he wouldnt have realized what had he done.
He erased a dead person's image in the eyes of the living. This is so unlike Shravan. He is not perfect, liable to commit mistakes (we saw that in the party and when he refused Sumo to take up her case). But, he eventually realizes the folly of his actions (almost immediately and without someone's prodding)
Yesterday, during that park scene he was literally in a very happy frame of mind, he had never given thought to the repercussions of his actions, had it not been for Sumo. That is unlike Shravan.
But, what I felt more jarring and in far bad taste was that he did not value his own professional ethics or his own ability to win the case. How was he in any way different from Khosla who was also using various tactics like bribing the family members to win the case and house at any cost? This is way too damning of Shravan as a top-shot lawyer, read and educated in the best of college at London. 
I know where his actions stemmed from... from his love for Sumo but I did not like the direction, the execution of those scenes.
Sumo was correct to say that her dead mother's image and reputation has become forever tarnished. But, then again in the park scene my observation was that Sumo downplayed her emotions to such an extent that her sorrow and pain seem to be lost. What came out was a mechanical reaction (probably that was it was supposed to be.. I however, didnt like it)
Secondly, She never spoke nor thought about the fact that he did pay 6 crores to save her house. It wasnt the best decision neither a correct one... but still a choice was made. She never questioned why. That was way too jarring.
Mami's speaking of 25 lacs each for Sumo's wedding was realistic but way too mean. As if she is giving the last shreds of food left for Sumo to eat and be grateful.  But, it did reveal a lot about Mami's character.
i felt Namik and Khosla (the actor) did a swell job yesterday... but poor direction and execution let them down.
And again, I have no problems with the pace or with this track (I love this track.. but somehow the meaning in yesterday's episode as you narrated it Sammy, never reached meWink
Hope in today's episode we arrive at the same destinationHug

Edited by indranigupta - 18 April 2016 at 9:41pm

JJKKLBinKuchKahe.

JJKKL IF-Dazzler
JJKKL
JJKKL

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
 I was fine with the episode.  I expected first happiness on Sumo's face about saving the house but that never came.

Maybe they should have made Sumo make some statement like - if Mama and Chachi sold the house it just means they wanted the money and sold it. But if we settled the case with 6 Crores it proves that Priya Tiwari did pledge the house papers.

But anyway - apart from this - the last scene was beautifully taken.

Both are impulsive. I felt sorry for Shravan. He was beaming with happiness internally having saved the house. He was sure Sumo still did not know about it and she will erupt with joy once she knows it. And then when he knew that she knew and that the plan backfired - he looked so crestfallen.

BinKuchKahe.

Rummykub Senior Member
Rummykub
Rummykub

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
It was a lovely episode. And your post did justice to it. Thank you.
I echo your thoughts here...I am loving this slow and steady journey of Shraman understanding each other and realizing that they are meant to be by each ther sides through it all.
Life isn't perfect and they are going to come across lots of hurdles that are only going to make them stronger and come closer.we all know Sherman is the endgame ...I am more interested in their journey...savouring every moment of pain ...realization...love ...acceptance ...and everything else. I am in no hurry!! I don't want a sweet love story of a boy n girl over trips n falls n catches n dupattas flying into faces etc...although they have their charm n I love them too...but edkv isnt it and I love it for that reason.
I loved shravan for what he did...he is in love and we all know what that does to you...but he realized his mistake n that's what counts.
I loved suman for the way she tried to  understand shravan...no screaming n name calling and long bhaashans...like she said ..she knows his intentions weren't bad ...and she is thankful ...but look where that put her n her pride?
I have no problems with the track ...it's actually helping us understand Sherman n their growing dynamics better...like you said you cant have every episode filled with hot Shraman ...cool shravan  ...sweet suman n nothing else...that's not how good stories re made right? It takes a lot more than that to make a wholesome love story.

BinKuchKahe.

Carpe_diem IF-Dazzler
Carpe_diem
Carpe_diem

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Well saidClap..I loved the last shot too. Shravan gazing back and suman leaving was a beautiful shot. The song get me every time!
I think the greatest positive of this track is that both of them are right in their own way and it's difficult to take sides. I love that!
Love the variations and shades of both of them. Neither of them is perfect. But they are beautifully imperfect

Onie...BinKuchKahe.

munnihyderabad Cool Viewbie
munnihyderabad
munnihyderabad

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Beautiful writing Sam, as always Star
I loved their entire conversation os Suman and Shravan ... previously they always made assumptions and just reacted and did things which they thought were right.. case in point when shravan came to warn suman about verma, in her anger she refused to listen and just told him off and pushed him away ... but, now they are more understanding and more closer and communicating without passing any judgments . Ever since the visit to Sumo's house the status quo has changed for both.  the entire scene was beautifully done...be it screenplay or background music or location... 

For Shravan, the top most priority is to resolve the case and win it , as he promised Sumo and not to hurt her... with one aim in mind, he went for out of court settlement...there by saving Sumo's house and winning it for her, but at the cost of hurting her .

For Suman, the top priority is to clear her mom's name and save this house... though Shravan did one part of it right, the part he failed , where in he hurt her. Suman isn't happy, so isn't Shravan .. ..Nikita's restraint performance, without a single tear, but a very anguished and painful voice modulation was brilliant.

Many times in the past we have seen them walk away from each other..caring not to listen to what other one has to say ..and  they would just stand there and look, but today it was totally different and beautiful and poignant , he holds her hand to stop her, ..(the bg music here is very beautiful) apologizes earnestly and clarifies his intentions, with a hope that she would understand him... but her one line "In such situations intentions don't matter, but judgement does".. and the way he left her hand ...that moment though subtle was very poignant... it represented, I lost her .. i failed her ..whatever my intentions are ...him gazing her on her path was so well shot, kudos to the screenplay writers !! 

again that line is about intentions and judgement is subjective.. right and wrong.. perceptions come into picture. as right or not are always subjective  I personally believe intentions matter more than result...but here, Sumo is also right and she made a valid point with that statement, as the decision shravan took, sealed her mom's as "wrong" ..  which is again Suman's perspective 

They both are right in their way, in fact all characters are justified including maami.. which is again great writing . No one is wrong.. it's all about intentions and perceptions.

As you said, both were hurt for each other and didn't hurt each other like Shravan's behavior in the party or suman pushing him away ..The path of love is incomplete without misunderstandings, despairs, fights, tears and anguish. Love is not a destination but a journey and this scene was just part of their journey 

some other things...  Father Son bit was very nice, discussing professional stuff... Shravan has no way out and his dad gave a way clue and Shravan grabbed it .. it was symbolic...in the last bit, where Ramnath hits the ball to the wall and Shravan takes the catch .. his dad gave clue rather showed the way, he snatched it!! I liked it on many levels.. good direction with the ball !!

In the scene with Khosla,.. Shravan literally played chess, a mind game with khosla.. for who refused to take the check, but later grabbed it with both hands ...here Shravan.. was very professional.. credit to Namik, for a very professional voice modulation, attitude, confidence and body language .well done !!

regarding the track, i feel it's very well blended into the story very ..professionally for Shravan as a lawyer...for Suman reminiscing about her parents, very emotional ..for family members it's about house which is again very possessed thing for any family and most importantly it removed all walls between Suman and Shravan and got them closer.. they are more open to sharing their fears or concerns or showing support to each other  !! 

indraniguptaBinKuchKahe.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Ek Duje Ke Vaaste Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index