India-Forums

Siya Ke Ram
Siya Ke Ram

Men are emotionally weaker ram (Page 2)

jayvenk IF-Rockerz
jayvenk
jayvenk

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
The role models these days are for most youngsters are film stars . 
I am generalizing. But that is sad

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vipraja26shruthiravi

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:02am | IP Logged
@jayashree I am not against having film stars or film personalities or sports persons as role models. But are they choosing the right ones.
For e.g I greatly admire Sathyan Anthikad and Ranjith. The type of movies they make. Sathyan Anthikad touches the ground level issues in a beautiful way. And Ranjith brings out the social issues. Srinivasan depicts the hypocritic society in the most satirical manner. Ranjith's Spirit, Indian Rupee were beautiful movies, so where Srinivasan's Vadakku nokki yantram and Chinthavishthya Shyamala. There are many, but just taking few.

I love Ashutosh Gowrikaar's works, Mani Ratnam's work. Lagaan, Swades, Jodha Akbar and even the TV series Everest has something positive about it, inspiring about it.
And Mani Ratnam Nayagan, Roja and Bombay leave you with pertinent questions. I can never get over the dialogue Roja tells " I want my husband" in the movie Roja or the dialogue Banu tells " I want my kids" in Bombay. The desperation of a wife in Roja and the desperation of a mother in Bombay which cuts above all ideologies was beautifully portrayed by Mani Ratnam. They enriches you.

But do we make meaning ful art that influences people in a positive way today. In Malayalam new gen movies means alcholhol, drugs, live in, pre marital and extra marital relations. Rarely a Traffic or a Spirit or a Drishyam comes. You have to wait ages for a feel good movie like Banglore Days.

Tamil I guess is better off and Hindi yes there are interesting concepts coming up. And TV the mass medium do we even need to talk what it teaches, where we people struggle to watch something meaningful.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ankita.11vipraja26xPalkix

jayvenk IF-Rockerz
jayvenk
jayvenk

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:32am | IP Logged
Not talking about the movies they make. The person . 
Most of us know what the industry. At least Bollywood. 
Shallow as can be. 
They are worshipped imitated quoted. 
Don't want to say anything more. Don't want a warning lolz.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shruthiravi

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Yaa Jayashree I got your point. I cant help but put this thing. More girls have Aishwarya Rai Bachan as their role model than Rani Lakshmi Bai or a Saina Nehwal. More girls admire the looks of Sania Mirza not her prowess on the tennis court and her struggle to become a top player in women's doubles.

jayvenk

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:05am | IP Logged
nice discussion.

shruthiravi

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jayvenk

Wise. Men are rare
Wise men who understand women even more rare
satya vachan.

shruthiravi

xPalkix IF-Sizzlerz
xPalkix
xPalkix

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 6:44am | IP Logged

Like Shruti said, I don't think there is anything wrong with admiring film stars or counting them as your role models. It makes sense why most people do because they're exposed to that more and people generally have a tendency to aspire to be like someone successful whom they connect with. 

But people should realise there is a difference in admiring someone and idolising them. For example, I admire people like Priyanka Chopra Zayn Malik for their talent and that's my preference but, I don't agree with everything they do. The key thing is not to turn a blind eye on someone just because they're your favourites. Celebrities have power to influence people and some or most do not always use this in the best way but we also have control and choice to not follow every thing they say or do. 

Sad thing is when people start supporting their fav stars even if the star has committed a crime or has done something wrong. Recent example being the Salman Khan case hit and run case (sorry Salman fans), many people including my cousin was supporting him just because he's Salman Khan, he can do no wrong -_- Even other celebrities were supporting him except for few like Alia Bhatt who most joke about for being "ditsy and dumb", but she was one of the few who acknowledged Salman was no saint. 

Choose your role models wisely LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vipraja26jayvenkshruthiravi

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Siya Ke Ram Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index