India-Forums

Thapki...Pyaar Ki
Thapki...Pyaar Ki

Dhruv bashing

cereal-lover Newbie
cereal-lover
cereal-lover

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:43am | IP Logged
I have been watching Thapki since the show started last year and like those who watched it from the start, we were under the illusion that Dhruv was the main male protagonist even when Bihaan turned up. I liked Dhruv's calm nature, his non-confrontational attitude, his lack of an egotistical manner because he was very unlike the tv heroes we are used to, e.g. Arnav Singh Raizada (IPK), RK (Madhubala), etc. Dhruv was very sweet and caring to both Thapki and her family; this can be seen when he bought them all rings for instance and was very understanding about their financial situation. 
Anyway, after Bihaan married Thapki, he became the key male figure and Dhruv became a background character in the show. It is not his fault that the writers have not developed his character. I think it's easy for us to say 'why doesn't he move on?' but in actuality it's hard for someone to get over their ideal life partner and the fact that she is in the same house, married to his brother and they share a room - when that should have been him instead!

For him Shraddha was an excuse to provoke a reaction from Thapki but then he became passive and let the wedding go ahead. In my opinion the original Dhruv's character would not have let someone else#s life be ruined but I feel this was a shortcoming from the writers. This proves, time and time again, writers butcher good characters and it's not the actor's fault.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

tharuvluvrMalu710leonjayharneet.kahlonNijhum19avyarimaKaraaliKowsiGet-Lost

Malu710 Groupbie
Malu710
Malu710

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:48am | IP Logged
hey! welcome to the forum! it's true that it's not ankit Bathla's fault. It's just that the actor keeps on giving the same expression as Dhruv Pandey and we're tired of it. Ofcourse, the cvs are to be blamed here. and the whole team as well. They could definitely urge the actor to give out better expressions. But i think his role will be prominent sooner or later in the show because he's the cog in the wheel that changed the whole track.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cereal-loverleonjayharneet.kahlon

Karaali IF-Rockerz
Karaali
Karaali

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:49am | IP Logged
I agree with you. I have been watching the show from day 1 too and I liked original  Dhruv too. 
The character went down the drain after the bihaan-thapki marriage. He became passive - never stepped up for Thapki, never offered to fight for her, did not even think of standing up of Bihaan/his family. He would have never married Shraddha just to get a reaction out of Thapki. That Dhruv would have asked her directly if she was giving a chance to her marriage.

However, it is too late now - The watcher are overwhelmingly Bihaan supporters so CVs are not interested in Dhurv much. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cereal-loverleonjayharneet.kahlonrtms

nikitap94 Senior Member
nikitap94
nikitap94

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 8:23am | IP Logged
I nvr liked Dhruv nt cz of his character development bt cz his straight face expressions n mahaa pakaav acting.
They hv turned bihaans character into a negative angry moron currently bt still I feel Manish is doing full justice to watever his character develops into

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Manyasha16harneet.kahlon

Get-Lost IF-Sizzlerz
Get-Lost
Get-Lost

Jedi of CC

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 9:09am | IP Logged
I have to agree with you. As a neutral viewer, who watched Thapki Pyaar Ki since the beginning though not regularly, I can understand what you are saying. Dhruv's character was ruined the day he didn't stand up for Thapki when the dhoka marriage happened.
The fact is, Dhruv-Thapki were never the original plan of writers. So, despite a tight script and the possibility of Bihaan not being liked by the audience, they went on with Bihaan-Thapki.

About the actor, honestly, he is mostly blamed for being not so professional with his apparent off-screen relationship with our female lead. But people don't spare our female lead too. See, it was always tit for tat, there was a time when Bihaan/Manish for was being bashed..then the tides turned. 

The thing is I still believe Dhruv's character is yet to be utilized properly. But can we trust these CVs? I am not sure.

Nice post..btw.Smile
Kowsi IF-Rockerz
Kowsi
Kowsi

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Nice post!! Actually I was first a Tha---ruv fan and liked Dhruv but the more I saw him on screen afterthe marriage the more I got irritated and it became worse with the marriage 
As he said that he would try to move on I was expecting him to try but he didn't and it annoyedme so much and also the actor's attitude and non-professionalism irked me so much that's why I act like there is no dhruv character if I can!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top