Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani

India-Forums

Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani
Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani

Leap & Siddharth & Drashti Exit ETR2 -ALL DISCUSSIONS HERE (Page 16)

mahi246 IF-Rockerz
mahi246
mahi246

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 4:09am | IP Logged

Telly Tadka : https://t.co/jMptQEceRT

While it is true that both Drashti Dhami and Siddhant Karnick will no longer be a part of Zee TV show, Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani post leap, the former quit and the latter was eased out. Creative producer Nilanjana Purkayastha, says, "Drashti opted out for not wanting to age on screen. Co- star Siddhant was no longer needed in the post leap as we wanted Drashti to be a single mother."

On the reason's for Siddhants exit , Nilanjana who also created the concept says." He was asked to go not due to any problem's with his acting. It was just the demand of the story. He was doing a good job." Siddhant has done other shows such Remix and Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani etc. His last small screen appearance was in Life Ok's Gustakh Dill.

Nilanjana also had no problem's with Drashti s decision to quit , "She needs to be comfortable with what she is doing." and also called her a professional actor. Drashti had attained fame with Geet, Madhubala and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (winner in season 6)

Asked if the show will survive post leap sans Drashti , Nilanjana quipped, " No can predict whether a shows runs or not with or without a star.

Siddhant on his part refused to comment.

Edited by mahi246 - 26 April 2016 at 4:15am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

faria86

sishtyfan Goldie
sishtyfan
sishtyfan

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 4:47am | IP Logged
nilanjana - a fool really !!
she will regret her decision soon!!
mahi246 IF-Rockerz
mahi246
mahi246

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 7:46am | IP Logged

BollywoodLife.com : https://t.co/yMQjxLGcJw

Siddhant Karnick: Drashti Dhami has been my best co-star ever!

Siddhant Karnick, the lead actor of Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani EXCLUSIVELY spoke to BollywoodLife about leaving the show, his memories and why Drashti Dhami is a special co-star!

The actor wraps up his shoot for Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani in a few days

Nine months after Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani was launched, the lead pair Drashti Dhami andSiddhant Karnick is bowing out of the show. The period drama is going for a leap and the actors are not too comfortable playing the role of parents. Actor Siddhant Karnick who has earned a lot of recognition as Ranaji told BollywoodLife, "I have mixed emotions now that my tenure on the show is coming towards an end. It is a bitter-sweet feeling. I had a good experience on the show and want these last few days to be even better." The handsome actor also said that he would miss his co-actors and cast a lot. Talking about his refusal to play a father on the show, he opines, "Dude...I am still young. In real life, I am unmarried but I got hitched thrice on the show. Playing a dad now is not my cup of tea."

The chemistry between the lead couple has been appreciated immensely and fans don't want them to quit. Drashti also seems to have found a fan in Siddhant. The actor says, "She is brilliant, talented, mad, fun and a prankster. Drashti is a lovely person to be around. I will miss our time together. She is the best co-star I ever had." He also praises her saying that she taught him a lot about the nuances of acting on a TV show.

Siddhant also gives an insight into their camaraderie. "If I was sleepy or lethargic on the sets, she would come from behind give me a whack on my back and tell me to get up. She's like a buddy," he says. He also feels that fans won't let him forget Ranaji's character for a long time. And it is a good feeling, he says. For girls, who were wondering if Siddhant would trim off that beard, there's good news. "I am keeping it for now. It might grow wilder and bushier but it'll be there," he signs off.

Edited by mahi246 - 26 April 2016 at 7:49am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MF13kuhelidebbarmaananya2010-Ariaana-RM14

mahi246 IF-Rockerz
mahi246
mahi246

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mahi246

BollywoodLife.com : https://t.co/yMQjxLGcJw

Siddhant Karnick: Drashti Dhami has been my best co-star ever!

Siddhant Karnick, the lead actor of Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani EXCLUSIVELY spoke to BollywoodLife about leaving the show, his memories and why Drashti Dhami is a special co-star!

The actor wraps up his shoot for Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani in a few days

Nine months after Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani was launched, the lead pair Drashti Dhami andSiddhant Karnick is bowing out of the show. The period drama is going for a leap and the actors are not too comfortable playing the role of parents. Actor Siddhant Karnick who has earned a lot of recognition as Ranaji told BollywoodLife, "I have mixed emotions now that my tenure on the show is coming towards an end. It is a bitter-sweet feeling. I had a good experience on the show and want these last few days to be even better." The handsome actor also said that he would miss his co-actors and cast a lot. Talking about his refusal to play a father on the show, he opines, "Dude...I am still young. In real life, I am unmarried but I got hitched thrice on the show. Playing a dad now is not my cup of tea."

The chemistry between the lead couple has been appreciated immensely and fans don't want them to quit. Drashti also seems to have found a fan in Siddhant. The actor says, "She is brilliant, talented, mad, fun and a prankster. Drashti is a lovely person to be around. I will miss our time together. She is the best co-star I ever had." He also praises her saying that she taught him a lot about the nuances of acting on a TV show.

Siddhant also gives an insight into their camaraderie. "If I was sleepy or lethargic on the sets, she would come from behind give me a whack on my back and tell me to get up. She's like a buddy," he says. He also feels that fans won't let him forget Ranaji's character for a long time. And it is a good feeling, he says. For girls, who were wondering if Siddhant would trim off that beard, there's good news. "I am keeping it for now. It might grow wilder and bushier but it'll be there," he signs off.

Bold Blue: BECHARA, ab to usse real life mai shaadi se Allergy ho gaya hai! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Edited by mahi246 - 26 April 2016 at 7:58am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kuhelidebbarma-Ariaana-

sishtyfan Goldie
sishtyfan
sishtyfan

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:18am | IP Logged
mahi sab us gadhi nilu ki wajah se !! mujhe mil jaye wo bas!maar dalungi usey!!
pippa IF-Rockerz
pippa
pippa

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 12:05am | IP Logged
I'm only glad the two are out of this super crap show. They were never given their due...inspite of which they came up trumps thanks to their acting talents.

Both deserve far better.

kuhelidebbarmaananya2010

mahi246 IF-Rockerz
mahi246
mahi246

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 2:49am | IP Logged

mid-day : https://t.co/fUCldgEGMh

Drashti Dhami reveals why she quit 'Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani'

It's common for stars to walk out of popular daily soaps because the show is taking a leap in time. A long time ago Amar Upadhyay quit 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' because he did not wish to age on screen. Years later, Giaa Manek quit 'Saath Nibhaana Saathiya' for similar reasons and more and now her successor Devoleena Bhattacharjee is facing the same issue now that she is being asked to play a grandmother.

The latest addition to the list of such actors is Drashti Dhami who has quit 'Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani' because she was not ready to play a mother on screen. There were rumours that the real reason the production house and the channel decided to do away with the popular telly actress was because she demanded a month off to go on a vacation with her family.

We caught up with Drashti to clarify the rumours and she said that the decision was mutual. "I was not ready to play mother on screen. Hence the production house and I amicably decided to end the character." Prod her on the rumours that the makers were forced to end her character because she demanded a month-long holiday and she says, "That is not true at all. I have been working in this industry for so long. I know it's not possible to give a lead actor one month off. How will they run the show then? It's not true."

Didn't she have the same clause (that she wouldn't play mother on screen) in her contract for 'Geet Huyi Sabse Parayi' and 'Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon'? "Well, I don't think it's time for me to play a mother yet. I am not mentally prepared for it and I think I have time before I take up such roles." Talking of her holiday plans she says, "The dates are not fixed as yet because I am still shooting for the show. But we are planning a trip to Europe, let's see how it turns out."

While most TV stars line up to get a Bollywood break, Drashti has no inclination to join the bandwagon. "I have made it very clear that I am not interested in doing films. I like doing television and I am happy here," she explains.

Siddhant Karnick, who essays the role of Ranaji, has resigned from the show as well. He claims that there was no story ahead for them to continue. "Yes, I am also exiting the show because there is no story ahead. The show was 'Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani', so they have to eventually die," says Karnick.

But wouldn't the production house have altered the script to accommodate him if he wished to continue? "Even after marrying me four times, it did not affect the TRP, so obviously by retaining me they were not going to get anywhere. I guess that's why they chose to go with a whole new story. Anyway, I feel it's best to leave on a high note rather to go when nothing is working in your favour," concludes the actor.

Edited by mahi246 - 28 April 2016 at 2:58am

beautiful.RM14

sishtyfan Goldie
sishtyfan
sishtyfan

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 4:44am | IP Logged
nilu ghadi ko story likhni aati hi nahi hai ...g ko sirf vamp ke saath ladaati thi aur rana ki sirf shaadiyan karti thi ...to trp janta kya khaak trp deti is show ko!! abhi kuch bigda nahi tha ,rana ka passion g ke liye ,uska love ,aur baqi raaz ...sab kuch dikha sakti thi !!
hum fans to yanhi se ideas de rahe they !! par hamari bhi nahi suni!!
ye zarur pachtayegi!!! ache bhale show ko disaster bana diya isney to!! Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RM14

Go to top