Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Just heard on SBB that both DD and SK where asked to leave and that it was a decision by the channel and the PH!!

It came in the Rocking and Shocking segment. Can't believe it.

PS: They used the word 'Samjautha" that took place between the channel and the ph.😕
Edited by pippa - 8 years ago
LovelyDiva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: pippa

Just heard on SBB that both DD and SK where asked to leave and that it was a decision by the channel and the PH!!

It came in the Rocking and Shocking segment. Can't believe it.

PS: They used the word 'Samjautha" that took place between the channel and the ph.😕

When did segment air please tell
pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: LovelyDiva

When did segment air please tell

Today's segment of It's Rocking and Shocking ...and it was in the Shocking part...on SBB.
LovelyDiva thumbnail
Originally posted by: pippa

Today's segment of It's Rocking and Shocking ...and it was in the Shocking part...on SBB.

That's false because yesterday dd and SK clearly told they offered to play mom and dad role but they denied even sbs hot news said dd ko mana liya gaya hai raga ki beti ke role ke liye
tvmylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Ek Tha Raja EK Thi Rani: Drashti Dhami decides to quit

Sutapasima thumbnail

TOI:Drashti, Siddhant out of show

Saloni Bhatia | TNN | Apr 26, 2016

The tracks of Drashti Dhami and Siddhant Karnick will be ending in 'Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani'. Siddhanth says, "It's a bittersweet feeling. We got to know around two weeks back that our track will be ending. It was nice of them to let us know in advance. In the industry, many a time, you just read the script and get to know that your character is ending. They were quite professional. We had a feeling of closure."

Siddhant's co-star from the show, Drashti, had apprehensions about ageing on the show, which is why she decided to quit. Did Siddhant have similar reservations? "It's good to leave on a high. Let's not speculate on what could have been. I am happy that it will be ending on this note. In TV, it's either like, agar nahi chal raha, toh nikaal do, aur agar chal raha hai, toh chalate raho."

There were also reports saying that Sidhant and Drashti were dumped by the makers owing to low ratings of the daily soap. "Being dumped is the terminology used by certain tabloids to sensationalise headlines. It wasn't so. The show is bigger than any character. If the makers feel that the show needs something new, it's perfectly fine. There were some rumours in January that the show is going off air. Obviously, the show needs a drastic change. It's a popular show and they might just play a gamble with this," he says.

Siddhant says that he will be now packing his bags and heading out of Mumbai on his motorcycle for 15 days. After finishing his trip, he will start work on a theatre production. "I don't know where I am going to go. The last time I rode off while I was a part of Gustakh Dil, I had reached within 300kms of Kanyakumari and I got a call asking me to return for the shoot. I going to do some like that. I am also working on a play that will touch upon me riding a motorcycle across 10 countries. We have an international group that will be funding it. I will also be learning kalaripayattu for the play. It's going to take a good one year to develop," he signs off.

Meanwhile, Chetan Hansraj will be entering the show as an assassin to kill Siddhant's character. Chetan will be playing a tribal in the show. Chetan is currently shooting for 'Nagarjun' where he is playing a snake. "I am playing a positive character in 'Nagarjun' and a negative character in 'Ek Tha Raja...' It's interesting to juggle two contrasting characters," he told us.
LovelyDiva thumbnail
http://www.spamdomain.net/drashti-quit-ett-siddhant-was-asked-to-go/
ananya2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: LovelyDiva

That's false because yesterday dd and SK clearly told they offered to play mom and dad role but they denied even sbs hot news said dd ko mana liya gaya hai raga ki beti ke role ke liye

These are all rumours.
mahi246 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Telly Tadka : https://t.co/jMptQEceRT

While it is true that both Drashti Dhami and Siddhant Karnick will no longer be a part of Zee TV show, Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani post leap, the former quit and the latter was eased out. Creative producer Nilanjana Purkayastha, says, "Drashti opted out for not wanting to age on screen. Co- star Siddhant was no longer needed in the post leap as we wanted Drashti to be a single mother."

On the reason's for Siddhants exit , Nilanjana who also created the concept says." He was asked to go not due to any problem's with his acting. It was just the demand of the story. He was doing a good job." Siddhant has done other shows such Remix and Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani etc. His last small screen appearance was in Life Ok's Gustakh Dill.

Nilanjana also had no problem's with Drashti s decision to quit , "She needs to be comfortable with what she is doing." and also called her a professional actor. Drashti had attained fame with Geet, Madhubala and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (winner in season 6)

Asked if the show will survive post leap sans Drashti , Nilanjana quipped, " No can predict whether a shows runs or not with or without a star.

Siddhant on his part refused to comment.

Edited by mahi246 - 8 years ago
sishtyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nilanjana - a fool really !!
she will regret her decision soon!!