JustMySelf
JustMySelf

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 2:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

Originally posted by JustMySelf

Originally posted by pallavi25

Originally posted by JustMySelf

amir salman dnt look at all 30s 40s..
bt still their script had some entertainment value...
pardon me i did nt watch prdp so can't say...
bt i notice is that even the worst film of amir or salman takes
huge opening bt even the best film of srk fails to even cross 200
with raees i hope to see the old srk back
see without being angry just ask urself one question why is he 3rd now?
times r changing...
u can't deny age has no role to play...
the ppl who were his fans r themselves in their 30s..
doing  jobs or even r married...
now if u loose ur old fans n at the same time ur nt making any new fans from new
gen then how will u get clear hits?
i am nt arguing foolishly..bt with logic...
hope  both u n @beautifulmess n others r following what age has gt to do with it...

SRK's HNY had the highest opening so far...please be sure of your facts first. LOL

SRK's Chennai Express had great opening and very high entertainment value, it was a blockbuster.

As for SRK's 3rd position, how does it matter since hes doing a pathbreaking double role like Fan which Aamir or Salman wont dare to do?

Who said SRK doesnt have new fans from young generation? What abt the fans on this forum, most of them are young and many of them are SRK fans. LOL
I dont know if you have ever watched youtube vdo polls but many young college girls and young men are major SRK fans, in India as well as worldwide. 

The age factor ur talking abt applies to Aamir and Sallu too...all 3 Khans are 50 now, and they need to reinvent themselves by doing meaningful roles instead of masala movies. 

And here are some stats for you:Big smile

http://www.indicine.com/boxoffice/india/highest-first-day/

Highest First Day Collections

MovieFirst / Opening Day CollectionsRelease Date
Happy New Year44.97 cr24 October 2014
Prem Ratan Dhan Payo40.35 cr12 November 2015
Dhoom 336.22 cr20 December 2013
Chennai Express33.12 cr9 August 2013

see this is what i am telling..
when his films flop u tell we dnt see bo numbers..
when he earns huge u give huge charts...
so u do mind the bo figures dnt u?
this is all i wanted to say...
flop huya tohh grapes r sour..
hit huya tohh congratulations
this is all i am saying..
oe who is unaffected just concerned with the body of work will nt cite
box office numbers...could i explain?
sorry do nt take it in a wrong way..

n @karan u too do nt take it in other way..
sorry if anyone of u felt offended...
there will be many posts that will mock srk next...
n each thread u all will jump defensively...
that is what am telling..neither srk needs to be mocked..
nor u guys need to jump defensively ..
as simple as this...if u love srks work dnt mention his bo figures..
if u want to point out bo figures then gracefully accept that fan did nt do well as simple
as this...

@Bold: Read what u wrote above in the first quote...that other 2 Khans have huge openings but SRK doesnt...thats why I had to give those small charts, not huge charts, just a little sample of SRK's still sustaining BO power.LOL
Why are you constantly changing gears? First you were cribbing abt SRK playing young roles, when that was proved wrong, you changed gears to BO...what is exactly your point? Confused

Fan didnt do well? Who told you that? The lies posted on this forum? LOL
Fan had highest 1st day of 2016 and highest 1st weekend of 2016. 
First of all u didnt even watch Fan...if you had and didnt like it then u could comment on what u didnt like in it.
 But this is completely absurd...saying Fan didnt do well when its done extremely well in first 3 days already. LOL
Why dont you just acknowledge that SRK is doing meaningful films now? Fan is exactly what you are asking for...

first chill yaar...
i agree i could nt phrase my sentence to convey  to u what i mean...
i did nt see fan yet as my best frnd is unwell...
once she is fine i will be going...
till then neither will i slam srk nor praise him ...
all i am telling u all that there will be many more mocking threads..
absurd celebrations...
do nt fall for them n start being defensive n stoop as low as them...
aab samjhi?
ya phir se samjhayun?
the forum will be flooding n i know u n chadni n gerua n coldplaying n ab yamyam
all of u will go like gadadhari bheem ...n am just telling u all ignore..
aab matha thanda kijiyen..
aur hugs lijiyen Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25

flipfl0p IF-Dazzler
flipfl0p
flipfl0p

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 2:55am | IP Logged
I hope, nobody is day dreaming here that any Khan would still be top at box office after a decade. But as long as they are getting movies written with them in mind, they are fine. But it would be better, if they refuse to act in younger roles themselves. 
Times are changing. Earlier, superstars have to accept second fiddle roles to younger generation (like Dilip Kumar). The ones who refused to compromise were laughted at (like Dev Anand). But now, Big B is still getting movies written around his character. Khans are no way from finishing. 

I may be in minority. I did like SRK's performance. But I did not feel, film was that good to generate WOM. 
Gaurav had no great reason to go behind Aryan Khanna in that depth. I don't understand the use of heavy VFX (and money spent on it), when Gaurav's face was such a turn off with his teeth. Sharukh pays so much attention to technology (I have heard, he is such a techno geek), but not good at script reading (May be, Amir spent his childhood listening to stories. Sharukh preferred to play with cars)LOL

Again another movie with a poor script, which depends on chasing scenes and Sharukh's superstardom to lift it. I don't think, any other Khan also  (if they were in it) could have saved this film. Sharukh must be tired of shouldering such films. He has done his part (good acting). He could not have done much to save this film. 
-RD- Moderator
-RD-
-RD-

Crazy Creatives Head

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 3:00am | IP Logged
When you have a career spanning decades you are bound to have high and low phases and I don't get as to why people cannot celebrate the Khans for what they are,all three have proven themselves a dozen times at the BO and atleast now people should respect them and their legacy rather than making them sound like some newbie who should prove a point every time their film comes.

Its sad to see when people with such illustrious careers dont get the respect they deserve.The sheer fact that SRK ,Aamir & Salman have survived brillaintly this long should be enough for their fans and opponents alike to give them that tiny bit of respect!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadMadame_89gatheringstormSri-R-iLoveZaynMalikBeautyful_Mess

guess.wh0 IF-Dazzler
guess.wh0
guess.wh0

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 3:02am | IP Logged
First of all, just because SRK is done doesn't mean the other two are next. There's literally 0 evidence to back up this assumption. If anything, the opposite is true. Srk's films have been underperforming since MNIK. Ra.one, JTHJ, Don-2, HNY, Dilwale, Fan. With the exception of CE, all of his films have underperformed. Almost all of them aren't even universally accepted Hits especially MNIK, Ra.one and Dilwale. In the same time span Aamir and Salman are both at their peaks breaking record after record. So your assumption makes no sense.

Secondly, have you seen the preparation Aamir has done for Dangal, and to a lesser extent Salman for Sultan. The body transformation? When has SRK ever gone through such gruelling preparation for a role? To even imply that he's the only one interested in doing good films and performance oriented roles is a joke.

The game has changed and the other 2 khans are on top of it. SRK has been left behind. Just accept it and move on.

PS Fan is a decent performance but it's not some epic performance by any means. Wait for Dangal sans the VFX.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sidzyDMG.Achillies.-iLoveZaynMalikOJ6.0Jupiters_Cock

Get-Lost IF-Sizzlerz
Get-Lost
Get-Lost

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 3:22am | IP Logged

Your topic seems delusional and too much focused on the point that if SRK goes down others will drown too. What makes you think like that? SRK films have been under-performing. The last impactful major hit that I remember was Om Shanti Om and yes Chennai Express. Forget Fan ( which can be excused for not having an item song), films like Happy New Year, Jab Tak hai Jaan...they didn't work as well.
If SRK has made an untouchable name for himself then others have too. All the three Khans should be appreciated and respected for whatever name and fame they have achieved. Declaring, that oh.. SRK is going down so others will go to shows that you don't trust your favourite..
gatheringstorm IF-Rockerz
gatheringstorm
gatheringstorm

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Isn't the fact that SRK is atm ranked 3rd with regards to box office accepted by SRK fans too? How has Fan in any way affected his box office standing when he still is No. 3, if anything Fan has only positively enhanced the perception of people with regards to his caliber as an actor. SRK himself seems to have made peace with the box office competition and numbers rat race which is evident in his future lineup of atypical non commercial films and his immense joy with regards to the critical acclaim he has received for Fan irrespective of Box Office.
Also why is the fact that there aren't any big movies around the corner or the international collections being taken into account before declaring Fan a flop. Let its entire box office run get over na

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Aamnakideewanipallavi25-DZ-

zara321 IF-Sizzlerz
zara321
zara321

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 4:27am | IP Logged
why do collections matter? srk has given one of the best performances of his career in fan! everyone is praising his portrayal as gaurav, so i think srk has gotten a lot out of Fan 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pieryrosepallavi25-DZ-

clairvoyance Goldie
clairvoyance
clairvoyance

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 5:15am | IP Logged
About this srk , fan topic  i wannna say that people become successful in movies not just by hard work.
what is hard work?
choosing right scripts
coming to sets on time, 
Performing scenes well.

But what is the use of hard work if the film is not loved by people.
So can we still say that hard work is important in films. Yes it is but not the determining factor

So what is the determining factor ? 
Its luck, destiny.

So srk, and other 90' s hero had that luck factor
this luck factor didnt work for rajesh khanna. His last role as a lead hero role was in 43 years/. Even bachchan acted as lead hero opposite manisha and shilpa shetty in lal badshah at the age of around 45-50 yrs but it failed. Their luck didnt favour.   amitabh does character lead roles like Piku, paa but that is not hero role. So Srk, salman, aamir ajay devgn akshay kumar are all lucky people..Have special blessings of almighty. But luck , good time is also cyclical, short lived. So lets see how long their destiny helps them play lead hero roles.  In nutshell i just want to say that without God's blessings its impossible.  So credit goes to God not to these actors who enjoy so much love and affection as lead actors even at this age. 

Edited by clairvoyance - 18 April 2016 at 5:16am

Go to top