India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

SRK's finished. (Page 11)

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 6:24am | IP Logged
One of the most amusing parts of this whole debate is the fans of SK and AK bragging about Shahrukh being finished. It wasn't so long ago where similar things were being said about their favorites so keep at it , folks :) Keep underestimating him and he'll keep bouncing back. That's what Shahrukh has always done. It ain't the first time something like this has been stated by you guys and it won't be the last.

Now coming to his so called "bad phase" that I keep seeing some here referring to. Let's just look a little closely at the so called low phase. He has had a Ra.One , Don 2 , JTHJ , CE , HNY and Dilwale in that "bad phase", each movie there has done enough business to be claimed as at least a hit if not a superhit! Some have even broken BO records. Some are blockbusters! So boy if this is a "bad phase" where he's still giving hits , superhits and blockbusters then one can only imagine what his "good phase" will be like! Wink

Now coming to FAN. Of course as one myself , I'll love it if it makes a decent profit at the BO but even if it doesn't , even if it's a disaster, you can't take away the fact that he has given a phenomenal performance in it. You can't take away all the praise he's getting and hopefully will continue to get in the upcoming months as well. You can't take away the fact that the fans who were growing tired of him doing masala movies are back to praising him :) So brag all you want about it's so called failure , to plenty who have loved the movie , it's more a success than some of his blockbusters even as it's a movie that will be remembered for years. It's a performance that will go down in history as being not only one his best but as being one of the best in general.

Have seen a few cite examples of other actors playing younger characters as well. Of course they have! Who's denying that. Hell , Shahrukh has too played a younger character in JTHJ. He is also someone who wasn't afraid to play a older character in Veer Zaara. So no , it ain't the first time he has delved into that zone. The difference here is how complex Gaurav is , how many layers he has brought to that character , how beautifully he has portrayed that you don't even for a second feel it's Shahrukh on screen. You almost think it's another actor who has portrayed that role! The praise he is getting shows that!

Anywho...so like I said keep bragging about him being over and he'll keep bouncing back , whether then it be with a stellar performance like FAN or a movie that is a huge success at the BO. This forum would be too bland without such topics. This is after all what keeps it fun...right! Wink

P.S BM , not that I need to tell you since you started the topic but need to since I know many would be like but it was started by a Shahrukh fan , I know your intention so nothing I said in there was meant for you :)

Edited by srkjuhi - 18 April 2016 at 6:24am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

angrybreadqazplmpallavi25Beautyful_Mess-DZ-

.SoulMates. IF-Dazzler
.SoulMates.
.SoulMates.

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 6:34am | IP Logged
No he is not, definitely not.
But reading some comments from his fans here, the sheer arrogance in some of them no wonder people keep saying that SRK is done and dusted or some even wish that he were finished LOL I mean SRK could take up SK and AK's blockbuster roles and do equally or much better than them but these 2 can't do FAN??? Seriously??? Kyun bhai?
The day some fans accept the fact that all 3 Khans can do each others roles bringing their own positives and negatives with them, this forum might become somewhat logical LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-iLoveZaynMalik

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 6:56am | IP Logged
Not to burst anyone's bubble but not every actor out there can do every role. That's just a fact. There's a reason why certain actors get approached more for a genre over others because they effing rule that genre or are at least brilliant in it. To state that is not arrogance , it's just a fact. As for that particular comparison or rather a hypothetical scenario that was brought up , I guess the person was more probably trying to say that a Shahrukh can do a BB or a 3 Idiots , as for what the outcome would have been had he done them... nobody knows :) Just like nobody knows what would have happened had SK played Kabir Khan in Chak De because if I'm not wrong he was approached for it at one of time :) 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beautyful_Mess-DZ-

-iLoveZaynMalik IF-Sizzlerz
-iLoveZaynMalik
-iLoveZaynMalik

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by yamyam

SRK has reached a stage no one can dream ofStar He has redefined perfection... No actor can even dream of doing what he did.. He has surpassed these trivial thingsDay Dreaming
Heights of delusion and arrogance ROFL hey bhagwaan!!!

-iLoveZaynMalik IF-Sizzlerz
-iLoveZaynMalik
-iLoveZaynMalik

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by flipfl0p

Originally posted by guess.wh0

First of all, just because SRK is done doesn't mean the other two are next. There's literally 0 evidence to back up this assumption. If anything, the opposite is true. Srk's films have been underperforming since MNIK. Ra.one, JTHJ, Don-2, HNY, Dilwale, Fan. With the exception of CE, all of his films have underperformed. Almost all of them aren't even universally accepted Hits especially MNIK, Ra.one and Dilwale...

Do you think, if Amir or Salman acted in "Fan", they would have made it a block buster?

On the contrary I can say, BB and 3 Idiots would have been blockbusters even if the male lead was Sharukh. 
I am not undermining the other two, nor dreaming about "What if" scenario. End of the day, Salman is Bhajrangi and 3 Idiots belong to Amir. But my reaction was towards your comment, other two are way ahead of him. 
Kuch bhi!
ROFL

Salman made an outdated movie (PRDP) one of the biggest hits of bollywood and you think SRK could have done it? He can't do it even with good content. LOL high time his fans accept that SRK's stardom is not like before anymore...
zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Chalo...finally SK fans are admitting PRDP was an outdated movie LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

angrybreadpallavi25-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Okay, it's Monday and I don't have much time on my hands to argue or quote so am going to say this again once.
What i meant is SRK is not finished he's still making movies and didn't much of flops for long time now.
That shld say something about his stardom.
Also he made himself a name much bigger than any other BW actor and that's not going anywhere even after he's done.
So, there's no reason for people to keep repeating SRK is done he's finished and celebrate.
If his movies aren't making as well it doesn't mean he's losing his star power, that's far greater than BO numbers.
It just means maybe times are changing for them and that includes the other 2 Khans, if you were expecting them to be here forever you must be either delusional or very naive.
So, when SRK's career as crowd puller is fading so will be others, and then he will still have movies like Fan to his credit and if he keeps doing what his doing he will have other movies like Fan as well, and again thats beyond numbers.
Aamir and Salman can only pray and hope for Fan to their credit and since they don't have it and I highly doubt they will ever get it.
He's on his own way quite ahead of them, so to their fans you shld stop celebrating SRK's end, cuz it's not true as of now, and when that time comes so will be for your beloved favorites.
 if I were you i wld be super worried about my favorite ever doing what SRK has done in Fan...which's quite impossible.

Peace everyone. 

Edited by Beautyful_Mess - 18 April 2016 at 7:08am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -cuteee.tigress

Originally posted by flipfl0p

Originally posted by guess.wh0

First of all, just because SRK is done doesn't mean the other two are next. There's literally 0 evidence to back up this assumption. If anything, the opposite is true. Srk's films have been underperforming since MNIK. Ra.one, JTHJ, Don-2, HNY, Dilwale, Fan. With the exception of CE, all of his films have underperformed. Almost all of them aren't even universally accepted Hits especially MNIK, Ra.one and Dilwale...

Do you think, if Amir or Salman acted in "Fan", they would have made it a block buster?

On the contrary I can say, BB and 3 Idiots would have been blockbusters even if the male lead was Sharukh. 
I am not undermining the other two, nor dreaming about "What if" scenario. End of the day, Salman is Bhajrangi and 3 Idiots belong to Amir. But my reaction was towards your comment, other two are way ahead of him. 
Kuch bhi!
ROFL

Salman made an outdated movie (PRDP) one of the biggest hits of bollywood and you think SRK could have done it? He can't do it even with good content. LOL high time his fans accept that SRK's stardom is not like before anymore...
PRDP is one of the biggest movies in BW?? In that case so are HNY and Dilwale.
Do you even have any idea how much it made??Confused
If Salman by himself can make a movie so big regardless of anything else then Jai ho wld have done wonders. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25-DZ-

Go to top