Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karan-007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: JustMySelf

no yaar i dominate my ego i am nt slave of my ego so i do nt mind healthy discussion πŸ€—

same bro i was just having healthy discussion πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—
pallavi25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: JustMySelf

see this is what i am telling..
when his films flop u tell we dnt see bo numbers..
when he earns huge u give huge charts...
so u do mind the bo figures dnt u?
this is all i wanted to say...
flop huya tohh grapes r sour..
hit huya tohh congratulations
this is all i am saying..
oe who is unaffected just concerned with the body of work will nt cite
box office numbers...could i explain?
sorry do nt take it in a wrong way..

n @karan u too do nt take it in other way..
sorry if anyone of u felt offended...
there will be many posts that will mock srk next...
n each thread u all will jump defensively...
that is what am telling..neither srk needs to be mocked..
nor u guys need to jump defensively ..
as simple as this...if u love srks work dnt mention his bo figures..
if u want to point out bo figures then gracefully accept that fan did nt do well as simple
as this...

@Bold: Read what u wrote above in the first quote...that other 2 Khans have huge openings but SRK doesnt...thats why I had to give those small charts, not huge charts, just a little sample of SRK's still sustaining BO power.πŸ˜†
Why are you constantly changing gears? First you were cribbing abt SRK playing young roles, when that was proved wrong, you changed gears to BO...what is exactly your point? πŸ˜•

Fan didnt do well? Who told you that? The lies posted on this forum? πŸ˜†
Fan had highest 1st day of 2016 and highest 1st weekend of 2016. 
First of all u didnt even watch Fan...if you had and didnt like it then u could comment on what u didnt like in it.
 But this is completely absurd...saying Fan didnt do well when its done extremely well in first 3 days already. πŸ˜†
Why dont you just acknowledge that SRK is doing meaningful films now? Fan is exactly what you are asking for...

Edited by pallavi25 - 8 years ago
.Achillies. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Gone are the days for srk, whichever genre he picks, everything is falling flat while 2 contemporaries whom TM has mentioned in his post, Salman & Aamir are now way ahead of him. Srk now can't pull audience, 1st from trio to go down.
JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: pallavi25

@Bold: Read what u wrote above in the first quote...that other 2 Khans have huge openings but SRK doesnt...thats why I had to give those small charts, not huge charts, just a little sample of SRK's still sustaining BO power.πŸ˜†
Why are you constantly changing gears? First you were cribbing abt SRK playing young roles, when that was proved wrong, you changed gears to BO...what is exactly your point? πŸ˜•

Fan didnt do well? Who told you that? The lies posted on this forum? πŸ˜†
Fan had highest 1st day of 2016 and highest 1st weekend of 2016. 
First of all u didnt even watch Fan...if you had and didnt like it then u could comment on what u didnt like in it.
 But this is completely absurd...saying Fan didnt do well when its done extremely well in first 3 days already. πŸ˜†
Why dont you just acknowledge that SRK is doing meaningful films now? Fan is exactly what you are asking for...

first chill yaar...
i agree i could nt phrase my sentence to convey  to u what i mean...
i did nt see fan yet as my best frnd is unwell...
once she is fine i will be going...
till then neither will i slam srk nor praise him ...
all i am telling u all that there will be many more mocking threads..
absurd celebrations...
do nt fall for them n start being defensive n stoop as low as them...
aab samjhi?
ya phir se samjhayun?
the forum will be flooding n i know u n chadni n gerua n coldplaying n ab yamyam
all of u will go like gadadhari bheem ...n am just telling u all ignore..
aab matha thanda kijiyen..
aur hugs lijiyen πŸ€—
flipfl0p thumbnail
I hope, nobody is day dreaming here that any Khan would still be top at box office after a decade. But as long as they are getting movies written with them in mind, they are fine. But it would be better, if they refuse to act in younger roles themselves. 
Times are changing. Earlier, superstars have to accept second fiddle roles to younger generation (like Dilip Kumar). The ones who refused to compromise were laughted at (like Dev Anand). But now, Big B is still getting movies written around his character. Khans are no way from finishing. 

I may be in minority. I did like SRK's performance. But I did not feel, film was that good to generate WOM. 
Gaurav had no great reason to go behind Aryan Khanna in that depth. I don't understand the use of heavy VFX (and money spent on it), when Gaurav's face was such a turn off with his teeth. Sharukh pays so much attention to technology (I have heard, he is such a techno geek), but not good at script reading (May be, Amir spent his childhood listening to stories. Sharukh preferred to play with cars)πŸ˜†. 

Again another movie with a poor script, which depends on chasing scenes and Sharukh's superstardom to lift it. I don't think, any other Khan also  (if they were in it) could have saved this film. Sharukh must be tired of shouldering such films. He has done his part (good acting). He could not have done much to save this film. 
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
When you have a career spanning decades you are bound to have high and low phases and I don't get as to why people cannot celebrate the Khans for what they are,all three have proven themselves a dozen times at the BO and atleast now people should respect them and their legacy rather than making them sound like some newbie who should prove a point every time their film comes.

Its sad to see when people with such illustrious careers dont get the respect they deserve.The sheer fact that SRK ,Aamir & Salman have survived brillaintly this long should be enough for their fans and opponents alike to give them that tiny bit of respect!
First of all, just because SRK is done doesn't mean the other two are next. There's literally 0 evidence to back up this assumption. If anything, the opposite is true. Srk's films have been underperforming since MNIK. Ra.one, JTHJ, Don-2, HNY, Dilwale, Fan. With the exception of CE, all of his films have underperformed. Almost all of them aren't even universally accepted Hits especially MNIK, Ra.one and Dilwale. In the same time span Aamir and Salman are both at their peaks breaking record after record. So your assumption makes no sense.

Secondly, have you seen the preparation Aamir has done for Dangal, and to a lesser extent Salman for Sultan. The body transformation? When has SRK ever gone through such gruelling preparation for a role? To even imply that he's the only one interested in doing good films and performance oriented roles is a joke.

The game has changed and the other 2 khans are on top of it. SRK has been left behind. Just accept it and move on.

PS Fan is a decent performance but it's not some epic performance by any means. Wait for Dangal sans the VFX.
Get-Lost thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Your topic seems delusional and too much focused on the point that if SRK goes down others will drown too. What makes you think like that? SRK films have been under-performing. The last impactful major hit that I remember was Om Shanti Om and yes Chennai Express. Forget Fan ( which can be excused for not having an item song), films like Happy New Year, Jab Tak hai Jaan...they didn't work as well.
If SRK has made an untouchable name for himself then others have too. All the three Khans should be appreciated and respected for whatever name and fame they have achieved. Declaring, that oh.. SRK is going down so others will go to shows that you don't trust your favourite..
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Isn't the fact that SRK is atm ranked 3rd with regards to box office accepted by SRK fans too? How has Fan in any way affected his box office standing when he still is No. 3, if anything Fan has only positively enhanced the perception of people with regards to his caliber as an actor. SRK himself seems to have made peace with the box office competition and numbers rat race which is evident in his future lineup of atypical non commercial films and his immense joy with regards to the critical acclaim he has received for Fan irrespective of Box Office.
Also why is the fact that there aren't any big movies around the corner or the international collections being taken into account before declaring Fan a flop. Let its entire box office run get over na

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
why do collections matter? srk has given one of the best performances of his career in fan! everyone is praising his portrayal as gaurav, so i think srk has gotten a lot out of Fan