Siya Ke Ram
Siya Ke Ram

TOI:It has been my dream to play Ram: Jaipur actor Ashish Sharma

Sutapasima Coolbie
Sutapasima
Sutapasima

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Tanvi Trivedi | TNN | Apr 18, 2016,

hish Sharma, who is currently playing Ram on 'Siya Ke Ram', is actually a big Hanuman bhakt. When he was younger, he was always offered the role of Hanuman.

Ashish says, "I am from Jaipur, where Ramlila is common. Despite being a thin, lanky fellow, I was always offered the role of Hanuman. It was a dream of mine to play Ram, but somehow I was chosen to play Hanuman. Since then, I have been a Hanuman bhakt for many years now." Talking about his faith and belief, he adds, "Not just me, in fact my entire family is a devout follower of Lord Hanuman. It's an annual affair where we all celebrate Hanuman Jayanti with a big puja at home and all the relatives join us in the puja."

The actor, who was slated to come to Jaipur on April 22 for a big pooja on the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti, moved his trip AHEAD because shooting schedules did not permit him to travel.

Ashish came to Jaipur early this month after a long gap. Hopping flights between Mumbai, Hyderabad and now Jaipur, the actor got just one day off. He said, "I was shooting in Mumbai, so I took an early morning flight to Jaipur, and after shooting for the entire day, went back to Hyderabad for another shoot of the show. At times, it becomes a little tough, but that's how TV actors' lives are. Initially, the show was five days a week, and we used to get a day off, but now it has become seven days a week, so shootings have become all the more hectic. Now it's a part of my job. Initially, it used to bug my parents but now, they have become used to from it."

-Inputs by Richa Shukla

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

RJaish30rajshripShivam...Thushi-Mano-

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top