The golden combination has finally failed - Page 2

Posted: 7 years ago
there is a huge difference between FAN and other commercial yrf movies u mentioned .FAN is offbeat dark thriller.srk-maneesh experimented w/ this mvie .
if they wanted BO number,they would have released it on holiday and added 2-3 songs .
Originally posted by PAcino

Yeah Fan wasn't risky..No songs, No leading actress, no romantic track, 2 protagonists both with dark shades...No strong supporting presence...a dark story...
& it wasn't risky...LOL...This forum beats me!!!

It was not a risk, nor a off beat. It was basically SRK playing SRK and his mad fan.
Had the movie been actually good, it would had a bigger collection till now.
It should beat films like Bhaag Milkha Bhaag , Barfi and Airlift atleast 
I didn't like jthj or rnbd too. Manish is overrated too like Ali abbas is also overrated.
I like your comparison. 
😆

A songless, no romance (blasphemy for YRF) is compared to regular films. IF logic
I am a huge fan of Katrina but I hated how JTHJ ended up. In fact, Aditya Chopra should have not taken over the reins of Yash Chopra. The whole movie was just atrocious. Ruined the whole chemistry for me. 
If Katrina and SRK really wanted to do another film, I am begging them not to do a serious romance. Like seriously. 
hmm so forum critics have taken over the real critics...good 
JTHJ opening of 12 cr(compare it to 20 cr non holiday opening of Dilwale)..and a 102 crore lifetime  was a low in SRK's career.It was his favorite genre,with 4the Khan Katrina and recently dead Yashji.That was scary.

Fan is like Chak De and Swades..no heroine,no glamour,romance ,song or  dance.It is a  film about a star and a fan..bilkul hatke.

JTHJ was scary..Fan gives SRK fans pride and joy.because SRK was better than the film.In fact he was tremendous after a long time.
Originally posted by Elvis12

There is nothing edgy about Fan except the track of Gaurav .The rest of the film moves in a routine zone seen gazillion times earlier .

And Its not like he has been delivering blockbusters in  mainstream cinemas.Dilwale was pretty much a mainstream  film but the results were abysmal.

😆
someone said it right, Barjrangi bhaijaan and pk's , the movies were epic, that's all.
but that's the not hte case for Fan. its Shah who is epic here.

FAN Monday (Day 4) Box Office Collection Update

34 mins ago
2 min read

FAN has shown a significantly big drop in both occupancy and collections on Monday. The average occupancy at centres that we tracked has dropped by around 50-60% from Friday and the collections too is low due to cheaper weekday ticket prices.

The drop is Pan-India. Single-screen business has crashed and multiplexes in cities too have shown bigger than expected drops. And unless the film picks up in the night, the Monday collections are likely to come in the 6-7 crore range.

In fact, The Jungle Book' is now recording higher percentage occupancy at multiplexes. FAN has significantly higher number of shows than The Jungle Book', which will divide the business and reduce occupancy, but it cannot be forgotten that FAN is running in its first week and it was the biggest film so far this year.

The evening / night shows could still pick up at multiplexes, like they usually do in major cities, but the occupancy both in the morning and noon is pretty low for the fourth day of a big film like FAN.

Starring Shah Rukh Khan in the lead, FAN collected Rs 52.35 crore in its first weekend at the domestic (India) box office. The film has been made on a budget of Rs 105 crore, excluding the lead actor's fee.

DayFanGrowth / Drop Percentage
Day 1 (Friday)19.20-
Day 2 (Saturday)15.40- 20%
Day 3 (Sunday)17.75+ 15%
India Total Collections52.35 crore

The inevitable has happened ...I was not indulging in fiction ..just stating a fact .