I've fought with Varun & Aditya, not Tiger: Shraddha Kapoor

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

I've fought with Varun and Aditya, not Tiger

Shraddha Kapoor gets talking about her co-stars...

Nayandeep Rakshit

Shraddha Kapoor is gearing up for Baaghi. This is the first time she is doing action, and also the first time she is acting opposite Tiger Shroff. With as many as four films in her kitty already and a few in talks, Shraddha and chats about the films she has in hand. Over to her...

Your last was a dance film, and now an action film...

This is the first action film I've ever been a part of. When you see the trailer, you realise the biggest highlight of Baaghi is the action. I felt very nervous but at the same time, very excited when the director Sabbir Khan told me that I will get to punch and kick. Because I got to do something new, I was a little apprehensive about being able to pull it off, but eventually I did. I had the opportunity to explore something new after ABCD 2, so that was great.

Do you think action roles will be offered to heroines now?

I think it's very much possible now. How often do you hear a female actor doing action? It's not a common thing here. The audience wants to see newer stuff, newer characters and women playing challenging characters. So that's probably going to happen.

Your co-star Tiger had a crush on you in school. Did you know?

Tiger never told me about it. I found out about this only in an interview before. When I asked him, he said, I was shy to tell you'. We went to school together, our dads knew each other. To work with him has been so amazing. He is a very shaant person, focused and calm. At the same time, he's got a great sense of humour. He would be like a horse with blinkers on set. Very disciplined " he would sleep early, wake up early, not eat junk food, be very particular about everything and it seems like it's very natural to him.

He does not have to make an effort. I have to make an effort. I have to mentally slap myself 12 times if I see gulab jamuns coming my way. I will slap myself and still eat it! (Laughs) I have a crazy relationship with food. I have no control.

Did you and Tiger fight on the set, while fighting off baddies?

No, never! He's a very sweet person. I have probably fought with Varun and Aditya, maybe. And it would be anything as in Why did you take my food?' and stuff like that.

Your next four films are very different from each other. A conscious move?

It's not at all conscious. It's just so happened that it's happening like this. (Smiles) But it's good only na. Each film is different from the other. Rock On 2 is on one side of the spectrum, Baaghi is something else, then OK Jaanu is somewhere and Half Girlfriend is again in a different space.

After two '100 crore films, do you feel the pressure?

Box-office numbers only mean that the audiences have flocked to the theatres to watch your films. So higher your box office number, higher the number of people who have watched it. If I equate it in that sense, then I feel very good because that means I have reached out to more people. There's pressure but then there's pressure always. Whether you have back to back hits or your films don't do well at the box office. The only pressure I put myself into is that I want to outdo myself. That is the endeavour.

Do you think your box-office success has made you more desirable to producers?

I assume that is probably a reason. But I also think nobody will approach you if they feel you don't fit the part. Being a part of successful films helps my identity as an actor but that's not just the only thing that will make producers pick me over anyone else. I have to suit the character as well.

Published Date:
  Apr 18, 2016

http://epaper.dnaindia.com/story.aspx?id=89076&boxid=37638&ed_date=2016-04-18&ed_code=820004&ed_page=1

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Tiger genuinely seems like a sweet fella..