Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

*AkDha Admirers Association* #2 (Page 92)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Akka dear,

I am yet to  see the topic, no matter how serious, that you are unable to turn into a laugh fest. Now that you have not one but two little collaborators,  your troika  is a riot,  always and  every time!
-
So here goes with my blue patches, and if your post ends up looking like a bad case of Robin Blue overdose (we must be the only 2 people here who remember that product!Wink), it is not my fault!WinkWink

Originally posted by karkuzhali

Babloo learns about Rio Olympics and English Olympiad

(Baby Sarasa and Babloo are playing. Grandma is watching Olympic games.)

Babloo: What are you watching grandma?
Baby: Grandma is watching Olympic games..
Babloo: What is 'lympic games?
G'ma: It is a very big event. All the best players in the world will come and play..

Babloo dear, Grandma's  is what you could call the official version. In fact, the Olympics has always been a huge three ring circus, with countries quarrelling over each other's  participants (that, my pet, is someone who joins   with others
in  some activity,, to play a game, or to do something else, like act in a play. Yes, yes,  activity is anything you do. Like you asking poor Grandma endless questionsWink).

Now where was I ? Yes, the quarrelling countries often demand that the participants from the other countries should be disqualified (which means not being allowed to participate in the Olympics. I hope you have not already forgotten what participate means, my little one?).  If Country A tries to push out participants from  Country B, Country B tries even  harder to do tit for tat to Country A. I am sure you know what tit for tat means, for you must be doing it all the time with your classmates at school, you  little imp!Wink

So only the ones that are left over after all these quarrels compete in the Games. And to compete means to try and do better than the others in, say a race. Like you did, did you not, my pet?

Babloo: Are they playing in the TV grandma?
Baby: They can't play in the TV.. They are playing in the ground..
Babloo: Then how do we see it in TV?
G'ma: They will take video and show it..
Babloo: What is the game? Is it cricket? I like cricket..
G'ma:( playfully) What do you know about cricket darling?
Babloo: Mummy and Daddy watch it in TV..and I will sit with them, because, they 'llow me to eat chips with them..and they will shout "Out...!" and I will also shout with them..
Baby: Grandma, I don't like cricket because mummy and daddy will be watching it non stop and they won't play with me..
Babloo: But I like it because, I can eat popcorn, I can eat chips and mummy won't say anything...

I am myself a cricket fan of sorts, but this is the single best and most rational reason that I have ever heard for kids to watch  the game along with their parents!Wink I  am also glad to note that both the Mummies are also cricket aficionadas, thus helping to break the overwhelmingly male monopoly of the game.WinkWink

Babloo dearest, did  you  know that women play cricket too? They have their own national teams and play against similar all women teams from other countries.

( Shagun comes)

Shagun: Aunty, I won a Gold medal in English Olympiad!
G'ma: How nice! Congratulations my sweet  Shagun!( Hugs)

Now this is a drastic change from the earlier picture of Grandma in what looked like a matishaaru sari, that is to say  a  traditional nine yards one, the nauvaari! But may be I am wrong, Akka, and it was just the regular6 yards.

Babloo:  Shagun'kka..Did they show it in the TV? I didn't see..
Babloo is clearly a  New Age kid. For him, nothing exists unless it has been shown on TV!Wink

Baby: ( proudly) Shagun Akka, I will tell my friends that my Shagun Akka got first prize in Olympics..
Shagun: It is not in games Chellams! It is in English..They asked questions and I answered..
Babloo: Shagun'kka, in my school, they don't ask koschuns..We only play... I ran in the running race..
Baby: ...and he came last  ...Wink
Babloo: No.. not last.. my teacher said I came tenth..
Baby:How? Only ten boys ran...( laughs)
Babloo:Confused I'll call Shyamala Aunty and ask her..(Calls Shyamala Aunty)
Hello aunty, isn't ten bigger than one? Baby'kka says it is not..

Baby, you naughty little brat, how can  you tease poor Babloo so? He did his best, didn't you, my darling, and that is all that counts. Now you tell Baby'kka that, first of all, ten IS bigger than one, then second, that you did not want to make the kid who came first feel sad, so  you are happy that he won the race. If that too does not work, then simply tell her that she is counting from the wrong end!Wink OK, Kanna?

Shyamala Aunty

Karkuzhali.

Guess what Shyamala aunty answered?

Now is this not absolutely adorable, especially the way in which Babloo is doing his version of the padmasana?

Edited by sashashyam - 13 August 2016 at 5:17am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhali--cute.manasi--lashy

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 5:16am | IP Logged
The Olympics in India? Perish the thought! It would  be a gargantuan waste of money that would be far better spent on more  up to date training facilities and other support for our sportsmen, who are in general a sadly neglected lot. We had enough of hassles and waste and corruption at the Commonwealth Games. We should not even think of bidding for the Olympics.

In every recent Olympics, and the Games grow bigger and bigger every 4 years, the host country has been stuck with (a) huge stadia and other facilities that are never put to any practical use, (b) huge debts to cover the expenses, and (c) public discontent after the Games are finally over. It was so in China, in Athens and In London. It will surely be the same in Brazil after Rio, and Brazil is in a very difficult political and economic situation as it is.

The modern Olympics Games are a made for TV extravaganza  far  more that a giant competition spread across innumerable sports. And the national prestige issue is colossal. whence the cheating, the recriminations, and the expulsions.  The world  of sports would be far better off with a number of much smaller events in various countries.

At least this is how I feel.

Shyamala/Periyamma/Aunty

Lashy,
May be you, along with a few will be invited by Baby-Babloo to their house for an elaborate discussion and planning of the inaugural ceremony of "If-it-happened-in India" Olympics!Day Dreaming

It will be like my earlier post"Newshour in JATimes now"on P140 ( dated 23rd Feb 2016)  in Sashashyam's "Of Human Bondage" thread.LOL

Periyamma.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhali--cute.manasi---Felicity-harshu27lashy

--cute.manasi-- IF-Sizzlerz
--cute.manasi--
--cute.manasi--

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

The Olympics in India? Perish the thought! It would  be a gargantuan waste of money that would be far better spent on more  up to date training facilities and other support for our sportsmen, who are in general a sadly neglected lot. We had enough of hassles and waste and corruption at the Commonwealth Games. We should not even think of bidding for the Olympics.

In every recent Olympics, and the Games grow bigger and bigger every 4 years, the host country has been stuck with (a) huge stadia and other facilities that are never put to any practical use, (b) huge debts to cover the expenses, and (c) public discontent after the Games are finally over. It was so in China, in Athens and In London. It will surely be the same in Brazil after Rio, and Brazil is in a very difficult political and economic situation as it is.

The modern Olympics Games are a made for TV extravaganza  far  more that a giant competition spread across innumerable sports. And the national prestige issue is colossal. whence the cheating, the recriminations, and the expulsions.  The world  of sports would be far better off with a number of much smaller events in various countries.

At least this is how I feel.

Shyamala/Periyamma/Aunty

Lashy,
May be you, along with a few will be invited by Baby-Babloo to their house for an elaborate discussion and planning of the inaugural ceremony of "If-it-happened-in India" Olympics!Day Dreaming

It will be like my earlier post"Newshour in JATimes now"on P140 ( dated 23rd Feb 2016)  in Sashashyam's "Of Human Bondage" thread.LOL

Periyamma.

could not agree more . 

besides , i think what happened in CWG will forever be ingrained in our memories

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyam-Felicity-harshu27lashy

Priyankaakdha IF-Rockerz
Priyankaakdha
Priyankaakdha

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 5:39am | IP Logged
Hello everyone ..
Wats going on ...
Stories kya ...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Felicity-

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 5:46am | IP Logged

My very dear Shyamala,

Thank you for your response.I have given my comments in red.
I remember the "Robin Ultramarine Blue" before Tinopal came to the market.We used to buy that. After that Ujala replaced Tinopal. ( brand name changed subsequently).
Saraswathi akka.
Originally posted by sashashyam

Akka dear,

I am yet to  see the topic, no matter how serious, that you are unable to turn into a laugh fest. Now that you have not one but two little collaborators,  your troika  is a riot,  always and  every time!

So here goes with my blue patches, and if your post ends up looking like a bad case of Robin Blue overdose (we must be the only 2 people here who remember that product!Wink), it is not my fault!WinkWink

G'ma: It is a very big event. All the best players in the world will come and play..

Babloo dear, Grandma's  is what you could call the official version. In fact, the Olympics has always been a huge three ring circus, with countries quarrelling over each other's  participants (that, my pet, is someone who joins   with others
in  some activity,, to play a game, or to do something else, like act in a play. Yes, yes,  activity is anything you do. Like you asking poor Grandma endless questionsWink).

Babloo: No aunty. Do I ask koschins?

Now where was I ? Yes, the quarrelling countries often demand that the participants from the other countries should be disqualified (which means not being allowed to participate in the Olympics. I hope you have not already forgotten what participate means, my little one?).  If Country A tries to push out participants from  Country B, Country B tries even  harder to do tit for tat to Country A. I am sure you know what tit for tat means, for you must be doing it all the time with your classmates at school, you  little imp!Wink

So only the ones that are left over after all these quarrels compete in the Games. And to compete means to try and do better than the others in, say a race. Like you did, did you not, my pet?

Babloo: Pticipate is a big word Aunty. Now I learnt it..I will tell my teacher..
Babloo: Mummy and Daddy watch it in TV..and I will sit with them, because, they 'llow me to eat chips with them..and they will shout "Out...!" and I will also shout with them..
Baby: Grandma, I don't like cricket because mummy and daddy will be watching it non stop and they won't play with me..
Babloo: But I like it because, I can eat popcorn, I can eat chips and mummy won't say anything...

I am myself a cricket fan of sorts, but this is the single best and most rational reason that I have ever heard for kids to watch  the game along with their parents!Wink I  am also glad to note that both the Mummies are also cricket aficionadas, thus helping to break the overwhelmingly male monopoly of the game.WinkWink
Me: All my SILs( brothers' wives) were cricket addicts. One of our friends here, who is 90 +, watches all games including AFL  very interestingly and she doesn't miss a single cricket test. 
Babloo dearest, did  you  know that women play cricket too? They have their own national teams and play against similar all women teams from other countries.
Babloo: WHAT? Girls? Don't they go to school and study like Shagun'kka?
( Shagun comes)

Now this is a drastic change from the earlier picture of Grandma in what looked like a matishaaru sari, that is to say  a  traditional nine yards one, the nauvaari! But may be I am wrong, Akka, and it was just the regular6 yards.
Me:It was a six yard-sari  only in the other  picture..Grandma was taking a nap after her lunch and she didn't change her sari. Now it is bed time and she  changed into sleeping costume!LOL

Babloo is clearly a  New Age kid. For him, nothing exists unless it has been shown on TV!Wink
Babloo: Confused Aunty I am only three..I get my new age only on my next birthday..

Baby: ( proudly) Shagun Akka, I will tell my friends that my Shagun Akka got first prize in Olympics..
Shagun: It is not in games Chellams! It is in English..They asked questions and I answered..
Babloo: Shagun'kka, in my school, they don't ask koschuns..We only play... I ran in the running race..

Baby, you naughty little brat, how can  you tease poor Babloo so? He did his best, didn't you, my darling, and that is all that counts. Now you tell Baby'kka that, first of all, ten IS bigger than one, then second, that you did not want to make the kid who came first feel sad, so  you are happy that he won the race. If that too does not work, then simply tell her that she is counting from the wrong end!Wink OK, Kanna? 

Babloo:Big smileBig smile
Baby:CryCry
Me:Ermm
Shyamala Aunty

Karkuzhali.

Now is this not absolutely adorable, especially the way in which Babloo is doing his version of the padmasana?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyamlashy

harshu27 IF-Stunnerz
harshu27
harshu27

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 6:12am | IP Logged

( Shagun comes)

LOL

Karkuzhali.

Confused

unfortunately India dint won any medal...Ouch

-Felicity-lashy

-Felicity- IF-Sizzlerz
-Felicity-
-Felicity-

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 6:26am | IP Logged
OMG... I want this now...CryLOL

Just one question Aunty, how did you get to know @Underlined? LOL

Prakash ki Kulfi!

from me!

--cute.manasi--lashy

-Felicity- IF-Sizzlerz
-Felicity-
-Felicity-

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 6:26am | IP Logged

...and a special award for our Special Akdhian! 

This is fantastic! Day DreamingDay DreamingDay Dreaming

--cute.manasi--lashy

Go to top