Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

*AkDha Admirers Association* #2 (Page 86)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 10 August 2016 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Dearest Akka,

OK,first things first. I found it hard to move beyond the opening photo of Babloo, with his golden crown and his large book, his little snub nose wrinkled in concentration and his chubby cheeks flushed in anticipation of the delights that lay waiting  in the  book . He is so loveable that I would have liked best to just stay there looking at him.

But one has to move on, and so I reluctantly started on the story. Here are my comments, in blue as usual, besides my favourite passages also marked in blue.

Shyamala

Originally posted by karkuzhali

Babloo and Baby Sarasa listen to the fairy tale Pinnocchio.

Little boy wearing party hat reading book - Family Matters

( It is story time for Baby and Babloo. They carry a very big fairy tale book to grandma.)

Babloo: Grandma...its story time..
Baby: Grandma, here is the book.. 
Grandma: Okay kutties.. What story do you want me to read for you?
Baby: Grandma, I want Cinderella story..It has prince in it..
Babloo: Who is cinderella? Is he the Prince?
Babloo has a fixaton on his fellow  males of the species whom he sees as the Lords of Creation. So anyone special has to be male!Wink

Baby: Noo.. It is a poor girl.. A good fairy helps her.. She marries the prince..
Babloo: Oh..sissy stuff.. Baby'kka, you know the story..why do you want grandma to read it again? I want Pinnocchio story..
Ya, Buster, it is sissy stuff now, but wait till  you are 15 years older! And by the way, you liked Jodha Akka marrying Jalal Uncle, did you not? How come? This, young Babloo, is what is called gender discrimination, and  you had better ask Grandma what that means!Wink

Baby: Do you know who is Pinnocchio?
Babloo: Noo...But once I lied to mummy and cried with the pretend tummy ache..
She found out and scolded me.. She said that if I tell lies, my nose will grow longer. like Pinnocchio.Big smileBig smile
Baby: Grandma,  I am  older..me first..I want Cinderella story..
Babloo: No..I will cry.. I want Pinnocchio..
Babloo my pet, is it not sissy to cry? A brave little boy like  you? Chee! You should argue,  and say that you had both listened to enough stories about princes and princesses, and now wanted something different. Not cry like a silly kid!

G'ma: Shhh!.. quiet ! Baby , Babloo is your little brother, no? I will read Pinnocchio first for him.. You can also listen to it..
Babloo: Yes, Baby'kka,  I will listen to the story and go to sleep  and then grandma will tell you Cinderella story.. okay?
( So after coming to an agreement, Grandma reads out the story Pinnocchio to the kids)
G'ma: So..once upon a time there lived a toy maker and he made beautiful toys..
Babloo: Did he make teddy bear?
G'ma: No.. he made wooden toys and he gave them to his neighbourhood  kids to play...So the all the kids liked him..
Baby: And what happened? 
Babloo: 'kka, I will ask questions...Grandma what happened then?
Yes!! He is a born autocrat. He had better make the best of it till he grows up and gets married!Wink

G'ma: And one day he made the toy of a boy and named him Pinnocchio.. He kept it on his table and went to sleep..
Babloo: Did he have dreams?
Baby: You silly boy.. If you sleep, you will get dreams..don't you know that?
G'ma: But the dream is not important in the story... When everybody was sleeping, a fairy appeared before the Pinnocchio toy and made it a real boy..
Babloo: Real boy!..Was he able to talk?
G'ma: Yes.. the fairy made the toy  talk, walk, eat and do all the things that a boy would do..
Baby: How old was he?
Babloo: Did he look like me?
G'ma: Yes.. he looked exactly like our Babloo, with a short stub of a nose like Shyamala aunty described about you..LOL
Baby: LOL
Babloo: ( Laughs and touches his nose)
G'ma: But the fairy also told him that 'if you don't listen to what your parents say or if you tell  lies your nose will grow longer by an inch for each lie and for each act of mischief' ..But Pinnocchio was very mischievous and he did not listen to his parents..
Baby: And did his nose grow longer?
G'ma: It grew longer and he got scared and cried..
Babloo: Then?
G'ma: Then he prayed for the fairy and the fairy appeared before him..Pinnochio cried and said that he won't tell lies thereafter..and will obey his parents.. She felt sorry for him and made his nose to its original size.. And Pinnocchio became a very good boy and everyone liked him..And that is the end of the story..Do you like it Babloo kutty?
Babloo: ( Thoughtfully) Grandma, I want to see the fairy .. Will she come to my room?
G'ma: Why darling? Do you want to ask her anything?
Babloo: Yes .. I will ask her how many lies can I tell for making my nose a little longer?
Now this is what I would call a fabulous twist. Lord, it is so clever and practical, and so very funny! Clap
Babloo my sweet, I love your little  snub nose and  I do not want it to grow any longer just yet. You just be a good little boy and don't tell any lies, and it will soon grow longer on its own!

Karkuzhali.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhaliTilottamaalashy

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 10 August 2016 at 3:32am | IP Logged

If , suppose IF, we host Olympic Games in India, how will we present our culture, history and tradition?Day Dreaming
this thought struck me too!!!Big smile

Can we have a session of discussion with  our cuties Baby and Babloo with grandma?
Waiting for it

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tilottamaa

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 10 August 2016 at 3:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

Lashykanna,

Babloo inspires me, I think!Wink They are so adorable, little boys, and it feeds the vanity of us mothers  that we are the centre of their world. But then they cross 8 and the  focus shifts to their equally grubby friends, and then, some years later, to girls. That is life. So one has to make the most of one's little boy's babyhood. 
Don't remind meBroken Heart
I still remember  Sasha at 4;  I used to read The Hobbit out to him,and we used to hunt for hobbits in our large garden in Belgrade. 
Hobbit at 4?Ouch Wow! My sons are still happy to be lost in world of Dinosaurs and Super herosErmm
When he was 5, the two of us would count his pocket money over and over again to see if  he had enough to buy the paint box he had set his heart on. And look for stray coins that had rolled off under the bookshelves! 
This is adorable... 

Oho, so you are doing PR for me, are you, my poppet ?  Jokes apart, I am deeply flattered to be compared with the author of Cry the Peacock, and do thank your brother in law on my behalf, will you? I like  her daughter Kiran Desai as well, though I do not think she has written very much.
It actually went like this
What are you doing these days, Shraddha etc etc etc
Writing etc etc etc
Any interesting comments etc etc etc
Yes etc etc etc
Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Tilottamaasashashyam

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 10 August 2016 at 3:37am | IP Logged

Yes, my Lashykanna, but the real question is how many of these saplings actually survive. As for the ones planted by our pompous, often pot-bellied netas  here in India, I would guess not even 10%.
I know periyamma... but I still hope that there are some charities out there... that truly do care... for 10 people out there for the money/limelight I hope there are at least 2-3 charities that are doing it for the cause! Day Dreaming No?

It is  like the current worldwide gimmick of switching off your lights and sitting in the dark between 1930  and 2030 hours on the Save Earth Day. What actually happens is that after  one hour of sitting in the dark, in many places in the world being bitten by  mosquitoes and probably getting dengue because the fans are also off, we feel  morally uplifted. We then proceed to sit up late to catch up with our lives,  and  use up more energy than we have saved. I am not even adding the energy cost of the global PR overkill  for this one hour without using power.

It would of course have been far simpler to teach people to switch off the lights and fans when they leave a room, set the AC at 26 degrees and not 22, and not use the AC unless really needed. But that would hardly be as fancy and morally uplifting, would it now?
There are loads of lessons being inculcated right from school level here... but sometimes I wonder if it's too little too late.. Ouch

Shyamala Periyamma

Tilottamaasashashyam

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 10 August 2016 at 3:51am | IP Logged
Your grandchildren are so lucky to have you in their lives, periyamma Smile

Babloo and Baby Sarasa listen to the fairy tale Pinnocchio.

Little boy wearing party hat reading book - Family Matters

Baby: Grandma, I want Cinderella story..It has prince in it..
Babloo: Who is cinderella? Is he the Prince?
Suttam!Wacko
Baby: Noo.. It is a poor girl.. A good fairy helps her.. She marries the prince..
Babloo: Oh..sissy stuff.. Baby'kka, you know the story..why do you want grandma to read it again? I want Pinnocchio story.. 
Sissy stuff... this lil one is using notty words now, isn't he?Shocked
Baby: Do you know who is Pinnocchio?
Babloo: Noo...But once I lied to mummy and cried with the pretend tummy ache..
She found out and scolded me.. She said that if I tell lies, my nose will grow longer. like Pinnocchio.Big smileBig smile
>> LOL
Baby: Grandma,  I am  older..me first..I want Cinderella story..
Babloo: No..I will cry.. I want Pinnocchio.. 
G'ma: Shhh!.. quiet ! Baby , Babloo is your little brother, no? I will read Pinnocchio first for him.. You can also listen to it..
>>> this is how you learn to defend yourself from the mighty forces of the pecking orderLOL

Baby: And what happened? 
Babloo: 'kka, I will ask questions...Grandma what happened then?
What? Now Baby can't ask koschuns also?Angry

Babloo: Did he look like me?
G'ma: Yes.. he looked exactly like our Babloo, with a short stub of a nose like Shyamala aunty described about you..LOL
Baby: LOL
>> LOL

G'ma: Then he prayed for the fairy and the fairy appeared before him..Pinnochio cried and said that he won't tell lies thereafter..and will obey his parents.. She felt sorry for him and made his nose to its original size.. And Pinnocchio became a very good boy and everyone liked him..And that is the end of the story..Do you like it Babloo kutty?
Babloo: ( Thoughtfully) Grandma, I want to see the fairy .. Will she come to my room?
G'ma: Why darling? Do you want to ask her anything?
Babloo: Yes .. I will ask her how many lies can I tell for making my nose a little longer? 
Awww why? He doesn't like stubby nose?LOL

karkuzhaliTilottamaa

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 10 August 2016 at 3:53am | IP Logged

Ya, Buster, it is sissy stuff now, but wait till  you are 15 years older! And by the way, you liked Jodha Akka marrying Jalal Uncle, did you not? How come? This, young Babloo, is what is called gender discrimination, and  you had better ask Grandma what that means!Wink

Yes!! He is a born autocrat. He had better make the best of it till he grows up and gets married!Wink

LOL

Tilottamaasashashyam

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 10 August 2016 at 4:33am | IP Logged

My dear Shyamala Aunty,

Do you really like my nose? You don't want it to be longer? Grandma also likes it ..She says it is a button-nose..how can the nose be button..I don't know..So what will I do if the fairy comes to my room today?..Shall I send her to Baby'kka' s room?

I like Kings in the story...and  only Princes become kings..Princesses won't become Kings.. that's why I like princes..Jalal Uncle is King..Big king..That's why I like him...
I like girls also aunty.. I like Baby'kka, Shagun'kka, Bindu'kka, grandma.. and I love you Shyamala aunty..Hug...I am going to ask grand ma to tell me the story of Peter Pan tomorrow..

Babloo.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Tilottamaasashashyamharshu27lashy

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 10 August 2016 at 5:06am | IP Logged

My dear Shyamala,

Thank you very much for the comments,or rather your lovely response to our Babloo  darling! HugYou have animated the picture I have drawn.ClapClap
It is indeed a very tough job for me to find photos for Babloo and Baby. I find it interesting, and I love it.
Now a days Babloo occupies larger space, and I should do equal justice to Baby.  I feel guilty!Wink

Yours affectionately,

Saraswathi akka.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Tilottamaasashashyamlashy

Go to top