Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

   
Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

*AkDha Admirers Association* #2 (Page 85)

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Joined: 14 February 2005
Posts: 39926

Posted: 06 August 2016 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

Yes, of course, the grubby little tyke!
Aha, the smug little male chauvinist brat!Wink
I absolutely love the names you come up with for Babloo... 

By the way, periyamma... when my brother in law was here... he read your posts... and said that your write ups reminded him of someone of the calibre of Booker prize winner Anita Desai... 


They should be relieved that there are no tickets by weight, for the next time, with Grandma, Shagun Akka, Harshu Akka and Bindu'kka, the cost would escalate!Wink
>> LOL


So now Jalal has run away from the battlefield to his hoojra has he? And is waiting for his begums to win the war for him? The best place to throw the chilli powder would be all over him!Angry
>> ROFL this was absolutely hilarious!

Hugs his teddy bear and goes to sleep with the thumb in his mouth.)
Cho chweet! My Sasha used to do that all the time.
Awww 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhaliTilottamaasashashyamharshu27

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Joined: 19 November 2007
Posts: 3865

Posted: 06 August 2016 at 7:53pm | IP Logged

Yes Lashy, I liked their presentation  of their history  ,combining it with a social message.., of couse, despite the constraint on the budget.. I was moved watching the Refugee Olympic team in the Parade. Having gone and settled at different countries, they come united as a team in the parade..
The things I didn't like were the lengthy speeches.
If , suppose IF, we host Olympic Games in India, how will we present our culture, history and tradition?Day Dreaming
Saraswathi periamma.
Can we have a session of discussion with  our cuties Baby and Babloo with grandma?


Originally posted by lashy

Originally posted by karkuzhali


I was watching the Olympic Inauguration ceremony this morning..Spectacular!


I did too... and really, it was very well done - especially for the fact that it was done on a medium budget...  did you have a favourite segment?

I especially liked the gesture where the sportsmen/women were required to plant a sapling each...
I am a big believer in Save the Rain forests! Big smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Tilottamaasashashyamharshu27lashy

Tilottamaa IF-Dazzler
Tilottamaa
Tilottamaa

Joined: 02 June 2016
Posts: 4094

Posted: 06 August 2016 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by karkuzhali



Baby Sarasa and Babloo  fly in theMagic Carpet  to Agra Fort to see Akbar.



couple flying carpet cute illustration


(Grandma is reading a picture story book titled "Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp" to Baby and Babloo.)
Grandma: (Continues)...So, this is the genie that obeyed his master Aladdin..
Babloo: What is a genie grandma??
Baby: Genie is the servant of the boy Aladdin, Babloo  kutty. That boy got a lamp from a Magician..
Babloo: Is he the one who says,"Abrakadabra"?
G'ma: Yes..the magician is a person who does tricks..Sometimes he brings things from nowhere, and sometimes he makes the things disappear..
Baby: Grandma, once a magician came to our school..He took 4 or 5 birds from his hat..He said "Abrakadara"
Babloo: Baby'kka, Is he the magician who gave the lamp to 'lladdin?
Baby: Noo..That one was real.. this one is in the story..
Babloo: But how then both of them know to say Abrakadabra"? Did they go to the same school?
Baby: Babloo dear, the one who came to my school, must have read this story..
G'ma: And then, Aladdin married  the princess and lived happily in a palace.. That is the end of the story..And now go to bed..It is now bed time..

( Grandma goes. But Baby and Babloo don't sleep..they keep talking .)
Babloo: I want to fly in the magic carpet..
Baby: Yes Babloo.. Shyamala aunty said she will send it here and pick us up for going to her place..
Babloo: 'kka, cant we ask the genie to bring it here? We will go to Jalal uncle's place..
Baby: ( Happily) Yesss kutty,  let's try. Say "Abrakadabra" three times..Do you know how many is three?
Baby: Yes'kka..
( Both say "Abrakadabra " three times and the genie appears before them.)
Genie: O, master, what can I do for you? Command me!
Babloo:Approve (aside) It is a man.. I will order him..( aloud) Genie, we want to go to Jalal uncle's place.. do you know the place?
Genie: Yes ..master.. I took you there once .. How many of you are travelling?
Last time I had to carry 4 people and a lot of luggage..Because of that my carpet got punctured.. and I had to mend it. It was out of service for one week..
Baby: Only both of us are going..but you have to stay there and bring us back before grandma wakes up from sleep..
Babloo: Yes, you should..otherwise grandma will scold us..
Genie: No problem master..
( Genie gives a turban to Babloo and a tiara to Baby to wear. Baby and Babloo sit on the magic carpet.The next minute they travel back to 16th Century, and land in Agra Fort..)
Baby: Genie,don't leave us and go..Stay with us..
Babloo: Genie, Take us to Jalal uncle's palace..
Genie: Okay master..
(He carries Baby in one hand and Babloo in the other and deposits in Jalal's hojra. As usual, his hojra is full of Begums and  looks like they have some conference.)
Bablo: 'kka I can't see the uncle..
Baby: Yes.. I also can't..all the Akkas hide him..
Babloo: What are they doing? Genie can you find out what they are doing?
( Genie takes the form of a Baandi, and goes inside. Next minute he comes out)
Genie: O, master, Jalal has gone to war.. and he is wounded.. All his begums are going to the war with chilli powder.. They are discussing about how many kilos of powder should they order.. Jodha Begum is preparing the list of things to be taken...
Babloo and Baby: Run ,run...Genie, take us back to our house.. Otherwise they will take us to the war...
( "No ..no.. run.. " shouts Babloo and wakes up.. Hugs his teddy bear and goes to sleep with the thumb in his mouth.)


Karkuzhali.











Awww...soo very cute Big smile
Loved Baby and Babloo...the way they repeatedly ask the genie, not to leave them alone and go was...ROFL

Fatafati...yet again for you, Aunty Clap


The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyamharshu27lashy

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Joined: 04 January 2012
Posts: 13118

Posted: 06 August 2016 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
Lashykanna,

Babloo inspires me, I think!Wink They are so adorable, little boys, and it feeds the vanity of us mothers  that we are the centre of their world. But then they cross 8 and the  focus shifts to their equally grubby friends, and then, some years later, to girls. That is life. So one has to make the most of one's little boy's babyhood. I still remember  Sasha at 4;  I used to read The Hobbit out to him,and we used to hunt for hobbits in our large garden in Belgrade. When he was 5, the two of us would count his pocket money over and over again to see if  he had enough to buy the paint box he had set his heart on. And look for stray coins that had rolled off under the bookshelves!

Oho, so you are doing PR for me, are you, my poppet ?  Jokes apart, I am deeply flattered to be compared with the author of Cry the Peacock, and do thank your brother in law on my behalf, will you? I like  her daughter Kiran Desai as well, though I do not think she has written very much.

Shyamala Periyamma

Originally posted by lashy

Originally posted by sashashyam

Yes, of course, the grubby little tyke!
Aha, the smug little male chauvinist brat!Wink
I absolutely love the names you come up with for Babloo... 

By the way, periyamma... when my brother in law was here... he read your posts... and said that your write ups reminded him of someone of the calibre of Booker prize winner Anita Desai... 


They should be relieved that there are no tickets by weight, for the next time, with Grandma, Shagun Akka, Harshu Akka and Bindu'kka, the cost would escalate!Wink
>> LOL


So now Jalal has run away from the battlefield to his hoojra has he? And is waiting for his begums to win the war for him? The best place to throw the chilli powder would be all over him!Angry
>> ROFL this was absolutely hilarious!

Hugs his teddy bear and goes to sleep with the thumb in his mouth.)
Cho chweet! My Sasha used to do that all the time.
Awww 



Edited by sashashyam - 06 August 2016 at 10:58pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhaliTilottamaaharshu27lashy

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Joined: 04 January 2012
Posts: 13118

Posted: 06 August 2016 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Yes, my Lashykanna, but the real question is how many of these saplings actually survive. As for the ones planted by our pompous, often pot-bellied netas  here in India, I would guess not even 10%.

It is  like the current worldwide gimmick of switching off your lights and sitting in the dark between 1930  and 2030 hours on the Save Earth Day. What actually happens is that after  one hour of sitting in the dark, in many places in the world being bitten by  mosquitoes and probably getting dengue because the fans are also off, we feel  morally uplifted. We then proceed to sit up late to catch up with our lives,  and  use up more energy than we have saved. I am not even adding the energy cost of the global PR overkill  for this one hour without using power.

It would of course have been far simpler to teach people to switch off the lights and fans when they leave a room, set the AC at 26 degrees and not 22, and not use the AC unless really needed. But that would hardly be as fancy and morally uplifting, would it now?

Shyamala Periyamma


Originally posted by lashy

Originally posted by karkuzhali


I was watching the Olympic Inauguration ceremony this morning..Spectacular!


I did too... and really, it was very well done - especially for the fact that it was done on a medium budget...  did you have a favourite segment?

I especially liked the gesture where the sportsmen/women were required to plant a sapling each...
I am a big believer in Save the Rain forests! Big smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhaliTilottamaaharshu27lashy

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Joined: 19 November 2007
Posts: 3865

Posted: 06 August 2016 at 11:12pm | IP Logged

My dear Shyamala, 
I remember how I used to entertain my g'children. When they were 3 and 6, I used to take them to the movie and watch it along with them.
After a year or two , I would send them inside the cinema hall and go round the shopping centre, and pick them after the show. After some time, they developed different tastes and I would send them to the movie of their choice and wait outside the cinema complex and bring them home.
When they became teenagers, he went to movies with his friends and she with her friends after getting the permission of their parents!LOL

Saraswathi Akka. 






Originally posted by sashashyam

Lashykanna,

Babloo inspires me, I think!Wink They are so adorable, little boys, and it feeds the vanity of us mothers  that we are the centre of their world. But then they cross 8 and the  focus shifts to their equally grubby friends, and then, some years later, to girls. That is life. So one has to make the most of one's little boy's babyhood. I still remember  Sasha at 4;  I used to read The Hobbit out to him,and we used to hunt for hobbits in our large garden in Belgrade. When he was 5, the two of us would count his pocket money over and over again to see if  he had enough to buy the paint box he had set his heart on. And look for stray coins that had rolled off under the bookshelves!

Oho, so you are doing PR for me, are you, my poppet ?  Jokes apart, I am deeply flattered to be compared with the author of Cry the Peacock, and do thank your brother in law on my behalf, will you? I like  her daughter Kiran Desai as well, though I do not think she has written very much.

Shyamala Periyamma

Originally posted by lashy

Originally posted by sashashyam

Yes, of course, the grubby little tyke!
Aha, the smug little male chauvinist brat!Wink
I absolutely love the names you come up with for Babloo... 

By the way, periyamma... when my brother in law was here... he read your posts... and said that your write ups reminded him of someone of the calibre of Booker prize winner Anita Desai... 


They should be relieved that there are no tickets by weight, for the next time, with Grandma, Shagun Akka, Harshu Akka and Bindu'kka, the cost would escalate!Wink
>> LOL


So now Jalal has run away from the battlefield to his hoojra has he? And is waiting for his begums to win the war for him? The best place to throw the chilli powder would be all over him!Angry
>> ROFL this was absolutely hilarious!

Hugs his teddy bear and goes to sleep with the thumb in his mouth.)
Cho chweet! My Sasha used to do that all the time.
Awww 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Tilottamaasashashyamharshu27lashy

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Joined: 19 November 2007
Posts: 3865

Posted: 09 August 2016 at 9:31pm | IP Logged

                 Babloo and Baby Sarasa listen to the fairy tale Pinnocchio.


                                       Little boy wearing party hat reading book - Family Matters



( It is story time for Baby and Babloo. They carry a very big fairy tale book to grandma.)

Babloo: Grandma...its story time..
Baby: Grandma, here is the book.. 
Grandma: Okay kutties.. What story do you want me to read for you?
Baby: Grandma, I want Cinderella story..It has prince in it..
Babloo: Who is cinderella? Is he the Prince?
Baby: Noo.. It is a poor girl.. A good fairy helps her.. She marries the prince..
Babloo: Oh..sissy stuff.. Baby'kka, you know the story..why do you want grandma to read it again? I want Pinnocchio story.. 
Baby: Do you know who is Pinnocchio?
Babloo: Noo...But once I lied to mummy and cried with the pretend tummy ache..
She found out and scolded me.. She said that if I tell lies, my nose will grow longer. like Pinnocchio.Big smileBig smile
Baby: Grandma,  I am  older..me first..I want Cinderella story..
Babloo: No..I will cry.. I want Pinnocchio.. 
G'ma: Shhh!.. quiet ! Baby , Babloo is your little brother, no? I will read Pinnocchio first for him.. You can also listen to it..
Babloo: Yes, Baby'kka,  I will listen to the story and go to sleep  and then grandma will tell you Cinderella story.. okay?
( So after coming to an agreement, Grandma reads out the story Pinnocchio to the kids)
G'ma: So..once upon a time there lived a toy maker and he made beautiful toys..
Babloo: Did he make teddy bear?
G'ma: No.. he made wooden toys and he gave them to his neighbourhood  kids to play...So the all the kids liked him..
Baby: And what happened? 
Babloo: 'kka, I will ask questions...Grandma what happened then?
G'ma: And one day he made the toy of a boy and named him Pinnocchio.. He kept it on his table and went to sleep..
Babloo: Did he have dreams?
Baby: You silly boy.. If you sleep, you will get dreams..don't you know that?
G'ma: But the dream is not important in the story... When everybody was sleeping, a fairy appeared before the Pinnocchio toy and made it a real boy..
Babloo: Real boy!..Was he able to talk?
G'ma: Yes.. the fairy made the toy  talk, walk, eat and do all the things that a boy would do..
Baby: How old was he?
Babloo: Did he look like me?
G'ma: Yes.. he looked exactly like our Babloo, with a short stub of a nose like Shyamala aunty described about you..LOL
Baby: LOL
Babloo: ( Laughs and touches his nose)
G'ma: But the fairy also told him that 'if you don't listen to what your parents say or if you tell  lies your nose will grow longer by an inch for each lie and for each act of mischief' ..But Pinnocchio was very mischievous and he did not listen to his parents..
Baby: And did his nose grow longer?
G'ma: It grew longer and he got scared and cried..
Babloo: Then?
G'ma: Then he prayed for the fairy and the fairy appeared before him..Pinnochio cried and said that he won't tell lies thereafter..and will obey his parents.. She felt sorry for him and made his nose to its original size.. And Pinnocchio became a very good boy and everyone liked him..And that is the end of the story..Do you like it Babloo kutty?
Babloo: ( Thoughtfully) Grandma, I want to see the fairy .. Will she come to my room?
G'ma: Why darling? Do you want to ask her anything?
Babloo: Yes .. I will ask her how many lies can I tell for making my nose a little longer? 

Karkuzhali.
                                                                     


                                              
                                


Edited by karkuzhali - 10 August 2016 at 12:27am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

binduprasad41Tilottamaalashyharshu27

Tilottamaa IF-Dazzler
Tilottamaa
Tilottamaa

Joined: 02 June 2016
Posts: 4094

Posted: 09 August 2016 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
@Saraswathi Aunty, 
Hello Aunty...it was fatafati as usual ClapClapClap.

Babloo : No...I will cry...I want Pinnocchio..
Grandma: Shhh...quiet! Baby, Babloo is your little brother, no? I will read Pinnocchio first for him...you can also listen to it...

LOLLOLThis is what my younger brother did with me.In fact he still does Wink. And my mum, dad, grandma said this exact thing to me LOL

Babloo : Yes...I will ask her how many lies can I tell for making my nose and little longer? 

ROFL

Great job, Aunty...thanks for the pm. 


Edited by durgeshnandini - 09 August 2016 at 11:56pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhalisashashyamlashy

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
AkDha's lovely moments Ayushi's poem on AkDha on 1st pg-AKDHA PICS

2 3 4 5

Author: harshu27   Replies: 34   Views: 1496

harshu27 34 1496 21 March 2017 at 11:00pm by harshu27
AKDHA IN KALI MAA'S TEMPLE-DIVINE AKDHA

2 3 4 5

Author: harshu27   Replies: 36   Views: 2057

harshu27 36 2057 22 August 2016 at 7:03am by harshu27
akdha hi akdha

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11

Author: avika444   Replies: 86   Views: 5441

avika444 86 5441 17 November 2015 at 6:12pm by avika444
Same smirks,expressions of parijat akdha- Alvida to Akdha

2 3 4 5 6

Author: Amysheldon   Replies: 42   Views: 6514

Amysheldon 42 6514 30 July 2015 at 12:31pm by Amysheldon
AkDha AT #8 AkDha Paradise~ Two hearts,One soul, One beat, You and Me

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 151 152

Author: .SaduKiFarzi.   Replies: 1212   Views: 66097

.SaduKiFarzi. 1212 66097 24 June 2015 at 12:53pm by harini1482002

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jodha Akbar Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index