Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

*AkDha Admirers Association* #2 (Page 68)

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 08 July 2016 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Dear Akdhaians,
The answer to Q.no.V:
How many sword practices does Jalal do in the show so far? With whom? Quote instances when he is stopped during the sessions. Who are those who stop him?
1. Jalal practises with his soldiers ( epi 3). He is interrupted by the soldier who brings the news about mandir attack.
2. Jalal does solo practice, though surrounded by soldiers. This is after he comes to know that Takatmal was executed by BK. Abdul stops him.( epi 19)
3. With Jodha in Agra for the first time. (epi 49)
4. After Bhagwandas and brothers were released and  leave Agra, he practises  with a soldier and  gets a cut on his hand. Jodha comes there to ask him why he didn't send her along with her brothers. ( epi 72)
5. During Benazir track with Benazir, but stopped on the arrival of Jodha there.(epi 133)
6. After Ruqaiah swaps the harem responsibility to Jodha, Jalal, being upset with Ruqaiah's manoeuvre , does solo. Jodha comes there. (epi. 190).This was probably the best meeting between them.
7. During "The doubting Jodha period "of Jalal. He is doing solo practice. Jodha comes there with Aarti plate.( epi 199)
8. He does it with Jodha in Amer after the "Search of Jodha" section, but it is rather Jodha's practice, which he interrupts.(epi 224)
9.After the confrontation with MA and  after she was sentenced in the DEK,, he fiercely practises with his soldier, thinking about Jodha, unaware of being hurt.  He is stopped by Atgah khan.( epi231)
10.During Ruq's fake pregnancy  track, Adam khan "practises", rather fights, with Atga saap, and Atga gets wounded. Jalal interferes and fights with AK. In the process, AK's sword gets broken.(epi 253).

Karkuzhali.

Originally posted by karkuzhali

Hi AkDhaians!
A mini-quiz for you to refresh your memories. All the questions are based on the episodes upto Atifa track.

Q.V. How many sword practices does Jalal do in the show so far? With whom? Quote instances when he is stopped during the sessions. Who are those who stop him ?

All the best!

Karkuzhali.

Edited by karkuzhali - 09 July 2016 at 1:00am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

moni_06.AkDhian.-Felicity-lashyharshu27

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 09 July 2016 at 2:39am | IP Logged
My dear Cindy,
Thank you for attending the Quiz.
Please see the answers I have given in Shagun's posts.
Saraswathi Aunty.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.AkDhian.-Felicity-lashyharshu27

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 11 July 2016 at 2:02am | IP Logged
My very dear Akka,

Here I am, back again like a bad penny, after have fallen off the radar for over a week.

This one is tailormade to make the errant readers, and me in the first placeWink, feel guilty. Me all the more so as I was not in the celebration thread either! But Baby should not mind, for she knows by now that I am addicted to her doings, and will always catch up with her, and them, even if  a bit late at times!

By the way, I always used to wonder how Bo Peep's sheep managed to leave all that mud behind after rolling in it! I never had to deal with obstreperous sheep, but I had Sasha, and the amount of mud from our  garden in Belgrade  that he used to track into the house, despite pleadings, coaxings, scoldings and the occasional spanking, and this  from the ages of 2 to 5, was enough to drive me up the nearest wall. Bo Peep  must had some special mantra!

Shyamala

My Rhyme:

[Inspired by]

Little Bo-Peep, has lost her sheep
And can't tell where to find them
Leave them alone, and they'll come home
Leaving their tails behind them.

Little Bo-Peep found her sheep
Wandering near the lake shore
Rolling in the mud, and they'll come home
Leaving the mud behind them.

My Version:

Little Baby Sarasa has lost her fans
And can't tell where to find themCry
"Leave them alone ,and they'll be back home
To read your posts in the forum!"

Little Baby Sarasa found her fans
Busy in the  the Celebration thread
"Leave them alone, they'll be back home
And read all your posts and'll be always  ahead..Big smile"

Karkuzhali.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

.AkDhian.karkuzhali-Felicity-harshu27lashy

sorathsheikh IF-Rockerz
sorathsheikh
sorathsheikh

Posted: 11 July 2016 at 2:10am | IP Logged
Me back Big smile Koi Ha ? LOL Kahan ho sab Aa jao 

.AkDhian.-Felicity-lashyharshu27

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 11 July 2016 at 2:35am | IP Logged
My dearest Baby and Babloo,

So this is what happened! I was wondering at your collective no show, especially of you two, my pets!

I kept your bajjis - potato, onion, green banana and paneer -  nice and hot for you all afternoon, and when you did not turn up, I ate all of them. That gave me a stomach ache the next day - remember that, you two, when you next want to gobble up  a large plateful of scrumptious looking (Grandma, come to the rescue please!) bajjis - but it was worth it!!

Never mind, I shall made a fresh lot for you, and rava uppuma  as well, plus the sojji  and badamkheer, when you finally turn up. It will have wait at least till August, for it has been raining cats and dogs in Pune for the last week. Now don't ask me why it is cats and dogs, for I do not know! I will try and find out and add that here as a post script, but you do not have to bother with that.

OK, I am marking the best parts in this account of your latest adventure in blue, and my comments as well.

Love to you both. Will you share some of it  with  your Grandma, my Saraswathi Akka ? You will? Good kids! ?See you soon, I hope!

Shyamala Aunty

PS: As for "raining cats and dogs, the only halfway sensible explanations I could find were the following. You can take your pick, Saraswathi Akka.

- Cats and dogs" may come from the Greek expression cata doxa, which means "contrary to experience or belief." If it is raining cats and dogs, it is raining unusually or unbelievably hard.

- "Cats and dogs" may be a perversion of the now obsolete word catadupe.  In old English, catadupe meant a cataract or waterfall.  (A version of catadupe existed in many old languages.In Latin, for example, catadupa. was borrowed from the classical Greek , which referred to  the cataracts of the Nile River).  So, to say it's raining "cats and dogs" might be to say it's raining waterfalls.

Baby Sarasa's change of plans to go Agra and Pune.

(Baby Sarasa and her en tourage  are waiting at Agra Fort for the Genie and his Magic carpet to proceed to Pune  responding to Shyamala aunty's invitation . Genie comes)****

Babloo: Why Genie, you are late..
He has developed  the typical authoritarian  attitude towards his staff!Wink

Genie: Oh master, there is a change in our travel plans..
Shagun: What?
Genie: The weather conditions in Pune is not conducive to our journey..The forecast is sharp showers today and thunderstorm tomorrow... The Meteorological Department has warned people to avoid travelling by Magic Carpets...
The Genie seems to have acquired a Johnsonian tendency to use such words. Baby, I am truly impressed that you could  understand it, for you did not talk of getting the dictionary!Wink
Baby: ( Disappointedly) Ohhh.. then we can't go and see Shyamala Aunty.. What will we do with the snacks that grandma made?
Babloo: Baby'kka, don't worry..we'll give it to white dress grandma.. She will taste them and give it to Jalal uncle..
Grandma: Angry( thinks) Yes... serves her right... by the time she finishes tasting the whole lot, half of her teeth will be gone..Some one remarked in the JA Forum  three years back that she showed all her 64 teeth...
Exactly. She can afford to deal with the consequences of eating the porulvilangai urundai. The mind boggles at the prospect of Maham with her jaws glued together and at least 20 teeth missing!WinkWink

Baby: What to do now?
G'ma and Shagun: Let's go back home. We'll go and see Shyamala Aunty after some time..
Baby: Yes ..we will take some nice sweets for her..
Babloo: Yes..nice ulundai...not cricket ball ulundai...
Genie: I wait for master's orders..
Babloo: Genie, we want to go home...

( So they return home disappointedly.)

(The next day...Shagun, grandma, Baby and Babloo are in conversation. Bindu comes there..)
Bindu: Hi aunty, You have come back soon... did you  see  Shyamala Aunty? Had I known about your plans before I would have come..
G'ma: No Bindu.. we didn't go..
Baby: We came back from Jalal's place..
Babloo: Yes Bindu'kka, Genie said it is raining in Pune.. How does he know?
Baby: Because he is a magic man..
Bindu: Oh... so you didn't go then..   When you go next time, I will also come..I also want to see her..
Baby: Akka we 'll all go and see Jalal uncle and Jodha Akka first.. and then we'll go to Pune..
Babloo: Bindu'kka, so many akkas and aunties also want to come with us in the Magic Carpet...Grandma said that we have to take them...Shagun'kka is taking the list...
Bindu: Oh.. then it will be fine.. It will be like an excursion in school..
Babloo: What is 'skursion 'kka?
Baby: Babloo.. I went once with  my class.. My teacher took us.. We had to take lunch box, water bottle, hat everything..and we had to pay money..for the Bus..
Babloo: Why did you buy ticket? are you not three?
Now this is too much! He seems to assume that one can go as a freeloader even at 5! In Paris 30 years ago, he would surely have tried his hand at the then very popular local pastime of cheating the metro by travelling multiple times on a single ticket. WinkI used to see so many metro tickets with multiple punching holes in them. Then the Metro management wise up and installed machines that swallow your ticket at the entry point.
Bindu: Who are all wanting to come?
Babloo: Bindu'kka, it's Aarti'kka, Harshu'kka, Manasi'kka, Lashy aunty..
Baby: No.. Lashy aunty didn't say she will come.. she said she has lot of work to do..She writes story..
Babloo: Is it fairy tale? I like fairy tales..does she know "Jack and the Beanstalk"?
Bindu: No no Babloo dear, she writes story for big people..
Babloo:Shocked What..? For big people?  Will  they sleep only if they listen to stories?..
This last is as delightful as it is entirely logical!
Shagun: Bindu di, how about going to Jalal's palace and see him first, and then plan our Pune trip after we get clearance from the Met. Department..
Bindu: That's a good idea..but shouldn't there be a reason for us to go there? We cannot simply barge in like that..
Shagun: What reason can we think of?  The birthdays of Jalal and Jodha will be in October.. not now..And their wedding day is in February..already gone..
Baby: Shagun akka...We will celebrate the third  birthday of the show with Jalal uncle and Jodha Akka..Howzzat?Big smileBig smile

Karkuzhali.

*****Those who have any doubt  about the Magic Carpet are requested to refer to page 44 of this thread for clarification, where Baby Sarasa's post titled" Shyamala Aunty visits Baby Sarasa and Babloo" and Shyamala Aunty's response thereunder appear.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

.AkDhian.karkuzhali--cute.manasi---Felicity-harshu27lashy

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 11 July 2016 at 5:10am | IP Logged
My dear Shyamala,
I am very happy to see you after a very very long time. I am sure it is the same with Baby and Babloo as well
Thank you very much for your comments on my posts.
Yours

Saraswathi Akka.

Baby Sarasa and Babloo write a letter to Shyamala Aunty.

Baby Sarasa: Grandma, Shyamala aunty  has written a letter to me.. I want to write a reply to her.
Babloo: No,grandma, Shyamala aunty has written to me..She has written "my dearest Babloo.".that is me...
Baby: No she has written my name first..The letter is to me only..Angry
Babloo: NO..I want to write a reply..
Baby: How will you write? You don't know how to write..
Babloo: Yes, I can write. I know to write A B C D ...
Baby: You don't even know how to write your name..
Babloo: Doesn't matter, Aunty knows my name..
Baby: Do you know the spelling of aunty's name?
Babloo: What? what is 'felling'?
Baby: I spell my name as B ,A,B,Y. That is spelling..
Babloo: I will ask grandma the 'felling' She will tell me..
G'ma: Shh, don't fight.. Both of you tell me what to write, and I will write. Then both of you can write your names down.
Baby: How will you start grandma? 
G'ma: My dear .. no..no.., Our dearest Shyamala Aunty...,
Babloo: Grandma, write"We want to see you.. send me the magic carpet"
Baby:Angry Babloo, it is rude.. you should not order Aunty like this.. you should say, 'please'..
G'ma: Okay.."Aunty we want to come and see you again...Can you please send us the magic carpet?.."  and then?
Baby: "We will bring sweets for you..What sweet do you want aunty?"
Babloo: Aunty likes all sweets..
Baby: How do you know? Don't talk as if you know everything..
Babloo: Yes..I know everything.. I know what she likes..
Baby:Tell me what she likes..
Babloo: She likes..likes..She likes ..me and you..
G'ma: ( laughs)..Yes, Of course, she likes you both.. continue the letter..
Baby: Aunty has written that it rains cats and dogs..and asked us to wait till August..mmm(thinks) what to do?
Babloo: Grandma, ask Aunty to keep two cats and 3 dogs for me to play.. I like puppies and kitten. Will it rain puppies grandma?
Baby: How does grandma know? you should ask Shyamala aunty..
G'ma: Okay, "Aunty, we will come and meet you in August, after the rainy season is over.." Is it Okay?
Baby: Then ask aunty to make Gulabjaamun for me..
Babloo: And chocolate for me..
Baby: Aunty can't make chocolate at home. She will buy..she likes Lindt  choco ball with caramel centre..
G'ma: Yes..I also like it..
Babloo:ShockedWhat?, Do grandmas and aunties eat chocolates? I didn't know..
Baby: You don't know so many things..
G'ma:Stop your fight..I will finish the letter, then you can write your names..below      " ... and when we come, we will bring grandma also.."
Baby,Babloo: GRANDMA!  We never asked you write that!ShockedShocked We won't write our names below!

Karkuzhali.

.AkDhian.sashashyamharshu27lashy

.AkDhian. Goldie
.AkDhian.
.AkDhian.

Posted: 11 July 2016 at 10:09am | IP Logged

Baby Sarasa: Grandma, Shyamala aunty  has written a letter to me.. I want to write a reply to her.
Babloo: No,grandma, Shyamala aunty has written to me..She has written "my dearest Babloo.".that is me...
>>LOLLOL
>>Babloo is very smartLOL
>>feshal class and now fellingROFL
G'ma: Shh, don't fight.. Both of you tell me what to write, and I will write. Then both of you can write your names down.
Baby:Angry Babloo, it is rude.. you should not order Aunty like this.. you should say, 'please'..
>>Aww..baby,you are such a good girlHug
G'ma: Okay.."Aunty we want to come and see you again...Can you please send us the magic carpet?.."  and then?
>>LOLLOL
>>She likes Jalal uncle tooLOL
Baby: Aunty has written that it rains cats and dogs..and asked us to wait till August..mmm(thinks) what to do?
Babloo: Grandma, ask Aunty to keep two cats and 3 dogs for me to play.. I like puppies and kitten. Will it rain puppies grandma?
>>This is the most hilarious lineROFLROFL
G'ma: Okay, "Aunty, we will come and meet you in August, after the rainy season is over.." Is it Okay?
Baby: Aunty can't make chocolate at home. She will buy..she likes Lindt  choco ball with caramel centre..
>>LOL
>>It's okay,baby..Babloo kanna is still a kid naLOL
G'ma:Stop your fight..I will finish the letter, then you can write your names..below      " ... and when we come, we will bring grandma also.."
Baby,Babloo: GRANDMA!  We never asked you write that!ShockedShocked We won't write our names below!
>>ROFL

Karkuzhali.

karkuzhalisashashyamharshu27lashy

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 11 July 2016 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
My dearest Baby and Babloo (and Saraswathi Akka as well),

Your letter has not yet reached me, so I presume you are still  arguing with each other and with your Grandma. Never mind, I will take it that  you have said all that Grandma had drafted for you. Yes, I know, draft is a new word. However, Grandma, having worked in a government office, is an expert both in drafting and in explaining what a draft isWink. So you can ask her.

Next, kids, no fighting over me! I love you both  and I want you to come over to Pune and visit me as soon as the rains here are over.I will consult the Meteorological Department here  - they are the ones who try and predict what the weather will be like  - and choose a good date, when your schools will be having  a vacation for a few days at least.

I will book the magic carpet from the Flying Carpet Rentals in advance so as to get the biggest discount, like plane tickets bought in advance, and the Genie attached to the carpet will take care of everything else.

Baby, I will ask them to send a lady Genie, so that she will take orders only from a woman, that is Grandma (I am sure you will not leave her behind, you naughty imps!) or you. Would you like that? Babloo, don't sulk, there is a good boy! You had two chances ordering the Genie around, and now it is Baby's turn!

Now sit down quietly and read my comments in blue about the various things in your letter that  never came!

Lots of love from,

Shyamala Aunty

My dear Shyamala,
I am very happy to see you after a very very long time. I am sure it is the same with Baby and Babloo as well
Thank you very much for your comments on my posts.
Yours

Saraswathi Akka.

Well, Baby, when I say Baby and Babloo, it means to both of  you. But of course your name  comes first!Wink

No, no, Babloo, that is not what you should say. You should say that all senior people have someone else, a secretary,  to write down that they dictate, and you are going to do the same. That will silence Baby, at least for  a little while!Wink

Atta boy, Babloo! That is one of the neatest comebacks I have heard in a long time!Clap Akka, now get ready to explain that he is not coming back from anywhere, for that is exactly the question that is hovering on his lips!Wink

Now this is called masculine assertiveness!
Yes, Baby  is a little diplomat already. An IFS officer in the making, no less!
A quick recovery, this one. The boy has his wits about him! Note that the me comes first, as always. Wink
No, Babloo, not even for you! I dislike cats, and dogs are a lot of trouble. I like other people's dogs, with whom I can play for a bit without having to look after them, So if you want any dogs to play with, you have to bring them with you AND take them back!

OK, now that it comes to my mind, there are two large dogs with the family in the ground floor flat. One is a black Labrador which is said to weigh 60 kilos, and the other  is  a very ugly bulldog. But they are both safe, so Babloo, you can play with them.
I can't make  gulabjamun either! But I will make nice coconut laddoos for you, with fresh coconut. You will like that. And you can have Lindt chocoballs, sea salt with caramel centres, as well.
Of course we do,my little one! Lots!
Aha, so this is why I never got the letter! Wink But  you must bring Grandma too, kiddos, so that she can have fun too. Won't it be sad  to leave her all alone in Sydney while you both have enjoy yourselves with me here? Agreed? Good!

See all three of you come September, by when the rains in Pune should be totally over. So you can both float in the swimming pool on the 10th floor terrace,  with inflated buoys  around your waists, and if you know how to swim, Baby, you can have a lot of fun in the kiddie pool. Won't that be nice?

Karkuzhali.

.AkDhian.karkuzhali-Felicity-lashy

Go to top