Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

*AkDha Admirers Association* #2 (Page 53)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 25 June 2016 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
No, no, Akka, you have the wrong adjective! Not the wrong side of 70, but most definitely  its right side. Say around 35? What say?

Shyamala

Originally posted by karkuzhali

Hi Shyamala, 
If what I guess about your  age is correct, you must be in your mid fifties at that time. But I am on the wrong side of seventy. Be considerate about the age difference!

Your Akka.

Originally posted by sashashyam

Ha ha! Look who is cribbing! When I was posted  in Ottawa from 2004-2007, there were times when the mercury came down to MINUS FIFTY DEGREES CENTIGRADE!  No kidding! 

When I was Ambassador in Manila 10 years earlier, and my Canadian colleague told me this - they used to have  a board in their Embassy lobby showing the daily temperatures in Ottawa,and they were very proud when it touched - 50 degrees C! - I did not quite believe it, but it is true. When you get out of the house, no matter how well you are wrapped up, with only the nose showing, breathing becomes difficult.

Shyamala

Good Morning AkDhaians!
It is Fre..ezinggg!!! 0 degree C.!!

Saraswathi Aunty/akka/daadi/ periyamma.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhali

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 25 June 2016 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
May be mentally younger than a teenager, but physically not definitely 35!
Akka.

No, no, Akka, you have the wrong adjective! Not the wrong side of 70, but most definitely  its right side. Say around 35? What say?

Shyamala

Hi Shyamala, 
If what I guess about your  age is correct, you must be in your mid fifties at that time. But I am on the wrong side of seventy. Be considerate about the age difference!

Your Akka.

Ha ha! Look who is cribbing! When I was posted  in Ottawa from 2004-2007, there were times when the mercury came down to MINUS FIFTY DEGREES CENTIGRADE!  No kidding! 

When I was Ambassador in Manila 10 years earlier, and my Canadian colleague told me this - they used to have  a board in their Embassy lobby showing the daily temperatures in Ottawa,and they were very proud when it touched - 50 degrees C! - I did not quite believe it, but it is true. When you get out of the house, no matter how well you are wrapped up, with only the nose showing, breathing becomes difficult.

Shyamala

Good Morning AkDhaians!
It is Fre..ezinggg!!! 0 degree C.!!

Saraswathi Aunty/akka/daadi/ periyamma.

sashashyam

-.Dark_Aura.- Goldie
-.Dark_Aura.-
-.Dark_Aura.-

Posted: 25 June 2016 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
What's going here. .?

karkuzhali

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 12:29am | IP Logged

Dear Shikka,
A very good question!ROFL
The proper person to answer you is Shagun, and I hope she will do it!LOLWink

Saraswathi Aunty.

Originally posted by shikha26rockss

What's going here. .?

harshu27

-.Dark_Aura.- Goldie
-.Dark_Aura.-
-.Dark_Aura.-

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Actually im asking bout baby,babloo etc.
sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Akka,

This is great fun. You have the tone and tenor of kiddie conversations down so pat that I begin to suspect that you are indulging in koodu vittu koodu paikirathu ( transmigration, for non-Tamilians)!

My favourite parts, and my comments, are in blue as usual.

Shyamala

Baby learns the meaning of 'reluctant companions' from grandma.

(Grandma  is reading Shyamala's posts and is laughing to herself.. Baby and Babloo come there.)

Babloo: What are you doing grandma?
Baby: Why are you  laughing grandma...? Is it a joke?
G'ma: No, no,no kutties.. I am reading Shyamala aunty's posts. Her posts are fun to read..
Babloo: Show me grandma..Is it like a cartoon? I like Dennis the Menace..
He would! He is  a pretty good menace himself! Wink
G'ma:: Babloo dear, she can't draw, she only writes.. But she writes picturesquely...
Baby: What are you saying G'ma.. you speak like Shyamala aunty..I don't understand.. It is a big word.. 
Babloo: I also don't understand.. 

Methinks these Johnsonian tendencies are catching. Grandma is only at picturesquely  today, God knows what tongue twister she will come up with next!Wink

Baby: Tell me what she has written..
G'ma: She says that I should not tell you what she has written..because you will get angry with her and think badly about her...
Babloo: IS SHE AFRAID OF US?
Baby: Do we scare her?
Which is undoubtedly a pleasing prospect for this Terrible Twosome!Wink
G'ma: She has written something about Jalal uncle..
Babloo: Good or bad?
Baby: She wouldn't write bad about him, because she likes him..she is not enemy to Rajat uncle..
Babloo: Then who is enemy to Rajat uncle?
Baby: G'ma is Ekta aunty enemy to Rajat uncle?, because she showed his head cut off in the show Naagin..
Babloo: (shrieks) WHAT? did you see that? Won't we see Rajat uncle again?

A logical conclusion, but Babloo dear, they cut off the wrong head. It should have been Ekta's, which would have done Hindi TV a lot of good!Wink

Baby: No, grandma saw  it, and had 104 degrees fever..Doctor came and gave injection..
Babloo: To whom? To Rajat uncle?
Baby: You silly idiot...Doctor gave injection to grandma..

This whole lot is scrumptious, but the above part takes the cake, especially Grandma's high fever from the shock of seeing a decapitated Rajat/Kabir!

Baby: ( to grandma) tell me grandma, why did Ekta aunty make Jalal have wounds in the chilli powder war and had his head cut off with an axe in Naagin?
Babloo: Grand ma.. don't tell me about Naagin ... It is scary..
G'ma: Okay,okay..Ekta and Rajat uncle are friends..
Baby: Grandma, then why did she make Jalal uncle have wounds and got arrested by enemy?
G'ma:  Shyamala aunty says that they are reluctant companions..
Babloo: QuestionConfused(Stares at grandma.)
Baby: Again big words...
G'ma: You must learn to look into the dictionary for meanings kutty.. Sandya aunty presented you with a dictionary, didn't she?
Baby: But that is very bi...g and heavy  grandma.. She asked me to learn 10 words everyday.. I have not even completed alphabet "A''...
Babloo: Do you read it at home Baby'kka? Don't you watch TV?

In Babloo's dictionary (pun intended!), the only acceptable pursuit while at home  is to watch TV. No wonder the youngsters today are myopic and overweight!

G'ma: They are friends only. But not always.. She is so fond of Rajat uncle, that she sometimes tests him like this to see if he acts well in the serial..
Baby: How can any one act well with wounds?
Babloo: Grandma, he will only cry..If I have wounds, I will also cry..

Babloo  has not watched Jodha Akbar properly. If he had, he would have understood that  Jalal uncle does not need to be wounded in order to cry.WinkHe can and does cry in and out of season, and in buckets, at that!

Baby: G'ma I saw Rajat uncle as Kabir in "Naagin"..I don't like him as a bad guy..If Ekta aunty is his  friend, why did she show him bad?
Babloo: G'ma, Is Rajat uncle good or bad?
G'ma:  ( to herself) How I wish Shyamala answers all their questions! Yes, I am sure you do!Wink
Baby: G'ma, tell me why Ekta aunty showed him bad in Naagin..
G'ma: Just to know how he acts in bad roles..Shyamala aunty said he acted very well...Don't worry..Ekta is going to have you Rajat uncle in her next serial, Chandragupta.
Babloo: How nice! Is it about the moon? 
Oh Lord! This is priceless!ClapClap
G'ma: No..It is about a King who lived 2500 years ago..
Babloo: How did they count the years grandma?  

Good question! The kid has a logical mind, which is more than one can say for Ekta!
Baby: Older than Jalal uncle?Shocked
Babloo: Will  Shyamala aunty tell us stories like you when we go to her house grandma?
Baby: Yes kutty..she will .. but we can't understand it..

Now this is what is called unwarranted pessimism! OK, Akka, now get busy explaining unwarranted & pessimism!Wink
Babloo: Then we will take the biggg book with us Baby'kka, to know the meaning!Smile
G'ma:Big smile

I am sure the magic carpet has weight restrictions for carry on luggage. It must be already reeling at the prospect of such a large passenger list.  So no dictionary please, kids!

Karkuzhali.

Same procedure as before, Akka.

Updated best questions count: 14, not counting straight sentences, no  matter how funny they are.

Shyamala

(Continues from P 49...)

( Grandma continues her story...)

Baby: grandma, are Ekta aunty and Rajat uncle are enemies?Confused

(Grandma takes the kids to bed..Let us see whether she answers Baby's question tomorrow.)
"With such tenacious kids, it is not a question of whether, but of how! Grandma, you could tell them that they were reluctant companions! Then you can spend another 10 minutes explaining reluctant, companion, and how all this applied to Jalal and Ekta. That will make for nice going!"

karkuzhali

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 4:29pm | IP Logged

Dear Shikha,
Baby Sarasa and Babloo are imaginary characters..
Months ago,during my conversation with Shagun and Bindu, I told them that I got rejuvenated with the association of youngsters like them, and they invited me to become a member of the AkDha Admirers Association. I asked them to make me a teenager, but in their over enthusiasm, they made me a five year old Wink. From then on I am known as Baby Sarasa which gave me immense pleasure to write as a five year old. Baby Sarasa became popular and eventually had a fan following- of course only a few- but the chief one being Shyamala Aunty.
Baby Sarasa's contribution is widespread in Shagun's AAA thread and Shyamala Aunty's "Of Human Bondage Thread"...Babloo , a three year old is the latest addition.
Shagun, Bindu, and Harshu are her family members..LOL
Well, hope you now understand what is going on here! 

Saraswathi Aunty.

Originally posted by shikha26rockss

Actually im asking bout baby,babloo etc.

Edited by karkuzhali - 26 June 2016 at 4:29pm
karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 26 June 2016 at 5:12pm | IP Logged

My dear Shyamala,
You must be knowing the ThirukkuraL which goes,
"EenRa pozhudil peridhu uvakaum  than maganai
Candron ena ketta thai"
The translation is given as, "When the mother  hears that her son is called a wise person , she will be more happy than she was at the time of his birth."

Your  comments of appreciation in your reply evoke the same feeling in me..
By the way, at the insistence of Baby and Babloo, I read out your post to them. Their comments during the process are given in red.
Thank you Shyamala!

Saraswathi Akka.

Akka,

This is great fun. You have the tone and tenor of kiddie conversations down so pat that I begin to suspect that you are indulging in koodu vittu koodu paikirathu ( transmigration, for non-Tamilians)!

My favourite parts, and my comments, are in blue as usual.

Shyamala

Baby learns the meaning of 'reluctant companions' from grandma.

(Grandma  is reading Shyamala's posts and is laughing to herself.. Baby and Babloo come there.)

Babloo: What are you doing grandma?
Baby: Why are you  laughing grandma...? Is it a joke?
G'ma: No, no,no kutties.. I am reading Shyamala aunty's posts. Her posts are fun to read..
Babloo: Show me grandma..Is it like a cartoon? I like Dennis the Menace..
He would! He is  a pretty good menace himself! Wink
Baby: Yippee..aunty also likes Dennis..
Babloo: Grandma, my mommy reads it to me and tells me the meaning.. Does Shyamala aunty's mommy do that?
G'ma:: Babloo dear, she can't draw, she only writes.. But she writes picturesquely...
Baby: What are you saying G'ma.. you speak like Shyamala aunty..I don't understand.. It is a big word.. 
Babloo: I also don't understand.. 

Methinks these Johnsonian tendencies are catching. Grandma is only at picturesquely  today, God knows what tongue twister she will come up with next!Wink
Babloo: Grandma, how does Shyamala aunty know that mummy puts Johnson's baby powder on me after I have bath! Did you tell her?

Baby: Tell me what she has written..
G'ma: She says that I should not tell you what she has written..because you will get angry with her and think badly about her...
Babloo: IS SHE AFRAID OF US?
Baby: Do we scare her?
Which is undoubtedly a pleasing prospect for this Terrible Twosome!Wink
Baby: What does aunty say grandma, is she afraid of us? Oh God!
Babloo: Why are you calling God baby'kka?
G'ma: She has written something about Jalal uncle..
Babloo: Good or bad?
Baby: She wouldn't write bad about him, because she likes him..she is not enemy to Rajat uncle..
Babloo: Then who is enemy to Rajat uncle?
Baby: G'ma is Ekta aunty enemy to Rajat uncle?, because she showed his head cut off in the show Naagin..
Babloo: (shrieks) WHAT? did you see that? Won't we see Rajat uncle again?

A logical conclusion, but Babloo dear, they cut off the wrong head. It should have been Ekta's, which would have done Hindi TV a lot of good!Wink
Babloo: Grandma, Aunty scares me, is she Ekta aunty's enemy also? 

Baby: No, grandma saw  it, and had 104 degrees fever..Doctor came and gave injection..
Babloo: To whom? To Rajat uncle?
Baby: You silly idiot...Doctor gave injection to grandma..

This whole lot is scrumptious, but the above part takes the cake, especially Grandma's high fever from the shock of seeing a decapitated Rajat/Kabir!
Grandma: Baby dear, you won't understand the meaning of this.. I will look into the dictionary and tell you what she has said..
Babloo: Grandma, did Sandya aunty also gave you the bigg book like Baby'kka has?

Baby: ( to grandma) tell me grandma, why did Ekta aunty make Jalal have wounds in the chilli powder war and had his head cut off with an axe in Naagin?
Babloo: Grand ma.. don't tell me about Naagin ... It is scary..
G'ma: Okay,okay..Ekta and Rajat uncle are friends..
Baby: Grandma, then why did she make Jalal uncle have wounds and got arrested by enemy?
G'ma:  Shyamala aunty says that they are reluctant companions..
Babloo: QuestionConfused(Stares at grandma.)
Baby: Again big words...
G'ma: You must learn to look into the dictionary for meanings kutty.. Sandya aunty presented you with a dictionary, didn't she?
Baby: But that is very bi...g and heavy  grandma.. She asked me to learn 10 words everyday.. I have not even completed alphabet "A''...
Babloo: Do you read it at home Baby'kka? Don't you watch TV?

In Babloo's dictionary (pun intended!), the only acceptable pursuit while at home  is to watch TV. No wonder the youngsters today are myopic and overweight!
Baby: Overweight I know..But what is myopic? 
Babloo: Is it a diaper?

G'ma: They are friends only. But not always.. She is so fond of Rajat uncle, that she sometimes tests him like this to see if he acts well in the serial..
Baby: How can any one act well with wounds?
Babloo: Grandma, he will only cry..If I have wounds, I will also cry..

Babloo  has not watched Jodha Akbar properly. If he had, he would have understood that  Jalal uncle does not need to be wounded in order to cry.WinkHe can and does cry in and out of season, and in buckets, at that!
Baby: Grandma, at first I thought Ekta aunty beat him nicely for him to cry.. But Bindu akka told me that they use glycerine to the eyes..
Babloo: Why didn't you show me Jalal uncle cry Baby'kka? Shyamala aunty thinks bad about me..

Baby: G'ma I saw Rajat uncle as Kabir in "Naagin"..I don't like him as a bad guy..If Ekta aunty is his  friend, why did she show him bad?
Babloo: G'ma, Is Rajat uncle good or bad?
G'ma:  ( to herself) How I wish Shyamala answers all their questions! Yes, I am sure you do!Wink
G'ma: What a consolation!
Baby: G'ma, tell me why Ekta aunty showed him bad in Naagin..
G'ma: Just to know how he acts in bad roles..Shyamala aunty said he acted very well...Don't worry..Ekta is going to have you Rajat uncle in her next serial, Chandragupta.
Babloo: How nice! Is it about the moon? 
Oh Lord! This is priceless!ClapClap
Babloo: Does she say it is free?
G'ma: No..It is about a King who lived 2500 years ago..
Babloo: How did they count the years grandma?  

Good question! The kid has a logical mind, which is more than one can say for Ekta!
Baby:What is logic grandma? She says Babloo has it..Will Shyamala aunty teach me to have it?
Babloo: Baby'kka, aunty says I have it..but you don't ask me..
Baby: Older than Jalal uncle?Shocked
Babloo: Will  Shyamala aunty tell us stories like you when we go to her house grandma?
Baby: Yes kutty..she will .. but we can't understand it..

Now this is what is called unwarranted pessimism! OK, Akka, now get busy explaining unwarranted & pessimism!Wink
Baby and Babloo: What is it?
Grandma: It is not for you kiddoos..It is for me!!LOL
Babloo: Then we will take the biggg book with us Baby'kka, to know the meaning!Smile
G'ma:Big smile

I am sure the magic carpet has weight restrictions for carry on luggage. It must be already reeling at the prospect of such a large passenger list.  So no dictionary please, kids!
Babloo:Then how will I understand Aunty's stories grandma?

Karkuzhali.

Same procedure as before, Akka.

Updated best questions count: 14, not counting straight sentences, no  matter how funny they are.

Shyamala

(Continues from P 49...)

( Grandma continues her story...)

Baby: grandma, are Ekta aunty and Rajat uncle are enemies?Confused

(Grandma takes the kids to bed..Let us see whether she answers Baby's question tomorrow.)
"With such tenacious kids, it is not a question of whether, but of how! Grandma, you could tell them that they were reluctant companions! Then you can spend another 10 minutes explaining reluctant, companion, and how all this applied to Jalal and Ekta. That will make for nice going!"

Edited by karkuzhali - 26 June 2016 at 7:45pm

sashashyam

Go to top