Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

   
Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

*AkDha Admirers Association* #2 (Page 50)

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Joined: 14 February 2005
Posts: 40700

Posted: 23 June 2016 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by karkuzhali

My dear Shyamala, 
While I am happy to read your post which is a quick response to my latest one, I am very disturbed  and not happy to know about the pain and discomfort you are experiencing. The only possible thing you can do  is  pain management.
 I asked my Doc about this RA and he says that  the pain can be brought to a minimum by practising Yoga..I know that you will definitely be exploring all possibilities to bring down the severity, but still I say this for my satisfaction.

Exactly my thoughts... Periyamma
But, I've said it many times already... so didn't want to repeat it again... 


Edited by lashy - 23 June 2016 at 1:11pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyam

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Joined: 19 November 2007
Posts: 4133

Posted: 23 June 2016 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Lashy aunty(?)/akka,
Oh God! Are you still confused? I'm five years old and my cousin  Babloo is three year old.. Grandma says that you are confused because you were talking with other akkas about the age of the boy and girl in your story.

Baby Sarasa.



Originally posted by lashy

Originally posted by karkuzhali

Dear Lashy, 
Don't you want to be called as aunty by a 5 year-old and 3 year-old?
Periamma.


3 year old is you, na? Who is the 5 year old, then? Bindu or babloo? 
And I really liked your lil take... I mean *tale* on Mohan


Edited by karkuzhali - 23 June 2016 at 3:16pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lashy

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Joined: 19 November 2007
Posts: 4133

Posted: 23 June 2016 at 6:42pm | IP Logged

(Continues from P 49...)

( Grandma continues her story...)

Baby Sarasa: Was the tiger from the zoo, grandma?
G'ma: No, Baby.   It belongs to the forest.. It is very nice and won't eat people..
Baby: Is it because it comes in a Fairy tale?
Babloo: Can  I talk to the tiger grandma? 
G'ma: No, you can't..
Babloo: Even if it is in the Zoo?
Baby: No kutty.. If only it was Sher Khan, it would have eaten Jalal uncle..
Babloo: Who is that Baby'kka, you scare me..
Baby:  It is the villain tiger in the "Jungle Book" movie  Babloo.. It also talks.. 
G'ma: Shhh children.. listen to the rest of the story...Jalal and Jodha, returned to the Palace..
Babloo: How did they go? 
G'ma: They came in two horses..They went back riding on them..
Baby: Grandma, won't the tiger eat horses? 
Babloo: Baby'kka.. it is Jalal uncle's horse,  it won't eat..
G'ma: And then after 2, 3years, Akbar went for war.
Babloo:  Did Jodha Akka go with him?
G'ma: No,  so, Akbar fought with the enemy and had lot of wounds on his body..
Babloo:( excitedly) Baby'kka,  you told me this story of Jalal unclegoing to war before..
Baby: Yes kutty, that was real Jalal uncle.. This is Akbar..and it is a fairy tale..
Babloo: But it looks the same..
G'ma: So in the war , the enemy won and he arrested Akbar..
Baby : WHAT? How did Akbar 'llow his enemy to win?
Babloo: Because the fairy tale man did not know that Jodha akka went to the war with red powder..
Baby: Grandma...I don't like this story..Will it have a happy ending?
Babloo: Yes grandma.. It must end with"Lived happily ever after"...Otherwise I will cry in my sleep...
Baby: Who is the Fairy tale writer grandma?
G'ma: Ektha Madam...the one who wrote Naagin for Rajat uncle..
Baby: Grandma, are Ektha aunty and Rajat uncle  enemies?Ouch
(Grandma takes the kids to bed. Let us see whether  she will answer Baby's question
tomorrow)

Karkuzhali.


The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyamlashy

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Joined: 14 February 2005
Posts: 40700

Posted: 24 June 2016 at 12:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by karkuzhali

Lashy aunty(?)/akka,
Oh God! Are you still confused? I'm five years old and my cousin  Babloo is three year old.. Grandma says that you are confused because you were talking with other akkas about the age of the boy and girl in your story.

Baby Sarasa.


Oh sorry...

Since I read Baby Sarasa... I assumed she was the youngest... Embarrassed
So, yeah... I guess, aunty it is then... D'oh

Originally posted by karkuzhali

 
Baby: Grandma, are Ektha aunty and Rajat uncle  enemies?Ouch

LOL


Edited by lashy - 24 June 2016 at 12:47am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhali

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Joined: 04 January 2012
Posts: 13119

Posted: 24 June 2016 at 4:03am | IP Logged
Akka,

I am marking all the most delightful questions from the Baby-Babloo duo -  in fact from Babloo -  in blue. Let me see how many I come up with. And thanks a ton for this diptych treat, with probably one more on its way!

Shyamala

PS: Current count : 7


Originally posted by karkuzhali


Grandma tells Baby Sarasa and Babloo,  EK's fable "Akbar and the Tiger"

(It is story time for the kids. Baby Sarasa and Babloo come to the grandma. They want a new story about their 'favrit' Jalal uncle. Grandma  tells them the story that she had read somewhere today.)

Babloo: Grandma, I want a nice new story today..
Baby: Yes grandma..
Grandma: Okay, Do you want the story of Krishna?
Baby: Noo.. We want a Raja and Rani story..
Babloo: Yes.. It should start with 'once upon a time.'
Grandma: So tell me about which Raja and Rani you want to listen..
Baby: The Raja that we know.
Babloo: The  Rani also that we know...
G'ma: Okay.. mmm...I will tell you a new story about your Jalal uncle and Jodha akka.
Baby and Babloo: Yesss!.( Babloo  gets ready to listen to the story sucking his thumb)
G'ma: Once upon a time there was a King called Akbar...
Babloo: Grandma you said that you will tell us the story of Jalal uncle..But you are  telling about some one else..
Baby: Babloo dear..Jalal is Akbar..
Babloo: Ooh.. How did uncle become Akbar suddenly?
Baby: Grandma said that an old man gave him this name..
Babloo: Is he a priest?

Now this is marvellous! Someone has told Babloo about baptism, perhaps in his school, and so he associates a namakaran with a priest. Or maybe he watched a pandit do a namakaran ceremony at home.
Baby:ShockedQuestion Don't know..don't ask questions.. listen to grandma..
Grandma: And, when he was Jalal he married Jodha.
Babloo: And what did he do with her after he became Akbar?

I would have replied: "He became even more of a joru ka ghulam, if that were possible". This would lead to another series of questions from Babloo about the antecedents of  a joru ka ghulam, and comparisons with his papa vs his mama!
Baby: Shh... Bablooo...
Grandma: One  day he went to the forest with Jodha...
Baby: Like Rama went to the forest with Sita..
Babloo: Yes, like Vikram uncle went with  vedal  grandpa..
G'ma: No you are wrong... Jalal uncle went to the forest to hunt the animals..
Babloo: Ooo...It is scary...
Baby: Babloo kutty, my teacher said Kings will hunt animals..
Babloo: Grandma, did Jalal uncle study in Baby'kka's school?
G'ma: ShockedQuestion
Baby: No.. Poor uncle he didn't study in school..
Babloo: Is it? then why does mommy send me to school.. I will tell her that even Jalal uncle did not go to school...I won't go to school.. I want to become King.
G'ma: And he took a gun with him..
Babloo: Toy gun, or real gun? 
Baby: It must be real gun kutty. Kings are very rich.. They will have only real guns...
G'ma: Real gun..And Jodha thought that Jalal was cruel to kill animals and so she removed all the bullets from the gun..
Babloo:ShockedThen?
G'ma: Then..suddenly a tiger came before them..
( Babloo goes and hugs Baby)
G'ma: Babloo kanna, don't get scared.. The tiger didn't come to kill him.. but it got scared when it saw the gun and thought Jalal would shoot ...
Baby: See Babloo, the tiger is so..o nice...
Babloo: And then what happened grandma?
G'ma: Then Jodha told Jalal that she removed those bullets..
Baby: ShockedThen did the tiger attack Jalal uncle?
Babloo: and Jodha akka?
G'ma: No. kutties. The tiger was very nice.. He told Jodha " you saved my life.. Hereafter you are my friend.." and went away...
Baby: Did the tiger speak? In the "Jungle Book " movie all animals speak.. they have names too..
Babloo: What is the name of the tiger grandma?
G'ma: Mohan!..
Babloo: Is it from the Zoo? My daddy took me to the zoo and I saw a tiger called Mohan there..
G'ma: QuestionQuestion

Karkuzhali.

P.S. Shyamala, this is as per your wish...


The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lashy

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Joined: 04 January 2012
Posts: 13119

Posted: 24 June 2016 at 4:13am | IP Logged
Same procedure as before, Akka.

Updated best questions count: 14, not counting straight sentences, no  matter how funny they are.

Shyamala


Originally posted by karkuzhali


(Continues from P 49...)

( Grandma continues her story...)

Baby Sarasa: Was the tiger from the zoo, grandma?
G'ma: No, Baby.   It belongs to the forest.. It is very nice and won't eat people..
Baby: Is it because it comes in a Fairy tale?
Babloo: Can  I talk to the tiger grandma? 
G'ma: No, you can't..
Babloo: Even if it is in the Zoo?
Baby: No kutty.. If only it was Sher Khan, it would have eaten Jalal uncle..
Babloo: Who is that Baby'kka, you scare me..
Baby:  It is the villain tiger in the "Jungle Book" movie  Babloo.. It also talks.. 
G'ma: Shhh children.. listen to the rest of the story...Jalal and Jodha, returned to the Palace..
Babloo: How did they go? 
G'ma: They came in two horses..They went back riding on them..
Baby: Grandma, won't the tiger eat horses? 
Babloo: Baby'kka.. it is Jalal uncle's horse,  it won't eat..
He is already familiar with the term "special treatment" or the VVIP culture!Wink
G'ma: And then after 2, 3years, Akbar went for war.
Babloo:  Did Jodha Akka go with him?
G'ma: No,  so, Akbar fought with the enemy and had lot of wounds on his body..
Babloo:( excitedly) Baby'kka,  you told me this story of Jalal uncle going to war before..
Baby: Yes kutty, that was real Jalal uncle.. This is Akbar..and it is a fairy tale..
Babloo: But it looks the same..
G'ma: So in the war , the enemy won and he arrested Akbar..
Baby : WHAT? How did Akbar 'llow his enemy to win?
Babloo: Because the fairy tale man did not know that Jodha akka went to the war with red powder..

This last is the sure fire candidate for the First Prize!Clap
Baby: Grandma...I don't like this story..Will it have a happy ending?
Babloo: Yes grandma.. It must end with"Lived happily ever after"...Otherwise I will cry in my sleep...
Baby: Who is the Fairy tale writer grandma?
G'ma: Ektha Madam...the one who wrote Naagin for Rajat uncle..
Baby: Grandma, are Ektha aunty and Rajat uncle  enemies?Ouch
(Grandma takes the kids to bed. Let us see whether  she will answer Baby's question
tomorrow)

With such tenacious kids, it is not a question of whether, but of how! Grandma, you could tell them that they were reluctant companions! Then you can spend another 10 minutes explaining reluctant, companion, and how all this applied to Jalal and Ekta. That will make for nice going!

Karkuzhali.


The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhalilashy

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Joined: 04 January 2012
Posts: 13119

Posted: 24 June 2016 at 4:19am | IP Logged
My dearest Akka and Lashykanna,

You are both so sweet in your concern about my creaky systemHug!

But I cannot even sit on the ground, so how can I start yoga, that too at my age? Otherwise, I try faithfully to adopt all sort of pieces of advice re: RA given by my dear friends like you, and am thus by now a kind of walking compendium of all possible medical schools of thought on this extremely tiresome affliction. Wink

Let me see what happens over the next 2/3 weeks. In the meantime, your chapters 5 & 6 are next in line, Lashykanna!

Affectionately,

Shyamala/Aunty

Originally posted by lashy

Originally posted by karkuzhali

My dear Shyamala, 
While I am happy to read your post which is a quick response to my latest one, I am very disturbed  and not happy to know about the pain and discomfort you are experiencing. The only possible thing you can do  is  pain management.
 I asked my Doc about this RA and he says that  the pain can be brought to a minimum by practising Yoga..I know that you will definitely be exploring all possibilities to bring down the severity, but still I say this for my satisfaction.

Exactly my thoughts... Periyamma
But, I've said it many times already... so didn't want to repeat it again... 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhalilashy

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Joined: 19 November 2007
Posts: 4133

Posted: 24 June 2016 at 4:39am | IP Logged

Dear Shyamala,
There are Yoga exercises for seniors. They call it "Chair Yoga" with the 'chair cushion comfort'.You can do these exercises sitting on the chair.It is quite popular among us here .There should also be such Yoga exercises there in India. You should try that.

(a sincere) Saraswathi Akka.

Originally posted by sashashyam

My dearest Akka and Lashykanna,

You are both so sweet in your concern about my creaky systemHug!

But I cannot even sit on the ground, so how can I start yoga, that too at my age? Otherwise, I try faithfully to adopt all sort of pieces of advice re: RA given by my dear friends like you, and am thus by now a kind of walking compendium of all possible medical schools of thought on this extremely tiresome affliction. Wink

Let me see what happens over the next 2/3 weeks. In the meantime, your chapters 5 & 6 are next in line, Lashykanna!

Affectionately,

Shyamala/Aunty

Originally posted by lashy

Originally posted by karkuzhali

My dear Shyamala, 
While I am happy to read your post which is a quick response to my latest one, I am very disturbed  and not happy to know about the pain and discomfort you are experiencing. The only possible thing you can do  is  pain management.
 I asked my Doc about this RA and he says that  the pain can be brought to a minimum by practising Yoga..I know that you will definitely be exploring all possibilities to bring down the severity, but still I say this for my satisfaction.

Exactly my thoughts... Periyamma
But, I've said it many times already... so didn't want to repeat it again... 

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
AkDha's lovely moments Ayushi's poem on AkDha on 1st pg-AKDHA PICS

2 3 4 5

Author: harshu27   Replies: 34   Views: 1636

harshu27 34 1636 21 March 2017 at 11:00pm by harshu27
AKDHA IN KALI MAA'S TEMPLE-DIVINE AKDHA

2 3 4 5

Author: harshu27   Replies: 36   Views: 2217

harshu27 36 2217 22 August 2016 at 7:03am by harshu27
akdha hi akdha

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11

Author: avika444   Replies: 86   Views: 5732

avika444 86 5732 17 November 2015 at 6:12pm by avika444
Same smirks,expressions of parijat akdha- Alvida to Akdha

2 3 4 5 6

Author: Amysheldon   Replies: 42   Views: 6716

Amysheldon 42 6716 30 July 2015 at 12:31pm by Amysheldon
AkDha AT #8 AkDha Paradise~ Two hearts,One soul, One beat, You and Me

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 151 152

Author: SatrupaKiAnami.   Replies: 1212   Views: 67321

SatrupaKiAnami. 1212 67321 24 June 2015 at 12:53pm by harini1482002

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jodha Akbar Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index