Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

*AkDha Admirers Association* #2 (Page 49)

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 23 June 2016 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by harshu27

lashy aunty writes story for big ppl so in short she had turned grandma for telling bed time stories for big ppl...ROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Felicity-harshu27

harshu27 IF-Stunnerz
harshu27
harshu27

Posted: 23 June 2016 at 3:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lashy

Originally posted by harshu27

lashy aunty writes story for big ppl so in short she had turned grandma for telling bed time stories for big ppl...ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lashy

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 23 June 2016 at 3:54am | IP Logged
A Fairy tale for the story time.

Based on Aesop's fable, "Androcles and the Lion"

The story in short:
Once upon a time, a slave called Androcles escaped from his master and went into a forest,wandering.  There he saw a lion groaning with pain. He went near him and found a huge thorn got into his paw and he was bleeding. Androcles took pity on the lion, removed the thorn and put a bandage around the paw. So the lion became his friend and Androcles  spent a couple of weeks with him in the forest.. Later the King's men came in chase of the slave, and captured him and the lion. The slave was then sentenced to be thrown in front of the lion. But as soon as the hungry lion came near him, he recognised his old friend,fawned on him and licked his hands..The king came to know of the whole story and Androcles was pardoned...

Moral of the story: Do good to others and you will be rewarded doubly.

The tale in the new form.

Shehenshah and the tiger.
Once upon a time there lived an Emperor called Jalaluddhin Mohammad. He was fondly known as Jalal by his family elders and his Begum-e-Khas, but as Shehehshah for the others.
One day, he went for hunting in the forest with his newly wed  Rajvanshi Begum and with  his newly purchased 5 feet-long  Matchlock (Gun).  He suddenly saw a tiger staring at him..His reflexes made him immediately  shoot at the tiger, but alas , he found that the barrel of the gun was empty . Then the Begum told him how  in order to save the innocent animals,  she removed the bullets  from the gun without informing him.
The tiger, called Mohan, listened to their conversation and  and became happy. He thanked the Shehenshah and his Begum for sparing his life,  and ran away into the forest..The Emperor and the Begum returned safely to the Palace.
After many many years, the Shehenshah who became known as Akbar , a title given by his awam, waged a war against his arch enemy called Abul Mali and the war was fought for 10 days with heavy casualties on both sides..Akbar was captured alive by Abul Mali, and as per the custom followed in those days, he was tied to a pole in the Arena to be eaten by a hungry tiger.  Akbar was praying to God for sending his harem women for help. Poor  Akbar..the tiger was let loose to attack him.. Akbar at once closed his eyes and began thinking about his Begumfolk..
The tiger ran towards the Shahenshah  and what a surprise! It is none other than our Mohan! "Shahenshah"cried the tiger. Akbar opened his eyes slightly and immediately recognised his old acquaintance . After learning from him what had happened, Mohan  pounced on Abul Mali and killed him. 
The haremfolk led by our Rajvanshi Begum arrived there with their bags full  of Red Chilli powder.  But seeing the Shahenshah unharmed and Abul Mali killed by Mohan,  the begum thanked him and got the Shahenshah released with his remaining soldiers.
All of them went back to the palace and lived happily ever after.

Moral of the story: If your wife does good to someone, that someone will do good to you!
                                                        -The End-
(Grandma read this story on- line and decides to tell Baby and Babloo during bed time.)
Karkuzhali.

Edited by karkuzhali - 23 June 2016 at 4:28am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ash67lashy

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 June 2016 at 4:35am | IP Logged
My dear Saraswathi Akka,

I  have been having domestic problems for the last two days, plus the comforting realisation. since yesterday,  that the RA is now spreading to my left hand as well. While I await  further developments on the latter front, the fact remains that my backlog on this thread now begins at page 44 (not to speak of 3 pending chapters on Lashy's new saga). 

I have  a good bit to add by way of comments on that triptych, but I cannot respond to it right now, and in any case, I am more than a little disappointed that you and the kids did not make it to Pune after all. 

But at the same I should perhaps be thanking my lucky stars that you did not wish Maham Anga on me! WinkIt was an excellent idea of  yours to feed her the porivilangai urundai.  From what I remember of the staple jokes in the Deepavali Malars of the Ananda Vikatan,   a judicious serving of that delicacy is guaranteed to 

- gum the consumer's teeth together so that no further articulation is possible,  and 
- break a good number of the aforesaid  teeth. 

As you have noted, Maham has at least 32 teeth to spare, so she will not be hampered in any way, but the first effect of the urundai  would be highly beneficial all round!Wink

This remix of yours is very funny, and not just  for the main story but for the side comments. You must of course have read my open letter to Jalal ( Jodha Akbar 65)  telling him what  would be the most effective  and productive way to deal with Mohan. Anyone interested in that bit of flummery can see it at 
It should be a good accompaniment to the main course of  your remixed story!

Shyamala

Originally posted by karkuzhali

A Fairy tale for the story time.

Based on Aesop's fable, "Androcles and the Lion"

The story in short:
Once upon a time, a slave called Androcles escaped from his master and went into a forest ,wandering.  There he saw a lion groaning with pain. He went near him and found a huge thorn got into his paw and he was bleeding. Androcles took pity on the lion, removed the thorn and put a bandage around the paw. So the lion became his friend and Androcles  spent a couple of weeks with him in the forest.. Later the King's men came in chase of the slave, and captured him and the lion. The slave was then sentenced to be thrown in front of the lion. But as soon as he hungry lion came near him, he recognised his old friend,fawned on him and licked his hands..The king came to know of the whole story and Androcles was pardoned...

Moral of the story: Do good to others and you will be rewarded doubly.

The tale in the new form.

Shehenshah and the tiger.
Once upon a time there lived an Emperor called Jalaluddhin Mohammad. He was fondly known as Jalal by his family elders and his Begum-e-Khas, but as Shehehshah for the others.
One day, he went for hunting in the forest with his newly wedded  Rajvanshi Begum and with  his newly purchased 5 feet-long  Matchlock (Gun).  He suddenly saw a tiger staring at him..His reflexes made him immediately  shoot at the tiger, but alas , he found that the barrel of the gun was empty . Then the Begum told him how  in order to save the innocent animals,  she removed the bullets  from the gun without informing him.
The tiger, called Mohan, listened to their conversation and  and became happy. 

He must be nuts or, in the current lingo, mentally challenged! If he could understand humanspeak, surely he would have cottoned on to the fact that the Shahenshah was now unarmed, and would thus  be easy prey? We know that Jalal would have still given Mohan a run for his money, but how was Mohan to know that? Or was Mohan a newly  accredited member of the International Tigers for Vegetarianism movement? Wink

He thanked the Shehenshah and his Begum for sparing his life,  and ran away into the forest..The Emperor and the Begum returned safely to the Palace.
After many many years, the Shehenshah who became known as Akbar , a title given by his awam, waged a war against his arch enemy called Abul Mali and the war was fought for 10 days with heavy casualties on both sides..Akbar was captured alive by Abul Mali, and as per the custom followed in those days, he was tied to a pole in the Arena to be eaten by a hungry tiger.  

Ergo, Abul Mali must have had a stock of famished tigers for all eventualities. But since he hardly won any wars, I wonder how he kept them from starving to death. Maybe they ate the keepers whenever they opened the cages without due precautions!

Akbar was praying to God for sending his harem women for helpWink. Poor  Akbar..the tiger was let loose to attack him.. Akbar at once closed his eyes and began thinking about his BegumfolkWink..

Now this a cruel  swipe at  my poor Jalal, but  I suppose he asked for  it!Wink

The tiger ran towards the Shahenshah  and what a surprise! It is none other than our Mohan! "Shahenshah"cried the tiger. Akbar opened his eyes slightly and immediately recognised his old acquaintance . After learning from him what had happened, Mohan  pounced on Abul Mali and killed him. 

The haremfolk led by our Rajvanshi Begum arrived there with their bags full  of Red Chilli powder.  But seeing the Shahenshah unharmed and Abul Mali killed by Mohan,  the begum thanked him and got the Shahenshah released with his remaining soldiers.

What about the unused chili powder? What  a waste of an useful commodity!

All of them went back to he palace and lived happily ever after.

Moral of the story: If your wife does good to someone, that someone will do good to you!
                                                        -The End-
(Grandma read this story on- line and decides to tell Baby and Babloo during bed time.)

I bet neither of the kids. being as sharp as they are,  will swallow this one without asking at least  a dozen questions apiece. Now that is what I am looking forward to, Akka!

Karkuzhali.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Ash67.rainy.karkuzhali-Felicity-lashy

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 23 June 2016 at 5:26am | IP Logged
My dear Shyamala, 
While I am happy to read your post which is a quick response to my latest one, I am very disturbed  and not happy to know about the pain and discomfort you are experiencing. The only possible thing you can do  is  pain management.
 I asked my Doc about this RA and he says that  the pain can be brought to a minimum by practising Yoga..I know that you will definitely be exploring all possibilities to bring down the severity, but still I say this for my satisfaction.
Reg my post:
I have made the tiger an idiot. He did not come to attack J&J. He accidentally saw him holding the gun, and became scared. He felt relieved when he knew that the gun was unloaded..That's why instead of attacking them, he shook hands with Jalal and thanked him.Wink
Reg your response:
1. Since you were not present in the forum for the past  3 or 4 days, I did not want to disturb you gatecrashing into your house. But the list of your fans who want to visit you  is steadily growing big.
2. I have already read your open letter to Jalal  when it was posted before, and I give another reading to it now.
3. The Chilli powder was taken back to Agra for future use. I don't know if he used it in his war against Rana Pratap. LOL

Thank you Shyamala for your lovely comments.
Take care
Yours
Saraswathi Akka.

Edited by karkuzhali - 23 June 2016 at 5:41am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyam-Felicity-lashy

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 23 June 2016 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Dear Lashy, 
Don't you want to be called as aunty by a 5 year-old and 3 year-old?
Periamma.

Originally posted by lashy

The Meteorological Department has warned people to avoid travelling by Magic Carpets...
Baby: ( Disappointedly) Ohhh.. then we can't go and see Shyamala Aunty.. What will we do with the snacks that grandma made?
Babloo: Baby'kka, don't worry..we'll give it to white dress grandma.. 
LOL
Bindu: Oh.. then it will be fine.. It will be like an excursion in school..
Babloo: What is 'skursion 'kka?

LOL

Babloo: Bindu'kka, it's Aarti'kka, Harshu'kka, Manasi'kka, Lashy aunty..
Baby: No.. Lashy aunty didn't say she will come.. she said she has lot of work to do..She writes story..
Babloo: Is it fairy tale? I like fairy tales..does she know "Jack and the Beanstalk"?
Bindu: No no Babloo dear, she writes story for big people..
Babloo:Shocked What..? For big people?  Will  they sleep only if they listen to stories?..

Omg periyamma... Broken Heart Lashy aunty... you have promoted me an entire generation... 

This is ROFL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.rainy.sashashyam-Felicity-lashy

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 23 June 2016 at 6:56am | IP Logged

Grandma tells Baby Sarasa and Babloo,  EK's fable "Akbar and the Tiger"

(It is story time for the kids. Baby Sarasa and Babloo come to the grandma. They want a new story about their 'favrit' Jalal uncle. Grandma  tells them the story that she had read somewhere today.)

Babloo: Grandma, I want a nice new story today..
Baby: Yes grandma..
Grandma: Okay, Do you want the story of Krishna?
Baby: Noo.. We want a Raja and Rani story..
Babloo: Yes.. It should start with 'once upon a time.'
Grandma: So tell me about which Raja and Rani you want to listen..
Baby: The Raja that we know.
Babloo: The  Rani also that we know...
G'ma: Okay.. mmm...I will tell you a new story about your Jalal uncle and Jodha akka.
Baby and Babloo: Yesss!.( Babloo  gets ready to listen to the story sucking his thumb)
G'ma: Once upon a time there was a King called Akbar...
Babloo: Grandma you said that you will tell us the story of Jalal uncle..But you are  telling about some one else..
Baby: Babloo dear..Jalal is Akbar..
Babloo: Ooh.. How did uncle become Akbar suddenly?
Baby: Grandma said that an old man gave him this name..
Babloo: Is he a priest?
Baby:ShockedQuestion Don't know..don't ask questions.. listen to grandma..
Grandma: And, when he was Jalal he married Jodha.
Babloo: And what did he do with her after he became Akbar?
Baby: Shh... Bablooo...
Grandma: One  day he went to the forest with Jodha...
Baby: Like Rama went to the forest with Sita..
Babloo: Yes, like Vikram uncle went with  vedal  grandpa..
G'ma: No you are wrong... Jalal uncle went to the forest to hunt the animals..
Babloo: Ooo...It is scary...
Baby: Babloo kutty, my teacher said Kings will hunt animals..
Babloo: Grandma, did Jalal uncle study in Baby'kka's school?
G'ma: ShockedQuestion
Baby: No.. Poor uncle he didn't study in school..
Babloo: Is it? then why does mommy send me to school.. I will tell her that even Jalal uncle did not go to school...I won't go to school.. I want to become King.
G'ma: And he took a gun with him..
Babloo: Toy gun, or real gun? 
Baby: It must be real gun kutty. Kings are very rich.. They will have only real guns...
G'ma: Real gun..And Jodha thought that Jalal was cruel to kill animals and so she removed all the bullets from the gun..
Babloo:ShockedThen?
G'ma: Then..suddenly a tiger came before them..
( Babloo goes and hugs Baby)
G'ma: Babloo kanna, don't get scared.. The tiger didn't come to kill him.. but it got scared when it saw the gun and thought Jalal would shoot ...
Baby: See Babloo, the tiger is so..o nice...
Babloo: And then what happened grandma?
G'ma: Then Jodha told Jalal that she removed those bullets..
Baby: ShockedThen did the tiger attack Jalal uncle?
Babloo: and Jodha akka?
G'ma: No. kutties. The tiger was very nice.. He told Jodha " you saved my life.. Hereafter you are my friend.." and went away...
Baby: Did the tiger speak? In the "Jungle Book " movie all animals speak.. they have names too..
Babloo: What is the name of the tiger grandma?
G'ma: Mohan!..
Babloo: Is it from the Zoo? My daddy took me to the zoo and I saw a tiger called Mohan there..
G'ma: QuestionQuestion

Karkuzhali.

P.S. Shyamala, this is as per your wish...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Ash67.rainy.sashashyamlashy

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 23 June 2016 at 8:41am | IP Logged

Dear Lashy, 
Don't you want to be called as aunty by a 5 year-old and 3 year-old?
Periamma.

3 year old is you, na? Who is the 5 year old, then? Bindu or babloo? 
And I really liked your lil take... I mean *tale* on Mohan

Edited by lashy - 23 June 2016 at 8:40am

Go to top