Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

*AkDha Admirers Association* #2 (Page 44)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 18 June 2016 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Here we go again! ClapIt is delightful, especially when Babloo gets going with his own  brand of entirely consistent logic.  My favourite bits are in blue, as are my comments.

Shyamala

Originally posted by karkuzhali

Baby Sarasa watches with Babloo  the old serial "Bikram aur Bethal"  on You tube.

(Baby Sarasa is playing with Babloo. Suddenly she hears a loud"WOW" from grandma)

Baby S: Grandma what happened? Did you get the shock again? (Runs towards her..Babloo follows)
G'ma: Baby! What a surprise.!. They have uploaded the old serial "Bikram aur Bethal" on You Tube.. I used to watch  with your daddy when he was little..
Babloo: (Surprised) Grandma, what?  How did uncle become little..? Did he say"Abrakadabra"?
G'ma: No No kiddie, it was many many years ago..he was little then..
Baby: Did I also watch it grandma? 
G'ma: No baby! You were not born then...
Babloo: Baby'kka,  You must have been in the hospital...You know,  mommy said I was in the hospital and she brought me from there..
Now this is much better as an explanation that the  old chestnut about the stork. I am sure Baby and Babloo would have no idea what a stork was, and then again, the hospital part is technically accurate!
Baby: Grandma, what is it about? Can we watch it?
Grandma: Yes darling! It is about a king called Vikram and a Bethal, meaning a ghost...It is for the kutties also.. I will connect it with the TV and both of you can watch it on big screen..
(Grandma connects the computer with the TV.  Shagun comes there)
Babloo: Shagun'kka,do  you want to watch what we are going to watch?
Shagun: What is it Babloo kutty?
Baby: It is an old serial Shagun akka, grandma watched it long long ago.. I was not even born..
Babloo: Yes.. she was in the hospital.. 
He never fails to add his two pennyworth, and at times a lot more. Not a shy kid, clearly!Wink
Shagun:(to grandma) What is it grandma?
G'ma: It is the old serial Shagun. Bikram aur Bethal..shown on DoorDharshan, when no other channels were there..I used to enjoy it..
( So all the kids along with the oldest kid grandma, are watching the serial..)
Shagun: Grandma, who is the main actor doing Vikram's role? Looks like Rama in Ramayana..
Baby: What, did Rama carry the ghost when he went to forest?
Babloo: Who is Rama,  Baby'kka? Why is the ghost looking like an old grandpa?
Shagun: No no kiddoos, Rama of Ramayana didn't carry any ghost..he carried only bow and arrow..
Babloo: Did he play with that?
Baby: No no Babloo, Rama had the bow and arrow to kill enemies..
Babloo: Didn't he kill them with red powder?
Now this is impeccably reasoned.  The kid  remembers everything ever said to him, and the context as well. Which is more than you can say about the Balaji CVs, who half the time do not remember what was written the week before!
Baby: Babloo kutty, you  confuse. You talk about Jalal uncle..
Shagun: Grandma, how will it be like if Jalal does the role of Vikram in this serial..?
( laughs)
Babloo: He will carry the grandpa ghost..
Baby:He carries Rahim on his back and does horse ride in his JA serial... So he will know how to carry the ghost..
( They watch the show for a while.. The robbers attack the wedding party and cut off the head of the groom. The bride prays to Goddess Ambi Ma and the head gets fixed to the body and the groom wakes up)

G'ma: (aside , with a sigh) How I wish some one prayed to  Ma Kali  when Kabir's head was chopped off in Naagin and woke him up!
Oho, Akka, that is what you wanted, is it? Wink But you know, it was time for Kabir, who had by then become a very nasty bit of goods, to make his exit.In fact, it would have been far better if Naagin itself had been given similar treatment much earlier, and I would have been ready and willing to play executioner! Not that I watched any episodes other than those with Kabir.

Baby: I dont like it Grandma.. I want Jalal uncle in it..
Here is a real vishiri, or pankha for you!
Babloo: Yes, if he says "Abrakadabra" he will become Vikram uncle..
See! He has an excellent mental retrieval faculty!
Shagun:D'oh

Karkuzhali.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

.AkDhian.karkuzhalimelovesja-Felicity-harshu27

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 18 June 2016 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
My dear Shyamala, 

Thank you for the complimentsHug. But  oh, no,  this is about the JA Forum. Not about me..Please don't make me a big person.
But I have written a poem about me and my feeling,  on P1 in Shagun's new thread "Celebrating # years of Jodha Akbar"   along the lines of "Abou Ben Adhem". It is under the head 
"Messages from fans". Please read.
Don't miss the "JA Diary" also. 
And my latest poem is in Harshu's thread "3 years of epic journey by JA in pictures" on P4  inspired by the poem"The Daffodils" which I studied--memorised-- in my school days.
Yours
Saraswathi Akka.

Originally posted by sashashyam

This is exceptionally well done, Akka, and the metre is perfect, Clapwhich is quite tough to maintain at times with such remixes! But you are the undoubted Remix ki Malika, so these problems rarely bother you!

As for the Member's pet,  no prizes for guessing who that is. You, without the slightest doubt!

Shyamala

My Rhyme:
[Inspired by:]

Chubby cheeks, Dimple chin 
Rosy lips,  teeth within 
Curly hair ,very fair 
Eyes are blue , lovely true 
Mothers pet, is that you?
Yes, yes, yes, yes!

My version:

Fan fiction, full of fun
Jaunty posts, jolly toasts
Funny faces, lovely phrases
Happy read, all accede
Friends around, joy abound
Members' pet, Is that you?
Yes,yes,yes,yes!

Karkuzhali.

Edited by karkuzhali - 18 June 2016 at 4:28pm

.AkDhian.melovesja-Felicity-lashyharshu27

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 18 June 2016 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
Good morning my dear Shyamala,
Your posts have given me the satisfaction of having a delicious breakfast with hot iddlis with Sambar and Kothsu, and Kumbakonam degree coffee!
Thank you!
Am happy that you have time to go through our Baby and Babloo's conversation and also to comment. It is true that I get immense pleasure in writing these pieces, but get more and more of it when I know that you enjoy them. I think it is all because of my association with friends like you and my "don't- know- why- or how"addiction to JA.

Just as I wrote to Ashwinee in my pm to her, we are on the IF Railway platform waiting for the arrival of CGM express, where Shyamala has promised to meet us! Here goes the announcement..
"Attention passengers waiting for the CGM express..The train is expected to arrive shortly on the new platform constructed and the passengers are requested to be ready to board .." "Yaathrin ke dhyaan ke liye..."

Thank you,
Yours,

Saraswathi Akka,

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

.AkDhian.melovesja-Felicity-sashashyamharshu27lashy

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 18 June 2016 at 7:18pm | IP Logged

Shyamala aunty visits Baby Sarasa and Babloo.

(Baby Sarasa is very happy today. Her "I- love- you- so- much" Shyamala aunty is coming to meet Babloo and her. Grandma is making snacks -strangely not referring to recipe books. Babloo and Baby are watching her making them.)

Baby Sarasa: What are you making grandma?
G'ma: I'm making Bajjis kutty. Do you know Shyamala aunty is coming here to see you?
Babloo: WHAT? You are making a lot grandma...will aunty eat this much?  Is she sooo BIG?
Baby: Shh...Babloo, you shouldn't talk about elders like this ..she is my friend you know?
G'ma: No no kutty .. It is for all of us..I have also made Rava Kesari ..
Baby: What is that grandma?
G'ma: It is a sweet made with Sooji, sugar and ghee..Shyamala aunty said she likes it very much..
Babloo: Is it sojji you are making?
Baby: No Babloo..It is not sojji, it is Bajji..
Babloo: How do you make it grandma? 
Baby: She makes it with potato, onion...see, how she has sliced them..
G'ma: Wait a little babies..you can eat them..
(Grandma takes out the bajjis from the wok and puts them on the dish. Babaloo takes one and eats..)
Babloo: GRANDMA! how did you put the veg'able inside the thing? I didn't see you doing it! 
G'ma;(enjoying Babloo's remark) Oh , It's magic kanna..
Babloo:Did you say "Abrakadabra"? I didn't hear you..
Baby:I also didn't hear grandma..
Babloo: Does Shyamala aunty know that you do magic for making bajji grandma?
G'ma: ( laughs)
Baby: I don't think she knows..otherwise she would have told me..
Babloo: Is she your friend Baby'kka?
Baby:( proudly) Yes.. my best friend..She likes kids...She also likes Shagun akka, Bindu akka...
Babloo: ...and me too...
G'ma: Okay kids.. let me clean the kitchen and come..go and ask mummy to dress you in nice clothes..
Babloo: Why is it grandma we always wear nice clothes when anyone comes?
Baby: It is like that kutty.. I have also been doing like that...
( After a while Shyamala aunty arrives.. She carries a bi..gg Teddy Bear and a cute Barbie doll)
( Baby runs towards her and hugs her.. But Babloo stays back  a little hesitant..)
Shyamala aunty: Hi Baby, It's for you..( gives her the Barbie doll and lifts her).
Baby: Thank you aunty..
Shyamala:.Is this your li'l master Babloo? Hi, Babloo.
( Babloo still doesn't move).
Shyamala: (laughs and  to grandma) Aunty, perhaps he is waiting to be introduced..Okay then ..Babloo...I'm Shyamala aunty..Here,  see what I have brought for you.. ( Gives him the Teddy bear)
Babloo: Hi aunty..thank you .. but  Baby'kka said that you are big.. but you look small like grandma...
Baby: Shh Babloo, ( in a softer voice) don't talk like that.. aunty will think bad about me...
Babloo:(Happily) Aunty..I like teddy bear.. can I name him?
Shyamala: Yes kutty..What do you want to name him?
Babloo: JalalBig smile Do you like it? Baby'kka said you like Jalal uncle very much..
Shyamala: Yes kutty but I liked him only till he married Jodha . But I always like Rajat very much..
Babloo: Then I'll call him Rajat aunty!Big smile ( a little confused) What shall I call him? Rajat , or Rajat uncle?
Baby: Aunty, grandma made Kesari and Bajji for you..she said you like them..
Shyamala: Yes kutties.. I can smell the aroma...
Babloo: (secretly to Baby) What is aunty saying?
Baby: We'll ask grandma later...
Babloo: Aunty , grandma did magic to make the veg'able go into the bajji..
Shyamala: Is that so Babloo?
Baby: Yes, she silently said "Abrakatabra" and the potato went inside..

Karkuzhali.

Edited by karkuzhali - 18 June 2016 at 10:36pm

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 18 June 2016 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Oh, oh , oh! Look what is here! I have been immortalised, no less, in The Collected Adventures of Baby Sarasa, which is growing and growing like Topsy! 

I am deeply flattered and would like to thank the whole lot here for such a warm welcome.

And above all, for sarveshu angeshu udaram pradanam ( of all the parts of the body, the stomach comes first), my warmest thanks to Grandma K  for the bajji and the sojji (kesari), which is exactly what I would like on a day like this, with the monsoon beckoning at the horizon! Bajji and sojji, and nice hot Kumbakonam degree coffee! 

Akka, I leave it to you to explain the degree coffee bit to the rest!

Now to business. This is utterly charming, and as usual, I have marked both  my favourite parts and my comments in blue. Till the next one, Akka, which will be very soon, I am sure!

Shyamala 

(Baby Sarasa is very happy today. Her "I- love- you- so- much" Shyamala aunty is coming to meet Babloo and her. Grandma is making snacks -strangely not referring to recipe books. Babloo and Baby are watching her making them.)

There are only a few dishes that I can make with confidence without referring to my mother's personal recipes collection, and bajji  and  sojji feature in this list. So, Baby and Babloo, one fine day soon  you both shall visit me on a flying carpet, and I will make bajji-sojji for you. It is unlikely to be as good as your grandma's but I am sure you will both like it! And we shall make  green banana slices get into the bajjis  as well, and paneer  too, if you like. Howzzat?

Baby Sarasa: What are you making grandma?
G'ma: I'm making Bajjis kutty. Do you know Shyamala aunty is coming here to see you?
Babloo: WHAT? You are making a lot grandma...will aunty eat this much?  Is she sooo BIG?
Poor Babloo has NO idea of how many bajjis  I can consume when I am in the mood, like today!

Baby: Shh...Babloo, you shouldn't talk about elders like this ..she is my friend you know?
G'ma: No no kutty .. It is for all of us..I have also made Rava Kesari ..
Baby: What is that grandma?
G'ma: It is a sweet made with Sooji, sugar and ghee..Shyamala aunty said she likes it very much..
Babloo: Is it sojji you are making?
Baby: No Babloo..It is not sojji, it is Bajji..
Babloo: How do you make it grandma? 
Baby: She makes it with potato, onion...see, how she has sliced them..
G'ma: Wait a little babies..you can eat them..
(Grandma takes out the bajjis from the wok and puts them on the dish. Babloo takes one and eats..)
Babloo: GRANDMA! how did you put the veg'able inside the thing? I didn't see you doing it! 
This reminds me of American friends wondering how we got the hot air into the pooris!Wink
G'ma;(enjoying Babloo's remark) Oh , It's magic kanna..
Babloo:Did you say "Abrakadabra"? I didn't hear you..
Baby:I also didn't hear grandma..
Babloo: Does Shyamala aunty know that you do magic for making bajji grandma?
G'ma: ( laughs)
Baby: I don't think she knows..otherwise she would have told me..
Babloo: Is she your friend Baby'kka?
Baby:( proudly) Yes.. my best friend..She likes kids...She also likes Shagun akka, Bindu akka...
Your  best friend? Baby, my pet, I am so flattered and delighted!A huge Hug for you just for that!
Babloo: ...and me too...
Look at the way in which he adds himself to the Like list, whether it is for Jalal uncle or for me! He does not want to be left out  of anything!
G'ma: Okay kids.. let me clean the kitchen and come..go and ask mummy to dress you in nice clothes..
Babloo: Why is it grandma we always wear nice clothes when anyone comes?
Baby: It is like that kutty.. I have also been doing like that...
( After a while Shyamala aunty arrives.. She carries a bi..gg Teddy Bear and a cute Barbie doll)
( Baby runs towards her and hugs her.. But Babloo stays back  a little hesitant..)
Shyamala aunty: Hi Baby, It's for you..( gives her the Barbie doll and lifts her).
Baby: Thank you aunty..
Shyamala:.Is this your li'l master Babloo? Hi, Babloo.
( Babloo still doesn't move).
Shyamala: (laughs and  to grandma) Aunty, perhaps he is waiting to be introduced..Okay then ..Babloo...I'm Shyamala aunty..Here,  see what I have brought for you.. ( Gives him the Teddy bear)
Babloo: Hi aunty..thank you .. but  Baby'kka said that you are big.. but you look small like grandma...
Baby: Shh Babloo, ( in a softer voice) don't talk like that.. aunty will think bad about me...
Now she is a discreet young lady, even at just 5!
Babloo:(Happily) Aunty..I like teddy bear.. can I name him?
Shyamala: Yes kutty..What do you want to name him?
Babloo: JalalBig smile Do you like it? Baby'kka said you like Jalal uncle very much..
Shyamala: Yes kutty but I liked him only till he married Jodha . But I always like Rajat very much..
What a clever crack! Akka, you have a pawky sense of humour that I never suspected!
Babloo: Then I'll call him Rajat aunty!Big smile ( a little confused) What shall I call him? Rajat , or Rajat uncle?
Baby: Aunty, grandma made Kesari and Bajji for you..she said you like them..
Shyamala: Yes kutties.. I can smell the aroma...
Babloo: (secretly to Baby) What is aunty saying?
Baby: We'll ask grandma later...
Now this is an even more  delightful crack! I do have a penchant for  words that are not so commonly used. It is much  like Dr. Samuel Johnson (of the dictionary fame),  when he was a kid and had hurt his arm,telling his family doctor: Doctor, my agony has abated.Wink You have caught that habit of mine perfectly, Akka! 
Babloo: Aunty , grandma did magic to make the veg'able go into the bajji..
Shyamala: Is that so Babloo?
Baby: Yes, she silently said "Abrakatabra" and the potato went inside..

Yes, like Mrs. Weasley in Harry Potter. Baby, you must ask Grandma to begin reading the Harry Potter books  to you, at least the first one, The Philosopher's Stone. If she will not, then I will do it when you and Babloo come  here to Pune to visit me. Would you like that?

Karkuzhali.

Edited by sashashyam - 19 June 2016 at 12:16am

.AkDhian.karkuzhalimelovesjaharshu27lashy

melovesja IF-Rockerz
melovesja
melovesja

Posted: 19 June 2016 at 12:10am | IP Logged
my dear Akka,

@vikram vetal babloo is so logical and use his knowledge to connect things.Smile
@ cgm you show eagerness very well.Big smile
@ symla @home you fulfil all wishes and use detail abt friend Clap
@ Harshu's thread lines were so beautiful and you always say everything in on go.Star
@ visit pune it's lovely our logical babloo had always perfect point out and you always vivid  reality
with humors.Star  take all of us with you.LOL

Mitali

Edited by melovesja - 19 June 2016 at 1:44am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhaliharshu27

-Felicity- IF-Sizzlerz
-Felicity-
-Felicity-

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 19 June 2016 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Will be reading and replying to your posts soon, Aunty! Big smile

Sorry for the delay.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhali

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 19 June 2016 at 12:53am | IP Logged

Baby Sarasa and Babloo plan a visit to Pune.

( Shyamala aunty leaves Baby Sarasa's house after  chatting with them for a while. Shagun comes there.)
Shagun: Aunty,whose car was that? I saw it going from here..?
Grandma: Shyamala aunty came and just left Shagun..
Shagun: Oh, I missed her.. I wanted to see her,,
Baby: Shagun  akka, do you know what she gave me as present?
Babloo: To me too Shagun'kka?
Shagun: What was it kutties?
Baby:Guess what? I give you 3 chances..
Babloo: I also give you three...what Baby'kka?
Baby: Chances..
Shagun: Let me guess..It should be a doll ..
Babloo: Noo
Shagun: What about you Baby..
Baby: You are right.. but tell me what doll..
Shagun: mmm..let me think..yes..It is a girl doll..right?
Babloo: Right Shagun'kka it is a Barbie doll...a sissy stuff..
Shagun: ( smiling) Where did you learn this word kutty?
Babloo: My friend in my school told me that girl's dolls are sissy stuff..Okay, what is my present?
Shagun: (Thinks) It should be a stuffed toy...because you are a little baby..
Babloo: Not little Baby..Little Babloo..
Shagun: Yes yes...Aunty must have got you your most favourite toy..Is it a small baby doll?
Babloo: No 'kka..I'm a boy.. no baby doll... they are for girls..It is a very biggg toy
Shagun: Yes.. if it is big then it should be a teddy bear...(laughs)
(Babloo also laughs and  shows her the teddy bear)
Shagun: Babloo kutty..It is bigger than you!
Baby: Shagun akka, Shyamala aunty is so sweet..She asked me to come to her house in Magic Carpet..
Babloo: What is that magic carpet 'kka?
Shagun: It is a small mat and if you sit on it and say where you want to go, it will take you to that place..
Baby: How?
Shagun: It flies in the sky..
Babloo: Shall I also come with you?
Baby: Yes you can..She also invited you..
Babloo: Will it have seat belt in it?
Shagun: No.. but you won't fall down..In the  fairy tale "Alladin and the wonderful Lamp,"   the boy Alladin flew over the sky sitting on it..
Babloo: Baby'kka, see, boys don't fall down.. 
Baby: Then can't I come Shagun akka?
Shagun: No no Baby..all of us can go..
Baby: Like I went by the Time machine to Jalal uncle's palace..
Babloo: When did you go Baby'kka, you didn't take me...
Baby: Shagun akka, then will you buy three tickets to go by the magic carpet to Shyamala Aunty's place?
Babloo: Baby'kka... there's no ticket for me ..It's free for me.. I'm only three...
Shagun:LOLLOL

Karkuzhali.

Go to top