Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

*AkDha Admirers Association* #2 (Page 29)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 04 June 2016 at 12:54am | IP Logged
Now, now, Akka, if you start pulling my leg so hard, I shall have, over and above  my RA, which affects my knees, one leg longer than the other. The effects of such a development can be easily imagined!WinkWink

Shyamala

Originally posted by karkuzhali

My dear Shyamala,
Wow! I have hit a Jackpot!!

Saraswathi Akka.

Edited by sashashyam - 04 June 2016 at 12:54am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

melovesja

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 04 June 2016 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Now this is what I would call a telling piece. It  says  a lot, both to the reader and to the characters themselves, ie Baby  Sarasa,  Jodha and Jalal. Very well conceived, Saraswathi Akka!

I am highlighting the parts I specially enjoyed in blue.

Shyamala

Baby travels back to the 16th Century , when Jalaluddhin Mohammad Akbar was ruling over almost the entire Hindustan.
(Shagun, the Prez of the Akdha Admirers' Association, is also an admirer of Baby Sarasa and her adventures..She wishes  Baby to travel to Jalal's  DEK in the 16th century,  by travelling in  a Time Machine..

Baby Sarasa, motivated by her loveable sister, travels back to the mid 16th century...)

Baby lands near Jodha's apartment.
Baby: (thinks)...mm.. whose palace is it? Is it slim aunty's?  No, no it is not..because no shouting is heard  or no things are seen thrown outside... Or is it Rahim's mummy's? But where has Rahim gone? ...
(While she  is thinking, she hears "Hey Manmohana "song.  She goes inside..Jodha is doing arti..Baby is stunned by her beauty..For a moment she thinks Jodha aunty is prettier than her mommy. But suddenly she erases the thought from her mind..'no,no, my mommy is the best..')

This last bit is psychologically perfect. No child will accept that anyone else can overtake her Mummy in any respect. And then  beauty, and much else, lies in the eyes of the beholder!

Jodha: Hey pretty child.. who are you? What do yo want?
Baby: Jodha Aunty, you look very sweet.. Can I call you Akka?
Jo: Sure Baby, here take the prasad...where did you come from? You dress differently.. and, how do you know my name?
Baby: Akka, do you know I come from the 21st Century? There we all dress up only in short clothes and no one will wear like you, or the slim aunty or the white dress grandma..
Jo:(Laughs) Who are all of them?
Baby: Don't you know them? They are all your relatives..
Jo: Oh.. I catch your point..(laughs).( Jodha is pretty sharp, seeing the way in which she cottons on to Baby's cryptic descriptions so quickly!)
By the way, how do you know us?
Baby: We watch Jodha Akbar TV serial ...and I watch you daily.. I want to see Jalal uncle..Can I see him..?
Jo: How could you watch me after 450 years? Do I look old in that? Oho! The vanity of woman!
Baby: No.. you look pretty in that..But I don't know about all these .things.If you want I will ask Ekta aunty and tell you..Can we go to Jalal uncle now?
Jo:Oh, yes.. he is in the DEK after so many days.. Come on..I'll take you there..

(Mothibai comes..)
Moti: Who is this Jodha.. Did you bring this child also like that Babu you brought from the temple?
Jo: No,no Moti...She has come travelling backwards from the 21st century..She wants to see Shahenshah..and I am taking her to the DEK..
( They go to the DEK)
Baby: What is a DEK akka.. My teacher told me that ships have decks.. Is Jalal uncle waiting for us in the ship? A close cousin of handsome- handmany!
Jo:(takes a second to grasp the question) No, no no baby, DEK means a place where people come and make complaint to the king, and the king will solve it..
Baby: Like our Princi's room..
Jo:( Thinks for a second and decides to nod)Yes..yes.. it is like that..Now this is perceptive and very funny.  Jodha clearly has no idea  that Baby is talking about her school principal, but she plays it safe and nods!Which is what many people do often, at times with unexpected consequences!
( They reach the DEK...Jalal sees Jodha entering the DEK with a Five year old pretty girl..His imagination goes wild..)
Jalal: ( Speaks to himself) Oh, how lovely my sweetheart looks..and the pretty baby.. I wish I have a daughter like the little one after I get an heir from my Jodha Begum..(Aloud)..What are we going to discuss today Atgah Saap?
Atgah: Huzoor! No one is having any problem in the sultanate ..Everybody is paying the taxes without grumbling..People are happy..and no one has brought any complaint today Shahenshah..
Jalal: (angrily) Then why did you convene the DEK Atgah Saap? I would have spent more useful time in the Harem..Yes, being harangued by his Ammijaan, Ruqaiya and at times even Salima and Jodha for his acts of commission and omission, mostly wrongly. The chap is a glutton for punishment!Wink
(Suddenly a tiny voice is heard...and Lo! It is Baby Sarasa!)
Baby: I have got a complaint Uncle..
Jalal: Who is there, come out from behind the purdah...
(Baby comes to the aisle...like our elected MPs  do in the Parliament..Rustling noise is heard in the Diwan..)
Baby: Uncle, I always see the slim aunty slapping the tall man in girl's dress..Poor man.. Will you please give punishment to slim aunty?
Jalal: My dear child... This is the only thing that your uncle as Shahenshah cannot do!LOLWink ONLY? Now that is a joke!

( Shagun is sitting staring at the AAA page..Grandma comes there)
Grandma: Hi, Shagun.. what are you looking at? You don't even see me coming..eh?
Shagun: Sorry grandma, I didn't see you coming.. I was watching Baby travelling back to the 16th century to the Akbar's Durbar in the time machineWink
Grandma :???ConfusedConfused

Karkuzhali.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.AkDhian.karkuzhalimelovesja

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 04 June 2016 at 1:13am | IP Logged
No, my little Shagun, you are not dreaming. Nor am I much better. 

What I am feeling is not good but guilty, for not having read so many of these delightful skits of Baby Sarasa, plus having neglected a few other things that I should have done. So now I am doing (a very pleasant) prayaschit!

I missed you too, my pet. But I was in such bad shape so much of the time  that I could not cope at all. You must excuse me. I hope I am somewhat better by the time Chandragupta Maurya comes along.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by -AkDha.Lover-

OMG...Am I dreaming or is Shyamala Aunty really here? Shocked

Missed you a lot Aunty. Hope you are much better now...Hug

And my dear Saraswathi Aunty, what a lively and lovely rhyme. The fun and joy is oozing out from it's words and tone! Loved it. Star Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.AkDhian.karkuzhalimelovesja-Felicity-

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 04 June 2016 at 1:23am | IP Logged

My dear Shyamala, 
You may not know how both Baby and  I missed your comments on our posts..
I now feel like getting the top rank in the public exams!TongueTongue
Please read also the other posts of Baby..

Yours
Saraswathi Akka.
P.S.1. Chandragupt? When is it coming?
      2. Pl read Baby's review of Rajat's re entry in "Naagin"

S.A.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.AkDhian.sashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 04 June 2016 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Akka, 

The last line is a scream! I am still laughing, and can hardly see the screen for tears. 

But that is it,  you know, that the boy is, effectively,  bought and paid for by the girl's parents. Only then, logic would demand that he go to the girl's place, as they do in the Nair community in Kerala, and not the other way around. Given our system, we should have also adopted the custom of an African style bride price! The Muslim meher is far more woman friendly, seeing that our old and sound practice of having her stridhan as the bride's exclusive property has been whittled away to nothing. 

Next best: Baby assuring all and sundry that she will be always smiling and will not need any "condition"! How one can say condition instead of medicine is puzzling, but then Baby  was always an original! As you are,  come to think of it!

Shyamala

Baby Sarasa gives more ideas to the wedding of the Jalal-Jodha Dolls.

(Baby Sarasa is in  serious  discussion with Shagun Akka.)

Baby S: Akka, how many days are there for the wedding of Jalal uncle and Jodha akka dolls?
Shagun: There is still one month to go dear..
Baby S: But we have not learnt the dialogues by heart akka...you always keep changing it..
Shagun: Don't worry Baby.. we can manage..I know all the dialogues.. Even if someone forgets it , I'll speak the dialogue.for them..
Baby S: Shagun akka, did you write dialogues for Bindu Akka? Remember she scolded you for not writing her any dialogue..
Shagun: Yes, yes. I have written one or two dialogues for her to say in between tears...
( Bindu akka and Harshu aunty come there)
Harshu: Shagun , can we start the rehearsal? I have to hurry up for doing the updates of today's episode.. It is going to be Jalal and Jodha's first hug..and I have to do a very detailed write up..and with the photos of some sequences to make it special.. I expect at least 80 to 85 likes...
Shagun: Di, You are Jalal's ammijaan and all you have to do is always smiling..It will be a striking contrast to Bindu Di who is doing the role of Mynavathi who is always crying..
Baby: Bindu akka, did you bring the medicine you said you bought for crying?
Bindu: Baby, that is not medicine...that is glycerine...
Baby: Oh..
Shagun: Now we'll start..Jalal, that is myself, will enter the marriage venue with Harshu and some of our AAA members as guests from bridegroom side..
Baby: Shagun akka, can we invite the tall man in girls' dress also?..poor man ..he always gets only beating.. I have  seen him always only in red coloured dress..We can get him a new dress..
Shagun: Shhh.. Baby.. We can't increase the number of guests..because Raja Bharmal will find it difficult to entertain them..
Bindu: Tell me Shagun.. what should I do..
Shagun: Bindu di, you have to do arti and put a tilak on the fore head of Jalal.and then ...
Baby: Akka.. you are wrong..Jodha akka's mom did not put tilak on uncle's forehead now...she did it only when he came there before to see her face in water..
Harshu: Wah, Wah, Baby! how  accurate you are! ..I think I can take your help when I write the synopsis..
Shagun: Okay, Okay do as you please Bindu di..But this time you need not cry because as per our modified version,we are going to show that every one is very happy about the alliance..and Baby!..you are Jodha ..
Baby: Yes.. I will also be smiling always..I will not put any condition ..
Shagun: And where is Ashu? She has to do Bharmal's role.. I have written some dialogues for her..
Harshu: Yes.. Bharmal says " ..hum abhi aathe hain.." and leaves the place..
Shagun: No he will be given more dialogues..He will express his happiness to give away his daughter to him in marriage...and there are dialogues between Hamida Banu and Bharmal as well..

Harshu: Shagun, can I ask  dowry from Rajah Bharmal? By that way there will be more scope for exchange of dialogues..
Baby: what is Dowry aunty?
Harshu: That is Bharmal should give  money to ammijaan for Jodha to marry Jalal..
Baby: What?..Is he going to buy Jalal uncle??Shocked

Karkuzhali.

melovesja

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 04 June 2016 at 1:37am | IP Logged
Delightful, Akka! Apart from your flair for remixes of all kinds, I think you are in a fair way to becoming a chipmunk yourself!WinkWink

Shyamala

Here is my poem along the lines of the famous poet, William Wordsworth's "The Rainbow"

The original:

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky
So was it when my life began
So is it now I am a man
So be it when I shall grow old
Or let me die
The child is the father of the Man.
And I wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

My Version:

My heart jumps with joy when I see
Jo and Ja on the TV
So was it when I started a year ago
So is it now also
So be it in future I wish
Or else I'll go mad
The child in me woke up as Baby Sarasa
And I wish my days to be
Bound with the AAA chipmunks! Gee!

Karkuzhali.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

karkuzhalimelovesja

karkuzhali IF-Dazzler
karkuzhali
karkuzhali

Posted: 04 June 2016 at 1:37am | IP Logged

My dear Shyamala, 
This is really unexpected!
@Red:
I thought you would comment on this!

Saraswathi Akka.

Originally posted by sashashyam

Now this is what I would call a telling piece. It  says  a lot, both to the reader and to the characters themselves, ie Baby  Sarasa,  Jodha and Jalal. Very well conceived, Saraswathi Akka!

Shyamala

Baby travels back to the 16th Century , when Jalaluddhin Mohammad Akbar was ruling over almost the entire Hindustan.
(Shagun, the Prez of the Akdha Admirers' Association, is also an admirer of Baby Sarasa and her adventures..She wishes  Baby to travel to Jalal's  DEK in the 16th century,  by travelling in  a Time Machine..

Baby Sarasa, motivated by her loveable sister, travels back to the mid 16th century...)

Baby: (thinks)...mm.. whose palace is it? Is it slim aunty's?  No, no it is not..because no shouting is heard  or no things are seen thrown outside... Or is it Rahim's mummy's? But where has Rahim gone? ...
(While she  is thinking, she hears "Hey Manmohana "song.  She goes inside..Jodha is doing arti..Baby is stunned by her beauty..For a moment she thinks Jodha aunty is prettier than her mommy. But suddenly she erases the thought from her mind..'no,no, my mommy is the best..')

This last bit is psychologically perfect. No child will accept that anyone else can overtake her Mummy in any respect. And then  beauty, and much else, lies in the eyes of the beholder!

Jo: Sure Baby, here take the prasad...where did you come from? You dress differently.. and, how do you know my name?
Baby: Akka, do you know I come from the 21st Century? There we all dress up only in short clothes and no one will wear like you, or the slim aunty or the white dress grandma..
Jo: Oh.. I catch your point..(laughs).( Jodha is pretty sharp, seeing the way in which she cottons on to Baby's cryptic descriptions so quickly!)
Baby: We watch Jodha Akbar TV serial ...and I watch you daily.. I want to see Jalal uncle..Can I see him..?
Jo: How could you watch me after 450 years? Do I look old in that? Oho! The vanity of woman!
Baby: No.. you look pretty in that..But I don't know about all these .things.If you want I will ask Ekta aunty and tell you..Can we go to Jalal uncle now?
Jo:Oh, yes.. he is in the DEK after so many days.. Come on..I'll take you there..

(Mothibai comes..)
Moti: Who is this Jodha.. Did you bring this child also like that Babu you brought from the temple?
Jo: No,no Moti...She has come travelling backwards from the 21st century..She wants to see Shahenshah..and I am taking her to the DEK..
( They go to the DEK)
Baby: What is a DEK akka.. My teacher told me that ships have decks.. Is Jalal uncle waiting for us in the ship? A close cousin of handsome- handmany!
Jo:(takes a second to grasp the question) No, no no baby, DEK means a place where people come and make complaint to the king, and the king will solve it..
Jo:( Thinks for a second and decides to nod)Yes..yes.. it is like that..Now this is perceptive and very funny.  Jodha clearly has no idea  that Baby is talking about her school principal, but she plays it safe and nods!Which is what many people do often, at times with unexpected consequences!
( They reach the DEK...Jalal sees Jodha entering the DEK with a Five year old pretty girl..His imagination goes wild..)
Jalal: ( Speaks to himself) Oh, how lovely my sweetheart looks..and the pretty baby.. I wish I have a daughter like the little one after I get an heir from my Jodha Begum..(Aloud)..What are we going to discuss today Atgah Saap?
Atgah: Huzoor! No one is having any problem in the sultanate ..Everybody is paying the taxes without grumbling..People are happy..and no one has brought any complaint today Shahenshah..
Jalal: (angrily) Then why did you convene the DEK Atgah Saap? I would have spent more useful time in the Harem..Yes, being harangued by his Ammijaan, Ruqaiya and at times even Salima and Jodha for his acts of commission and omission, mostly wrongly. The chap is a glutton for punishment!Wink
(Baby comes to the aisle...like our elected MPs  do in the Parliament..Rustling noise is heard in the Diwan..)
Baby: Uncle, I always see the slim aunty slapping the tall man in girl's dress..Poor man.. Will you please give punishment to slim aunty?
Jalal: My dear child... This is the only thing that your uncle as Shahenshah cannot do!LOLWink ONLY? Now that is a joke!

Grandma: Hi, Shagun.. what are you looking at? You don't even see me coming..eh?
Shagun: Sorry grandma, I didn't see you coming.. I was watching Baby travelling back to the 16th century to the Akbar's Durbar in the time machineWink

Karkuzhali.

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 04 June 2016 at 1:46am | IP Logged
Well,Akka, I am trying to catch up, though by now I have almost shot my bolt for the day!

I did not comment on the part in red because it seemed something very natural and predictable for Jalal to  think to himself. But did you spot the discrepancy? Jalal is shown as being perfectly ready to have a daughter inherit the throne (though that would hardly have worked in that era, with all those MCPs of Mughal nobles, and even most of their Rajput counterparts), but here he clearly see only a son as his heir.

Shyamala

My dear Shyamala, 
This is really unexpected!
@Red:
I thought you would comment on this!

Saraswathi Akka.

Originally posted by sashashyam

Shyamala

(Mothibai comes..)
( They go to the DEK)

Karkuzhali.

karkuzhali

Go to top