Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Akka,

I am marking all the most delightful questions from the Baby-Babloo duo -  in fact from Babloo -  in blue. Let me see how many I come up with. And thanks a ton for this diptych treat, with probably one more on its way!

Shyamala

PS: Current count : 7

Originally posted by: karkuzhali

Grandma tells Baby Sarasa and Babloo,  EK's fable "Akbar and the Tiger"

(It is story time for the kids. Baby Sarasa and Babloo come to the grandma. They want a new story about their 'favrit' Jalal uncle. Grandma  tells them the story that she had read somewhere today.)

Babloo: Grandma, I want a nice new story today..
Baby: Yes grandma..
Grandma: Okay, Do you want the story of Krishna?
Baby: Noo.. We want a Raja and Rani story..
Babloo: Yes.. It should start with 'once upon a time.'
Grandma: So tell me about which Raja and Rani you want to listen..
Baby: The Raja that we know.
Babloo: The  Rani also that we know...
G'ma: Okay.. mmm...I will tell you a new story about your Jalal uncle and Jodha akka.
Baby and Babloo: Yesss!.( Babloo  gets ready to listen to the story sucking his thumb)
G'ma: Once upon a time there was a King called Akbar...
Babloo: Grandma you said that you will tell us the story of Jalal uncle..But you are  telling about some one else..
Baby: Babloo dear..Jalal is Akbar..
Babloo: Ooh.. How did uncle become Akbar suddenly?
Baby: Grandma said that an old man gave him this name..
Babloo: Is he a priest?

Now this is marvellous! Someone has told Babloo about baptism, perhaps in his school, and so he associates a namakaran with a priest. Or maybe he watched a pandit do a namakaran ceremony at home.
Baby:πŸ˜²β“ Don't know..don't ask questions.. listen to grandma..
Grandma: And, when he was Jalal he married Jodha.
Babloo: And what did he do with her after he became Akbar?

I would have replied: "He became even more of a joru ka ghulam, if that were possible". This would lead to another series of questions from Babloo about the antecedents of  a joru ka ghulam, and comparisons with his papa vs his mama!
Baby: Shh... Bablooo...
Grandma: One  day he went to the forest with Jodha...
Baby: Like Rama went to the forest with Sita..
Babloo: Yes, like Vikram uncle went with  vedal  grandpa..
G'ma: No you are wrong... Jalal uncle went to the forest to hunt the animals..
Babloo: Ooo...It is scary...
Baby: Babloo kutty, my teacher said Kings will hunt animals..
Babloo: Grandma, did Jalal uncle study in Baby'kka's school?
G'ma: πŸ˜²β“
Baby: No.. Poor uncle he didn't study in school..
Babloo: Is it? then why does mommy send me to school.. I will tell her that even Jalal uncle did not go to school...I won't go to school.. I want to become King.
G'ma: And he took a gun with him..
Babloo: Toy gun, or real gun? 
Baby: It must be real gun kutty. Kings are very rich.. They will have only real guns...
G'ma: Real gun..And Jodha thought that Jalal was cruel to kill animals and so she removed all the bullets from the gun..
Babloo:😲Then?
G'ma: Then..suddenly a tiger came before them..
( Babloo goes and hugs Baby)
G'ma: Babloo kanna, don't get scared.. The tiger didn't come to kill him.. but it got scared when it saw the gun and thought Jalal would shoot ...
Baby: See Babloo, the tiger is so..o nice...
Babloo: And then what happened grandma?
G'ma: Then Jodha told Jalal that she removed those bullets..
Baby: 😲Then did the tiger attack Jalal uncle?
Babloo: and Jodha akka?
G'ma: No. kutties. The tiger was very nice.. He told Jodha " you saved my life.. Hereafter you are my friend.." and went away...
Baby: Did the tiger speak? In the "Jungle Book " movie all animals speak.. they have names too..
Babloo: What is the name of the tiger grandma?
G'ma: Mohan!..
Babloo: Is it from the Zoo? My daddy took me to the zoo and I saw a tiger called Mohan there..
G'ma: β“❓

Karkuzhali.

P.S. Shyamala, this is as per your wish...

sashashyam thumbnail
Same procedure as before, Akka.

Updated best questions count: 14, not counting straight sentences, no  matter how funny they are.

Shyamala

(Continues from P 49...)

( Grandma continues her story...)

Baby Sarasa: Was the tiger from the zoo, grandma?
G'ma: No, Baby.   It belongs to the forest.. It is very nice and won't eat people..
Baby: Is it because it comes in a Fairy tale?
Babloo: Can  I talk to the tiger grandma? 
G'ma: No, you can't..
Babloo: Even if it is in the Zoo?
Baby: No kutty.. If only it was Sher Khan, it would have eaten Jalal uncle..
Babloo: Who is that Baby'kka, you scare me..
Baby:  It is the villain tiger in the "Jungle Book" movie  Babloo.. It also talks.. 
G'ma: Shhh children.. listen to the rest of the story...Jalal and Jodha, returned to the Palace..
Babloo: How did they go? 
G'ma: They came in two horses..They went back riding on them..
Baby: Grandma, won't the tiger eat horses? 
Babloo: Baby'kka.. it is Jalal uncle's horse,  it won't eat..
He is already familiar with the term "special treatment" or the VVIP culture!πŸ˜‰
G'ma: And then after 2, 3years, Akbar went for war.
Babloo:  Did Jodha Akka go with him?
G'ma: No,  so, Akbar fought with the enemy and had lot of wounds on his body..
Babloo:( excitedly) Baby'kka,  you told me this story of Jalal uncle going to war before..
Baby: Yes kutty, that was real Jalal uncle.. This is Akbar..and it is a fairy tale..
Babloo: But it looks the same..
G'ma: So in the war , the enemy won and he arrested Akbar..
Baby : WHAT? How did Akbar 'llow his enemy to win?
Babloo: Because the fairy tale man did not know that Jodha akka went to the war with red powder..

This last is the sure fire candidate for the First Prize!πŸ‘
Baby: Grandma...I don't like this story..Will it have a happy ending?
Babloo: Yes grandma.. It must end with"Lived happily ever after"...Otherwise I will cry in my sleep...
Baby: Who is the Fairy tale writer grandma?
G'ma: Ektha Madam...the one who wrote Naagin for Rajat uncle..
Baby: Grandma, are Ektha aunty and Rajat uncle  enemies?
(Grandma takes the kids to bed. Let us see whether  she will answer Baby's question
tomorrow)

With such tenacious kids, it is not a question of whether, but of how! Grandma, you could tell them that they were reluctant companions! Then you can spend another 10 minutes explaining reluctant, companion, and how all this applied to Jalal and Ekta. That will make for nice going!

Karkuzhali.

sashashyam thumbnail
My dearest Akka and Lashykanna,

You are both so sweet in your concern about my creaky systemπŸ€—!

But I cannot even sit on the ground, so how can I start yoga, that too at my age? Otherwise, I try faithfully to adopt all sort of pieces of advice re: RA given by my dear friends like you, and am thus by now a kind of walking compendium of all possible medical schools of thought on this extremely tiresome affliction. πŸ˜‰

Let me see what happens over the next 2/3 weeks. In the meantime, your chapters 5 & 6 are next in line, Lashykanna!

Affectionately,

Shyamala/Aunty

Exactly my thoughts... Periyamma
But, I've said it many times already... so didn't want to repeat it again... 

karkuzhali thumbnail

Dear Shyamala,
There are Yoga exercises for seniors. They call it "Chair Yoga" with the 'chair cushion comfort'.You can do these exercises sitting on the chair.It is quite popular among us here .There should also be such Yoga exercises there in India. You should try that.

(a sincere) Saraswathi Akka.

Originally posted by: sashashyam

My dearest Akka and Lashykanna,

You are both so sweet in your concern about my creaky systemπŸ€—!

But I cannot even sit on the ground, so how can I start yoga, that too at my age? Otherwise, I try faithfully to adopt all sort of pieces of advice re: RA given by my dear friends like you, and am thus by now a kind of walking compendium of all possible medical schools of thought on this extremely tiresome affliction. πŸ˜‰

Let me see what happens over the next 2/3 weeks. In the meantime, your chapters 5 & 6 are next in line, Lashykanna!

Affectionately,

Shyamala/Aunty

karkuzhali thumbnail
My very dear Shyamala, 
I was just waiting for your comments for the second portion of the 'diptych' before I gave you a reply.
Thank you very much that for enjoying the kids'  "question hour" with the grandma.

Now a days it has become a habit for me to write one piece (or sometimes two) everyday about Baby and Babloo,  and actually I am enjoying this. 

Babloo is visiting Baby for a short period only, but I think his daddy will be shortly getting  a transfer to the place where Baby is living. Then we will see more of both the kids...

Saraswathi akka.
Edited by karkuzhali - 7 years ago
harshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">(Continues from P 49...)</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">
</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#990066">( Grandma continues her story...)</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#990066">
</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Baby Sarasa: Was the tiger from the zoo, grandma?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">G'ma: No, Baby. It belongs to the forest.. It is very nice and won't eat people..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Baby: Is it because it comes in a Fairy tale?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Babloo: Can I talk to the tiger grandma?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">G'ma: No, you can't..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Babloo: Even if it is in the Zoo?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Baby: No kutty.. If only it was Sher Khan, it would have eaten Jalal uncle..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Babloo: Who is that Baby'kka, you scare me..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Baby: It is the villain tiger in the "Jungle Book" movie Babloo.. It also talks..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">G'ma: Shhh children.. listen to the rest of the story...Jalal and Jodha, returned to the Palace..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Babloo: How did they go?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">G'ma: They came in two horses..They went back riding on them..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Baby: Grandma, won't the tiger eat horses?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Babloo: Baby'kka.. it is Jalal uncle's horse, it won't eat..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">G'ma: And then after 2, 3years, Akbar went for war.</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Babloo: Did Jodha Akka go with him?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">G'ma: No, so, Akbar fought with the enemy and had lot of wounds on his body..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Babloo:( excitedly) Baby'kka, you told me this story of Jalal unclegoing to war before..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Baby: Yes kutty, that was real Jalal uncle.. This is Akbar..and it is a fairy tale..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Babloo: But it looks the same..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">G'ma: So in the war , the enemy won and he arrested Akbar..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Baby : WHAT? How did Akbar 'llow his enemy to win?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Babloo: Because the fairy tale man did not know that Jodha akka went to the war with red powder..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Baby: Grandma...I don't like this story..Will it have a happy ending?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Babloo: Yes grandma.. It must end with"Lived happily ever after"...Otherwise I will cry in my sleep...</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Baby: Who is the Fairy tale writer grandma?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">G'ma: Ektha Madam...the one who wrote Naagin for Rajat uncle..</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Baby: Grandma, are Ektha aunty and Rajat uncle enemies?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">(Grandma takes the kids to bed. Let us see whether she will answer Baby's question</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">tomorrow)</font>
</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Karkuzhali.</font>
</font>
</font>

red powder... πŸ˜† ekta and fairy tale writer 🀣 dese 2 r 2 ends of d river which can never meet... πŸ˜†
karkuzhali thumbnail
Thank you Harshu for your comments.
Saraswathi Aunty.
karkuzhali thumbnail

Film "Finding  Dory".

[Preface:
Marlin, the clown fish , is overly cautious about Nemo which has a foreshortened fin.One day, when Nemo swims to the surface, she is caught by a diver and kidnapped. He sets out to find Nemo taking the help of his friend Dory, a blue tang fish...]

Synopsis:
Dory is a wide - eyed blue tang fish, who suffers memory loss every 5 seconds..She has only fragmented dreams of the flash backs of her life..The only thing she remembers is  that she is separated from her parents as a child.With the help of her friends Nemo and Marlin, she embarks on an epic adventure to find them. Her journey brings her to the Marine life Institute, a conservatory that houses diverse ocean species..Dory now knows that her family reunion can happen only if she can save mom and dad from captivity...

Finding Jalal aka Akbar .

Synopsis:
[Preface:
Jalal is a handsome, brave young Moghul Emperor,  who succeeds his father Humayun,at a very young age of 13. He was separated from his parents as a child and was brought up under the care of a wet nurse Maham Anga and the Regent Bairam Khan.With the help of the  Regent Bhairam  Khan, he expands and consolidates  his Moghul domains and with his strong personality, and as a successful General he enlarges the Moghul Empire  to include nearly all of  the Subcontinent north of Godhavari river.This earns him the title AKBAR  from the Awam..But he considers his marriage with the beautiful Rajput princess Jodha as his greatest achievement.]

The story now:
As years roll by, Akbar suffers severe  memory loss  every now and then, and forgets that  he is the great emperor of the great Moghul Empire and remembers only Jodha Begum. He  forgets  everything else except the flash back of his first glimpse of Jodha Begum in Amer,  which frequents his mind,  whether  he is awake or asleep..He has been diagnosed for selective amnesia ..He forgets  his sword practice, his administrative duties, his Cabinet, Navratna, and even to shave his beard...The fans and well wishers  of him are shocked to find him like this, and are finding ways to get him cured of this ailment...
Did the fans find a solution to Jalal's problem? Did  Jalal get back his original self? ..Find out the answers from the movie  "Finding Jalal aka Akbar"...

(Grandma KK wanted to take Baby Sarasa and Babloo to the newly released kids' movie,  "Finding Dory". As she is possessed with the "Jodha Akbar Mania" , she imagines Jalal in the place of Dory, while  reading the synopsis of the movie..)

Karkuzhali.
Edited by karkuzhali - 7 years ago
harshu27 thumbnail

</font>
</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Film "</font><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Finding Dory".</font>
</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">[Preface:</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Marlin, the clown fish , is overly cautious about <font color="#cc0000">Nemo</font> which has a foreshortened fin.One day, when Nemo swims to the surface, she is caught by a diver and kidnapped. He sets out to find Nemo taking the help of his friend <font color="#cc0000">Dory</font><font color="#990000">,</font> a blue tang fish...]</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Synopsis:</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"><font color="#cc0000">Dory</font> is a wide - eyed blue tang fish, who suffers memory loss every 5 seconds..She has only fragmented dreams of the flash backs of her life..The only thing she remembers is that she is separated from her parents as a child.With the help of her friends <font color="#cc0000">Nemo</font> and <font color="#cc0000">Marlin</font>, she embarks on an epic adventure to find them. Her journey brings her to the Marine life Institute, a conservatory that houses diverse ocean species..Dory now knows that her family reunion can happen only if she can save mom and dad from captivity...</font>
</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Finding Jalal aka Akbar .</font>
</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Synopsis:</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">[Preface:</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"><font color="#cc0000">Jalal i</font>s a handsome, brave young Moghul Emperor, who succeeds his father <font color="#cc0000">Humayun,</font>at a very young age of 13. He was separated from his parents as a child and was brought up under the care of a wet nurse <font color="#990000">Maham Anga </font>and the Regent <font color="#990000">Bairam Khan.</font>With the help of the Regent Bhairam Khan<font color="#990033">, </font>he expands and consolidates his Moghul domains and with his strong personality, and as a successful General he enlarges the Moghul Empire to include nearly all of the Subcontinent north of Godhavari river.This earns him the title <font color="#990000">AKBAR </font>from the Awam..But he considers his marriage with the beautiful Rajput princess Jodhaas his greatest achievement.]</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The story now:</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">As years roll by, Akbar suffers severe memory loss every now and then, and forgets that he is the great emperor of the great Moghul Empire and remembers only Jodha Begum. He forgets everything else except the flash back of his first glimpse of Jodha Begum in Amer, which frequents his mind, whether he is awake or asleep..He forgets his sword practice, his administrative duties, his Cabinet, <font color="#990000">Navratna</font>, and even to shave his beard...The fans and well wishers of him are shocked to find him like this, and are finding ways to get him cured of this ailment...</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Did the fans find a solution to Jalal's problem? Did Jalal get back his original self? ..Find out the answers from the movie "Finding Jalal aka Akbar"...</font>

<font color="#990066" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">(Grandma KK wanted to take Baby Sarasa and Babloo to the newly released kids' movie, "Finding Dory". As she is possessed with the "Jodha Akbar Mania" , she imagines Jalal in the place of Dory, while reading the synopsis of the movie..)</font>
</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Karkuzhali.</font>

finding jalal 😲 omg aunty dis is too funny... 🀣 indeed baby is truly obsessed by jalal 🀣 would love to see how jalal is found... πŸ˜‰
harshu27 thumbnail

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Thank you Harshu for your comments.</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Saraswathi Aunty.</font>

my pleasure aunty... πŸ˜ƒ