Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karkuzhali thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
A Fairy tale for the story time.

Based on Aesop's fable, "Androcles and the Lion"

The story in short:
Once upon a time, a slave called Androcles escaped from his master and went into a forest,wandering.  There he saw a lion groaning with pain. He went near him and found a huge thorn got into his paw and he was bleeding. Androcles took pity on the lion, removed the thorn and put a bandage around the paw. So the lion became his friend and Androcles  spent a couple of weeks with him in the forest.. Later the King's men came in chase of the slave, and captured him and the lion. The slave was then sentenced to be thrown in front of the lion. But as soon as the hungry lion came near him, he recognised his old friend,fawned on him and licked his hands..The king came to know of the whole story and Androcles was pardoned...

Moral of the story: Do good to others and you will be rewarded doubly.

The tale in the new form.

Shehenshah and the tiger.
Once upon a time there lived an Emperor called Jalaluddhin Mohammad. He was fondly known as Jalal by his family elders and his Begum-e-Khas, but as Shehehshah for the others.
One day, he went for hunting in the forest with his newly wed  Rajvanshi Begum and with  his newly purchased 5 feet-long  Matchlock (Gun).  He suddenly saw a tiger staring at him..His reflexes made him immediately  shoot at the tiger, but alas , he found that the barrel of the gun was empty . Then the Begum told him how  in order to save the innocent animals,  she removed the bullets  from the gun without informing him.
The tiger, called Mohan, listened to their conversation and  and became happy. He thanked the Shehenshah and his Begum for sparing his life,  and ran away into the forest..The Emperor and the Begum returned safely to the Palace.
After many many years, the Shehenshah who became known as Akbar , a title given by his awam, waged a war against his arch enemy called Abul Mali and the war was fought for 10 days with heavy casualties on both sides..Akbar was captured alive by Abul Mali, and as per the custom followed in those days, he was tied to a pole in the Arena to be eaten by a hungry tiger.  Akbar was praying to God for sending his harem women for help. Poor  Akbar..the tiger was let loose to attack him.. Akbar at once closed his eyes and began thinking about his Begumfolk..
The tiger ran towards the Shahenshah  and what a surprise! It is none other than our Mohan! "Shahenshah"cried the tiger. Akbar opened his eyes slightly and immediately recognised his old acquaintance . After learning from him what had happened, Mohan  pounced on Abul Mali and killed him. 
The haremfolk led by our Rajvanshi Begum arrived there with their bags full  of Red Chilli powder.  But seeing the Shahenshah unharmed and Abul Mali killed by Mohan,  the begum thanked him and got the Shahenshah released with his remaining soldiers.
All of them went back to the palace and lived happily ever after.

Moral of the story: If your wife does good to someone, that someone will do good to you!
                                                        -The End-
(Grandma read this story on- line and decides to tell Baby and Babloo during bed time.)
Karkuzhali.

Edited by karkuzhali - 7 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My dear Saraswathi Akka,

I  have been having domestic problems for the last two days, plus the comforting realisation. since yesterday,  that the RA is now spreading to my left hand as well. While I await  further developments on the latter front, the fact remains that my backlog on this thread now begins at page 44 (not to speak of 3 pending chapters on Lashy's new saga). 

I have  a good bit to add by way of comments on that triptych, but I cannot respond to it right now, and in any case, I am more than a little disappointed that you and the kids did not make it to Pune after all. 

But at the same I should perhaps be thanking my lucky stars that you did not wish Maham Anga on me! πŸ˜‰It was an excellent idea of  yours to feed her the porivilangai urundai.  From what I remember of the staple jokes in the Deepavali Malars of the Ananda Vikatan,   a judicious serving of that delicacy is guaranteed to 

- gum the consumer's teeth together so that no further articulation is possible,  and 
- break a good number of the aforesaid  teeth. 

As you have noted, Maham has at least 32 teeth to spare, so she will not be hampered in any way, but the first effect of the urundai  would be highly beneficial all round!πŸ˜‰

This remix of yours is very funny, and not just  for the main story but for the side comments. You must of course have read my open letter to Jalal ( Jodha Akbar 65)  telling him what  would be the most effective  and productive way to deal with Mohan. Anyone interested in that bit of flummery can see it at 
It should be a good accompaniment to the main course of  your remixed story!

Shyamala

Originally posted by: karkuzhali

A Fairy tale for the story time.

Based on Aesop's fable, "Androcles and the Lion"

The story in short:
Once upon a time, a slave called Androcles escaped from his master and went into a forest ,wandering.  There he saw a lion groaning with pain. He went near him and found a huge thorn got into his paw and he was bleeding. Androcles took pity on the lion, removed the thorn and put a bandage around the paw. So the lion became his friend and Androcles  spent a couple of weeks with him in the forest.. Later the King's men came in chase of the slave, and captured him and the lion. The slave was then sentenced to be thrown in front of the lion. But as soon as he hungry lion came near him, he recognised his old friend,fawned on him and licked his hands..The king came to know of the whole story and Androcles was pardoned...

Moral of the story: Do good to others and you will be rewarded doubly.

The tale in the new form.

Shehenshah and the tiger.
Once upon a time there lived an Emperor called Jalaluddhin Mohammad. He was fondly known as Jalal by his family elders and his Begum-e-Khas, but as Shehehshah for the others.
One day, he went for hunting in the forest with his newly wedded  Rajvanshi Begum and with  his newly purchased 5 feet-long  Matchlock (Gun).  He suddenly saw a tiger staring at him..His reflexes made him immediately  shoot at the tiger, but alas , he found that the barrel of the gun was empty . Then the Begum told him how  in order to save the innocent animals,  she removed the bullets  from the gun without informing him.
The tiger, called Mohan, listened to their conversation and  and became happy. 

He must be nuts or, in the current lingo, mentally challenged! If he could understand humanspeak, surely he would have cottoned on to the fact that the Shahenshah was now unarmed, and would thus  be easy prey? We know that Jalal would have still given Mohan a run for his money, but how was Mohan to know that? Or was Mohan a newly  accredited member of the International Tigers for Vegetarianism movement? πŸ˜‰

He thanked the Shehenshah and his Begum for sparing his life,  and ran away into the forest..The Emperor and the Begum returned safely to the Palace.
After many many years, the Shehenshah who became known as Akbar , a title given by his awam, waged a war against his arch enemy called Abul Mali and the war was fought for 10 days with heavy casualties on both sides..Akbar was captured alive by Abul Mali, and as per the custom followed in those days, he was tied to a pole in the Arena to be eaten by a hungry tiger.  

Ergo, Abul Mali must have had a stock of famished tigers for all eventualities. But since he hardly won any wars, I wonder how he kept them from starving to death. Maybe they ate the keepers whenever they opened the cages without due precautions!

Akbar was praying to God for sending his harem women for helpπŸ˜‰. Poor  Akbar..the tiger was let loose to attack him.. Akbar at once closed his eyes and began thinking about his BegumfolkπŸ˜‰..

Now this a cruel  swipe at  my poor Jalal, but  I suppose he asked for  it!πŸ˜‰

The tiger ran towards the Shahenshah  and what a surprise! It is none other than our Mohan! "Shahenshah"cried the tiger. Akbar opened his eyes slightly and immediately recognised his old acquaintance . After learning from him what had happened, Mohan  pounced on Abul Mali and killed him. 

The haremfolk led by our Rajvanshi Begum arrived there with their bags full  of Red Chilli powder.  But seeing the Shahenshah unharmed and Abul Mali killed by Mohan,  the begum thanked him and got the Shahenshah released with his remaining soldiers.

What about the unused chili powder? What  a waste of an useful commodity!

All of them went back to he palace and lived happily ever after.

Moral of the story: If your wife does good to someone, that someone will do good to you!
                                                        -The End-
(Grandma read this story on- line and decides to tell Baby and Babloo during bed time.)

I bet neither of the kids. being as sharp as they are,  will swallow this one without asking at least  a dozen questions apiece. Now that is what I am looking forward to, Akka!

Karkuzhali.

karkuzhali thumbnail
My dear Shyamala, 
While I am happy to read your post which is a quick response to my latest one, I am very disturbed  and not happy to know about the pain and discomfort you are experiencing. The only possible thing you can do  is  pain management.
 I asked my Doc about this RA and he says that  the pain can be brought to a minimum by practising Yoga..I know that you will definitely be exploring all possibilities to bring down the severity, but still I say this for my satisfaction.
Reg my post:
I have made the tiger an idiot. He did not come to attack J&J. He accidentally saw him holding the gun, and became scared. He felt relieved when he knew that the gun was unloaded..That's why instead of attacking them, he shook hands with Jalal and thanked him.πŸ˜‰
Reg your response:
1. Since you were not present in the forum for the past  3 or 4 days, I did not want to disturb you gatecrashing into your house. But the list of your fans who want to visit you  is steadily growing big.
2. I have already read your open letter to Jalal  when it was posted before, and I give another reading to it now.
3. The Chilli powder was taken back to Agra for future use. I don't know if he used it in his war against Rana Pratap. πŸ˜†

Thank you Shyamala for your lovely comments.
Take care
Yours
Saraswathi Akka.

karkuzhali thumbnail
Dear Lashy, 
Don't you want to be called as aunty by a 5 year-old and 3 year-old?
Periamma.

karkuzhali thumbnail

Grandma tells Baby Sarasa and Babloo,  EK's fable "Akbar and the Tiger"

(It is story time for the kids. Baby Sarasa and Babloo come to the grandma. They want a new story about their 'favrit' Jalal uncle. Grandma  tells them the story that she had read somewhere today.)

Babloo: Grandma, I want a nice new story today..
Baby: Yes grandma..
Grandma: Okay, Do you want the story of Krishna?
Baby: Noo.. We want a Raja and Rani story..
Babloo: Yes.. It should start with 'once upon a time.'
Grandma: So tell me about which Raja and Rani you want to listen..
Baby: The Raja that we know.
Babloo: The  Rani also that we know...
G'ma: Okay.. mmm...I will tell you a new story about your Jalal uncle and Jodha akka.
Baby and Babloo: Yesss!.( Babloo  gets ready to listen to the story sucking his thumb)
G'ma: Once upon a time there was a King called Akbar...
Babloo: Grandma you said that you will tell us the story of Jalal uncle..But you are  telling about some one else..
Baby: Babloo dear..Jalal is Akbar..
Babloo: Ooh.. How did uncle become Akbar suddenly?
Baby: Grandma said that an old man gave him this name..
Babloo: Is he a priest?
Baby:πŸ˜²β“ Don't know..don't ask questions.. listen to grandma..
Grandma: And, when he was Jalal he married Jodha.
Babloo: And what did he do with her after he became Akbar?
Baby: Shh... Bablooo...
Grandma: One  day he went to the forest with Jodha...
Baby: Like Rama went to the forest with Sita..
Babloo: Yes, like Vikram uncle went with  vedal  grandpa..
G'ma: No you are wrong... Jalal uncle went to the forest to hunt the animals..
Babloo: Ooo...It is scary...
Baby: Babloo kutty, my teacher said Kings will hunt animals..
Babloo: Grandma, did Jalal uncle study in Baby'kka's school?
G'ma: πŸ˜²β“
Baby: No.. Poor uncle he didn't study in school..
Babloo: Is it? then why does mommy send me to school.. I will tell her that even Jalal uncle did not go to school...I won't go to school.. I want to become King.
G'ma: And he took a gun with him..
Babloo: Toy gun, or real gun? 
Baby: It must be real gun kutty. Kings are very rich.. They will have only real guns...
G'ma: Real gun..And Jodha thought that Jalal was cruel to kill animals and so she removed all the bullets from the gun..
Babloo:😲Then?
G'ma: Then..suddenly a tiger came before them..
( Babloo goes and hugs Baby)
G'ma: Babloo kanna, don't get scared.. The tiger didn't come to kill him.. but it got scared when it saw the gun and thought Jalal would shoot ...
Baby: See Babloo, the tiger is so..o nice...
Babloo: And then what happened grandma?
G'ma: Then Jodha told Jalal that she removed those bullets..
Baby: 😲Then did the tiger attack Jalal uncle?
Babloo: and Jodha akka?
G'ma: No. kutties. The tiger was very nice.. He told Jodha " you saved my life.. Hereafter you are my friend.." and went away...
Baby: Did the tiger speak? In the "Jungle Book " movie all animals speak.. they have names too..
Babloo: What is the name of the tiger grandma?
G'ma: Mohan!..
Babloo: Is it from the Zoo? My daddy took me to the zoo and I saw a tiger called Mohan there..
G'ma: β“❓

Karkuzhali.

P.S. Shyamala, this is as per your wish...

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Dear Lashy, 
Don't you want to be called as aunty by a 5 year-old and 3 year-old?
Periamma.

3 year old is you, na? Who is the 5 year old, then? Bindu or babloo? 
And I really liked your lil take... I mean *tale* on Mohan
Edited by lashy - 7 years ago
lashy thumbnail

My dear Shyamala, 
While I am happy to read your post which is a quick response to my latest one, I am very disturbed  and not happy to know about the pain and discomfort you are experiencing. The only possible thing you can do  is  pain management.
 I asked my Doc about this RA and he says that  the pain can be brought to a minimum by practising Yoga..I know that you will definitely be exploring all possibilities to bring down the severity, but still I say this for my satisfaction.

Exactly my thoughts... Periyamma
But, I've said it many times already... so didn't want to repeat it again... 
karkuzhali thumbnail
Lashy aunty(?)/akka,
Oh God! Are you still confused? I'm five years old and my cousin  Babloo is three year old.. Grandma says that you are confused because you were talking with other akkas about the age of the boy and girl in your story.

Baby Sarasa.

3 year old is you, na? Who is the 5 year old, then? Bindu or babloo? 
And I really liked your lil take... I mean *tale* on Mohan

karkuzhali thumbnail

(Continues from P 49...)

( Grandma continues her story...)

Baby Sarasa: Was the tiger from the zoo, grandma?
G'ma: No, Baby.   It belongs to the forest.. It is very nice and won't eat people..
Baby: Is it because it comes in a Fairy tale?
Babloo: Can  I talk to the tiger grandma? 
G'ma: No, you can't..
Babloo: Even if it is in the Zoo?
Baby: No kutty.. If only it was Sher Khan, it would have eaten Jalal uncle..
Babloo: Who is that Baby'kka, you scare me..
Baby:  It is the villain tiger in the "Jungle Book" movie  Babloo.. It also talks.. 
G'ma: Shhh children.. listen to the rest of the story...Jalal and Jodha, returned to the Palace..
Babloo: How did they go? 
G'ma: They came in two horses..They went back riding on them..
Baby: Grandma, won't the tiger eat horses? 
Babloo: Baby'kka.. it is Jalal uncle's horse,  it won't eat..
G'ma: And then after 2, 3years, Akbar went for war.
Babloo:  Did Jodha Akka go with him?
G'ma: No,  so, Akbar fought with the enemy and had lot of wounds on his body..
Babloo:( excitedly) Baby'kka,  you told me this story of Jalal unclegoing to war before..
Baby: Yes kutty, that was real Jalal uncle.. This is Akbar..and it is a fairy tale..
Babloo: But it looks the same..
G'ma: So in the war , the enemy won and he arrested Akbar..
Baby : WHAT? How did Akbar 'llow his enemy to win?
Babloo: Because the fairy tale man did not know that Jodha akka went to the war with red powder..
Baby: Grandma...I don't like this story..Will it have a happy ending?
Babloo: Yes grandma.. It must end with"Lived happily ever after"...Otherwise I will cry in my sleep...
Baby: Who is the Fairy tale writer grandma?
G'ma: Ektha Madam...the one who wrote Naagin for Rajat uncle..
Baby: Grandma, are Ektha aunty and Rajat uncle  enemies?
(Grandma takes the kids to bed. Let us see whether  she will answer Baby's question
tomorrow)

Karkuzhali.

lashy thumbnail

Lashy aunty(?)/akka,
Oh God! Are you still confused? I'm five years old and my cousin  Babloo is three year old.. Grandma says that you are confused because you were talking with other akkas about the age of the boy and girl in your story.

Baby Sarasa.

Oh sorry...

Since I read Baby Sarasa... I assumed she was the youngest... πŸ˜³
So, yeah... I guess, aunty it is then... 

Baby: Grandma, are Ektha aunty and Rajat uncle  enemies?

πŸ˜†
Previous
1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 133
Next