I would have watched just his portion
I am sure Ashu would have made it worthwhile
But still it's an punishment
Thankfully(Ashu rejected I guess,though not sure) he didn't

Like u said Partu
we watched discussed among ourselves
Didn't like it
So stopped watching it unlike...😆😆 

exactly u stopped earlier than me ... but hw i stopped was funny lol first whoe epi then ff mode then finally ashoka nd his mom scene after that i gave up 🤣 

but both of them were simply perfect they wasted the talent though sid was luved by many they r still luving him ... he has big future ⭐️

but all we saw was plotting plotting nd plotting only that helena nd one of bindusar wife 🤢😆 

Melkor thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: rajshrip

I would love to see JA if it was not directed by ekta.😆

Man,I tolerated that show only for Rajat Tokas.Even after that I cold watch it only for a few months.After that it became like a typical Ekta soap and I left it.😆
Melkor thumbnail
Guys,this is the real love story of CGM and Helena.Someone at the CAS forum had shared it.I thought to share it here.I would have loved to see this story in CGM had it not gone off air.

The glorious love affair of Chandra Gupta Maurya and Helen, the Greek princess and daughter of Seleucus Nicatar, the ruler of Western India and Persia (earlier the general of Alexander)

It all began when Chandra Gupta aka Sandrocottus in Greek History while riding through the rivulet Jhelum had secretly seen Helen playing with her hand maidens. Mesmerized with the rare Greek beauty and her charm, Chandra Gupta fell in love with her almost instantly. Being from humble background, he however thought of claiming the hands of Helen by marrying her.

Maurya, who was already married to queen Dhundhara confessed this desire to marry Helen to his counsellor and advisor, Chanakya. The learned man counselled that the only way to seek her was by declaring war against Seleucus, who after the death of Alexander seized opportunity and took over the eastern part of the Greek empire (Persia and Western India) and became emperor. However, this was only possible by conquering North India which was under the Nanda Empire.

Soon, Maurya triumphed in the North which alarmed Seleucus about the rise of Chandra Gupta Maurya in North India. Meanwhile, Chandra Gupta Maurya had expressed his love to Helen by sending messages through carrier pigeons. Helen too was smitten by this ardent suitor from India. Perfect start, isn't it? Well, the Greatest Emperor who had the might of capturing places even had the gift of conquering hearts that too intensely! It is then, Helen got to know through her hand maiden that the lover is a Hindu and heathen - who doesn't acknowledge the Greek religion or their Gods. Still, she had formed an image of the Hindu emperor in her mind and loved him immensely. True love !

Later, it was during 305 BC when Seleucus's army met with Chandra Gupta Maurya's in a battle where Seleucus was defeated. As per Chankaya's advice, Chandra Gupta Maurya then invited the defeated emperor for a meeting. Seleucus was suspicious; still he marched for the meeting and here, the victorious offer the Greek King a truce and alliance for Helen's hand. To allay the feelings of hurt Seleucus, the Indian emperor handed him war elephants as a token of gift and in the Greek King ceded large areas of Afghanistan and other territories to the Indian Emperor.

Later, when Chandra Gupta entered the palace of the Greek King, Helen was equally delighted to see the man in real with whom she was deeply in love already. Initially, Seleucus was not ready to give his daughters hand to a heathen but when Helen insisted he agreed and the two married only to live happily ever after. Chandra Gupta Maurya, India's greatest emperor thus not only had the ability to unite India, but east and west through his unique bond of love.

The Emperor with his newly wedded life then came to Patliaputra his capital from Persia and their marriage was celebrated with great joy and happiness. Historian confirms that Helen was a great lover of India and even learned Sanskrit and Indian classical music. Just like a fairy tale end of the a classic story, the two lived happily after...

P.S:
Chandra Gupta later converted his religion into Jainism and handed over his throne to Helen and his son Bindusar (Father of the Great EmperorAshoka) and moved away to Karnataka where he eventually died at the age of 42.

Credit-fairyabi

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: rajshrip

They need to stop mocking. I agree that there are many versions of ramayan and should be respected.

I totally agree the show is showing so much love and positive messages that everyone can implement in their lives. So they should be grateful for this

Raji there is this one proverb in Tamil
"naan pudicha muyalukku moonu kaallu "
Means"the rabbit I caught has only three legs"
Inner meaning is"What I say is the absolute truth"  
No matter the show imparts values and morels 
No matter the CV's didn't promise Vamiki version 
No matter if its better than most shows out there
No matter if they hate the show 

They will still say it's totally distorted,worst show and 
will keep on watching and preaching😆😆
Edited by -Mano- - 8 years ago
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
I have read this before Ashi
Such a beautiful love story
and see what Ashoka Show has made it into
Helena's dialogues were worse than Surpi screaming🤢😆 
If it was not for Helena,I would have watched few more eps😆😆
Melkor thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mano-

I have read this before Ashi

Such a beautiful love story
and see what Ashoka Show has made it into
Helena's dialogues were worse than Surpi screaming🤢😆 
If it was not for Helena,I would have watched few more eps😆😆

I am a big shipper of CGM-Helena too😳 I have never forgiven the Ashoka CVs for tarnishing Helena's image🤢😡
Thushi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
oh beautiful story ... imagine our cgm   but who would have acted as helen 😲🤢 
Thushi thumbnail
well ashi if u r ready to watch ek mata version then u will get helena nd cgm 🤣

I wil stay away from that show ... 😳😆
Melkor thumbnail
Originally posted by: Thushi

oh beautiful story ... imagine our cgm   but who would have acted as helen 😲🤢 

Definitely not Ashoka's Helena.😆 But they could have got a beautiful actress to play Helena.And the actress could have been an Indian too.Afterall,Alexander and Seleucus were played by Indians too but only with wigs😆
CGM loved Helena passionately and I wanted to see their love story😳 But none of my dreams came true😭
Thushi thumbnail
Originally posted by: Astoria

Definitely not Ashoka's Helena.😆 But they could have got a beautiful actress to play Helena.And the actress could have been an Indian too.Afterall,Alexander and Seleucus were played by Indians too but only with wigs😆

CGM loved Helena passionately and I wanted to see their love story😳 But none of my dreams came true😭

lol han not ashoka wala 🤢😆