Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

This country has given me everything, we need to support Modi: SRK (Page 6)

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by srkjuhi

Originally posted by .Hajmola.

Originally posted by srkjuhi

Originally posted by .Hajmola.

Glad he clarified it. I for one didnt like some SRK fans making it a SRK vs Modi issue when the fields are completely seperate. Plus the PM's office has to be respect. He has many headaches apart from trying to pull down a movie or an actor. SRK is not so important to Modi. 
Btw if it was Barkha or Rajdeep they would have probably made it worse. 

The PM's office need to be respected...umm, where was the respect when it came to the last PM? He was mocked , ridiculed by the current PM and by so many  others so this notion that just because someone is a PM , he needs to be respected is bull. Every citizen has a right to state his opinion about the leaders of this nation , good , bad or ugly.

I was unhappy with the disrespect shown to Manmohan Singh too. I for one never participated in the same. IMO is MMS was the architect of making India the modern financial superpower it is becoming. Too bad he was mocked for being too weak when he had to work with limitations like keeping the image of Gandhi family intact as well as keeping allies happy. I am sure history will be kinder to him than SM was. 
There is a huge difference between blind respect which bhakts do and respecting the office while giving contructive criticism which any sane person including Modi would welcome. 

Of course history will be kinder to him, that is what MMS said a couple of years back as well and at the time nobody believed him. The question is of hypocrisy here though. When the current PM has mocked and ridiculed the office of the PMO then his supporters or his party or anyone for that matter has no right to tell others as to how they need to respect him. I'm sorry but this is still a democracy. Every individual has a right to state what they wish to. There are many who don't care for the current PM , just like there were many who didn't care for the last PM. This question never erupted then that how dare someone criticize the PM. It has only erupted now and people these days stretch it to a point where they have now started equating criticizing the PM as criticizing the nation. The PM ain't the nation and some apparently don't seem to get that.

There are a few crazy bhakts and that does not mean he necessarily supports them. And btw there are many opponents of Modi. But support him or not I dont support making SRK as a beacon of opposition to Modi which some SRK fans do. If you oppose Modi then keep it separate from SRK. Oppose as a citizen of India but not as a fan of SRK. Because the PM hardly would care if a film works or not. 
And coming to disrespect for MMS that started in his second term..like someone said when lots of instances of corruption came out and he was seen as too weak to deal with it. Unfortunately his party didnt support him either. They conveniently used him as a shield to the Gandhi family by making sure the criticism is directed to him and credit for anything good was given to Sonia/Rahul. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

houmumpallavi25

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Who is speaking as a fan of Shahrukh here? I'm speaking in my capacity as an individual of course. As for Shahrukh being a beacon of opposition to the dear leader...LOL. He ain't in politics so that is not even in the realm of question. What I'm trying to say here is I'm in the support of anyone whether it be Shahrukh , SK , Aamir or any normal person out there who chooses to state his view in a civilized manner. And why me! I think any right thinking person (pun not intended) would be in support of their right to put across their viewpoint. That's all I'm saying. You can agree or disagree with their viewpoints and that's your right as a citizen. However when you start taking the law into your hands and start threatening people , vandalizing places then that is something that needs to be rejected outright.

MMS has been mocked since he took office. Even during his first term , he wasn't spared. The opposition was always on attack mode when it came to MMS. And they're entitled to it. It's the holier than thou attitude of the same lot now who had no shame in mocking MMS , ridiculing him that I find hilarious on pretty much every level.

Edited by srkjuhi - 17 April 2016 at 9:25am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

divaz Goldie
divaz
divaz

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shy_

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, whose remarks on intolerance' created a furore last year, will be seen on Rajat Sharma's Aap Ki Adalat - which will be aired on India TV at 10PM Indian Standard Time.

Shah Rukh has said that he doesn't have issues with any political party and added that the country needs to support Prime Minister Narendra Modi, because he's been chosen by the people.

"I would like to state here very clearly, when we chose a leader of our country, whoever may it be, as great as Modi, all we have to do is to support him. Our nation has chosen him with a majority, so we have to support our leader and take the country forward and not be negative" Shah Rukh told Rajat Sharma.

"May be in politics, people might have made comments (on intolerance), but we are not politicians, we are entertainers. In a certain way, we are someone whom children look up to and think they'd like to be successful as I am. So I'll never like to talk things, which will not be in our nation's interest" said the actor, whose latest film FAN' released in theatres on Friday.

Asked if he tried to fix' the Prime Minister because of his closeness to a few Congress leaders, Shah Rukh said: "How dare I think I can fix anybody. You know me over the years, I am apolitical, though I have friends everywhere."

Shah Rukh also added that the intolerance' that he was referring to, was different from what it was made out to be, hinting that it was the media that blew things out of proportion.

The actor also said the great country' has given him everything.

"I had only advised the young not to be intolerant in matters relating to regionalism, religion, caste, colour and creed. My father was one of the youngest freedom fighters. How can I think this country has not been fair to any of us? A man like me, who has got everything from this great country, I'll be last one to complain," he said.

"My family itself is a mini-India. My wife is Hindu, I am a Muslim by birth, and my three children follow three religions. So how can I think of my country like this?" he added.

SRK i respect you a lot. @bold you don't need to prove again and again how open minded and tolerant you are. fans already know. when other x y z actors don't need to prove their patriotism you don't need to either. haters will always find excuses to hate. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25-DZ-

SherlockHouse IF-Stunnerz
SherlockHouse
SherlockHouse

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Barkha aunty didnt tweeted LOL
.rasgulla. IF-Stunnerz
.rasgulla.
.rasgulla.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:40am | IP Logged
SRKDay Dreaming
RabbitOnSkates_ IF-Sizzlerz
RabbitOnSkates_
RabbitOnSkates_

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Love u SRK and u dont need to prove ur patriotism to anyone... and y shud u? I dont need to prove my patriotism, my parents dont need to prove their patriotism, the members on IF dont need to prove their patriotism , none of the common ppl need to... and even YOU dont need to.

love u the way u are.. keep rocking :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

divazpallavi25-DZ-

RabbitOnSkates_ IF-Sizzlerz
RabbitOnSkates_
RabbitOnSkates_

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by yamyam

SRKDay Dreaming

He keeps giving us more reasons to love him Heart

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

GrumpyTheCat IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:51am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top