Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

This country has given me everything, we need to support Modi: SRK (Page 5)

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by srkjuhi

Originally posted by .Hajmola.

Glad he clarified it. I for one didnt like some SRK fans making it a SRK vs Modi issue when the fields are completely seperate. Plus the PM's office has to be respect. He has many headaches apart from trying to pull down a movie or an actor. SRK is not so important to Modi. 
Btw if it was Barkha or Rajdeep they would have probably made it worse. 

The PM's office need to be respected...umm, where was the respect when it came to the last PM? He was mocked , ridiculed by the current PM and by so many  others so this notion that just because someone is a PM , he needs to be respected is bull. Every citizen has a right to state his opinion about the leaders of this nation , good , bad or ugly.

I was unhappy with the disrespect shown to Manmohan Singh too. I for one never participated in the same. IMO is MMS was the architect of making India the modern financial superpower it is becoming. Too bad he was mocked for being too weak when he had to work with limitations like keeping the image of Gandhi family intact as well as keeping allies happy. I am sure history will be kinder to him than SM was. 
There is a huge difference between blind respect which bhakts do and respecting the office while giving contructive criticism which any sane person including Modi would welcome. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Madame_89WhiteNights.gatheringstormilovecrepesPiyatrixpallavi25

fivestars IF-Sizzlerz
fivestars
fivestars

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anachronist

Originally posted by MoonBow.

This has been what he has saying since the beginning. But I guess the incapable citizens of India misunderstood.. Along with media blowing things out of proportion. 
what do u mean

whoever misunderstood mahaan srk are incapable indians...Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrateMrBiebersWifey.

flipfl0p IF-Dazzler
flipfl0p
flipfl0p

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:16am | IP Logged
Clap ...For rising above politics of section of journalists and fans.
Yes, he has fans in all parties and he respects whomever people choose as their leader. He does not like to misinterpreted by media. End of politics. There are two kinds of enemies, some who attack from front. Some who pretend as friends and backstab. Sharukh faced both during Dilwale. Hope he matures. 

Other than that, he is back to his witty, lively mode. Though I sometimes take offence when he demeans someone, I usually enjoy that funny, kamina Sharukh more LOL

Madame_89pallavi25

guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:27am | IP Logged

Glad he clarified it. I for one didnt like some SRK fans making it a SRK vs Modi issue when the fields are completely seperate. Plus the PM's office has to be respect. He has many headaches apart from trying to pull down a movie or an actor. SRK is not so important to Modi.

The PM's office need to be respected...umm, where was the respect when it came to the last PM? He was mocked , ridiculed by the current PM and by so many others so this notion that just because someone is a PM , he needs to be respected is bull. Every citizen has a right to state his opinion about the leaders of this nation , good , bad or ugly.

I was unhappy with the disrespect shown to Manmohan Singh too. I for one never participated in the same. IMO is MMS was the architect of making India the modern financial superpower it is becoming. Too bad he was mocked for being too weak when he had to work with limitations like keeping the image of Gandhi family intact as well as keeping allies happy. I am sure history will be kinder to him than SM was.
There is a huge difference between blind respect which bhakts do and respecting the office while giving contructive criticism which any sane person including Modi would welcome.

What happened to Manmohan was a result of pent up emotions. As far as I remember, he was respected for his stint as the Finance minister even after he became the prime minister. It was only when there were surge of these leaks, revelations back to back, did people start losing their shit. He completely started losing support from common public. Even now, people do criticize the current PM at many instances. Still he commands support and respect s they see some hope which had completely disappeared back then.

But of course, what are basic limits can always be debatable though. As you said, history will probably be kinder to the economist that he was.

Edited by Kaapi - 17 April 2016 at 8:27am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

houmumWhiteNights.gatheringstormLeadNitratePiyatrixNimbuMirchiilovecrepesTheRager

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:30am | IP Logged

The PM's office need to be respected...umm, where was the respect when it came to the last PM? He was mocked , ridiculed by the current PM and by so many  others so this notion that just because someone is a PM , he needs to be respected is bull. Every citizen has a right to state his opinion about the leaders of this nation , good , bad or ugly.

Of course history will be kinder to him, that is what MMS said a couple of years back as well and at the time nobody believed him. The question is of hypocrisy here though. When the current PM has mocked and ridiculed the office of the PMO then his supporters or his party or anyone for that matter has no right to tell others as to how they need to respect him. I'm sorry but this is still a democracy. Every individual has a right to state what they wish to. There are many who don't care for the current PM , just like there were many who didn't care for the last PM. This question never erupted then that how dare someone criticize the PM. It has only erupted now and people these days stretch it to a point where they have now started equating criticizing the PM as criticizing the nation. The PM ain't the nation and some apparently don't seem to get that.

pallavi25-DZ-

Housefull IF-Dazzler
Housefull
Housefull

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:39am | IP Logged
What SRK said during the Barkha interview was totally misconstrued. Ppl who are calling SRK intolerant should watch it again.. There is a huge difference between Aamir and Srk's statements.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ilovecrepespallavi25-DZ-

flipfl0p IF-Dazzler
flipfl0p
flipfl0p

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Housefull

What SRK said during the Barkha interview was totally misconstrued. Ppl who are calling SRK intolerant should watch it again.. There is a huge difference between Aamir and Srk's statements.

His statement was not misconstrued by his protestors. It was done by his so called friend Barkha and her channel to feed their political battle with Modi. SRK was used as a pawn.

No big deal about criticising Modi. All his political opponents always do that, including Sonia Gandhi (Maut ka saudagar). He does to his opponents too. I still remember his below the belt comment on late Sunanda Pushkar. Indian political speeches are dirty and it is both sides. 

But when it comes to these superstars who have fans in both groups, their willingness to participate in politics in important, before dragging them to politics.  (Having said this, I still believe Amir's was a political statement, given voluntarily). There may be some actors who canvas for a party. But they usually are not superstars. Throughout his career, Rajnikant has maintained equal distance from two important parties (DMK and AIDMK) of Tamilnad. 

Edited by flipfl0p - 17 April 2016 at 9:10am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

houmumMadame_89pallavi25-DZ-

MinzPie IF-Stunnerz
MinzPie
MinzPie

Stormtrooper of CC

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by flipfl0p

His statement was not misconstrued by his protestors. It was done by his so called friend Barkha and her channel to feed their political battle with Modi. SRK was used as a pawn.

OT-Barkha Dutt is someone I hate with passionDeadshe is fake inside out-her anger,happiness,tears just about everythingSleepy

flipfl0pLeadNitrate

Go to top