Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

This country has given me everything, we need to support Modi: SRK (Page 4)

guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .MissStubborn.

Originally posted by Kaapi

Originally posted by MiniRulz

Woah. People here were bashing Aamir endlessly when after the 'intolerance' propaganda , he was spotted flying kites and going at dinners with PM. Where are those people now?
looking for something called an excuse and it will be very convincing Embarrassed

IKR. This is sheer hypocrisy. SRK did well job by clarifying his stance but when Aamir had done the same, he was still termed as a Pseudo and was doing all this so that Dangal don't get backlash.

Nothing against SRK, he and Aamir according to me were both misunderstood by people and misinterpreted  by Media but surprised how the situations have changed nowClap

What Aamir said was completely different from what SRK said. The latter's statement was grossly twisted for no reason and everybody made a hulla about it just like that. Aamir said he might have to leave the country if the situation continues this way. Confused That was like one of the worst statements  by any celeb I have ever heard. Nobody says shit like that. 

I don't give two hoots about this forum's reaction or any social media reaction for that matter but comparing these two statements is funny. 

This!! Just proved me.

Bold - When did he say that? He never said he would leave the country ever. It was his wife who said that to him, expressing her fear to him. He was worried for what people was coming to slowly including his wife i.e that they were wrong for feeling it that way.

The only wrong Aamjir did was to share it with Media who blew it out of proportion!

He is the one who said it in public. Not his wife. And what fear? Bullshit! I repeat..what he said was cringe-worthy to put it mildly. 

Anyway, I have no interest in having this conversation and indulging in pointless fan wars. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Housefull..PikACHU...gatheringstormPiyatrixNimbuMirchi-DZ-

quicksilver. IF-Sizzlerz
quicksilver.
quicksilver.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mali89

Woah. People here were bashing Aamir endlessly when after the 'intolerance' propaganda , he was spotted flying kites and going at dinners with PM. Where are those people now?
looking for something called an excuse and it will be very convincing Embarrassed

IKR. This is sheer hypocrisy. SRK did well job by clarifying his stance but when Aamir had done the same, he was still termed as a Pseudo and was doing all this so that Dangal don't get backlash.

Nothing against SRK, he and Aamir according to me were both misunderstood by people and misinterpreted  by Media but surprised how the situations have changed nowClap

I don't mean to pour oil on the fire but Aamir's and SRK's statements weren't the same imo. While SRK was talking about people having to accept each other, Aamir clearly said he didn't feel secure and wanted to leave India. It was quite harsh knowing how Indians are patriotics.

I don't agree with the fact that people are harassed because of their opinion though so even if Aamir's statement was harsher, he wouldn't have deserved to receive the same flack SRK did during Dilwale release.

Sighing at how his words are being twisted. Clearly? Eh?
I don't know if anyone agrees but people need to see beyond patriotism also. That is LOGIC! People have to be more patient.
Madame_89 Goldie
Madame_89
Madame_89

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:05am | IP Logged

What Aamir said was completely different from what SRK said. The latter's statement was grossly twisted for no reason and everybody made a hulla about it just like that. Aamir said he might have to leave the country if the situation continues this way. Confused That was like one of the worst statements  by any celeb I have ever heard. Nobody says shit like that. 

I don't give two hoots about this forum's reaction or any social media reaction for that matter but comparing these two statements is funny. 

This!! Just proved me.

Bold - When did he say that? He never said he would leave the country ever. It was his wife who said that to him, expressing her fear to him. He was worried for what people was coming to slowly including his wife i.e that they were wrong for feeling it that way.

The only wrong Aamjir did was to share it with Media who blew it out of proportion!

Indeed it was something his wife said. It was still harsher than what SRK said. He's an adult, he should know how to use his words wisely... I wouldn't expect the "thinking actor" to handover the stick to be beaten with so easily.

I think this whole intolerance went out of proportion. Maybe a law was voted without the citizens noticing or something...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25-DZ-

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:06am | IP Logged
I had only advised the young not to be intolerant in matters relating to regionalism, religion, caste, colour and creed. My father was one of the youngest freedom fighters. How can I think this country has not been fair to any of us? A man like me, who has got everything from this great country, I'll be last one to complain,"
He received backlashes for this statement only .he is asking his followers to respect Modi because he is the PM .

Edited by AishMinoz - 17 April 2016 at 8:06am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Madame_89Housefullangrybreadpallavi25-DZ-

quicksilver. IF-Sizzlerz
quicksilver.
quicksilver.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:07am | IP Logged

This!! Just proved me.

He is the one who said it in public. Not his wife. And what fear? Bullshit! I repeat..what he said was cringe-worthy to put it mildly. 

Anyway, I have no interest in having this conversation and indulging in pointless fan wars. 

My last reply as well.
Sorry but you didn't make senseLOL
PeaceEmbarrassed
zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Hajmola.

Glad he clarified it. I for one didnt like some SRK fans making it a SRK vs Modi issue when the fields are completely seperate. Plus the PM's office has to be respect. He has many headaches apart from trying to pull down a movie or an actor. SRK is not so important to Modi. 
Btw if it was Barkha or Rajdeep they would have probably made it worse. 

The PM's office need to be respected...umm, where was the respect when it came to the last PM? He was mocked , ridiculed by the current PM and by so many  others so this notion that just because someone is a PM , he needs to be respected is bull. Every citizen has a right to state his opinion about the leaders of this nation , good , bad or ugly.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Madame_89hamzanuhaHousefullpallavi25-DZ-

quicksilver. IF-Sizzlerz
quicksilver.
quicksilver.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mali89

This!! Just proved me.

Indeed it was something his wife said. It was still harsher than what SRK said. He's an adult, he should know how to use his words wisely... I wouldn't expect the "thinking actor" to handover the stick to be beaten with so easily.

I think this whole intolerance went out of proportion. Maybe a law was voted without the citizens noticing or something...

@Bold - I said the same. He shouldn't have shared the personal chat between him and his wife with media. Not at all!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Madame_89

MinzPie IF-Stunnerz
MinzPie
MinzPie

Stormtrooper of CC

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:13am | IP Logged
aamir's statement
To complete my answer that there is a sense of fear more than there was earlier. I do feel there is a sense of insecurity. When I sit at home and talk to Kiran. (Wife) Kiran and I have lived all our lives in India. For the first time, she said, should we move out of India? That's a disastrous and big statement for Kiran to make to me. She fears for her child. She fears about what the atmosphere around us will be. She feels scared to open the newspapers everyday. That does indicate that there is a sense of growing disquiet... growing sense of despondency. You feel depressed, you feel low.. why is it happening? This feeling exists in me too. 

SRK's statement

Earlier, talking to India Today TV, he said, "There is intolerance, there is extreme intolerance... there is, I think... there is growing intolerance.""It is stupid... It is stupid to be intolerant and this is our biggest issue, not just an issue... Religious intolerance and not being secular in this country is the worst kind of crime that you can do as a patriot," he said.

Edited by MiniRulz - 17 April 2016 at 8:15am

Go to top