Dahleez

India-Forums

Dahleez
Dahleez

its kaalai vanakkam not kalai vanakkam! (Page 2)

VIMAL.SM IF-Sizzlerz
VIMAL.SM
VIMAL.SM

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by preethik1234

in all tv shows they portray tamilian slang and dress just horible . 

TMOKC is one example .To show Iyer as Tamilan they have selected actor who is so dark to play the role.As if all Tamilians r so black.I remember watching a epi 2 0r 3 years back.In that Iyer gets upset with his wife n will say I am going to my village Chennai.I was like what the hell is this when does Chennai become village.

Agree
all tv shows they portray Tamilian slang and dress just horrible . Always make them say Aiyoo.These kind of things need to be changed.

Thanks to CV's for not portraying Swa as serial Tamil Girl.They have portrayed Swa as a contemporary Tamil girl.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hanishankViTharvforever

VIMAL.SM IF-Sizzlerz
VIMAL.SM
VIMAL.SM

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 6:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arshi2

omg!!Shockedmany tamil people r here...
i seriously want sumone to inform cvs or ph abt this...

cuming to aiyo..matleast thats a word v use often...LOL

n swadheenta is not a brahmin then y they r showing them as veg??? in south v prefer nonveg more unlike northLOL

Agree South people r hardcore Non Vegetarian.Diff City in Tamil Nadu has diff Non Veg cuisine.Like Chettinad is a fav Non Vegetarian cuisine.

hanishankViTharvforever

meenu1988 Newbie
meenu1988
meenu1988

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 6:53am | IP Logged
S.. Rightly said one more Tamil member here. I too feel it would be great if they concentrate a bit more on the slang and avoid over exaggeration as far as the dressing and lifestyle of Tamil families are concerned. When you have such a great actors like Harshad and tridha who emote really well only cvs should take a bit more care to make the things look more realistic and enjoyable

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hanishankVIMAL.SMViTharvforever

ViTharvforever IF-Sizzlerz
ViTharvforever
ViTharvforever

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 7:08am | IP Logged
for god sake Chennai is a metropolitan n gateway of india...India's economic growth depends a lot on Chennai...
a note to all hindi serial makers ...v southies r highly educated n modern compared to other parts of India...show something real.on us...otherwise pls dont potray any tamil family in ur shows...

lifeiscrazyVIMAL.SM

Aahaana Global Moderator
Aahaana
Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
The CV lacks knowledge about Chennai/TN in general and they are pretty much stereotype.  The actors should practice the pronunciation instead of killing Tamizh or hire actors who can speak both languages.

lifeiscrazyVIMAL.SM

DiscoDhokla IF-Rockerz
DiscoDhokla
DiscoDhokla

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
South indians are stereotyped.. and the over use of wrong tamil with off course weird accent is unbearable 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

VIMAL.SM

lifeiscrazy IF-Dazzler
lifeiscrazy
lifeiscrazy

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
I am also a southie from Chennai
As U said its true no one greets others with Vanakkam
Also horrible tamil pronounciationLOL
Its
paithyam na for me it sounds like pattyam alwaysLOLLOLLOL
I am a brahmin but even though my family is modern open minded not line swa amma and appa so narrow mindedThumbs Down
and a big no when it comes to costumes tamilians won't wear kanchipuram and dhotis all the time ROFL
Oh God Swa's father why r the showing him like that he doubts Swa all the time whether she has a bf or not
Swa's parents expression for the first time when they met Adarsh how rude they were i still remember how they looked at adarsh mama and mami were far betterThumbs Down
And one more thing Tamilians English is good its either they speak in tamil or english not Tamlish the way swa's father talked to Suhasini ROFL
seems like he is from another planet ROFL
cvs stop showing us as foolsLOLLOL
sorry if i hurt anyone with my viewsBig smile
manasSmile

Edited by sugunmanas - 17 April 2016 at 9:25pm

nimmu96VIMAL.SMViTharvforever

pomegranate IF-Sizzlerz
pomegranate
pomegranate

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Hindi serials portray punjabi's as loud and obnoxious and tamilians as fools. when in reality, tamilians are extremely well spoken, cultured and broad minded people. of course it depends on each person but still, swadheenta's parents especially the father is a caricature. 

nimmu96lifeiscrazyVIMAL.SM

Go to top