Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 90)

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:01am | IP Logged

So, @iamsrk just walked in the @ndtv office. I can say collective heartbeats of girls in the office has gone up. yeah, some tears too. #FAN

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

gatheringstormangrybreadqazplmBeautyful_Mess-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SalB

Baffles me as to why the Indian audience didn't accept Fan. Let's forget the fact that it's the best SRK movie in ages and his performance in it towers anything else from the last 10 years but as a movie itself - Fan is thrilling, engaging, well-shot and has that magic in it to connect with any fan of any star. The loopholes in the script weren't that huge to pull the movie down, so I call BS on that. Movies with worse potholes have been accepted so the cinematic liberties in Fan couldn't have been a huge deterrent. 

This year, especially, when the audience has been accepting content-driven like Ki & Ka  and critically-acclaimed movies like Neerja and Kapoor & Sons - why did Fan not work? The critics gave it a thumbs up, it enjoys good ratings on Imdb and RT.

I can only narrow it down to one thing - India is distancing itself from SRK for God knows what reason or can't accept SRK in a different avatar yet. It's a huge shame considering the man literally put Hindi Cinema on the global front and when the other superstars were dormant or flopping, he single-handedly delivered successes after successes. 

Anyway, I hope that SRK doesn't take this to heart. He's won his die hard fans and harshest critics back with a career-best performance - and this risk of his won't go in vain. My admiration for him, as an actor, has tripled after Fan. Hope he keeps on challenging himself, his craft and pushing his boundaries as an artist - and forgets the box office race and obsession with numbers. Years down the lane, no one will remember whether a Happy New Year did 200 crores or not. People won't even remember it. Whereas SRK's performance in and as Fan will still be used as a benchmark. 

I agree with each and every word.
I hope he doesn't take it to heart though...that's all that really matters 
It sucks man i really feel for him, let's hope this doesn't affect him much. 

SalBangrybreadpallavi25blue-ice.-DZ-

Aamnakideewani IF-Sizzlerz
Aamnakideewani
Aamnakideewani

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anam...

^^Let it go, no one should respond or react to the rubbish they say. They open various threads to instigate SRK fans, why give them the pleasure of being successful at that?
For them the measure of success is BO collections because that's the only kind of achievement their fave will have. Acting achievements are an impossible dream for their favourite star. 

It's very convenient how so many became fans of the current fave after his movies started becoming hits. They are the fair-weather fans. Once their favourite's movies start doing badly, they will find another favourite. 
What to get upset over what such fair-weather fans have to say??

but i can't listen bad for Srk a li guaruv in me tooLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25-DZ-

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:18am | IP Logged

Ok #quickquiz what is @iamsrk ka waist size? I know. If u guess 1st there's a prize waiting. Ssshhh @JMANSHOUTS

Beautyful_Mess-DZ-

Anam... IF-Sizzlerz
Anam...
Anam...

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aamnakideewani

Originally posted by Anam...

^^Let it go, no one should respond or react to the rubbish they say. They open various threads to instigate SRK fans, why give them the pleasure of being successful at that?
For them the measure of success is BO collections because that's the only kind of achievement their fave will have. Acting achievements are an impossible dream for their favourite star. 

It's very convenient how so many became fans of the current fave after his movies started becoming hits. They are the fair-weather fans. Once their favourite's movies start doing badly, they will find another favourite. 
What to get upset over what such fair-weather fans have to say??

but i can't listen bad for Srk a li guaruv in me tooLOL

Trust me I hate it too and want to go all Gaurav on them when they behave like Sid KapoorLOL but then I realise why give them the satisfaction of getting to me? 

humanspiritangrybreadBeautyful_MessAS-Rifi-DZ-

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:34am | IP Logged

Baffles me as to why the Indian audience didn't accept Fan. Let's forget the fact that it's the best SRK movie in ages and his performance in it towers anything else from the last 10 years but as a movie itself - Fan is thrilling, engaging, well-shot and has that magic in it to connect with any fan of any star. The loopholes in the script weren't that huge to pull the movie down, so I call BS on that. Movies with worse potholes have been accepted so the cinematic liberties in Fan couldn't have been a huge deterrent

This year, especially, when the audience has been accepting content-driven like Ki & Ka  and critically-acclaimed movies like Neerja and Kapoor & Sons - why did Fan not work? The critics gave it a thumbs up, it enjoys good ratings on Imdb and RT.

I can only narrow it down to one thing - India is distancing itself from SRK for God knows what reason or can't accept SRK in a different avatar yet. It's a huge shame considering the man literally put Hindi Cinema on the global front and when the other superstars were dormant or flopping, he single-handedly delivered successes after successes

Anyway, I hope that SRK doesn't take this to heart. He's won his die hard fans and harshest critics back with a career-best performance - and this risk of his won't go in vain. My admiration for him, as an actor, has tripled after Fan. Hope he keeps on challenging himself, his craft and pushing his boundaries as an artist - and forgets the box office race and obsession with numbers. Years down the lane, no one will remember whether a Happy New Year did 200 crores or not. People won't even remember it. Whereas SRK's performance in and as Fan will still be used as a benchmark. 

Clap Completely True, each and every word! Clap

@Bold: Exactly! 90% Hindi movies have gaping potholes, yet nobody points them out! Even if someone does, its waved away as inconsequential. Its ridiculous to single out Fan for its cinematic liberties as they are relatively few and most of them are explained in the movie, so maybe the complaining viewers didnt pay attention. In a taut thriller like this, one needs to watch carefully so as not to miss anything crucial.
 Basically people just want to bash the movie as its SRK! Otherwise they swallow garbage served by their favorite star but point out loopholes when its SRK's turn.

@ Red: That is So True! Clap SRK has been the most successful actor/ star since Rajesh Khanna, he gave the most hits and superhits to date, his success rate is the highest of all current superstars and he indeed put Hindi cinema on the global map. Other actors basically followed his lead.
Yet now he is being dismissed all the time!
When he does a commercial film like Dilwale he is bashed for not doing content driven films, when he does something unique like Fan, hes bashed for not getting BO numbers...even that is a blatant lie as Fan is still the best opener of the year and it still has time to make money. 

SRK has mostly non commercial movies lined up now...we will see if those cribbing abt his film choices appreciate his move towards content driven movies or fixate on BO success. That will reveal the real critics from the Hypocrites. 

Edited by pallavi25 - 19 April 2016 at 11:35am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

SalBhumanspiritMadame_89zaroonkashafilovecrepesangrybreadAS-RifiBeautyful_MessNestleToulouse-DZ-

briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:52am | IP Logged

Baffles me as to why the Indian audience didn't accept Fan. Let's forget the fact that it's the best SRK movie in ages and his performance in it towers anything else from the last 10 years but as a movie itself - Fan is thrilling, engaging, well-shot and has that magic in it to connect with any fan of any star. The loopholes in the script weren't that huge to pull the movie down, so I call BS on that. Movies with worse potholes have been accepted so the cinematic liberties in Fan couldn't have been a huge deterrent.

This year, especially, when the audience has been accepting content-driven like Ki & Ka and critically-acclaimed movies like Neerja and Kapoor & Sons - why did Fan not work? The critics gave it a thumbs up, it enjoys good ratings on Imdb and RT.

I can only narrow it down to one thing - India is distancing itself from SRK for God knows what reason or can't accept SRK in a different avatar yet. It's a huge shame considering the man literally put Hindi Cinema on the global front and when the other superstars were dormant or flopping, he single-handedly delivered successes after successes.

great post!
some very good points.
I think the problem is Shah has lost good 3 to 4 years doing crap movies. same thing I witnessed with begum. and now one will question: is it too little too late? I was screaming daily at begums choices, same I did for shah.
begum rejected some very big movies, and shah rejected the biggest hirani's 3 idiots. imagine where they would be sitting if they had done those movies.

times are changing, so are ppls choices. and time does not wait for anyone. and time is very crucial for a star (not an actor tho).

but that said, I am glad, finally shah has taken a step forward. and yes, no doubt we can question, how come movie crashed so soon. after all shah is a superstar right. but then I also ask myself, I loved Ranveer's Lootera so much, and not liked BM that much, how come one crashes so fast, and the other becomes a superhit.

before some will say now we comparing ranveer with shah, so lets say how come shah's one of the best swades was a no show at boxoffice as well. and that time he was ruling.

I don't have answers,
LOL , seriously I don't.
but one thing i want to say, i am not going to say BS that why it flopped, or BS why ppl are not watching it, or its a great movie everyone should watch it. everyone has different taste. hell i like masala film today, and tomorrow i might like an off beat film.
end of the day...some movies will be loved and some not. like i said, times are changing. and as for losing star power, everyone superstar will lose their star power one day. rajesh khanna and Amitabh b also lost their power once. LOL

SalBAS-Rifi

briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:59am | IP Logged
I cannot wait to see movie again tonight. after long time repeat showing for a shah movie

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

humanspiritAamnakideewaniAS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top