Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 79)

SRK_FKfan Groupbie
SRK_FKfan
SRK_FKfan

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:07am | IP Logged
We should also consider the fact it's summer families doesn't go out much unless its pure fun like jungle book. Weekdays no one steps out much because of heat. Everyone wants SRK film to do extraordinary business against all odds. All are forgetting what Eros did during dilwale. Single screens were divided. Raees got really good chances. Songs hain story hain sab kuch hain. They should go for Eid release or come a wk after eid

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pinnacle09AS-Rifi-DZ-

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:11am | IP Logged
Don't even get me started on the industry when it comes to Dilwale man. I'll just like to say something in general that most in this industry just care about their own interest and that's okay but just know this time they came for a couple of actors , tomorrow they might come for you too :)

I think it's an extremely flawed and simplified argument to blame his choices of films! Hell even his so called films which weren't "great" according to many have made profits in the past few years. Whether it be Ra.One or CE or HNY. HNY still holds the record for the biggest opening day collection if I'm not wrong. If the public didn't want to watch those , they wouldn't be going in such big numbers to watch them.

See, I want the clash. Not because I'm cocky about Raees doing better business or about its content but because I genuinely think Raees is meant for EID. They announced the date as early as they did obviously knowing that. I'm sure FAN's business at the BO would have an effect on the distributors out there but you know what this is one of the things I have always admired about Shahrukh's journey. Despite him being at the top position for as long as he has , people have a knack of writing him off every few years and he has a knack of bouncing back. Just like he did with FAN by giving a stellar performance and I hope with Raees and all his future projects , he gives a solid answer to all those who are back on the bandwagon of writing him off for the millionth time.

Edited by srkjuhi - 19 April 2016 at 2:13am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RabbitOnSkates_AS-Rifi-DZ--SalShah4eva-

Pinnacle09 Groupbie
Pinnacle09
Pinnacle09

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by humanspirit

Originally posted by Pinnacle09

@srkjuhi: Agree. The intolerance fiasco had actually died on, when it was deliberately stoked again and the whole negativity started. I think Dilwale was also SRK's first venture in the distribution. I wouldn't put it past the industry to have not wanted him in their space.
So everything that could go wrong, it did including the movie which wasn't great either.

No one came and spoke for SRK during the dilwale controversy just like no one came to support Aryan in Fan. 

As for Raees, I am pretty sure YRF wants a solo release on Eid.

I wouldn't put it past them to give lower figures for FAN just so Team Raees backs off. 

Considering none of us are going to make a single rupee from Raees, Sultan, Fan rather we will be spending it, LOLthe best we can hope for is the other 2 movies are really good as Fan achieved what it was meant to...for me atleast.

I hope FAN stays with people like kabhi haan kabhi na has for more than 20 years. That movie was no money spinner. But its a movie thats so relevant even today. I think FAN will also age like that. 20 years down the line my kids will hopefully be having a similar discussion on IF about FAN!

@bold: It will absolutely. This movie throws so many things at you, that it is very difficult to catch it the first time. Quite a few dialogues, scenes, SRK will stay and strengthen its hold on us over time for sure. 

We all have the potential to reach amazing heights. 
SRK did and still continues.
 The question is how long and how much are we willing to scale those heights?

zaroonkashafAS-Rifi-DZ-

-SalShah4eva- IF-Achieverz
-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SRK_FKfan

We should also consider the fact it's summer families doesn't go out much unless its pure fun like jungle book. Weekdays no one steps out much because of heat. Everyone wants SRK film to do extraordinary business against all odds. All are forgetting what Eros did during dilwale. Single screens were divided. Raees got really good chances. Songs hain story hain sab kuch hain. They should go for Eid release or come a wk after eid
Raees is competed. They were the first one to release the date. So, they shouldn't change the date. Should sick with it. Other movie is not even done yet. Just because salman release his movies on EID toh uski nahin hogi same goes with Aamir and srk movies.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

Fantasia. IF-Sizzlerz
Fantasia.
Fantasia.

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:17am | IP Logged

Review of a Pakistani Newspaper:

5 Reasons You need to watch Shahrukh Khan's FAN

KARACHI: If you're a Shah Rukh Khan fan, this piece isn't meant for you because either you have watched the megastar's latest venture already or have booked your tickets.

Recently, there was a lot of criticism following the release of Dilwale, all of which was primarily directed towards Shah Rukh, or, as he is fondly called, King Khan. Many said his career was over. Some were even ready to switch loyalties. Let's just say it wasn't the best time to be the biggest movie star in the world or his fan.

And then, he did what he does best: he made another movie. Titled Fan, the movie revolves around a young man named Gaurav " played by Shah Rukh Khan " who is obsessed with superstar Aryan Khanna " also played by Shah Rukh Khan.

Here are five reasons why you can't afford to miss Fan:

1) Shah Rukh Khan

Although Shah Rukh has played double roles in the past, Fan is certainly an exception because Gaurav and Aryan aren't twins separated at birth. Both the characters look alike but are not identical and that is where the movie's greatest strength lies.

The fact that Gaurav doesn't look identical to Aryan " the fictional character " and Shah Rukh " the real-life star - makes it easier for the audience to see him as a separate and independent character and gives authenticity to the plot.

Shah Rukh has nailed " NAILED " the walk, the talk, the mannerisms of a 20-something-year-old Delhi boy. Sure, the make-up and VFX have a lot to do with the way he looks but only an artist of his caliber could have pulled off the act with such aplomb.

2) Shah Rukh Khan

In Fan, you get to see Shah Rukh in three forms not two. Let that thought sink in for a while and try to understand what that means. First, there's Aryan Khanna. Although he shares many traits with the real life Shah Rukh, it still is a fictional character. There are sequences where you see glimpses of Shah Rukh in Aryan; for example the footage of Shah Rukh waving to crowds at his residence, Mannat, on his actual birthday.

But there are also scenes where you see Aryan helpless, sad and even depressed " private moments which Shah Rukh doesn't share with the whole world. And then there are action scenes, which most likely belong on only film " such as sequences where he is jumping off buildings and riding a motorbike on the streets of Croatia.

So, in essence, Aryan is a mix of two characters " only loosely based on the real star. And then there's Gaurav, who is nothing like Aryan or Shah Rukh. Three in the price of one. A real treat, don't you think?

3) Shah Rukh Khan

There is not a single song in the movie. Even the immensely popular number, Jabra Fan, hasn't been featured in the film. When was the last time you watched a Shah Rukh Khan movie that didn't have him shaking a leg in the picturesque locales of Switzerland or some other exotic part of the world?

Never.

That's right. Fan is Shah Rukh's first film to not feature a dance or romantic number. That alone should be proof enough that he has not just reinvented himself as an actor, but this bold step by him to feature in an atypical Bollywood film will greatly encourage young actors and filmmakers to be experimental.

4) Shah Rukh Khan

Shah Rukh Khan thanks Pakistani fans for tribute

There's a sequence in the film where Gaurav tries to mimick Aryan. Again, just let this thought sink in and try to imagine what this would be like.

Take your time. No rush.

Doesn't matter though, because unless you've seen that scene, you can't possibly imagine how unbelievably brilliant that is. Have you ever seen an actor mimick a fictional character based on his real-life persona? Sort of like a character-'inception'. Good for you, if you have. If you haven't, you must watch Fan.

5) Shah Rukh Khan

There's no denying that every person is a fan of someone or something. Whether it's a football player, a cricketer, a Hollywood celebrity on Instagram or Twitter or Facebook; everyone looks up to, admires or is inspired by someone. Ever wonder what kind of fan your favourite sportsperson or actor or musician would be?

Fan' releases uncut in Pakistan

It's hard to imagine a star to know what it feels like to queue for hours just to catch a glimpse of someone. Or how unforgettable it is to meet, get an autograph or a selfie with their favourite personality for just a moment.

Somehow, Shah Rukh knows. The expression on Gaurav's face " when he sees Aryan for the first time ever in the flesh " is hard to explain. It's an emotion that those of us, who have experienced meeting our favourite star, can relate to.

How can someone, who himself is a real-life star " perhaps one of the biggest in the world " get it right?

Somehow, Shah Rukh does. Because that is the kind of actor he is. So do yourself a favour, go watch Fan. Experience Bollywood like never before. Experience Shah Rukh Khan like never before.

May the King live on forever.

Source : http://tribune.com.pk/story/1087158/5-reasons-you-need-to-watch-shah-rukh-khans-fan/

Edited by Fantasia. - 19 April 2016 at 2:19am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

zaroonkashaf.Screwtape.angrybreadRabbitOnSkates_AS-Rifi-DZ-

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:18am | IP Logged
I'm going for FAN again sometime this weekend. I just hope they don't stop showing it since it ain't doing well at the BO here. I know there'd be quite a few who would want to watch it again so really hope the cinemas in my city continue with it for at least a week or more. 

angrybreadAS-Rifi-DZ-

swati82 IF-Dazzler
swati82
swati82

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:23am | IP Logged
I knew as soon as the film finished that this wasn't going to be a big box office success. It's a brilliant film, but quite complex. We argue that only content works now and that's true but if you see the trend this year the content film are still embedded in very universal themes, family, patriotism, heroism etc. Fan has a great theme but its not one that will appeal to a large section of people.

Regardless of its box office fate though, we got SRK the actor back, for now that's more than enough. Big smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

zaroonkashaf.Screwtape.angrybreadRabbitOnSkates_AS-Rifi-DZ-

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:24am | IP Logged
Loveee that article! Thanks for sharing it , Fantasia. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Fantasia.angrybreadAS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top