Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 78)

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:46am | IP Logged
I thought I'll throw my two cents out there as well. See , I personally think a lot of the negativity has to do with the intolerance controversy. If it were about his film choices , CE , HNY wouldn't have broken the records they did. Hell one can compare the BO figures of Dilwale in India ( not going into all the cancelled shows/vandalism/protests) and compare it with how much it earned overseas. I'm not justifying the kind of film it was. I know many didn't like it but I think it is an extremely flawed statement when we say only content driven movies work at the BO. If it were the case , his last three wouldn't have. It's only before Dilwale that people started with the negativity and everyone knows why. Even before FAN , there were anti Shahurkh trends almost everyday on twitter which obviously were countered by positive trends. Now , before someone thinks I'm giving an excuse , no I'm not. It's just reality. Anyone who has been on twitter would know that,. I personally know of people who refused to watch Dilwale because of him expressing an opinion.

Now coming to FAN , I still think people are writing it off a little too early. Wait for the final figures to come in. Even IF it ends up being a disaster , at least , it'll be a beautiful disaster Big smile It'll be one that will be remembered forever as being one of his best. Just like Swades was.

I will say though and this is me just wondering out loud , that it will probably have an affect on Raees's release strategy. I fall in the category where I want it to release on EID but let's see as to what the producers decide.

Also , can I just say I'm so effing happy about the kind of business it's doing in Pakistan. It's a fantastic movie and I'm glad folks there are acknowledging it by going to the theaters and giving it a shot :)

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Pinnacle09humanspiritAamnakideewani.Screwtape.RabbitOnSkates_AS-Rifi-DZ--SalShah4eva-

-SalShah4eva- IF-Achieverz
-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by srkjuhi

I thought I'll throw my two cents out there as well. See , I personally think a lot of the negativity has to do with the intolerance controversy. If it were about his film choices , CE , HNY wouldn't have broken the records they did. Hell one can compare the BO figures of Dilwale in India ( not going into all the cancelled shows/vandalism/protests) and compare it with how much it earned overseas. I'm not justifying the kind of film it was. I know many didn't like it but I think it is an extremely flawed statement when we say only content driven movies work at the BO. If it were the case , his last three wouldn't have. It's only before Dilwale that people started with the negativity and everyone knows why. Even before FAN , there were anti Shahurkh trends almost everyday on twitter which obviously were countered by positive trends. Now , before someone thinks I'm giving an excuse , no I'm not. It's just reality. Anyone who has been on twitter would know that,. I personally know of people who refused to watch Dilwale because of him expressing an opinion.

Now coming to FAN , I still think people are writing it off a little too early. Wait for the final figures to come in. Even IF it ends up being a disaster , at least , it'll be a beautiful disaster Big smile It'll be one that will be remembered forever as being one of his best. Just like Swades was.

I will say though and this is me just wondering out loud , that it will probably have an affect on Raees's release strategy. I fall in the category where I want it to release on EID but let's see as to what the producers decide.

Also , can I just say I'm so effing happy about the kind of business it's doing in Pakistan. It's a fantastic movie and I'm glad folks there are acknowledging it by going to the theaters and giving it a shot :)
I miss those old days when nobody cared abt BO. Arrey mujhe yeh tak nahin maloom tha what the hell wasBO till 3idiots happened ROFL

No wonder now actors dont take risk. They knows they have to make more than 150c or 200 to consider good filmOuch

From 70's 2002 was good days.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zaroonkashaf-DZ-

humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

Originally posted by awkardpyscho

According to BOI, Fan is/has chances of being a commercial success. Thats a quite a news since everyone here was calling it a disaster and a washout

The trade pundits on this forum? LOL They have been declaring Fan is a flop just after 2 days of release. They wont wait to see its collections till even a week is over. They know better than BO experts. Tongue

Fan has a clear run upto 29th so 2 clear weeks...it will recover its costs. 
Nahi ho payega, but jaane do na..lets take it as a flop. If we really believe BO doesnt matter then lets accept it is a flop. The question is now what. I personally strongly believe that FAN is a step in the right direction. Not just for srk but for the entire industry. This is a landmark film not because of content but because of context. By context i mean the state that bollywood is in, every filmmaker needs to watch FAN and introspect. Do they want to continue playing safe? Or someone has got the guts to make another FAN with lets say Salman? 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.Screwtape.RabbitOnSkates_AS-Rifi-DZ-

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by theprince

i want Fan to be hit and till now totally excited to watch the film but About BOI statment and the film in the safe is totally shit and we know BOI always support Shahrukh

i mean 105 is the budget the film need 120 cr to recover forget the hit status then how their is no lose TILL NOW ROFL

THE FILM NEED TO CROSS 105 CR THEN WE CAN TALK HERE

TARAN Adarsh :
YRF has recovered a substantial amount from the pre-sale of Satellite rights, while the remaining rights [worldwide theatrical, worldwide digital - audio and video, worldwide licensing, worldwide merchandising and other rights] should ensure recovery of the investment and profits for YRF. In short, FAN should emerge a profitable venture for the investors in the final tally. "
srk himself said fan may not work at BO .
its budget 100cr. doesnt mean they sold it to 100crs .for sure  they sold it in a low price so that everyone can earn some profit.

Edited by AishMinoz - 19 April 2016 at 1:54am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by srkjuhi

I sure want raees to clash with sultan. Not that sultan will be a bad film, but i am so sure of raees that nothing can stop it. Why the clash? It will be a direct test of content vs masala. Sultan could also be content but prima facie i will put raees in the category of content and sultan in masala.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RabbitOnSkates_AS-Rifi-DZ-

guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

Originally posted by humanspirit

There is so much negativity around srk movies that it makes me uncomfortable. I had to literally convince my family to watch FAN. They were like shahrukh ki picture nahi dekhni. Even my friends had the same pinion. I dont know how this hatred has come up in recent times. This what worries me. FAN ka flop hona is no issue at all. As I have said earlier, I feel proud after FAN flopped because it shows our srk is willing to sacrifice BO for quality. Chinta ki baat negativity hai. Why do people want to stay away from srk filmsConfused

1) The intolerance controversy in which he was falsely implicated, ever since then there has been a concentrated attempt to derail SRK and boycott his movies thru anti SRK propaganda online and offline. My friend was advising me against Dilwale when it just released and urging me to make fun of it online, before I blasted her. Some rival actor's fans are also responsible for a lot of this negativity.

2) SRK appeals mostly to urban audiences in the big cities. Small towns, rural areas dont appreciate his films. Rajasthan, Gujrat, CP, Bihar, these regions have also turned against him recently after the intolerance controversy...there is a lot of the Hindutva thing going on in these places.
 As for Fan, these regions would never understand or appreciate a hatke movie like that, they are the types who watch those asinine serials on Star Plus and make them run for 10 yrs. Sleepy

3) SRK shd botox his face like Aamir did and get a steroid body like the other one, then his movies will make more money like the other 2...LOL

4) But Aamir also wont be spared when his movie Dangal releases later this year, there will be a major backlash, Im sure of that ...as he actually publicly said what he said... and there are literally hordes of haters out there already announcing they will boycott his movies. 

Still, I dont think Fan will be a flop, its already made almost 60 crores in India and 120 crores worldwide.
It will just recover its costs, which is good enough for a niche movie like this. SRK had said before its release that they are not expecting huge BO numbers from this movie. 

LMAO! We are at it once again. I simply don't understand. It's one thing to say that a particular film caters to a certain section of audience and it's a different thing to ridicule the other sections for not being able to 'appreciate' some films. Why should they? Everybody has different expectations for a movie. More-over these audience only made movies like CE, OSO, MHN hits coz they appealed to them. A movie's success or failure can be determined by seeing whether the target audiencehas accepted it or not. In the case of Fan unfortunately it's not really trending well and started to crash from the third day itself, despite getting a solid opening. The reasons might be that people found it too uncomfortable or didn't simply find it suitable for a theatrical viewing.. As they say, different strokes for different folks. But we'll have to wait and see how this movie ends up in thelong run. As in, if it would age extremely gracefully or not. If it would be forgotten or not. Given, how much I loved this film..I'd want it to get recognized as a good film over the years.

As for the negativity, it only has to do with SRK's movies not appealing to the audience since a long time. Still I wouldn't say that people don't even want to watch his movies. This movie barely had any promotions or commercial appeal yet it managed to collect around 20 crores on its first day. So people were ready it give it a chance on the first day itself.  If the Wom of a movie is indeed good, it does survive against all the odds and finds many takers. Indian audience' love their movies more than anything else. They wouldn't miss what they'd consider an entertaining movie for random reasons. 

Other than that, we can always debate about the reach of a particular genre of movies. Whether the audience from this section is open to a certain genre or not. Whether they like tragedies minus romance or not. So many actors have some films in their filmography that they are extremely proud of, yet they might not have done well at the box office. Now why didn't they do well initially and found takers later is another point altogether. Sometimes not all movies are money spinners and we can't  just blame one single factor for that. 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

KaanKeNiche.humanspiritMrsChandlerBingOJ6.0.Screwtape.AS-RifiTheRager-SalShah4eva--DZ-

Pinnacle09 Groupbie
Pinnacle09
Pinnacle09

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:00am | IP Logged
@srkjuhi: Agree. The intolerance fiasco had actually died on, when it was deliberately stoked again and the whole negativity started. I think Dilwale was also SRK's first venture in the distribution. I wouldn't put it past the industry to have not wanted him in their space.
So everything that could go wrong, it did including the movie which wasn't great either.

No one came and spoke for SRK during the dilwale controversy just like no one came to support Aryan in Fan. 

As for Raees, I am pretty sure YRF wants a solo release on Eid.

I wouldn't put it past them to give lower figures for FAN just so Team Raees backs off. 

Considering none of us are going to make a single rupee from Raees, Sultan, Fan rather we will be spending it, LOLthe best we can hope for is the other 2 movies are really good as Fan achieved what it was meant to...for me atleast.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

humanspiritzaroonkashafAS-Rifi-DZ-

humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pinnacle09

@srkjuhi: Agree. The intolerance fiasco had actually died on, when it was deliberately stoked again and the whole negativity started. I think Dilwale was also SRK's first venture in the distribution. I wouldn't put it past the industry to have not wanted him in their space.
So everything that could go wrong, it did including the movie which wasn't great either.

No one came and spoke for SRK during the dilwale controversy just like no one came to support Aryan in Fan. 

As for Raees, I am pretty sure YRF wants a solo release on Eid.

I wouldn't put it past them to give lower figures for FAN just so Team Raees backs off. 

Considering none of us are going to make a single rupee from Raees, Sultan, Fan rather we will be spending it, LOLthe best we can hope for is the other 2 movies are really good as Fan achieved what it was meant to...for me atleast.

I hope FAN stays with people like kabhi haan kabhi na has for more than 20 years. That movie was no money spinner. But its a movie thats so relevant even today. I think FAN will also age like that. 20 years down the line my kids will hopefully be having a similar discussion on IF about FAN!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Pinnacle09zaroonkashafRabbitOnSkates_AS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top