Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 77)

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MoonBow.

Originally posted by humanspirit

There is so much negativity around srk movies that it makes me uncomfortable. I had to literally convince my family to watch FAN. They were like shahrukh ki picture nahi dekhni. Even my friends had the same opinion. I dont know how this hatred has come up in recent times. This what worries me. FAN ka flop hona is no issue at all. As I have said earlier, I feel proud after FAN flopped because it shows our srk is willing to sacrifice BO for quality. Chinta ki baat negativity hai. Why do people want to stay away from srk filmsConfused

the negativity was due to his choices lately. pretty much lame storylines which became a hit.. dilwale was the biggest disappointment after HNY.

as for this film, it had great positivity in buzz before the film among the urban audience and critics ..

like someone said before, he had gained bac
k his fans and sustained brand equity.

Yaar i disagree. I mean if choice of films was the reason then salman ki kick was no better than hny...same with prdp. But it hasnt impacted the image of sallu. Sallu films havent had great content either but wom has been excellent. Bodyguard, jai ho were also bad, but his image is intact. Oh ya dabang 2 was bad too.

no the thing is some of the films like Bodyguard, Kick were south remakes. Hindi audience do lap up all of those commercial content. Masala > Content for his cases. . Thus, some of the rural places enjoy his cinema more than the others..

However, from this year we have seen a difference in trend with quality cinema being hits and accepted.. So SRK has a huge chance, people have already enjoyed his acting in Fan, and I hope Raees gives the commercial and acting aspect in a wholesome manner. Also going by his choices, some of his choices of directors are different too. Let's see.

The rural and small town audiences reject content/ quality and go for masala. 
I found PRDP and Ready totally unwatchable, yet these 2 made money...its due to the bad taste of audiences in certain regions, the same viewers who gleefully watch asinine serials on Star Plus and Zee for years and years. 
This is also why even really good movies of Akshay, like Baby, Special 26 didnt make money and even Airlift didnt make as much money as some crappy movies like PRDP.
Quality movies like Neerja, Airlift, Fan, Kapoor and Sons still have very limited appeal in India, only amongst urban viewers.
They make more money overseas.

Edited by pallavi25 - 19 April 2016 at 1:04am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

humanspiritAS-Rifi-DZ-

theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:03am | IP Logged
i want Fan to be hit and till now totally excited to watch the film but About BOI statment and the film in the safe is totally shit and we know BOI always support Shahrukh

i mean 105 is the budget the film need 120 cr to recover forget the hit status then how their is no lose TILL NOW ROFL

THE FILM NEED TO CROSS 105 CR THEN WE CAN TALK HERE

Edited by theprince - 19 April 2016 at 1:06am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Briyanikidaig

humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

There is so much negativity around srk movies that it makes me uncomfortable. I had to literally convince my family to watch FAN. They were like shahrukh ki picture nahi dekhni. Even my friends had the same opinion. I dont know how this hatred has come up in recent times. This what worries me. FAN ka flop hona is no issue at all. As I have said earlier, I feel proud after FAN flopped because it shows our srk is willing to sacrifice BO for quality. Chinta ki baat negativity hai. Why do people want to stay away from srk filmsConfused

the negativity was due to his choices lately. pretty much lame storylines which became a hit.. dilwale was the biggest disappointment after HNY.

as for this film, it had great positivity in buzz before the film among the urban audience and critics ..

Yaar i disagree. I mean if choice of films was the reason then salman ki kick was no better than hny...same with prdp. But it hasnt impacted the image of sallu. Sallu films havent had great content either but wom has been excellent. Bodyguard, jai ho were also bad, but his image is intact. Oh ya dabang 2 was bad too.

no the thing is some of the films like Bodyguard, Kick were south remakes. Hindi audience do lap up all of those commercial content. Masala > Content for his cases. . Thus, some of the rural places enjoy his cinema more than the others..

However, from this year we have seen a difference in trend with quality cinema being hits and accepted.. So SRK has a huge chance, people have already enjoyed his acting in Fan, and I hope Raees gives the commercial and acting aspect in a wholesome manner. Also going by his choices, some of his choices of directors are different too. Let's see.

I found PRDP and Ready totally unwatchable, yet these 2 made money...its due to the bad taste of audiences in certain regions, the same viewers who gleefully watch asinine serials on Star Plus and Zee for years and years. 
This is also why even really good movies of Akshay, like Baby, Special 26 didnt make money and even Airlift didnt make as much money as some crappy movies like PRDP.
Quality movies like Neerja, Airlift, Fan, Kapoor and Sons still has very limited appeal in India, only amongst urban viewers.
Asinine serials on zee and star...too goodClap

pallavi25AS-Rifi-DZ-

.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:06am | IP Logged

Quality movies like Neerja, Airlift, Fan, Kapoor and Sons still has very limited appeal in India, only amongst urban viewers.

It will take a while to make a big switch. As long there is a demand the supply will be there. Actors Like SRK should step up and do more content oriented films. And the taste may change. Even recently his choice of doing more films is to penetrate those markets too. Urban audience with acting oriented. A commercial film for his mass audience.. 

The quality films above are all made with lower budget.. Except for Fan. With all the CGI work.. My preference would be having lower budget for such Experimental film.

Edited by MoonBow. - 19 April 2016 at 1:10am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

humanspiritswati82AS-Rifipallavi25-DZ-

ZorZorSe IF-Rockerz
ZorZorSe
ZorZorSe

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:24am | IP Logged
as i recived 

Pinnacle09RabbitOnSkates_-DZ-

-SalShah4eva- IF-Achieverz
-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:25am | IP Logged

I loved the discussion you guys are having. Amazing to read. I am happy SRK did Fan because its okay if it flopped u know why? Because he got his old fans back Now slow and steady he will come back. In the past few years he did some bad films so he lost. He just need to leave farah and aditya chopra. You guys see right the praises srk getting. I am sure raaes gonna be good. I have seen dhokhla work he an amazing direction just coz his movie didnt worked it doesnt mean this it won't. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Pinnacle09humanspiritAS-Rifi-DZ-

-SalShah4eva- IF-Achieverz
-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:29am | IP Logged

It will take a while to make a big switch. As long there is a demand the supply will be there. Actors Like SRK should step up and do more content oriented films. And the taste may change. Even recently his choice of doing more films is to penetrate those markets too. Urban audience with acting oriented. A commercial film for his mass audience.. 

The quality films above are all made with lower budget.. Except for Fan. With all the CGI work.. My preference would be having lower budget for such Experimental film.
There were times when AB was not doing well too. Even few years back he did not but he did came back and consider best actor too. Not worries peepsTongue

Let the haters hate srk wont go anywhere. He's gaining all his old fans back.Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Pinnacle09ZorZorSeAS-Rifi-DZ-

Pinnacle09 Groupbie
Pinnacle09
Pinnacle09

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:46am | IP Logged
@pallavi:  Thank you and loved every single thing you added to it. There were so many moments that will stay with you for a long time from the movie.
People complain movie makers tread audience as idiots. When the maker makes a movie where the hints are there, you are supposed to decipher it, people complain.

Maybe Fan should have given a statutory warning : . Please Pay attention. We know are you smart enough to pick on the hints we throw at you. Have fun.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top