Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 76)

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by humanspirit

There is so much negativity around srk movies that it makes me uncomfortable. I had to literally convince my family to watch FAN. They were like shahrukh ki picture nahi dekhni. Even my friends had the same pinion. I dont know how this hatred has come up in recent times. This what worries me. FAN ka flop hona is no issue at all. As I have said earlier, I feel proud after FAN flopped because it shows our srk is willing to sacrifice BO for quality. Chinta ki baat negativity hai. Why do people want to stay away from srk filmsConfused

1) The intolerance controversy in which he was falsely implicated, ever since then there has been a concentrated attempt to derail SRK and boycott his movies thru anti SRK propaganda online and offline. My friend was advising me against Dilwale when it just released and urging me to make fun of it online, before I blasted her. Some rival actor's fans are also responsible for a lot of this negativity.

2) SRK appeals mostly to urban audiences in the big cities. Small towns, rural areas dont appreciate his films. Rajasthan, Gujrat, CP, Bihar, these regions have also turned against him recently after the intolerance controversy...there is a lot of the Hindutva thing going on in these places.
 As for Fan, these regions would never understand or appreciate a hatke movie like that, they are the types who watch those asinine serials on Star Plus and make them run for 10 yrs. Sleepy

3) SRK shd botox his face like Aamir did and get a steroid body like the other one, then his movies will make more money like the other 2...LOL

4) But Aamir also wont be spared when his movie Dangal releases later this year, there will be a major backlash, Im sure of that ...as he actually publicly said what he said... and there are literally hordes of haters out there already announcing they will boycott his movies. 

Still, I dont think Fan will be a flop, its already made almost 60 crores in India and 120 crores worldwide.
It will just recover its costs, which is good enough for a niche movie like this. SRK had said before its release that they are not expecting huge BO numbers from this movie. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pinnacle09AS-Rifi-DZ-

Coldplaying IF-Rockerz
Coldplaying
Coldplaying

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:42am | IP Logged

FAN Weekend Update Pakistan :: Shatters All Records

2016-04-18 11:42:420Slider
FAN has shattered Weekend record for Hindi films by recording biggest Weekend ever for Hindi films leaving behind both Dilwale and Dhoom 3.. As per early estimates figures are looking to go over 6.5cr mark and might even end around 7cr mark!

Film has done astonishing business in all circuits! Despite dark thriller with no song film has left behind all Hindi films over the Weekend and is just behind Jawani Phir Nahi Ani and Fast and Furious 7.. Jawani Phir Nahi Ani got advantage of Eid release whereas Furious 7 had 3d prints! Film's these numbers are unbelievable as it went houseful every where over the Weekend and this result over working days and with dull genre is stupendous..

Below are Weekend daily estimates..

Friday.. 2.05cr

Saturday.. 2.4cr

Sunday.. 2.15cr

Total.. 6.6cr

Film's Saturday numbers are biggest single day numbers ever for any Hindi film whereas Sunday numbers are biggest Sunday numbers ever for any Hindi release..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.Screwtape.AS-Rifipallavi25-DZ-

awkardpyscho Senior Member
awkardpyscho
awkardpyscho

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:43am | IP Logged
According to BOI, Fan is/has chances of being a commercial success. Thats a quite a news since everyone here was calling it a disaster and a washout

pallavi25AS-Rifi-DZ-

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:44am | IP Logged

Originally posted by MoonBow.

There is so much negativity around srk movies that it makes me uncomfortable. I had to literally convince my family to watch FAN. They were like shahrukh ki picture nahi dekhni. Even my friends had the same opinion. I dont know how this hatred has come up in recent times. This what worries me. FAN ka flop hona is no issue at all. As I have said earlier, I feel proud after FAN flopped because it shows our srk is willing to sacrifice BO for quality. Chinta ki baat negativity hai. Why do people want to stay away from srk filmsConfused

the negativity was due to his choices lately. pretty much lame storylines which became a hit.. dilwale was the biggest disappointment after HNY.

as for this film, it had great positivity in buzz before the film among the urban audience and critics ..

like someone said before, he had gained bac
k his fans and sustained brand equity.

Yaar i disagree. I mean if choice of films was the reason then salman ki kick was no better than hny...same with prdp. But it hasnt impacted the  image of sallu. Sallu films havent had great content either but wom has been excellent. Bodyguard, jai ho were also bad, but his image is intact. Oh ya dabang 2 was bad too.

Sallu's fan group is different from SRK's. They are satisfied with certain commercial elements which Sallu makes sure is present in his films. SRK's fans are both urban and massy and expectations are higher from his films vs Sallu's. Since his resurgence with Dabangg in 2010 Sallu's really really horrible films have been Dabangg2 and Jai Ho. Dabangg, Kick were fun movies, BB was good. Bodyguard, Ready, ETT ok one time watch movies. Whereas some of SRK's biggest movies were like Ra1, HNY were Dabangg2 and JH level terrible. JTHJ, Dilwale were strictly ok just because of SRK and nothing more for anyone else. CE was good and MNIK, Don2, Fan kinda fall in the same category of being non commercial despite being good. Due to SRK being in the film they are expensive and thus expectations are higher. Whereas the same films would work with other actors if the costs and expectations are lower IMO. 

humanspiritswati82AS-Rifi-DZ-

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by awkardpyscho

According to BOI, Fan is/has chances of being a commercial success. Thats a quite a news since everyone here was calling it a disaster and a washout

The trade pundits on this forum? LOL They have been declaring Fan is a flop just after 2 days of release. They wont wait to see its collections till even a week is over. They know better than BO experts. Tongue

Fan has a clear run upto 29th so 2 clear weeks...it will recover its costs. 

Pinnacle09AS-Rifi-DZ-

.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by MoonBow.

There is so much negativity around srk movies that it makes me uncomfortable. I had to literally convince my family to watch FAN. They were like shahrukh ki picture nahi dekhni. Even my friends had the same opinion. I dont know how this hatred has come up in recent times. This what worries me. FAN ka flop hona is no issue at all. As I have said earlier, I feel proud after FAN flopped because it shows our srk is willing to sacrifice BO for quality. Chinta ki baat negativity hai. Why do people want to stay away from srk filmsConfused

the negativity was due to his choices lately. pretty much lame storylines which became a hit.. dilwale was the biggest disappointment after HNY.

as for this film, it had great positivity in buzz before the film among the urban audience and critics ..

like someone said before, he had gained bac
k his fans and sustained brand equity.

Yaar i disagree. I mean if choice of films was the reason then salman ki kick was no better than hny...same with prdp. But it hasnt impacted the image of sallu. Sallu films havent had great content either but wom has been excellent. Bodyguard, jai ho were also bad, but his image is intact. Oh ya dabang 2 was bad too.

no the thing is some of the films like Bodyguard, Kick were south remakes. Hindi audience do lap up all of those commercial content. Masala > Content for his cases. . Thus, some of the rural places enjoy his cinema more than the others..

However, from this year we have seen a difference in trend with quality cinema being hits and accepted.. So SRK has a huge chance, people have already enjoyed his acting in Fan, and I hope Raees gives the commercial and acting aspect in a wholesome manner. Also going by his choices, some of his choices of directors are different too. Let's see.

Pinnacle09humanspiritAS-Rifi-DZ-

ZorZorSe IF-Rockerz
ZorZorSe
ZorZorSe

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:49am | IP Logged
this is the best reaction

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Briyanikidaig

Pinnacle09 Groupbie
Pinnacle09
Pinnacle09

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:53am | IP Logged
I just posted this in one of the threads and posting it here again as it is related to box office and apparently SRK is a fraudD'oh
Just because theatre owners are saying shows are sold out when they are not.

This is what I wrote:

Sooo,

SRK who is NOT the producer of FAN instructed all theater people to not sell his movie tickets.

He is completely fine with fans/audience who want to see his movie in theater, will not be able to do so.Ouch

WOAH!!!! This guy is a pure marketing genius isn't he?Day Dreaming

No wonder he gets called to speak at business schoolsCool

After all who can come up with the idea of sabotaging his own movieErmm

Since we are playing a game of fantastic conspiracy theories ( atleast I am, NOWLOL) Here is mine:

YRF being the producer of FAN cheated the audience, created a fraud illusion that the movie is houseful when it is not so.

After all it can easily make up the loss of 50 crore that it will probably make and make up for it by ensuring Sultan gets a solo release. Makes perfect business sense right?Evil Smile

After all Theater will show only actual sales of tickets and not obviously take into account the ones that they turned away - Denting the overall figures of the movie.

People will tell Team Raess, see SRK could not deliver much in numbers with Fan why do you want to dent its prospects, change your release date.

Completely IGNORING the fact that SRK delivered in terms of acting, a good movie ( a lot of people will disagree, sure - their choice). His brand equity and the expectations post Fan have soared at an all time high. 

So you can bet double the number of audience will want to watch Raees now.

So as far as I see Team Raees is on very solid grounds here.Cool

Note - I am a biased SRK fan. 

I want both Raees and Sultan to do well. Doesn't matter to me             if they clash or not.

Think my theory is crazy? Maybe it is or Maybe not. Evil Smile

Your choiceEmbarrassed

Edited by Pinnacle09 - 19 April 2016 at 1:36am

pallavi25AS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top