Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 75)

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Harshdeep Kaur @HarshdeepKaur Apr 17 New Delhi, India

@iamsrk is FANtabulous in #FAN! He's the Ranjha to my #Heer Always your Fan for life! Keep making awesome films like these!! Love you SRK!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anitaraniAS-Rifi

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Fan First Monday Business
Tuesday 19 April 2016 11.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
?

Fan has seen a big drop in collections on Monday with collections in the 5.75 crore crore nett range. The drop is 70% from day one but day one was a holiday . If we take the fair value of day one the drop is around 60% which is still too high. 

This was always going to be the problem with film unless the content worked all over. The opening which the film took of was far too high for this type of film. If a film is nearing 20 crore nett on day one then the content and story telling has to be such that appeals all over. 

Despite the big drop, the film is still commercially safe as will go into the black and with Yash Raj Films holding all rights there is no one in the chain to lose any money but eventually the film content has not found acceptance and the theatrical business will not go very far. The first four day business is around 57.75 crore nett and the first week will probably close somewhere around 70 crore nett mark

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.Screwtape.....Poojie....AS-Rifi-DZ-

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pinnacle09

Let me get the mandatory introduction/disclaimer out of the way.

I am a newbie here though not exactly new to I-F. Since I am newbie, I obviously must be a biased fan.

I AM.LOL

I will just share some thoughts on few things that stood out apart from SRK who was absolutely brilliant!

*Some spoilers ahead*

1. How did Gaurav travel to foreign places and pull the stunts he did?

Well, they did show Gaurav selling off his cybercafe. So one can safely assume, he would have got a size-able amount that will take care of his travel expenses especially since he was not going to travel business class or stay in an expensive hotel.

2. How did he pull off the stunts at the wax museum and at the wedding?

Gaurav is very active on the social media. Is it really hard to believe that all he had to do was track some fan-clubs/PR articles which constantly release information about the star's current and future itinerary? 

A reloaded show would be planned and announced much in advance, even a marriage where Aryan Khanna would participate would have some media buzz. The guy is shown as tech 
savvy unlike yours truly, so yeah...the whole thing is possible...NOT Impossible.

3. Fake ID in a foreign country.

He probably traveled using his own original passport. To be a member of the crew, he needed the fake id. You see him walk into a shop, come out with a fake beard. Haven't we seen in movies/read in novels like Ludlum-Hailey-Archer - it is not that tough to get those things. Gaurav obviously did his research and got luckyLOL

4. Highly improbable act of revenge for a small thing.

Well, we never know how far each one of us will go if we are pushed or feel have been wronged. 
Gaurav might not be an academic genius, he was not an idiot either. He was smart in a lot of ways. The guy felt wronged. Cry

He tells his family once he returns that he has wasted his life behind Aryan and is going to live his life. So I don't think, the family would have suspected something odd when he burnt his Aryan collection. 

5. The chases were unrealistic.

Maybe. I thought they were brilliantly executed. Clap

Living my own Gaurav moment here, I guess.EmbarrassedLOL

An excellent and much needed explanation of the all the supposed loopholes. Clap 

I was also wondering why people are cribbing abt the lack of logic in the 2nd half. Do people even watch every scene carefully when they are in the theater or are they busy checking their phones?LOL

Fan is a fast paced thriller and people shd pay attention to every scene and dialogue, otherwise they miss crucial info and then wonder later, Hey how is this happening? LOL

I would like to add a few things:

1. How did Gaurav travel to foreign places and pull the stunts he did?

Gaurav sold his cyber cafe and his dad asked him did he get a good price and he smiles and says, Dont worry I will invest it wisely. Then after intermission, they show its one year later, Aryan is in London for the show and Gaurav has followed him there. 
So Gaurav had one year to invest his money and save enough to travel abroad, he had one year to get visas, make all the plans of action for his revenge.

2. How did he pull off the stunts at the wax museum and at the wedding?

Immediately after the interval, some VJ or DJ was announcing Aryan's entire itinerary in Europe, abt his London concert, his stint at the wedding in Dubrovnik etc...so it was common knowledge. Of course Gaurav would know it from much before as he was a stalker, would have found out thru social media and the concert would have been announced months ahead.

3. Fake ID in a foreign country.

As u said, Gaurav was a tech savvy young man...he entered Croatia with his own passport but made a fake ID at the wedding venue, he pretended to be a Croatian after learning the language online...they showed him doing that. 
The cat and mouse game at the wedding was very exciting though, especially as Gaurav passes within a few feet of Aryan several times...and of course Gaurav's face revealed during the dance was the creepiest and most thrilling denouement of that wedding fiasco. 

4. Highly improbable act of revenge for a small thing.

It wasnt a small thing for Gaurav. He had spent his childhood and youth adoring and loving Aryan with a maniacal fervour. So when Aryan sends him to jail and tells him hes not a fan, it breaks Gaurav's heart. Love turns to hatred...and that is a dangerous thing. 
The rejected fan would go to any lengths to teach his idol a lesson to not take his love for granted. 
Since he burned Aryan's photos on that same terrace where the ending climax takes place, his parents didnt see him burning his idol's pics. His parents, girlfriend, nobody had any idea what he was going thru as he managed to hide it well. Pent up rage is more destructive.

And yes, as someone mentioned on another Fan thread, obsessed fan can kill their idol...John Lennon was killed by an ex- fan who turned against him. Selena, the singer was killed by the president of her fan club...though there was money involved in that murder. But fan turning against idol can happen and its not improbable as some are saying. 

5. The chases were unrealistic.

The jumping and leaping on the rooftops of Dubrovnik was rather far fetched but Gaurav had already been shown performing such stunts in the 1st half when police were trying to catch him at the delapidated hotel and he leapt out of the window and hung precariously, jumping over window sills to escape. Gaurav was shown as extremely agile, reckless and daring so it wasnt far fetched. Same with Aryan, hes a movie star who does action scenes so he can leap and jump if required but at the same time they showed the aging star slow down at times or fall during the chase. 

People dont look for such logic when some other hero beats up 10 goons single handedly...only with SRK's action scenes they always have problems. LOL

Edited by pallavi25 - 19 April 2016 at 12:10am

AS-Rifi-DZ-

humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:18am | IP Logged
There is so much negativity around srk movies that it makes me uncomfortable. I had to literally convince my family to watch FAN. They were like shahrukh ki picture nahi dekhni. Even my friends had the same opinion. I dont know how this hatred has come up in recent times. This what worries me. FAN ka flop hona is no issue at all. As I have said earlier, I feel proud after FAN flopped because it shows our srk is willing to sacrifice BO for quality. Chinta ki baat negativity hai. Why do people want to stay away from srk filmsConfused

Edited by humanspirit - 19 April 2016 at 12:21am

AS-Rifi-DZ-

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by humanspirit

There is so much negativity around srk movies that it makes me uncomfortable. I had to literally convince my family to watch FAN. They were like shahrukh ki picture nahi dekhni. Even my friends had the same opinion. I dont know how this hatred has come up in recent times. This what worries me. FAN ka flop hona is no issue at all. As I have said earlier, I feel proud after FAN flopped because it shows our srk is willing to sacrifice BO for quality. Chinta ki baat negativity hai. Why do people want to stay away from srk filmsConfused

Yup its unnerving. I guess it has to do with the sort of films he did after OSO. Only CE had decent WOM and MNIK and Fan have decent WOM among a small section of the audience which doesnt really percolate to the larger audience. I guess after repeatedly doing films where he got over confident about his stardom he is in a phase like Akshay's where though he remains a huge superstar in everyone's mind people are wary of his films. It will take several good films like Fan to change that impression. Like how people started giving Akshay a chance again with Airlift. Whereas several good films like Special26, Baby, Holiday(to some extent) were all ignored. Atleast Fan is a critical success and with the WW figures it will break even for YRF. Lets see how Raees is as a film. I initially had high hopes from the teaser. But subsequent news of romance, romantic songs, Sunny Leone's item number has been a put off. Also the director isnt a commercially successful director. Lets see if they can balance it. 

The most positive aspect of Fan vs Dilwale for SRK is despite the BO SRK seems very happy with the critical appreciation. 

Edited by .Hajmola. - 19 April 2016 at 12:35am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ZorZorSeAS-Rifi-DZ-

.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:31am | IP Logged

the negativity was due to his choices lately. pretty much lame storylines which became a hit.. dilwale was the biggest disappointment after HNY.

as for this film, it had great positivity in buzz before the film among the urban audience and critics ..

like someone said before, he had gained back his fans and sustained brand equity.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi

ElOqUeNcE IF-Sizzlerz
ElOqUeNcE
ElOqUeNcE

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .katappa.

#Fan collected 4.75Cr on Monday from 3500 screens means only 13500 per screen in full day n it's enough for electricity bill of theatre.

ROFL...he is funny
humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MoonBow.

the negativity was due to his choices lately. pretty much lame storylines which became a hit.. dilwale was the biggest disappointment after HNY.

as for this film, it had great positivity in buzz before the film among the urban audience and critics ..

like someone said before, he had gained bac
k his fans and sustained brand equity.

Yaar i disagree. I mean if choice of films was the reason then salman ki kick was no better than hny...same with prdp. But it hasnt impacted the  image of sallu. Sallu films havent had great content either but wom has been excellent. Bodyguard, jai ho were also bad, but his image is intact. Oh ya dabang 2 was bad too.

Edited by humanspirit - 19 April 2016 at 12:35am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi

Go to top