Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 54)

.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 6:55am | IP Logged
IDK about the rest but I was team #i can't decide 
Cos both of them were flawed humans. Aryan was more subtle. Gaurav was creepy but he was endearing in some Scenes. When he flipped, even then his lines to Aryan's wife - after a fight he tells a sorry doesn't he? So those moments were poignant.. 

I was numb when it ended. And it has been bothering me.. All those questions.. The underlying mammoth issues.. I was blown many times.. 

I was very glad they didn't go the cliched way of hero vs villain.. And also how nobody pushed anyone one down. Gaurav wanted to suicide Cos his life was over when he had to stop aping Aryan. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Garima--DZ-

guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Originally posted by PurpleAir

I loved the climax too. I have no idea why people are not liking it. May be the general movie-goers expected a happy ending? Or victory of Gaurav?
I don't know but I for one, can't think of a better climax TBH. It's hard hitting and consistent with the craziness Gaurav shows throughout the film. 
Yes, that's very very brave of SRK. To make a mockery of his own stardom is not something everyone could do. Some scenes were outright outrageous and I can't think of any other superstar who would agree to do that!  Especially the scene where a prisoner is urinating just beside the superstar Aryan Khanna in London jail!  Shocked

And that bit where he disses the Indian ambassador and he remarks that whatever happens, these actors never stop throwing attitude or something along those lines LOL  So true..As a teen, when i used to be a crazy fan of certain celebs, i was actually scared of meeting them in person..Scared that it'l shatter the image and opinion i had of them LOL  And I din want that to happen..Most of us have had that phase where we really really look up to some celeb..Of course not half obsessed as Gaurav cos we had other things to do in life and our parents weren't that forgiving (thankfully LOL) but am sure all of us have had that crazy phase and even then, i never wanted to meet any of them..Whether its Sachin or Federer or whoever..I was happy with that 'perfect image' i had and din want that to be taken away from me..This film kinda proved i was right ROFL  Though Aryan wasn't exactly wrong and Gaurav was being a spycho..What i meant was most of these celebs are better off on TV or newspapers LOL

Wow! You must have been extremely mature as a toddler/kid/teen that even then you knew how these celebs might be different from what they portray themselves to be.  Clap

Since you didn't like Fan, I'm going to wait for Jagga Jasoos now. Thanks. Smile

------------

@turquoisedress : Yayiee! I'm glad you liked the film. Was kinda hoping you'd post your review. Embarrassed And ditto on that "Toh main kyaa hoon?" bit in reference to Gaurav being a sanki. SRK killed it with his expressions waha pe. Day Dreaming

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gilmorescharminggenierogerrocks

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:15am | IP Logged
  • Box Office: Worldwide Collections of Shah Rukh Khan's Fan
  • By Bollywood Hungama News Network
On Friday, we saw the release of the highly anticipated and much talked about Shah Rukh Khan starrer Fan. Directed by Maneesh Sharma, the film which features Shah Rukh Khan in a double role unlike any that we have seen before has managed to capture the audience's attention garnering a good opening.

Made on a budget of Rs. 105 cr (Cost of Production Rs. 85 cr + Print & Publicity Rs. 20 cr) Fan released across 4600+ screens worldwide (India Screen Count - 3500+ International Screen Count - 1100+) the satellite rights of Fan have already been pre-sold to Sony Entertainment Television while other rights will be exploited by YRF worldwide.

In this box office analysis, we take a look at the box office collections of Fan breaking the same up into day wise collections.

Day-wise breakup for India

Day Collections (INR Cr.)
Day 1 (Fri) 19.20
Day 2 (Sat) 15.40
Day 3 (Sun) 17.75
TOTAL (NETT) 52.35
TOTAL (GROSS approx.) 74.79

Worldwide collections

Region Collections (INR Cr.) Updated...
India 74.79 As of 17-Apr-16
North America (USA and Canada) 8.91 As of 17-Apr-16
United Arab Emirates / G.C.C. 15.61 As of 17-Apr-16
United Kingdom 3.85 As of 17-Apr-16
Australia 1.57 As of 17-Apr-16
New Zealand 0.46 As of 17-Apr-16
Malaysia 0.19 As of 17-Apr-16
Germany 0.66 As of 17-Apr-16
Rest of the World 8.22 As of 15-Apr-16
TOTAL (GROSS) 114.26

NOTE - * denotes trends / figures still being compiled
India figures are NETT. Overseas figures are GROSS.

Disclaimer:
The Box Office figures are compiled from various sources and our own research. The figures can be approximate and Bollywood Hungama does not make any claims about the authenticity of the data. However, they are adequately indicative of the box-office performance of the film(s).
rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kaapi

Wow! You must have been extremely mature as a toddler/kid/teen that even then you knew how these celebs might be different from what they portray themselves to be.  Clap

Since you didn't like Fan, I'm going to wait for Jagga Jasoos now. Thanks. Smile

------------

@turquoisedress : Yayiee! I'm glad you liked the film. Was kinda hoping you'd post your review. Embarrassed And ditto on that "Toh main kyaa hoon?" bit in reference to Gaurav being a sanki. SRK killed it with his expressions waha pe. Day Dreaming

SHUT UP Stern Smile  Not mature man..More like awkward and scared to meet them..What if they end up being rude to me? I din want that to happen so i never really wanted to meet any celeb as a kid LOL I was happy obsessing over them at home LOL

@bold- ROFL   Go ahead..But i praised SRK so you need to praise RK Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

guftagoo

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:31am | IP Logged

IMO, #Fan is the high point of @iamsrk's career as actor. Must see

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Screwtape.-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Originally posted by Kaapi

------------

SHUT UP Stern Smile  Not mature man..More like awkward and scared to meet them..What if they end up being rude to me? I din want that to happen so i never really wanted to meet any celeb as a kid LOL I was happy obsessing over them at home LOL

@bold- ROFL   Go ahead..But i praised SRK so you need to praise RK Tongue
I never had the desire to meet any celebrity EVER.
I may fangirl and say i wish i cld meet them but deep down i just don't have that much desire, and it's not cuz am less obsessed.
I have been way too obsessed with quite few of them so much that I even dreamt about them at some point.
Still i wonder why people like kill each other when they see a celebrity, I have been like that as long as i can remember.
So now that you mentioned maybe it's cuz I'm scared of what may turn out to be. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rogerrocks

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:37am | IP Logged
from critics to bollywood folks to tv industry to sports persons to aamjanta .everyone's going ga ga over srk 
ek fan ko aur kya chahiye 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Garima-RamSiyaRamangrybreadpallavi25-DZ-

Fantasia. IF-Sizzlerz
Fantasia.
Fantasia.

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Cannot get over the brilliance of FAN. 

By the way al of us here are applauding Gaurav more, but according to me, it can be wrong though, but according to me portraying Aryan Khanna was much more difficult than Gaurav. 

Aryan Khanna was a superstar, SRK himself is a superstar, its like portraying yourself on screen WITHOUT portraying yourself. 

Aryan Khaana had to be a human , a flawed human, arrogant as a star, but still kind hearted, abusing power to get some one arrested, and at the same time generous enough to make sure he isn't beaten up. Aryan Khaana had those layers, which get peeled off every single minute of the film. I am in love with the tragic human flaws of Aran Khanna .. and then .. the last scene .. where he sees Gaurav fall down .. that look .. that emotion - SRK IS BLOODY BRILLIANT. 

If given a chance, i would like to pick up Aryan Khanna's character for furthur analysis rather than Gaurav. 

Edited by Fantasia. - 18 April 2016 at 7:50am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Garima-RamSiyaRamBeautyful_Messpallavi25charminggenie-DZ-

Go to top