Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 5)

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:27am | IP Logged

Fan 2nd Day Box Office Collection | SRK Starrer Saw Drop On Saturday

By Umesh -
Apr 17, 2016
Fan 2nd Day Box Office Collection | SRK Starrer Saw Drop On SaturdayShahrukh Khan As Gaurav In Fan

After registering the highest opening day of 2016, Shahrukh Khan starrer witnessed an unexpected drop on the second day. The movie collected 19.2 crores on the first day and was expected to be on the same lines on Saturday but to our surprise, the movie saw a drop of around 20% on Saturday. Fan' collected only 15.4 crores on second day which is way below expectations.

Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted that the movie declined in mass circuits.

Fan Box Office Collection: Day-Wise Update

Fan 1st Day Box Office Collection: 19.2 crores (Highest opening day of 2016)
Fan 2nd Day Box Office Collection: 15.4 crores
Total Box Office collection of Fan: 34.6 crores (2 days collection)

The average occupancy in the morning shows was around 40% which was less than the first day (50% to 55%). The movie is performing remarkably well in big cities and metros. Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and other multiplexes driven cities remained strong but mass centers and single screens performed below expectations. Fan' had a poor second day in states like Gujarat,

Fan' had a poor second day in states like Gujarat, Rajasthan and UP. Moreover, the movie is also getting huge competition from last week release, The Jungle Book' which remains the first choice for the family audience.

The reviews have been superb and WOM has also been quite positive but the limited appeal (multiplex only) is affecting the movie in mass circuits. The budget of the movie is high and it needs to perform well on coming days. Since mass circuits aren't performing well, the movie has to perform exceptionally well in metros and multiplexes.

Directed by Maneesh Sharma, Fan' is all about a story of a superstar and his fan. The movie also stars Waluscha D' Sosa and Shriya Pilgaonkar.

Edited by GERUA - 17 April 2016 at 2:27am

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:27am | IP Logged
sj
u have to finish 2 threadsTongue
theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:30am | IP Logged
15 cr is not anormal drop 17 will be good
-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:31am | IP Logged

Never expected Fan' would be loved universally: Shah Rukh Khan

Shah Rukh Khan has thanked his admirers for the overwhelming response his recently released thriller "Fan" has been receiving.

By: PTI | Mumbai | Published:April 17, 2016 12:13 pm
Fan, Shah Rukh Khan, Fan cast, Fan movie, Shah Rukh Khan Fan, Shah Rukh Khan Fan news, Shah Rukh Khan movies, Shah Rukh Khan upcoming movies, Shah Rukh Khan news, Shah Rukh Khan latest news, Entertainment news Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has thanked his admirers for the overwhelming response his recently released thriller "Fan" has been receiving.

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has thanked his admirers for the overwhelming response his recently released thriller "Fan" has been receiving.

In a video post on Twitter, the 50-year-old actor said the Maneesh Sharma-directed film was special to him.

"On behalf of Aryan Khanna, Gaurav, Maneesh, Adi and everyone, who has made Fan', thank you for the overwhelming response.

Thank you for the overwhelming response... pic.twitter.com/9Abbw2Wskz

" Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) April 16, 2016

"We are extremely thankful that you liked it so much because it's a very different film. We never expected it to be embraced so lovingly and so universally. Thank you so much all around the world for liking it. Normally, I won't do this but this film was special as you made it even more special. Love you all and keep watching Fan' again and again. Baar baar nhi dekha toh kya dekha," he said.

"Fan", produced by Aditya Chopra, features Shah Rukh in double role of a superstar Aryan Khanna and his lookalike admirer Gaurav Chandna.

The film released on April 15.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Madame_89anitaraniBeautyful_MessAS-Rifi

.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:40am | IP Logged

Twitter app taran_adarsh
#Fan declines in mass circuits, but remains strong at urban centres/plexes. Fri 19.20 cr, Sat 15.40 cr. Total: 34.60 cr. India biz.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:40am | IP Logged
Can I just say those who are measuring this movie by BO's success don't get the purpose of it to be honest. Of course one wants it to do effing well. But a Swades despite not doing well at the BO , will always been remembered as one of the best movies of Shahrukh's career. The same goes for FAN. I hope it does great business, I hope it makes a lot of profit but if it doesn't , I won't be one bit disappointed that Shahrukh did this! I'm so freaking ecstatic about the fact that he chose this movie. The BO result , whatever it may end up being , whether it's good or not so good, won't change my view on how much I loved it. I hope Shahrukh continues to explore the actor in him because he's effing amazing! 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

niki1989Sri-R-Trishh-AS-RifiBeautyful_MessNestleToulouse-DZ-

Aweeeecute Goldie
Aweeeecute
Aweeeecute

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:42am | IP Logged
movie dropped on saturday
W*F
WOM is mixed.
wil go tamasha way
will earn around 90 aur 100
but acc to taran budget is more than 100
so average.

Edited by Aweeeecute - 17 April 2016 at 2:44am
Aweeeecute Goldie
Aweeeecute
Aweeeecute

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by srkjuhi

Can I just say those who are measuring this movie by BO's success don't get the purpose of it to be honest. Of course one wants it to do effing well. But a Swades despite not doing well at the BO , will always been remembered as one of the best movies of Shahrukh's career. The same goes for FAN. I hope it does great business, I hope it makes a lot of profit but if it doesn't , I won't be one bit disappointed that Shahrukh did this! I'm so freaking ecstatic about the fact that he chose this movie. The BO result , whatever it may end up being , whether it's good or not so good, won't change my view on how much I loved it. I hope Shahrukh continues to explore the actor in him because he's effing amazing!
but the thing is its not 2004 its2016
if u look at trend
nowdays only good movies do well
and srk was awesome
but 2nd half was average.
raja sen loved it
but other crtics like rajeev and anupama
gave 3 stars
so it does have flaws

Go to top