Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 48)

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 2:55am | IP Logged

Fan Beats Ki And Ka's Lifetime Collections; Becomes The 4th Highest Grossing Film Of 2016

April 18, 2016

SRK's highly anticipated Fan, which released last Friday, has managed to collect a good amount at the box office in its opening weekend.

With the collections of 52.35 crores, it has become the 4th highest grossing film of 2016. It has surpassed the lifetime collections of Ki And Ka which is 50.11 crores.

Fan Beats Ki And Ka's Lifetime Collections; Becomes The 4th Highest Grossing Film Of 2016Fan Beats Ki And Ka's Lifetime Collections; Becomes The 4th Highest Grossing Film Of 2016

This Maneesh Sharma directorial venture, which is produced under the banner of Yash Raj Films, also stars Shriya Pilgaonkar, Waluscha De Sousa and Sayani Gupta in pivotal roles.

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 3:02am | IP Logged

Fan gets a great response overseas on the opening weekend

April 18, 2016, 11:42 AM

Shah Rukh Khan's Fan may have seen a drop in domestic collections as compared to day 1, but it is going strong overseas.

The film has collected approximately $6.5 million so far and is doing especially well in the gulf region. Till date, only 12 Indian films have crossed the 5 million mark on the first weekend; and out of those 12, 7 were SRK's films.

Even though the film hasn't seen a record breaking performance, it is expected to do well in both domestic and overseas markets.

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 3:02am | IP Logged

Shriya Pilgaonkar - Reaction to my performance in Fan' overwhelming

By Cheena Khanna on April 18, 2016
Shriya Pilgaonkar , Fan

Rate This

Actress Shriya Pilgaonkar is overwhelmed that the audience has stood up and took notice of her acting in Fan', which features Shah Rukh Khan in double role.

Daughter of talented actors Sachin and Supriya Pilgaonkar, Shriya plays the role of Shah Rukh's love interest in the film.

"The reaction is overwhelming. Honestly, I did not want to have any expectation because it was a small role and we had two Shah Rukhs in the film but I am so happy that everyone took notice and has acknowledged my performance," Shriya told PTI.

Directed by Maneesh Sharma, Fan' features Shah Rukh as an obsessive fan Gaurav and the object of his obsession, superstar Aryan Khanna.

Shriya was auditioning for other projects for Yash Raj Films, and not specifically for Fan', when she got a call that she has been selected for the part, for which nearly 750 girls had auditioned.

"When I got to know I will be starring opposite Shah Rukh, I was speechless. One part of me wanted to scream yes yes yes!' and the other part knew it was a big decision and wanted to understand it," Shriya said.

"Maneesh was very honest about the part. He told me it is not a typical debut, it is a small role. But I knew whatever screen time I had, I needed to make the most of it," she added.

The young actress made her Marathi film debut in 2013 with Ekulti Ek' which was directed by her father.

For Fan', Shriya was paired for the first time opposite a big star but she was not nervous as five years ago, the actress had a chance to meet with Shah Rukh while working on a short film and the ice was broken.

Having worked with the 50-year-old actor now, Shriya bonded with Shah Rukh over books, long conversations and got to know the real person behind the superstar.

"During the film, I was able to witness the process of why Shah Rukh Khan is Shah Rukh Khan. When we were shooting in Delhi in a real locality, people were chanting his name so much that we could barely hear our dialogues.

"It was a very special experience to see how a superstar takes everything around him- the euphoria and madness- and still finds the silence to perform. I got to know the person behind the star. He is definitely the chosen one."

Shriya shot Fan' along with her French film, Un plus Une'. Interestingly, the actress has also appeared in her parents cult show Tu Tu Main Main' in the role of the neighbourhood boy Bittu.

Having made her debut in Marathi, Hindi and French films, the actress quips she does not know which language she will make her next debut in, but wants to sharpen her skills and also concentrate on directing short films.

Inputs by PTI

Also Read: Sachin Pilgaonkar : Happy with my daughter making debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 3:03am | IP Logged

1st Weekend: Fan Makes Good Business At The Overseas Box Office

April 18, 2016

Shah Rukh Khan's Fan opened on a very good note at the overseas box office.

The film managed to collect around USD 6.5 million which is 43 crores in its opening weekend from the international markets.

Fan Makes Good Business At The Overseas Box OfficeFan Makes Good Business At The Overseas Box Office

After My Name Is Khan, Ra.One, Don 2, Chennai Express, Happy New Year & Dilwale, Fan is SRK's 7th film which has opened above 5 million in the overseas. The film has received the 8th Highest opening ever in overseas.

This Maneesh Sharma's thriller venture features SRK in double role.

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 3:04am | IP Logged

SRK's Fan' Opened With Rs. 5 crore Weekend In Pakistan

The recent Shah Rukh Khan starrer Fan' has been praised everywhere it released and Pakistan is no exception. The movie earned a record breaking Rs. 5 crore in the country, in its first three days. It has been distributed through Geo Films in Pakistan and according to an official, "The biggest generation of revenue has come in Karachi and Lahore and the fans have given the film a thumbs up as bookings for the next one week are sold out in most cineplexes and theatres".

Nadeem Mandviwala, who is a distributor and cinema owner, shared, "Shahrukh is a bankable star and his star power was visible on the first three days of the film's release as all shows have been sold out in Karachi". Fan' has received positive response from critics in Pakistan as well as India. The movie shows the Dilwale actor in a dual role.

Directed by Maneesh Sharma, the film features Waluscha de Sousa, Sayani Gupta and Shriya Pilgaonkar, along with King Khan. Fan' has grossed Rs. 74.07 crore worldwide and has become the 4th highest opening day earner for Shah Rukh. The 50-year-old actor will next be seen in Raees' which will hit the screens on July 3. Will Raees' be able to captivate the audiences just like Fan'? 

SRK's Fan' Opened With Rs. 5 crore Weekend In Pakistan
.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 3:23am | IP Logged

Ridhi Dogra @iRidhiDogra 2h2 hours ago

Going for #FAN again and again coz i missed this @iamsrk and I can't get enough #ManeeshSharma Thanku for the film!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

.Achillies. Senior Member
.Achillies.
.Achillies.

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 3:56am | IP Logged

Sunday all-India figure of #fanthefilm less than Friday. Shocking but true!

PAcino Goldie
PAcino
PAcino

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Coldplaying

It has Dropped heavily on Monday. Early estimate is 7-8 cr.

Source Plz...Isn't it too early to predict?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

Go to top