Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 45)

MrsChandlerBing IF-Rockerz
MrsChandlerBing
MrsChandlerBing

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 1:05am | IP Logged
52 crore weekend is not bad at all for a movie like fan , right ? Why people are making out it to be some sort of disaster Stern Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

swati82-Garima-pieryrosepallavi25AS-Rifi-DZ-

humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 1:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _CountingStars_

52 crore weekend is not bad at all for a movie like fan , right ? Why people are making out it to be some sort of disaster Stern Smile
because they are comparing it with the 200 cr earners

SRK_FKfanswati82-Garima-pieryroseAS-Rifi-DZ-

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 1:19am | IP Logged

Because they want to bring SRK down at any cost, because SRK is getting rave reviews and they cant stand it...LOL
Although real truth is Fan had the biggest opening day of 2016, and biggest weekend of 2016 so far...lot more than Airlift. LOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

humanspiritswati82-Garima-anitaraniangrybreadAS-Rifi-DZ-

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by briahna

Originally posted by turqoisedress

Originally posted by briahna

lovely review choco. i said it all along, the very min i saw Gaurav, watchout for Khan in this one. 
i even said i prefer this one over Raees. 
now he scores in Raees, he is back in business..big time!

and when i say scores ...i mean in acting, not 300cr.

Oh but I actually love Aryan more than Gaurav...Gaurav is lovely yes, but it is a lot harder to play someone like Aryan -- someone who is you but is not..to show the man behind the facade stars have...and to play him like such an egoistic, sanki, insecure person...to embrace and showcase a star's biggest fears and lay them bare...to come to terms with the fact that you inspire such adulation and the responsibility it actually brings. SRK is fabulous as Gaurav but he has played versions of devoted and obsessive characters before. 

LOL
totally agree with you. i just love Gaurav cos he was so damn adorable, and it just killed me to see him say byebye to all. it hit me hard, and he was all i thought of when movie ended. but as it all sank in, for some reason, it was Aryan who was overtaking Gaurav the next day...the  more i thought of aryan, the more i hate him. i hate  him, i hate him, ...i hate aryan...don't know why i hate him, maybe cos he has overtaken Gaurav's act.LOL now tell me how  convincing  shah was as Aryan. he was real mann..

Hahaha maybe tomorrow I will also love Gaurav more...but right now it's all Aryan LOL Gaurav was adorable..they were both wrong and right in the movie..

Aryan was arrogance personified...when the police officer comes to get him and he's like if you're badtameez I'll take you with handcuffs and if you're nice without them ...so what will it be? ...and he's like with handcuffs. LOL

Edited by turqoisedress - 18 April 2016 at 1:22am

swati82-Garima-briahnaAS-Rifipallavi25-DZ-

humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 1:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

Because they want to bring SRK down at any cost, because SRK is getting rave reviews and they cant stand it...LOL
Although real truth is Fan had the biggest opening day of 2016, and biggest weekend of 2016 so far...lot more than Airlift. LOL
Well said. Infact thats why I feel FAN should have got a smaller release. A wide release changes perceptions of people. If they had released FAN on 2000 screens or maybe even 1500, would have been ideal. Neerja earned 70 plus from 700 screens. 
But how does this all make FAN a bad film i dont get. Thats why i always say BO numbers being less means very little. Poor release strategy could lead to lower numbers as well.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

swati82-Garima-pallavi25AS-Rifi-DZ-

PAcino Goldie
PAcino
PAcino

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 1:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by humanspirit

Originally posted by pallavi25

Well said. Infact thats why I feel FAN should have got a smaller release. A wide release changes perceptions of people. If they had released FAN on 2000 screens or maybe even 1500, would have been ideal. Neerja earned 70 plus from 700 screens. 
But how does this all make FAN a bad film i dont get. Thats why i always say BO numbers being less means very little. Poor release strategy could lead to lower numbers as well.

In an ideal scenario..YES..You r right!
But then you see the almost 100 crore budget is playing the spoilsport here...
Taht's why kudos to YRF...It is easy to make a small DARING film like NH10...Coz not too much is at stake...
But when the country's biggest star does a 100 crore offbeat project..chances of things going wrong are HUGE...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

humanspirit-Garima-pieryroseAS-Rifi-DZ-

Coldplaying IF-Rockerz
Coldplaying
Coldplaying

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 1:52am | IP Logged
It has Dropped heavily on Monday. Early estimate is 7-8 cr.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi

.Achillies. Senior Member
.Achillies.
.Achillies.

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 1:52am | IP Logged
Fan Has Good First Weekend
Monday 18 April 2016 11.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network

Fan had a good first weekend of 52 crore nett as all three days recorded good business. The weekend is by the far highest of this year beating the 42.50 crore nett of Airlift. In terms of all time openings the film stands in 17th place. The first weekend business of Fan is as follows

Friday - 18,75,00,000

Saturday - 15,50,00,000 

Sunday - 17,75,00,000 

Total - 52,00,00,000

The film has recorded good numbers in Mumbai, Delhi / UP, West Bengal and Mysore and even other circuits are fairly good but the issue will be that big drop in mass centres on Saturday. There were drops of 30-40% in some cities which makes the long term business depending on a handfull of cities.

The film was always going to be about where the Rajasthan's and Gujarat's go as you can't get a big number without the support of these mass centres and this crowd has not really taken to the film.

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/art_detail.php?articalid=1963#.VxSPhfl97Dc

Jai Ho 1st weekend was 58.17 Cr LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adventurousmanMainePyaarKiya

Go to top