Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 43)

humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by awkardpyscho

Originally posted by humanspirit

Originally posted by awkardpyscho

I just loved the scene where Gaurav dances with the bride, the revelation that its not Aryan but Gaurav gave me chill!! SRK was class apart in that scene when he looks at the camera!! Kudos
I clapped in that scene because I had no idea that its Gaurav.

I did actually realize it was Gaurav but still the scene left me speechless!! Also when Gaurav breaks into Aryan's house was one of my favourite. Cant wait to watch again 
Ya in that scene too I was wondering that the wife should immediately know that its not Aryan. Later I realized that she is just playing along. I was just hoping that Gaurav koi badtameezi na kare uske saath. Thankfully maneesh showed Gaurav of a good character.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pieryrose-DZ-

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Okay so i finally watched the film..Am probably in the minority here but the film as such had great potential which is marred by the execution and lack of logic..That doesn't exactly mean the film fails..Its a good one time watch..Just that it could have been another CDI if the screenplay and execution was better..It has some brilliant moments which still make the film immensely watchable..And i always say this..Its great when an actor makes a good script work..Cos bad acting can ruin a good film..But its brilliant when an actor can make a mediocre/not so great film work..Cos that is the mark of an amazing actor..Someone who goes beyond the flaws of the script and the director..That is exactly what SRK does with Fan. We always keep saying SRK is a really good actor..All he needs is a good script and a brilliant director who can reign him in like say Shimit Amin or Ashutosh Gowariker. But SRK has actually disproved that with Fan LOL  And again, its his performance as Aryan which deserves all the applause. I mean Gaurav is brilliant yes but at the end of the day, making a character like Aryan work is much more difficult..Ppl usually give more credit to actors when they play complex characters with issues..But then its equally difficult to play normal characters with human flaws..Gaurav had the help of prosthetics, he is this psychotic guy obsessed with his idol- the kinda character SRK is used to play and something which he has mastered but Aryan was different. Am not sure if am making sense here but SRK is perfection as Aryan..The sheer subtlety with which he played the role especially for someone who is known to overdo it is incredible LOL There were so many moments in the film which stand out only because of how effin brilliant SRK was as an actor..Am probably being unfair here by not crediting the script enough..But to me personally, a lot of that worked only because of how well SRK played both the roles..Anyways, am sure everyone has already mentioned it but my favorite scene in the film was their confrontation in the first half..When Aryan confronts Gaurav and there is this bit where Gaurav mouths Aryan's dialogue about fans being the reason for his existence. Damn, SRK hit it outta the park there..That one scene actually deserves all the awards LOL  Gaurav's sudden change in tone, Aryan's reaction- it was all pitch perfect..I still wish Maneesh worked more on the script cos it had so much potential..And SRK was in such sublime form..This could have been a brilliant psychological thriller if only he let it be..Nonetheless, to give credit where its due, its great that he came up with this concept (and credit to his writing that you don outright side with one character, he actually manages to make you feel for a psycho and that in itself is an achievement both on the writing as well as the acting front)  and it was good enough to inspire SRK to deliver a knockout performance LOL 

P.S. If SRK can do this with a script like Fan, there is nothing which can stop him when he is given a brilliant script with a good director..Which is why SRK plus Shimit or SRK plus Vishal Bharadwaj or SRK plus Hirani will be incredible LOL 

Edited by rogerrocks - 18 April 2016 at 12:24am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

_SJ_MrsChandlerBingFleurBleuepieryrose.Screwtape.briahnaangrybreadBeautyful_MessNestleToulousegilmores-DZ-

FleurBleue IF-Sizzlerz
FleurBleue
FleurBleue

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Love reading the detailed reviews here!

I watched the film last night and yet can't get it out of my head. Never thought the film could leave such an impact on me when the first reviews came out. You don't really understand what it does to you unless you watch it yourself.  I still find myself feeling dismal whenver I am thinking about the scene where Aryan sees Gaurav amidst the crowd after the climax. His expressions, his realization that what the love they have for him, can turn them into!!

I would not say I loved the film, but it would stay with me for quite a long time. It kinda messes with your mind.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

awkardpyschoswati82MrsChandlerBingpieryrosegilmores-DZ-

Coldplaying IF-Rockerz
Coldplaying
Coldplaying

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 12:30am | IP Logged
I want to make a confession. When Gaurav enters Aryan's house i thought he would have sex with his wife.. LOL
humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 12:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Coldplaying

I want to make a confession. When Gaurav enters Aryan's house i thought he would have sex with his wife.. LOL
wahi to, but thankfully aisa nahi hua...we might have hated gaurav then
ZanduBaaM IF-Sizzlerz
ZanduBaaM
ZanduBaaM

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 12:32am | IP Logged

Sunday all-India figure of #fanthefilm less than Friday. Shocking but true!

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by briahna

lovely review choco. i said it all along, the very min i saw Gaurav, watchout for Khan in this one. 
i even said i prefer this one over Raees. 
now he scores in Raees, he is back in business..big time!

and when i say scores ...i mean in acting, not 300cr.

Oh but I actually love Aryan more than Gaurav...Gaurav is lovely yes, but it is a lot harder to play someone like Aryan -- someone who is you but is not..to show the man behind the facade stars have...and to play him like such an egoistic, sanki, insecure person...to embrace and showcase a star's biggest fears and lay them bare...to come to terms with the fact that you inspire such adulation and the responsibility it actually brings. SRK is fabulous as Gaurav but he has played versions of devoted and obsessive characters before. 

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

_SJ_swati82-Garima-MrsChandlerBingbriahnaangrybreadBeautyful_MessNestleToulousepallavi25TheRager-DZ-

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 18 April 2016 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PurpleAir

Love reading the detailed reviews here!

I watched the film last night and yet can't get it out of my head. Never thought the film could leave such an impact on me when the first reviews came out. You don't really understand what it does to you unless you watch it yourself.  I still find myself feeling dismal whenver I am thinking about the scene where Aryan sees Gaurav amidst the crowd after the climax. His expressions, his realization that what the love they have for him, can turn them into!!

I would not say I loved the film, but it would stay with me for quite a long time. It kinda messes with your mind.

Yeah the climax was brilliant..Its weird that ppl liked the first half more than the second cos like choco mentioned, i like the second half more too..Minus the chase sequences and lack of logic in certain scenes LOL  Aryan dealing with the cops, him being overtly nice to those guests at the shaadi- damn how did SRK manage to do that? Thats like a full fledged dig at his own self especially when you realize thats something he has been criticized for in real life as well- his arrogance and his habit of dancing at weddings..You need guts to show that man..Damn LOL

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

humanspiritswati82MrsChandlerBing-Garima-FleurBleueangrybreadBeautyful_MessNestleToulousepallavi25charminggenieTheRager-DZ-

Go to top