Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 39)

humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Taran Adarsh makes a lot of sense in this article. FAN released against all odds: no music, no popular heroine, no festive period release, exam period, Jungle Book. Anything that could go against has gone against (in terms of BO). Are these excuses? Of course other fans will say yes, we will say no. Let a neutral decide. But common sense dictates that comparing this to any other recent bollywood release makes no sense. Pehle aisi similar movie dhoond ke lao, and then compare BO collections (though I still dnt know why should fans worry about BO).

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

TMKOC_FAN_SJ_anitaranipieryrose.Screwtape.angrybreadAS-Rifipallavi25glace-bleue-DZ-

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:34pm | IP Logged

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

_SJ_Aamnakideewaniangrybreadpallavi25AS-Rifiglace-bleue

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:37pm | IP Logged

'Fan' sets new box office record in Pakistan; garners Rs 50 million in 3 days!

Mon, 18 Apr 2016-12:12am , PTI

In Karachi and Lahore, bookings for the next one week are sold out!

Superstar Shahrukh Khan's latest film Fan has set a new record for box office collections in Pakistan at Rs 50 million in the first three days of the release.

An official for Geo films which has distributed the film in Pakistan claimed the collections for the first three days all over Pakistan have already exceeded 50 million rupees.

"The biggest generation of revenue has come in Karachi and Lahore and the fans have given the film a thumbs up as bookings for the next one week are sold out in most cineplexes and theatres," he said.

Fan sees Shahrukh make a triumphant return to form essaying a double role and so far the critics have also given a thumbs up to the film in both India and Pakistan.

"Shahrukh is a bankable star and his star power was visible on the first three days of the film's release as all shows have been sold out in Karachi," Nadeem Mandviwala a well known exhibitor, distributor and cinema owner said.

He said the film had generated great interest in Pakistan as in recent times big budget and big star Indian movies also were focusing on the Pakistan market while promoting their product.

"The Indian film industry now realises that Pakistan is a strong market for their products that is why they now focus on promoting the film for Pakistanis as well," he noted.

The ban on exhibition of Indian films in Pakistani theatres was lifted during the tenure of former military ruler General Pervez Musharraf.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

_SJ_anitaraniangrybreadAamnakideewaniAS-Rifiglace-bleue

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:38pm | IP Logged

FAN Sunday 3rd Day Collections and Weekend: Early Estimate

10 hours ago
1 min read

FAN has collected Rs 18-19 crore on Sunday at the box office, taking the 3-day collections to 52 - 53 crore net - as per early estimates (official collections will be published in the morning).

Multiplex business did show decent growth on the 3rd day, especially at metro cities where the occupancy for the noon and evening shows was pretty good.

Monday now becomes all important for the Shah Rukh Khan starrer. Tickets at multiplexes are sold for a cheaper price during the weekdays. For example, PVR Juhu in Mumbai was selling night show tickets for Rs 380 for the weekend, the same show ticket for the weekdays (Monday to Thursday) is 30% cheaper at Rs 270.

Since the film is performing mainly at multiplexes, the drop in ticket prices will have an impact on business.

Ideally, FAN needs to hold to around the 9-10 crore mark on Monday. This would give the film a fair chance of not only recovering costs, but going on to become a decent grosser.

FAN Box Office Collections in 3 days

• Friday - 19.2 crore
  • Saturday - 15.4 crore
  • Sunday - 18-19 crore (approx, early estimate)
  • Total - 53 crore (approx)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

_SJ_angrybreadAS-Rifiglace-bleue

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:42pm | IP Logged

EXCLUSIVE: "@iamsrk is a GREAT actor," says #Piku writer Juhi Chaturvedi http://bit.ly/1WAatQG 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

_SJ_anitaranipieryroseangrybreadAS-Rifipallavi25-DZ-

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Watched Fan this afternoon ...happy to report that the theater was 80% full for Sunday matinee...Big smile
And this is just one of 4 multiplexes near me, which have 4-5 shows everyday for Fan. 

Now for the movie, it was MINDBLOWING! Gripping, edge of the seat thriller (especially the 2nd half).
God knows why some ppl didnt like the 2nd half because I enjoyed the thriller element immensely. 
The chases were not as long as some ppl are claiming either. 

SRK is brilliant in both roles! OUTSTANDING! Star
Im feeling so proud of him, so happy that hes done this once in a lifetime movie! Heart

ArreyYaar and Fantasia's reviews pretty much analyzed everything in the movie most eloquently and in great depth. Clap Especially the metaphors and the characterizations of the fan and his idol. 

I will post my review tomorrow, need to collect my thoughts and organize them properly. Feeling too overwhelmed right now to dissect the movie or discuss the finer points in the narrative. 

Fan is a landmark film...no actor has tried this before...not even in HW I think...of portraying both superstar and his obsessive fan. Kudos to SRK for doing this! Clap

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

niki1989humanspirit_SJ_angrybreadRabbitOnSkates_anitaraniBeautyful_MessAS-Rifiglace-bleue-DZ-

humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

Watched Fan this afternoon ...happy to report that the theater was 80% full for Sunday matinee...Big smile
And this is just one of 4 multiplexes near me, which have 4-5 shows everyday for Fan. 

Now for the movie, it was MINDBLOWING! Gripping, edge of the seat thriller (especially the 2nd half).
God knows why some ppl didnt like the 2nd half because I enjoyed the thriller element immensely. 
The chases were not as long as some ppl are claiming either. 

SRK is brilliant in both roles! OUTSTANDING! Star
Im feeling so proud of him, so happy that hes done this once in a lifetime movie! Heart

ArreyYaar and Fantasia's reviews pretty much analyzed everything in the movie most eloquently and in great depth. Clap Especially the metaphors and the characterizations of the fan and his idol. 

I will post my review tomorrow, need to collect my thoughts and organize them properly. Feeling too overwhelmed right now to dissect the movie or discuss the finer points in the narrative. 

Fan is a landmark film...no actor has tried this before...not even in HW I think...of portraying both superstar and his obsessive fan. Kudos to SRK for doing this! Clap

I think FAN is once in a decade movie, as far as SRK movies are concerned. In 1994 he had KHKN, which is a classic even today, but  not a money spinner. In 2004 he had Swades, again a classic rejected at the BO. now he has FAN, in his third decade in bollywood. Going by this trend, I predict another classic in around 2025 :)

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

_SJ_pieryroseangrybreadRabbitOnSkates_AS-Rifipallavi25Beautyful_Messglace-bleue-DZ-

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 10:57pm | IP Logged

So Intense in every scene, he gets you to feel every moment/emotion of the 2 characters..love 4 @iamsrk #FAN..forever..@FanTheFilm GoSeeit'

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

_SJ_anitaranipieryroseangrybreadpallavi25AS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top