Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 36)

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fivestars

^ my choice as simple..Big smile

OKThumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi

Vedika211 IF-Dazzler
Vedika211
Vedika211

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
I feel that the team must have spent a long time debating whether Gaurav would leave Aryan's hand or let himself be pulled up. Its not about which option was right and wrong. It was a split second decision, and Gaurav himself may have done it impulsively. 
I think the point the film is making is that we live in times when people are so caught up in images and screens that they do not know how to be outside of it. When I read news that a fan of Pratyusha Banerjee committed suicide in front of her young child, I see it as a manifestation of how dangerous and insiduous celebrity culture can be. That is why I see the end of the film as making a very strong point.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeakingangrybread.Bongsookie.Beautyful_MessNestleToulouse....Poojie....pallavi25AS-Rifiblue-ice.-DZ-

Cutiepie Rani IF-Stunnerz
Cutiepie Rani
Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shanak_Fan

Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

Originally posted by gulabi22

Why everyone is saying end is bad??

I just don't think suicide is the solution. He had two loving parents and many people in the community who cared about him. Your obsession shouldn't be so much that you would give your life up for a superstar. Just my personal take, but the movie overall and the way it flowed was perfect!
SPOILER ALERT

Aryan was everything for Gaurav.He loved him,respected him,worshipped him.He was literally a God for Aryan.
He expected that when he will meet Aryan,Aryan too will accept him as his biggest fan and respect him.But instead,due to his mistake,Aryan got angry with him.His ego got hurt that one of his fans did such a thing so he punished him.Their first meeting was not what gaurav had expected.To some extent it was Aryan's fault too.Who was he to decide that Gaurav should spend 2 days in jail and that too in such a horrible condition?I felt he had no right to tell the police ki gaurav ka kya karna chahiye.He was too harsh on Gaurav.

After that Gaurav went into depression.He didn't share/express his feelings with anyone,not even his parents.I guess if he would have told everything to at least one person,he would have felt better.His parents also never understood the sudden change in their son's behavior.

Gaurav started tarnishing Aryan's reputation for one sorry from Aryan.I feel Aryan should have apologized to Gaurav.I was expecting him to do that at least in the last scene.Gaurav wanted Aryan to understand his feelings.He was everything for Gaurav.And when Aryan couldn't accept him,he decided to end his life.As it is,he was already depressed since 1 year and when Aryan told him to forget him and live his life as Gaurav Chandna and not as Jr.Aryan Khanna,he couldn't bear that.

I felt both were equally at fault.Both were egoistic,stubborn.The only thing is Aryan is practical whereas Gaurav was way too emotional and that led to his destruction.

First of all before I get to my reply of  your comment, I want to say you have written this beautifully even though I agree with some parts and disagree with other parts.

Gaurav was wrong...very wrong in his actions. The frustration of Aryan was just, but I do agree that sending him to jail was indeed very extreme. I think he could have handled it differently by making agreeing to meet him and talk to him and kindly explain to him that being this obsessed was wrong and hurting others was a cruel thing to do. So yes, Aryan was very harsh on Gaurav. I really felt for him..it was so sad seeing him so hurt.

With superstars, ego does come in the way. And that's what happened with Aryan. He didn't feel the need to apologize because he felt that he did nothing wrong. I agree, a simple sorry wouldn't have hurt him or his reputation.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

Cutiepie Rani IF-Stunnerz
Cutiepie Rani
Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fantasia.

I believe that for a story to make audiences feel, question and think, it has to have a hard hitting tragic ending. It had to show the worst possible consequences so that when people step out of the hall, they take with them the shiver and fear of the worst. 
It was a wonderful review, but for me, an ending where Gaurav would have redeemed would have been a total negation of his character, because no way it would have been possible for Gaurav to be alive and not go back to Aryan. no way. 

I guess one of the shining dialogues of the entire movie was said by a side character - Gaurav's mother ..when she says to Aryan, " kaash apki chamak k peche nai apki mehnat k peche lagay hota .. tu aj wo bhi kuch hota". 

That is where fans go wrong, they admire the glitter, not the hardwork, and that is where Gaurav failed. 

BUT, i respect your opinion and totally agreed on the no girl and songs part! Embarrassed

I love the dialogue that you have in bold and I certainly agree with your views on that! You captured that beautifully. This movie did have the strong message that only some who dig deep into the movie will recognize...Hard work is what brings this actors to success and help them achieve stardom. That dialogue captured it perfectly!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25AS-Rifi-DZ-

humanspirit Goldie
humanspirit
humanspirit

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
Itne saare pages! Seems like ppl are finally out of their trance. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

Elvis12 Goldie
Elvis12
Elvis12

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
Not surprised with the outcome.Another debacle for SRK .At least his films were getting hit tags despite underperformance .But post Dilwale even that has changed

Have not come across anyone in real life who liked this film .I am surprised the reaction is largely positive here which is quite contrast to the trending .

The film is strictly meant for SRK fans .Unfortunately fans do not take you anywhere at the box office without the support of neutrals.

Edited by Elvis12 - 17 April 2016 at 7:57pm
.rasgulla. IF-Stunnerz
.rasgulla.
.rasgulla.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
LOL Some pplLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Sri-RanitaraniangrybreadAS-Rifi-DZ-

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 9:54pm | IP Logged

FAN Sunday 3rd Day Collections and Weekend: Early Estimate

9 hours ago
1 min read

FAN has collected Rs 18-19 crore on Sunday at the box office, taking the 3-day collections to 52 - 53 crore net - as per early estimates (official collections will be published in the morning).

Multiplex business did show decent growth on the 3rd day, especially at metro cities where the occupancy for the noon and evening shows was pretty good.

Monday now becomes all important for the Shah Rukh Khan starrer. Tickets at multiplexes are sold for a cheaper price during the weekdays. For example, PVR Juhu in Mumbai was selling night show tickets for Rs 380 for the weekend, the same show ticket for the weekdays (Monday to Thursday) is 30% cheaper at Rs 270.

Since the film is performing mainly at multiplexes, the drop in ticket prices will have an impact on business.

Ideally, FAN needs to hold to around the 9-10 crore mark on Monday. This would give the film a fair chance of not only recovering costs, but going on to become a decent grosser.

FAN Box Office Collections in 3 days

• Friday - 19.2 crore
  • Saturday - 15.4 crore
  • Sunday - 18-19 crore (approx, early estimate)
  • Total - 53 crore (approx)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top