Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 31)

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Kiffu...page 23..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
SHAHRUKH KHAN WORLD @IAMSRK_WORLD 4m4 minutes ago

Thank you is not Enough or say thanks giving is much less. @iamsrk has Gifted his Best to Every Fan. Outrageous Movie @FanTheFilm Hats Off

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

#Fan @10hottkaran 6h6 hours ago

My mother loved #Fan.. If she loved it then it's definitely a lovable film for anyone.. No one is more honest than her #ThankYouSRKForFan

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anitaraniglace-bleue

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Dibang @dibang 2h2 hours ago

The fan is brilliant in @iamsrk's #Fan. Loved it. Obsession is back with a difference. Don't miss it. #ThankYouSRKForFAN

glace-bleue

angrybread IF-Sizzlerz
angrybread
angrybread

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Kiffu...page 23..

BI please post it on recently seen movie thread too so that it doesn't get lost in review thread Approve

glace-bleue-DZ-

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 3:14pm | IP Logged

It's a knockout performance as gaurav by @iamsrk in #fan just loved it watching again @yrf @MandviSharma

-DZ-

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking

Originally posted by srkjuhi

I didn't think I'd get Aryan to be honest. For some reason I went to the theater thinking it'll be completely one sided in terms of who I'll like but I have to say I got Aryan quite a bit. I got where he was coming from, I got his intention. It's just that the way Shahrukh played Gaurav was something I just couldn't get over. I love the character. I think in the hands of the wrong actor , even a character like Gaurav can just come across as creepy but Shahrukh gave  so many layers to him. And I'm sure the script too had a lot to do with it but it's his portrayal of him that makes the script come alive. There are so many nuances in there. . Like the scene where he sees Aryan at his house for the first time , his look there , him trying to pick up the sweets from the road ...sigh. I need to watch this movie many more times just to notice all these things even more.

This movie reminded me why Shahrukh is so good at playing dark/grey characters. For the most part you end up feeling for them man. The ending of Darr still gets to me everytime I watch it!

I'm the exact opposite of you! LOL I have nothing but contempt for Gaurav types, but watching his interactions with his parents (during the initial contest, after he's been 'rejected' and comes home, near the end at the festival), or the amazing reaction when he gets that first call from Aryan, or the moment he celebrates Aryan's birthday alone in Hotel Delite...those 'quiet' moments of Gaurav humanized him so much for me...so much so that I wasn't 'judging' and hating him...I maintained that he was in the wrong, but it didn't become a lopsided hero vs. villain thing...which I'm guessing also goes for you with Aryan. It's nice that they found that common ground and decided to put nuance into the characters...give them all shades and not make them one-dimensional. Big part in why the movie is perhaps working/connecting with people.

@drummedup: I think you've nailed it about the comfort zone vs. discomforting questions/conscience attacked thing, esp by pointing out how other content based movies are different in this regard. The 2nd half here is no better or worse than majority of BW movies, heck, the climax scene is an even better one than most. But the problem is that it makes people uncomfortable...fans/our kids/grown ass adults committing suicide...no one wants to think, much less talk about that stuff...

In the past I've had debates with people on this forum on whether the onus for heralding good, thought provoking content lies on the makers or the audience and I've always put it squarely on the makers. This time, the makers have truly brought a different theme to fore. And the 'trade reports' highlight which exact section is shutting its eyes to it. But chalo, at least one step towards some awareness, perhaps? If SRK isn't gonna back such an idea and get it as wide a viewership as possible, who would.

Couldn't agree more with the one dimensional bit. That is one of the biggest strength of the movie. These are two characters that were beautifully complicated, there are so many layers to them, the ones that were part of the script and the ones that Shahrukh brought to them while playing those characters. The thing about Gaurav is that a lot of folks can connect with being a fan. Of course they can't connect with all that he does but that connection with Gaurav is something I feel the audience instantly feels as opposed to the connection with Aryan. The warmth is what I felt was missing in Aryan. That warmth is what I felt one got to see during the last ten minutes of the movie. Even though it is action packed and they are hitting each other , Aryan's speech to him there as opposed to one in the jail is one where you see that concern even more. Where you see him almost begging for Gaurav to mend his ways. Gaurav on the other hand despite being way out of line has this endearing quality to him, whether it be the scenes in the beginning where you see his love for Aryan , whether it then be scenes such as the one with girl he had a crush on , who tells Aryan woh bura nahi hai...again one of those things that got to me. So the way Shahrukh played Gaurav as well as the way he has been written I felt made him more endearing to the audience as a character despite all the extremes that he goes to. I'm just loving all the reviews here as it's making me think even more about the movie , is making me ponder over so many things that I perhaps missed.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeakingpallavi25-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by yamyam

Originally posted by blue-ice

Dr Yam Yam sweetheart...where is ur review...which page?
Havent written it yet.. I am still going at sprouts of gushing which is spread in various pages and threadsLOL My thoughts are all over the place at the moment.. Will write tomorrow so that I can do justice to it
Not fair.
We all wrote with our thoughts all over the place. LOL

glace-bleue-DZ-

Go to top