Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 3)

.Bongsookie. IF-Sizzlerz
.Bongsookie.
.Bongsookie.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:00am | IP Logged
Just came back from Fan.

I am so overwhelmed, it was a really good film.  It's not a flawless film by any means, it has its share of plot holes and W*F moments but the basic story is fantastic and the acting was on point.
The SRK fangirl in me is jumping up and down right now. LOL It was a pleasure watching him act again. He is a gem of an actor. Clap I would like to watch it once more on the big screen, but i'm kind of running on a tight budget. LOL

Spoiler
The only thing that didn't work for me was the extraordinary ability of the star and the fan to jump, climb, run and fight.
End of Spoiler

4/5 from my side.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

-sim-SahSahpieryrose...Tanu...RabbitOnSkates_charminggenieBeautyful_MessNestleToulouse-AppleOfMaEye--DZ-

pakeezah IF-Rockerz
pakeezah
pakeezah

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by humanspirit

Originally posted by pakeezah

but what about the article came out that Shah is unhappy with film and he is not promoting it?
If it is so fantastic...

mind you, im glad...we need a good picture of SRK, some of his earlier magic...

what im asking is, why was all that negativity created?
Can you link us to that article?

it came on IF forums few days ago..i will look and paste...hahahahaha i wonder what the writer must be feeling now that SRK socked him between the eyes with his performanceLOL

i love when people instead of wasting their breath they show it by deed.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

pakeezah IF-Rockerz
pakeezah
pakeezah

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

OMG...I am so overwhelmed right now...it was beautiful...4.5 stars for the movie...and I think that the performance of Shahrukh is beyond any ratings...I will give my detailed review later...

okay blue ice liking the film is enough for me...i am going at the earliest opportunity

-DZ-

pakeezah IF-Rockerz
pakeezah
pakeezah

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:04am | IP Logged
dltdouble post

Edited by pakeezah - 17 April 2016 at 2:16am

-DZ-

SherlockHouse IF-Stunnerz
SherlockHouse
SherlockHouse

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Morning Shows Report:
We expected that film will have a great start today as it is a holiday. Though the film has better occupancy than yesterday but still it should have been better. The overall occupancy was 50% which is higher than yesterday. As expected once again, it has the best start in Mumbai, Delhi and Mysore but performance outside metros remained average. The film did pick up in South India but it is still being affected by The Jungle Book.

The film will grow from here but it should do more than normal growth in under-performing circuits to recover the damage done in last two days there. The advance booking is good and the shows are going smoothly so far. Mostly the big films run in their full swing on its first Sunday. Fan has to turn the tables around today otherwise writing is on the wall

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:13am | IP Logged
Spoilers ahead , folks!

Where do I start from. It's one of those movies where you just go speechless after watching it because it's that freaking good. I can't remember the last time I bawled my eyes out the way I did during those last ten minutes of FAN. Some might find this an exaggeration but for me it's one of the best movies ever made. I noticed a certain trade analyst saying it won't be a landmark movie and I'll just like to say I disagree to say the least. It'll be a landmark movie not just in Shahrukh's career but also in the history of Indian cinema.

I still can't put across what I feel after watching it but I'll try my best. Shahrukh is effing phenomenal. I'll start with his role as Aryan Khanna. I thought he  nailed it. It's such a tough role to pull off considering he's a superstar who's playing a superstar and sometimes that can become a bit caricaturist but one of the best things about the movie is that that never happened. After coming across some of the reviews , I thought I won't like the character but honestly , I got where he was coming from too. Do I agree with everything the character did? Hell no! But the way Shahrukh has played him makes you understand his intention as well  and I think that's a huge feat considering he can come off easily as extremely unlikable. And perhaps he does at many points but you get his perspective as well , you understand his intention.

Coming to Gaurav...sigh. I loved him. The way Shahrukh played him...damn! Yes , he is creepy at times , yes you go WTH are you doing man at times  but underneath it all you see how pure his heart is. How all he wanted was to meet his idol. He does a lot of things that are so out of line yet you effing feel for him at every  point in the movie. He's one of those characters that will go down in history. There are quite a few characters of Shahrukh that are etched in people's memories and will remain there forever , Gaurav would be now added to that list.

I'll also like to mention a few scenes that I'm still thinking about. The one where he's beaten up by the cops and the one right after the confrontation where he bawls his eyes out...you want to just effing go upto him and give him a hug. That scene was very tough to watch as a viewer though and I mean that in the best way possible. As in the way Shahrukh played it , the way he expressed his emotions there...yeah...it freaking gets to you man. There's another scene where he comes back to Delhi , obviously heartbroken , and he's interacting with his parents while trying to put on a brave face. Again that effing got to me. Shahrukh's expressions there...wow. He just said so much while doing so little. And of course the ending ...I'm still not over it. Not to sound melodramatic but tears were rolling down my cheeks as Gaurav's pictures appeared one after the other. The ending is tragic but it leaves such an impact that you'll be thinking about it way after the movie is over.

Had read a bit about people loving the first half but not caring for the second half. Let me just say I couldn't disagree more. I freaking loved the whole movie. It's one of the best movies I have ever seen. This notion that the second half ain't realistic, well of course it's not but it's a movie! It ain't a documentary. I didn't need to require some great effort to believe what was happening in the second half as it's so freaking engrossing. One of the great things about the second half is that you go along with the storyline despite it not being as grounded in reality.  I personally never found myself questioning but how can he get away with that because you are so engaged in what's happening. A huge credit for that goes to Shahrukh. You can't take your eyes off either Aryan or Gaurav when they are on screen.

The chase sequences were awesome! I was so involved in it that I was literally reacting to every thing that was happening in both the chase sequences.

I can't wait to watch this movie again. It's one that I can watch over and over again. Yes , it's intense but it's effing engaging. Shahrukh is beyond brilliant in it! He deserves all the praise that he is getting for it and more! Give him all the awards already!

Thank you Manish for coming up with this idea. Thank you for executing it so beautifully. I'll also like to mention that the supporting cast was darn good too man.

Thank you Shahrukh for being the actor you are! I have been a FAN since I was a little kid. I stated this yesterday that he is one of the finest actors out there in the world yet one of the most underrated. Here is a guy who's freaking as effortless as Rahul in Darr as he's as Raj in DDLJ as he's as Kabir in Chak De as he's as Mohan in Swades. He's so freaking versatile. His on screen presence is such that you can't effing take your eyes off him when he's on screen. This movie will go down as one of my all time favorite movies of his. And Gaurav...I love you.

Will hopefully get to see it sometime again this upcoming week! :D

Edited by srkjuhi - 17 April 2016 at 2:19am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

-MrsJonSnow--sim-pakeezah-Trishh-.Bongsookie.RabbitOnSkates_anitaraniBeautyful_MessNestleToulouse-DZ-

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:15am | IP Logged
hey sjBig smile
good to see your review Embarrassed

zaroonkashaf

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 2:15am | IP Logged