Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 24)

Justmoi IF-Rockerz
Justmoi
Justmoi

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Back from seeing the movie..And oh the feels. Overwhelmed. This is a film I have been waiting oh so long for. 
I keep repeating this like a broken record, but I have liked SRK since I was a child. He is the only actor, both in BW, HW and the south to get this kind of loyalty from me. And one of the most defining roles that made it so was because of roles like Ajay Sharma/Vicky Malhotra//Rahul Mehra. These were films I watched over and over again and I used to think there was something wrong with me Embarrassed because these were his darkest roles and yet I loved them so. I used to justify it that I like them because they all look like SRK. Well what can I say Aryan Khanna looks just like SRK but I loved Gaurav the most.Smile

This is the film I have waited so long for. I missed, missed, missed SRK the actor and oh this brings him roaring back. Starting Ra One I have gotten used to going for nostalgia factor or because of the SRK-Kajol and so on. I have even enjoyed other actors more in some of his films which has never happened to me, but FAN is pure SRK and he is baaack !! I like this man for his personality, his intelligence, interviews, but most of all because I have loved his acting. FAN has it's weak moments, but as an SRK fan that missed him as an actor I was so overwhelmed. I have already watched it twice, once just to absorb the experience and two because well, I had to. I thought I will never see SRK the actor again and so this was such a long awaited surprise. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

anitaranipieryroseangrybreadAS-RifiNestleToulousecharminggenieNikki_Titli-DZ-

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Super Meta is difficult to swallow , it's a psychological thriller that shows a mirror to everyone. That is why it becomes an uncomfortable viewing. I don'\t care for BO, this one is above it like Swades . Just that SRK has the balls to do this movie and play with his own stardom makes him the king , atleast for me. He  finally gave that respect to his own craft and the fans. 
Rest, different stokes for different folks.

kabeeraspeaking.Screwtape.angrybreadNestleToulouseAS-RifiNikki_Titli-DZ--SalShah4eva-

.rasgulla. IF-Stunnerz
.rasgulla.
.rasgulla.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
This is one movie which cannot be judged by BO.. the likes of CE, HNY, Dilwale were BO kinda movies (just taking names of SRK movies because do not want third world war here) this movie is beyond that.. It could be the biggest disaster that Bollywood has ever seen in terms of money and yet it will remain untouched.. This is one film who will not be defined by numbersStarStar

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

anitaraniangrybreadNestleToulouseAS-Rifi-DZ-

briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Gaurav was unbelievable! even when Aryan was chasing him, did anyone else notice the way Gaurav was running, like a young kid, and Shah like an old superstar, chasing.LOL
what brilliance...these small details...only shah could come up with.
ClapClapClap

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

AamnakideewaniangrybreadcharminggenieNestleToulouseAS-Rifi-SalShah4eva--DZ-

.rasgulla. IF-Stunnerz
.rasgulla.
.rasgulla.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
And I absolutely loved how Aryan put his hands on his waist every time he had a fall or was running.. A rather subtle reminder of his ageLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Aamnakideewanipallavi25NestleToulouseAS-Rifi-DZ-

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
SANGRAM U SINGH @Sangram_Sanjeet 3h3 hours ago Mumbai, India

What a film @FanTheFilm , @iamsrk U r Awesome. Superb Energy, Dedication,Sab #Fan Ho gye. God bless U & in Future hope U ll entertain like

Sarita Singh @saritasing 7m7 minutes ago

It's a knockout performance as gaurav by @iamsrk in #fan just loved it watching again @yrf @MandviSharma

Riteish Deshmukh @Riteishd 7m7 minutes ago

.@iamsrk is brilliant as a STAR and beyond brilliant as a FAN. Loved this edge of the seat thriller. #MainTohJabraFanHoGaya

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25NestleToulouseAS-Rifi

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by briahna

Gaurav was unbelievable! even when Aryan was chasing him, did anyone else notice the way Gaurav was running, like a young kid, and Shah like an old superstar, chasing.LOL
what brilliance...these small details...only shah could come up with.
ClapClapClap

They build up Gaurav's swiftness and strength all through, he was cunning and creepy like that just didn't look the part. Aryan' age was subtly indicated . Sigh, the transitions Shah rocked there. So nuanced. Embarrassed

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pieryrosepallavi25AS-RifiNestleToulouseVasusenaRadheya-DZ-

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by srkjuhi

I didn't think I'd get Aryan to be honest. For some reason I went to the theater thinking it'll be completely one sided in terms of who I'll like but I have to say I got Aryan quite a bit. I got where he was coming from, I got his intention. It's just that the way Shahrukh played Gaurav was something I just couldn't get over. I love the character. I think in the hands of the wrong actor , even a character like Gaurav can just come across as creepy but Shahrukh gave  so many layers to him. And I'm sure the script too had a lot to do with it but it's his portrayal of him that makes the script come alive. There are so many nuances in there. . Like the scene where he sees Aryan at his house for the first time , his look there , him trying to pick up the sweets from the road ...sigh. I need to watch this movie many more times just to notice all these things even more.

This movie reminded me why Shahrukh is so good at playing dark/grey characters. For the most part you end up feeling for them man. The ending of Darr still gets to me everytime I watch it!

I'm the exact opposite of you! LOL I have nothing but contempt for Gaurav types, but watching his interactions with his parents (during the initial contest, after he's been 'rejected' and comes home, near the end at the festival), or the amazing reaction when he gets that first call from Aryan, or the moment he celebrates Aryan's birthday alone in Hotel Delite...those 'quiet' moments of Gaurav humanized him so much for me...so much so that I wasn't 'judging' and hating him...I maintained that he was in the wrong, but it didn't become a lopsided hero vs. villain thing...which I'm guessing also goes for you with Aryan. It's nice that they found that common ground and decided to put nuance into the characters...give them all shades and not make them one-dimensional. Big part in why the movie is perhaps working/connecting with people.

@drummedup: I think you've nailed it about the comfort zone vs. discomforting questions/conscience attacked thing, esp by pointing out how other content based movies are different in this regard. The 2nd half here is no better or worse than majority of BW movies, heck, the climax scene is an even better one than most. But the problem is that it makes people uncomfortable...fans/our kids/grown ass adults committing suicide...no one wants to think, much less talk about that stuff...

In the past I've had debates with people on this forum on whether the onus for heralding good, thought provoking content lies on the makers or the audience and I've always put it squarely on the makers. This time, the makers have truly brought a different theme to fore. And the 'trade reports' highlight which exact section is shutting its eyes to it. But chalo, at least one step towards some awareness, perhaps? If SRK isn't gonna back such an idea and get it as wide a viewership as possible, who would.

Edited by kabeeraspeaking - 17 April 2016 at 1:47pm

zaroonkashafangrybreadNestleToulousepallavi25charminggenieAS-RifiVasusenaRadheya-DZ-

Go to top