Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 23)

I_M_SultaN IF-Addictz
I_M_SultaN
I_M_SultaN

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

@Hooli - Appreciate your honest review. I know you will prefer Raees though. EmbarrassedLOL
gujju don first day first show eid p back to back shows of SULTAN n Raeess
Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aamnakideewanicharminggenie

.rasgulla. IF-Stunnerz
.rasgulla.
.rasgulla.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by I_M_SultaN

LOL  i know trailer s h pata tha mjhe not my type
now waiting for gujju don Wink eid p double kharcha lagta ha Ouch
RaeesDay Dreaming Mein bhi double kharcha kar lungi.. To watch the hot as hell Don twiceHeart

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-RifiI_M_SultaN-DZ-

.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:06pm | IP Logged

Q. Dilwale was a poor film and it still managed to gross 140 crore and that too with a clash so can we assume that if Fan is decent it can do 200 crore and good then reach 300 crore and rescue Shahrukh Khan.

Ans. Shahrukh Khan is an established star, just like the fate of Dilwale makes little difference, nor will Fan..For a big established star,you need a string of low grossing films to say a star needs to be rescued. As for Fan business it does not work the way you have pointed out. A Kapoor & Sons is for 5 cities, a Bajrangi Bhaijaan is for across the board, Fan seems for 20-25 cities (like Airlift) and if good the following of Shahrukh Khan will take it further but a 300 number is impossible without universal appeal and till today even 200 crore has not even been reached without it. If it gets 200 it would be a first.

M. Haider

LOL LOL LOL LOL 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Briyanikidaig

.sajitha. Goldie
.sajitha.
.sajitha.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by srkjuhi

I don't know how many here would agree with me but I think Aryan's role is not something everyone out there would have done. That for me is a freaking brave choice. I loved Gaurav but for Shahrukh to play Aryan the way he did is what I find just as courageous. Yes , you can find the similarities in Shahrukh and Aryan. That character was obviously written keeping Shahrukh's journey in mind but Aryan is not Shahrukh. The fact that some are thinking well he was just playing himself is what I find really interesting for a lack of a better word. Which is why I say it's gutsy choice because he knows the audience can interpret it that way yet he went ahead and did it.

Aryan imo I felt was better written character in the film as compared to Gaurav.

@Bold - Yes I really couldnt put in a proper sentence. It was good yes.
zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
I didn't think I'd get Aryan to be honest. For some reason I went to the theater thinking it'll be completely one sided in terms of who I'll like but I have to say I got Aryan quite a bit. I got where he was coming from, I got his intention. It's just that the way Shahrukh played Gaurav was something I just couldn't get over. I love the character. I think in the hands of the wrong actor , even a character like Gaurav can just come across as creepy but Shahrukh gave  so many layers to him. And I'm sure the script too had a lot to do with it but it's his portrayal of him that makes the script come alive. There are so many nuances in there. . Like the scene where he sees Aryan at his house for the first time , his look there , him trying to pick up the sweets from the road ...sigh. I need to watch this movie many more times just to notice all these things even more.

This movie reminded me why Shahrukh is so good at playing dark/grey characters. For the most part you end up feeling for them man. The ending of Darr still gets to me everytime I watch it!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

anitaraniangrybreadNestleToulouseNikki_Titli-DZ-

.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Monday giregi film buri tarah... just wait n watch...

Now it's my turn to return the favor LOL
.rasgulla. IF-Stunnerz
.rasgulla.
.rasgulla.

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Aryan is the kind of character that no other superstar can even think of playing.. it is only Shahrukh and Shahrukh alone who could have to courage to do it.. The character was so layered and so incredibly wonderful that it hurts.. not to say that Gaurav wasn't.. Both the characters were just out of this world, thereby making SRK an out of the world actorStarStar

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

AamnakideewanianitaraniangrybreadNestleToulouseAS-RifiNikki_Titli-DZ-

drummedup IF-Dazzler
drummedup
drummedup

Posted: 17 April 2016 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking

Does anyone else find it really ironic and funny that the single screen audience doesn't want to see the mirror...LOL Didn't want to post this in the forum because the potboiler fans will be after me (kya kharaab hai un type of movies main, who are you to decide what people should be seeing or like!!!!??) but it's pretty telling.
I doubt even most Stan fans on serial forums , they might overlook the message too. LOL

That's what I've been wondering too given the low BO of the film. 

People don't want to think!...All the questions that Fan throws at you, it probably makes them uncomfortable n angry too.

Rather have instant gratification from the likes of BB , 3I, CDI... (content movies yet blockbusters!) 
Or Give an idea of being thought-provoking on a generic theme in comfort zone! - OMG,3I, Neerja ... Messages easy to talk about "God's universal, don't monetize him"," Choose your career/life", " Saluting a brave soul"... 

Audience probably don't like their conscience attacked.LOL

Some movies do that to you... You either hate or shun them... to come to terms with it or be broad-minded enough to accept that perspective too is not everyone's cup of tea.

Or

Maybe second half is really bad for most. Hence, no repeat value or disappointment in getting mediocre in what they thought could've been epic.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

MrsChandlerBinganitaranikabeeraspeakingangrybreadAS-RificharminggenieNestleToulouseNikki_Titli-SalShah4eva--DZ-

Go to top