Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 132)

.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shanky1

Originally posted by Elvis12

I am not kidding when I say this I have not come across anyone who liked this film in real life .

The WOM is outright negative .If not for SRK's star power ,this would have crashed in the weekend itself .

Being niche is not a problem in todays time .It has been rejected outright even at high end multiplexes .This is not like 2004 when a gem like Swades failed .

Golden lesson -The views on this forum do not represent the real world. .

Among the 15 people I have discussed about Fan, 12 of them totally liked it, 2 liked only 1st part and ONLY 1 hated the movie.

Edit: Forgot to add the fact that one who hated is a hard core Bhai fan.

I brought a neutral fan along and she was justifying aryan's character.. and was kept engaged thoroughout the entire 2nd half.

I personally think it was a story told too early. Saw the article that CDI earned only 67+ cr back in those days. Its still one of the best works. Fan will also referenced for their use of technology, the brilliance of acting and use of meta in storytelling.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

shanky1pieryroseangrybreadpallavi25AS-Rifiblue-ice.-DZ-

RamSiyaRam IF-Rockerz
RamSiyaRam
RamSiyaRam

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 12:49am | IP Logged
How can one judge like or dislike without being aware of it? There had to be some exposure to the object for one to decide. In case of FAN,  damn YRF, public  did not know. Most of threw ones who saw loved it but young crowd was disappointed because jabra song did not come. Even I was disappointed. But all this does not mean that movie was not good, it was great. SRK gave a superlative performance in both roles and this wss something which everyone who watched agrees. Yes on hindsight they can change lot of things but then that's after everyone watched it. Who can know public pulse in advance? Besides this does not change SRK superstar status. He will do one family masala movie and he is back. The accolades he won for his outstanding performance will be remembered forever. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

niki1989Aamnakideewanipallavi25AS-Rifi-DZ-

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 12:50am | IP Logged
Fan Struggles On Weekdays Of First Week
Friday 22 April 11.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
?

Fan struggled on the weekdays grossing 70.25 crore nett in week one after a good weekend. Though the weekend was good it was mainly due to the first day as the film could not trend well on Saturday or Sunday. The film saw a big fall on Monday, Tuesday maintained well as a part holiday but collections came down further after Tuesday.

The business of the film is so so in the metros while most centres have performed poorly. Mumbai, Delhi /UP, Mysore and West Bengal have seen the best numbers while other circuits are poor. A multiplex dominated circuit like East Punjab was below the mark. 

The film does not face any major competition this week barring the strong holdover The Jungle Book but with collections coming down to low levels at the end of the week a decent second week total  is unlikely to happen.

The film could still be the leading Hindi film but that is irrelevant as it mainly because the other Hindi films are poor.

Shah Rukh Khan talks about FAN Poor Box Office Collections & Verdict

Posted by: cpr April 20, 2016 0

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan talks about the poor box office collections of FAN and accepts the final audience verdict for the movie as he is a realistic guy.

"It's not a film that heartland audience (masses) will like. But we took a chance thinking hopefully they will like it, but they need song and dance. I am not unrealistic" the actor was quoted as saying by the Press Trust of India (PTI).

"While we were making Swades, I had told Ashutosh Gowariker that hope you know this film will not make much business as the other (more commercial) films do. But he had the guts to make a film like Swades with a star like me. I think this is what we should celebrate. When a new kind of filmmaker comes, and makes something different with new people as he doesn't have access to others (stars), I really appreciate that. I think it is more appreciated when an established director, producer, star does something unusual like Fan"

The Dilwale' star said it's doing something different that keeps him going as a person.

"As a person, it keeps me going as I feel I have done something different. It also enhances your way of making cinema. Then after six months you can make a commercial film. Will Smith does that, he makes a film for numbers as well one those which don't make that much. I feel most actors should try and make that"

Shah Rukh also said he expected the film not to be universal in its appeal, adding that balancing between the audience in the heartland and the more intellectual moviegoers, is going to be tough.

"There is thinking and talking audience that sees world cinema and assumes our cinema should reach there soon. Then there is an audience in the heartland of the country which believes still in values and thoughts and entertainment in a certain way,"

"Language is a barrier, not everyone watches English, Spanish films (at smaller centres). So, when you make a film like this, you know the film is not going to be universal, the heartland people are not going to understand. I don't think anyone is a hypocrite in this"

http://www.talkingmoviez.com/shah-rukh-khan-talks-about-fan-poor-box-office-collections-verdict/

Edited by MrsKhan - 22 April 2016 at 12:51am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

UglyDuckling..Screwtape.angrybreadAS-Rifipallavi25blue-ice.-DZ-

AS-Rifi IF-Stunnerz
AS-Rifi
AS-Rifi

Special Effects Supervisor

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 2:10am | IP Logged
EID aja jaldiBig smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aamnakideewani-DZ-

Aamnakideewani IF-Sizzlerz
Aamnakideewani
Aamnakideewani

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 2:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AS-Rifi

EID aja jaldiBig smile
btw what abt the clash is it still there??Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

AS-Rifi IF-Stunnerz
AS-Rifi
AS-Rifi

Special Effects Supervisor

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 3:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aamnakideewani

EID aja jaldiBig smile
Not sure till now! I really want the clash now!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanYouGoAwayAamnakideewanipallavi25-DZ-

Aamnakideewani IF-Sizzlerz
Aamnakideewani
Aamnakideewani

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 3:06am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aamnakideewani

EID aja jaldiBig smile
Not sure till now! I really want the clash now!
me too

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

humanspiritAS-Rifi-DZ-

cinemaceleb Newbie
cinemaceleb
cinemaceleb

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Apart from FAN disaster, the mail conversation between Hrithik and Kangana is so funny. Hrithik s really a good man.

Go to top