Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 125)

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:17am | IP Logged
But what are they getting out of changing figures months after the movie has released? HNY still holds the record when it comes to the opening day and when you are going back a month or two after its release to change to in order to show another movie as breaking its record , then nobody will buy that crap. If you are such a "credible" site then why didn't you quote the figure you quoted after two months when HNY first released. Like I said I don't follow these sites but if this is how they function , then why should anyone take their word for it!

I see some folks not being able to digest its a niche movie LOL. These are same folks who thought Jai Ho was nichel Confused. These are same folks who after months would finally acknowledge that yes PRDP was an outdated movie but look how much it earned despite being outdated. Well hello...that's so not what you were claiming when it released LOL. The hypocrisy man. People in general need to understand there's something called as masala movies and then there's something called as a niche film. You can't compare the BO of a Talaash to a BO of a PK. Talaash had two females leads who are huge when it comes to their popularity , it had songs too but I would still call it a niche film. Just like FAN is a niche film. It doesn't even have a prominent female lead as such who has her own fan following or a song , so in a way it's even more niche than a Talaash.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

humanspirit_SJ_pieryrose.Screwtape.angrybreadAS-Rifipallavi25NestleToulouseblue-ice.-DZ-

angrybread IF-Sizzlerz
angrybread
angrybread

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrsKhan

Originally posted by angrybread

Originally posted by MrsKhan

Fan - The Genre Makes It Tough
Thursday 21 April 2016 11.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
?

Fan dropped on the second day at key centres which basically sealed its fate and the postmortems will happen but the genre of the film always meant an uphill struggle to meet expectations which were mainly there because of a big star like Shahrukh Khan. It could have succeeded but was never going to be a superstar level hit. The highest grossing thriller till date is Holiday - A Soldier Is Never Off Duty at 112 crore nett and that says it all.

The next bests are Ek Villain and Race 2 and the list of disappointments in the genre is huge not just over the last few years but since they started being made in Hindi. The last big hit in the genre was Agni Sakshi way back in 1996 and this was mainly driven by Mumbai circuit which had a tax free status.

The last one to do extraordinary business all over was actually a Shahrukh Khan film Darr in 1993. This is probably the most successful thriller genre film in India ever but the reason it went so far was that other elements that are needed in a Hindi film were blended so well in the film especially a love story and music. Also it was directed by the one of the greats of Hindi cinemas Yash Chopra and there no directors of that level today in the Hindi film industry. 

Basically the bigger the star, the bigger the risk with this genre. The more popular you are then the higher the expectations go which just can't be met with the genre especially the sort of number that is expected of a Shahrukh Khan or a Salman Khan starrer. Its difficult to meet expectations and if a few circuits reject the film then the gap between expectation and final result can look huge which is the case with Fan.

The downside of mega stardom is that you can't really go out of the drama, action and love story genre today as box office numbers are reported everywhere and outside these genres you need some outstanding film to put up a megastar number.

It is also interesting to note that the other superstar of the day Salman Khan has no film in the thriller genre in our database which goes back to 1994. Not only Salman Khan but even the legendary megastars of prior generations with great box office records are likely to have filmographies devoid of thrillers.

Mrs Khan ShockedEmbarrassed who is that ...is it Hajmola ??
Is that Mrs F Khan or just a combination of favorite Khans  Big smile

Both my Khans. They made me proud this year with their fabulous performances. Big smile

Hallelujah! Taran didnt bash Fan collections till now today.

#Fan Fri 19.20 cr, Sat 15.40 cr, Sun 17.75 cr, Mon 6.05 cr, Tue 5.75 cr, Wed 4.20 cr. Total: 68.35 cr. India biz.

I like it Thumbs Up instead of jabra fan you turned straight to Mrs Khan Big smile
Fabulous performances indeed .

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

humanspirit_SJ_AS-Rifipallavi25blue-ice.-DZ-

.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by srkjuhi

But what are they getting out of changing figures months after the movie has released? HNY still holds the record when it comes to the opening day and when you are going back a month or two after its release to change to in order to show another movie as breaking its record , then nobody will buy that crap. If you are such a "credible" site then why didn't you quote the figure you quoted after two months when HNY first released. Like I said I don't follow these sites but if this is how they function , then why should anyone take their word for it!

I see some folks not being able to digest its a niche movie LOL. These are same folks who thought Jai Ho was nichel Confused. These are same folks who after months would finally acknowledge that yes PRDP was an outdated movie but look how much it earned despite being outdated. Well hello...that's so not what you were claiming when it released LOL. The hypocrisy man. People in general need to understand there's something called as masala movies and then there's something called as a niche film. You can't compare the BO of a Talaash to a BO of a PK. Talaash had two females leads who are huge when it comes to their popularity , it had songs too but I would still call it a niche film. Just like FAN is a niche film. It doesn't even have a prominent female lead as such who has her own fan following or a song , so in a way it's even more niche than a Talaash.

You are talking too much sense. LOL

People here understand only BO and figures. Cos it's all about star power and their pull. 

According to them, a superstar has to deliver hits and BO. They no longer need to act. 

Edited by MoonBow. - 21 April 2016 at 9:23am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

_SJ_angrybreadAS-Rifipallavi25NestleToulouseblue-ice.-DZ-

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Shreya married who to become Mrs Khan?? Fawad or Shahrukh??ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Aamnakideewaniangrybreadpallavi25NestleToulouse-DZ-

angrybread IF-Sizzlerz
angrybread
angrybread

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Watched it second time today and as good or even better this time too Day Dreaming still team Aryan for 2nd half and still loved 2nd half more .
I didn't expect any audience this time as weekday 11AM show in UK for BW movie ( flop too as per BO fabatics ) w ill hardly draw any audience but to my surprise there were about 18-20 audiences including me and my friend .

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

_SJ_zaroonkashafAamnakideewanipallavi25NestleToulouse-DZ-

angrybread IF-Sizzlerz
angrybread
angrybread

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Shreya married who to become Mrs Khan?? Fawad or Shahrukh??ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Apparently both as she couldn't choose LOLLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Aamnakideewanipallavi25-DZ-

Aamnakideewani IF-Sizzlerz
Aamnakideewani
Aamnakideewani

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:34am | IP Logged
OmG angrbread too badROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

zaroonkashaf IF-Rockerz
zaroonkashaf
zaroonkashaf

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MoonBow.

You are talking too much sense. LOL

People here understand only BO and figures. Cos it's all about star power and their pull. 

According to them, a superstar has to deliver hits and BO. They no longer need to act. 

The thing is even there they aren't consistent LOL. I'm sure these are the same folks who will defend Jai Ho, there the "figures" apparently go out of the window as it's a "niche" film according to them LOL.

At the end of the day , nobody years from now will remember how much a HNY earned on its opening day. They will however remember that DDLJ ran for twenty or more years in a theater , they will remember Shahrukh giving one of his finest performances in Swades , they will remember that he started the trend of anti hero roles , they will remember FAN is being one of his best performances. See, I care for the BO figures too. I'd be lying if I said they don't matter. Of course they do. I want all his movies to do darn well at the BO , I'm sure that's a sentiment shared by many here as well. But we can't measure the success of every movie by the same yardstick and I think that's what people forget at times.

Edited by srkjuhi - 21 April 2016 at 9:34am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

pieryrose.Screwtape.AS-Rifipallavi25-DZ-

Go to top