Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 118)

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angrybread

Originally posted by MrsKhan

Fan - The Genre Makes It Tough
Thursday 21 April 2016 11.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
?

Fan dropped on the second day at key centres which basically sealed its fate and the postmortems will happen but the genre of the film always meant an uphill struggle to meet expectations which were mainly there because of a big star like Shahrukh Khan. It could have succeeded but was never going to be a superstar level hit. The highest grossing thriller till date is Holiday - A Soldier Is Never Off Duty at 112 crore nett and that says it all.

The next bests are Ek Villain and Race 2 and the list of disappointments in the genre is huge not just over the last few years but since they started being made in Hindi. The last big hit in the genre was Agni Sakshi way back in 1996 and this was mainly driven by Mumbai circuit which had a tax free status.

The last one to do extraordinary business all over was actually a Shahrukh Khan film Darr in 1993. This is probably the most successful thriller genre film in India ever but the reason it went so far was that other elements that are needed in a Hindi film were blended so well in the film especially a love story and music. Also it was directed by the one of the greats of Hindi cinemas Yash Chopra and there no directors of that level today in the Hindi film industry. 

Basically the bigger the star, the bigger the risk with this genre. The more popular you are then the higher the expectations go which just can't be met with the genre especially the sort of number that is expected of a Shahrukh Khan or a Salman Khan starrer. Its difficult to meet expectations and if a few circuits reject the film then the gap between expectation and final result can look huge which is the case with Fan.

The downside of mega stardom is that you can't really go out of the drama, action and love story genre today as box office numbers are reported everywhere and outside these genres you need some outstanding film to put up a megastar number.

It is also interesting to note that the other superstar of the day Salman Khan has no film in the thriller genre in our database which goes back to 1994. Not only Salman Khan but even the legendary megastars of prior generations with great box office records are likely to have filmographies devoid of thrillers.

Mrs Khan ShockedEmbarrassed who is that ...is it Hajmola ??
Is that Mrs F Khan or just a combination of favorite Khans  Big smile

Both my Khans. They made me proud this year with their fabulous performances. Big smile

Hallelujah! Taran didnt bash Fan collections till now today.

#Fan Fri 19.20 cr, Sat 15.40 cr, Sun 17.75 cr, Mon 6.05 cr, Tue 5.75 cr, Wed 4.20 cr. Total: 68.35 cr. India biz.

Edited by MrsKhan - 21 April 2016 at 2:56am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

angrybreadpallavi25NestleToulouseAS-Rifi-DZ-

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ZanduBaaM

Originally posted by AishMinoz

indicine ko badi jaldi hai .
if the moovie flops it will be srk's 1st flop in 10 years. wanted this movie to do well at bo .but its ok .hope srk sweeps all the awards 

Award ROFL

Award to aaj kal us kaamwali ki tarah ho gaya jaise wo subha aati hai aur kaam karke chali jati hai ...waise hi Award show me dance karo or Award lo aur Ghar chalo TongueLOL
i dint understand . jo bhi ho award toh milne chahiye 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 2:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gulabi22

Originally posted by Sweet_Desires

This proves that no matter how star-studded the film is, unless there is a proper script backing it up, the film won't work.
Honestly, the film was depressing and dark. And towards the end, I felt like I was watching Raone.

But SRK still has hopes for winning NA..umeed par duniya kaaym hai..Wink

PS. I wonder what would have happened to SRK if his films weren't released in Pakistan?Ermm

NA for fan LOL
NO NA for srk 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shanky1-DZ-

ZanduBaaM IF-Sizzlerz
ZanduBaaM
ZanduBaaM

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 2:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gulabi22

Originally posted by ZanduBaaM

Kehte hain agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaho ... to puri kainaat usse tumse milane ki koshish mein lag jaati hai shayd mere FANS ke pyar main hi kami reh gai hogi jo 100 cr bhi nahi hueOuch
lekin kya fark padta haiDuniya mein kitni hai nafratein ... phir bhi dilon mein hai chahatein ... mar bhi jaaye pyar waale ... mitt bhi jaaye yaar waale ... zinda rehti unki mohabbatein ...mere FANS phir bhi mere APNE haiHeart

aur isliye main kehta hoonMain aaj bhi FANS se utni hi mohabbat karta hoon ... aur is liye nahi ki wo meri movie hit kare ... par is liye ki woh hai to main hoonClap

<font face="Verdana">kaam acha kiya tha magar movie flop ho gai kya kare</font>Kabhi kabhi jeetne ke liye kuch haarna bhi padta hai ... aur haar kar jeetne waale ko baazigar kehte hai Tongue..yahan maine critics ka pyar to jeeta magar Box office pe haar gayaBig smile
but kya karuHum thodi acting kya karne lage ... box office badmash ban gaya ...Wink
lekin yeh din bhi chale jayenge aur ACCHE DIN AAYENGEY
isliyeThumbs Up
Aaj ... aaj ek hasi aur baant lo ... aaj ek dua aur maang lo ... aaj ek ansoon aur pee lo ... aaj ek zindagi aur jee lo ... aaj ek sapna aur dekh lo ... aaj ... kya pata, kal ho naa hoWink

or plzDon't underestimate the power of a common man i mean SRK
mere Fans plz dnt forgetPicture abhi baaki hai mere dost ..raees comingTongue

or yaad rakhnaDil toh har kisi ke paas hota hai ... lekin sab dilwale nahi hote aur Prem Dilwale ki baat hi kuch aur hai zund movie ko bhi 100cr karwa diyaAngry

aur mere dear FANSKuch kaam aaise hote hai jin mein fayda yanuksaan nahi dekha jaata ... bus unhe karna zaroori hota hai isliye FANS ki maine ..
aur agar mere Fans mujhe pyar karte hai to ek baar palat ke zaroor dekhengey i mean meri movie Raees pakka dekhengeyClap

aur mere Fans always
Yaad rakhna ki duniya ke kisi kone mein ek aadmi hai joh bahut khush hai ... kyun ki tum khush hoHeart

LOL

aise mat haso pyar ho jayega , Khan se Wink 
elim Senior Member
elim
elim

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 3:07am | IP Logged
sad a good movie flopped .they expect too much from a srk starrer . 
but i dont understand the celebrations here Ermm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Aamnakideewani

elim Senior Member
elim
elim

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 3:11am | IP Logged

Edited by elim - 21 April 2016 at 3:28am
-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 3:22am | IP Logged
bhumi pednekar @psbhumi Apr 15

The entire theatre broke into an ovation after #FAN,only fr @iamsrk.Frm gaurav to aryan,outstanding sir.Had goosebumps.Epic sir like wow

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

AamnakideewanianitaraniangrybreadAS-RifiNestleToulousepallavi25

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 3:29am | IP Logged

SRK Redefined the power of his Charisma with FAN :)

I breathe SRK in and out.. He was my password when I first created my mail account followed by few other login's at work place too. He still continues to be one of the password

Like every movie of SRK's I am always highly excited, for me it is not just a movie release , it's a festive a celebration. Fan was no less but this being a dedication to all his loving ones all over the Universe I was super thrilled to witness myself ,feel myself on-screen along with my childhood love,dream my most favorite Man -  SHAH RUKH KHAN

I would never give rating to this movie because this is what we all live - dreaming of him, want to meet/see SRK esp on his Birthday ,get a hug,kiss him..so no ratings can justify all these feelings..

FAN is not a movie its Journey that I & We all experience day in and out.

Coming to movie or rather moments we all SRK'ians live in every moment - This one is SRK's most FANtastic Finest performance after long. It is a trump card a Triumph.A performance that  I /we all will cherish for ages and it goes in the history of Indian Cinema for being one of the captivating movies ever made with a sincere,grasping performance. SRK has played all his strengths in it.

Gaurav and Aryan are poles apart ,two distinctive characters but they are two sides of a same coin, so incomplete without each other. The body language when it comes to Gaurav is so polished that he fits in at ease and this is the beauty of Shah Rukh Khan - give him anything he puts in Life.Fan is one of his highly energetic,way sincere and captivating performance.  Gaurav takes you back straight to Darr, Anjaam & in bits and pieces Baazigar days. That anger, the ego clash to prove who is right, the obsession, take revenge & being hurt by the one you have loved growing up someone who is your God,lifeline is beautifully showcased. U fall in fix whether you should dislike Gaurav for all that he does to his idol Aryan Khanna, but somewhere deep down u do fall for his tears,his inquisitiveness and not to forget that cutish devilsh evil Smile most of the times. Gaurav is loved in and out and one cannot just take eyes of him and Aryan too.They both melt your heart and soul equally.
Gaurav's journey from his hometown Dilli to meet his God Aryan Khanna at Mumbai is all where it actually  begins. Gaurav is the encyclopedia of Aryan Khanna..Scene where he first gets a call from Aryan Khanna and Junior with twinkle in his eyes,joy in his voice says  - "Senior guess karo kaha se bol raha hoon - Delight Hotel kamara no. 205" and he goes on will move you. The first time when he sees his Star at Mannat on his B'day ( being one of my dreams too ) will cheer you. When Gaurav is hurt you do cry with him. When he is happy u want to be happy and dance with him.He is exuberant. There are scenes that capitalize on making SRK fans sentimental, but then end up making them impressed.Fan maintains its pace even if there are spaces in between the unexpected twists fills them all. And wait there are quiet clever moments too where  the film will make u drive a thought  - is it straightly driven from a star's persona and their power..
As Gaurav - SRK has nailed it flawlessly - u experience finesse in him and is no less than a Sublime beauty. When the Star draws a line with his FAN - "Main apni jagah aur tum apni jagah " that is when the Fan reacts in anger - " Pehale Fan Star ke peeche bhaagta tha ab Star Fan ke peeche bhaagega "  ,  " Gaurav hain toh Aryan Hain , Gaurav nahi toh Aryan bhi nahi " ... we experience a ride here.
The chase sequence between SRK & SRK is kickass one  - Oh Boy a double Jabra treat. A point where the Star is traveling the world for his concerts, attending wedding invite to perform  and the Fan is smartly stalking,following like his own shadow.He would do anything to get that apology from Aryan. I loved that scene where Gaurav gets in his makeup room and leaves a note on te mirror  - "Main Hoon toh Tu Hain "
Beat this ego clash where the Star refuses to apologies to his Fan because what his admirer has gifted him on his birthday was wrong, wiered .

Gaurav's intelligence in seeking revenge will put you at edge of the seat.It is a roller coaster thriller  ride. The end will move your soul - esp. when Aryan Khanna searches Gaurav in crowd again on his B'day outside Mannat. That peace and smile on Gaurav's face will surely get tears in ones eyes and yes I did cry. The movie makes u understand at points that Stars are also human being at the end and they do follow a journey like any ordinary human beings - bas fark itana hain ki woh STAR hain aur hum FAN...

So many liners in the movie,moments I do witness in my life - like the one.. lagta kya hain tu Aryan ka?? Jab dekho Aryan Aryan ( here SRK ) and so on ...
A very finely crafted one by Maneesh Sharma and VFX has done a brilliant job. Kudos to all and they deserve a standing ovation .
In the end me along with others applauded and this marks how we all loved what we witnessed.
NO matter what -  I was , I will and I shall always be your Fan  - Jabra,loving one. And if anyone does not understands just one thing - " Rehn de tu nahi samjhega !!
One life is just aint enough to LOve SRK
P.S ; I await for the 5 minutes from U still
From the bottom of my soul -
" THANK YOU my Love - SRK for FAN , thank for being us and U and no one could have justified Gaurav apart from U. We all love u beyond and above. Please keep doing such ones. Cant wait for Raaes and rest.
Thaank Thaankkk YOu Senior
I love YOU for no reasons.
Always Yours (TRULY) ...
Jabra FAN
Pallavi...   '

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25AS-Rifi

Go to top