Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~~~FAN Reviews & BoxOffice Update 3~~~ DTNote:P94 (Page 110)

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by khoslakadhokla

Originally posted by pallavi25

Originally posted by khoslakadhokla

People, how long is the movie supposed to be?
Here they are saying its 2 hrs, 10 mins

but isn't is supposed to be 2:20 or something?

Well, at our theater, the show started at 2:40 pm, ended at 5 pm, there was no break for intermission so movie is 2 hrs 20 mins. 

You're not talking about India, right?
I dunno but the website shows 2 hrs and 10 mins for some reason. 

No, Im in the US. Just now googled it, its saying movie length is 2 hrs 24 mins. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

khoslakadhoklaAS-Rifi-DZ-

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 6:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by humanspirit

Guys, FAN flops speaks tonnes about the inefficiency of indian BO. It doesnt reflect on the quality of the film itself.  Its a reflection of the crap that people in india are used to seeing in theatres. We should all be proud of our superstar who has made the most honest attempt possible to take a step in the right direction. I hope more people follow suit and down the line srk is known as the person who brought the trend of such beautiful films. 

Right on! Thumbs Up As SRK himself said, he didnt expect Fan to be a success in the Heartland, which only likes commercial masala movies with songs and dances, lots of violence and at least one item song.
 Over the years, so many wonderful movies have failed at the BO because of this inability by masses to appreciate good content: 
Swades
Lootera
Dor
Rocket Singh
Udaan
Lamhe
D-Day
Lakshya
Luck By Chance
And many more such great movies which didnt do well at the BO...so Fan is in good company. Big smile

ha ha ha...true thatROFL

BTW...just now read that ...its time for us to discuss why FAN failed at BO...warna goli maar dee jaayegi humeinROFL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

angrybreadAS-Rifipallavi25-DZ-

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aspen_matis

I did not see Illeana or Vaani anywhere in the movie here (in USA). Were some scenes missing in the overseas cut?

hain?? these two were also in the movie??Shocked...I didn't see them...lucky meLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

angrybreadAS-Rifipallavi25

.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

I did not see Illeana or Vaani anywhere in the movie here (in USA). Were some scenes missing in the overseas cut?

hain?? these two were also in the movie??Shocked...I didn't see them...lucky meLOL

LOL

Best part was someone reviewed Fan and mentioned these two names. Making it so obvious they didn't watch the film. Lol 

OT - those names were thrown around but nope they are not in it. And before the Jabra song came on. People thought a r rahman was the musician. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.-DZ-

aspen_matis Newbie
aspen_matis
aspen_matis

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 7:24pm | IP Logged

I read somewhere that they have small appearances as Aryan's costars.Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.

aspen_matis Newbie
aspen_matis
aspen_matis

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
^^Ok thanks for clearing that upLOL
Pinnacle09 Groupbie
Pinnacle09
Pinnacle09

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
Do we know the actual production figures and distribution figures to know for sure Fan is FLOP?
I don't know much about the number game. 

My understanding always has been the production house usually recovers the cost from overseas, satellite, domestic and merchandise tie-ups/positioning. 

As for numbers, blah...I saw 2 specific instances where people had mentioned, when they went to buy tickets, it was said it is fully booked. 

One was able to get it online anyway and the other found the theater had only 25% occupancy.

Of-course, it was blamed on SRK who is NOT the producer that he deliberately brought all the tickets.

If so, how come people were able to buy it online. If a ticket is sold, it automatically gets blocked. Why would he spend a single paisa more for a movie which he is not producing?

So if People can randomly claim SRK is fudging numbers, why can't I claim YRF is deliberately giving out less numbers just so it can show Fan under performed? 

It can easily take a short term loss of say 50 crores in its earning, if that paves way for Sultan getting  a solo release.

Team Raees will be looking at Fan's numbers and people might say, don't clash. Look at Fan's numbers.

You think a production house like YRF would not resort to do that?

It would not be the first time they have used unfair means to get what they want?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Garima-angrybreadpallavi25AS-Rifiblue-ice.-DZ-

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 8:16pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by humanspirit

Guys, FAN flops speaks tonnes about the inefficiency of indian BO. It doesnt reflect on the quality of the film itself.  Its a reflection of the crap that people in india are used to seeing in theatres. We should all be proud of our superstar who has made the most honest attempt possible to take a step in the right direction. I hope more people follow suit and down the line srk is known as the person who brought the trend of such beautiful films. 

Right on! Thumbs Up As SRK himself said, he didnt expect Fan to be a success in the Heartland, which only likes commercial masala movies with songs and dances, lots of violence and at least one item song.
 Over the years, so many wonderful movies have failed at the BO because of this inability by masses to appreciate good content: 
Swades
Lootera
Dor
Rocket Singh
Udaan
Lamhe
D-Day
Lakshya
Luck By Chance
And many more such great movies which didnt do well at the BO...so Fan is in good company. Big smile

ha ha ha...true thatROFL

BTW...just now read that ...its time for us to discuss why FAN failed at BO...warna goli maar dee jaayegi humeinROFL

@Bold: OMG! Really? Shocked Who wrote that? LOLLOL The gumption of some people! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top